Picked Up my first free agent - He is Retired...

fenixink

Woah that's bad luck! I'm sure mike can do something about it.

I doubt .-. You can CLEARLY see on fighter's profile if he's retired or not, so he knew what he picks. And no, you cant sack retired fighters. He prolly was retired and when Opa's acc was deleted, they all went to FA market, but you can't sack retired guy yourself. Check this page though and see if you can unretire him and sack him them, should work.

http://mmatycoon.com/retirefighter.php (if you cant acces it, goe to "gold star" in the menu on the right side and pick Retire Fighter)

I doubt .-. You can CLEARLY see on fighter's profile if he's retired or not, so he knew what he picks. And no, you cant sack retired fighters. He prolly was retired and when Opa's acc was deleted, they all went to FA market, but you can't sack retired guy yourself. Check this page though and see if you can unretire him and sack him them, should work.

http://mmatycoon.com/retirefighter.php (if you cant acces it, goe to "gold star" in the menu on the right side and pick Retire Fighter)

To be honest I didn't look at his fighter profile because it shows his Primaries on the free-agent list and thats all I was paying attention to since he was going to be a sparbot. I also assumed that retired fighters would not be in the free-agent pool. I can however trade 20 VIP days to un-retire him but I also noticed that regardless of his Elite Primaries his sparring worth is 1 Star on everything which runs contrary to what information I've been able to find searching both the wiki and the forums. I'm guessing this might be because he has been retired but at the same time my PA is retired and still has sparring worth. While I see where your coming from with the "Well he should have looked at the profile" argument, but I don't think that a system that lets people pick up a 20 VIP day tax from free-agency is necessarily a good element to have in the game because it honestly feels like a trap.

To be honest I didn't look at his fighter profile because it shows his Primaries on the free-agent list and thats all I was paying attention to since he was going to be a sparbot. I also assumed that retired fighters would not be in the free-agent pool. I can however trade 20 VIP days to un-retire him but I also noticed that regardless of his Elite Primaries his sparring worth is 1 Star on everything which runs contrary to what information I've been able to find searching both the wiki and the forums. I'm guessing this might be because he has been retired but at the same time my PA is retired and still has sparring worth. While I see where your coming from with the "Well he should have looked at the profile" argument, but I don't think that a system that lets people pick up a 20 VIP day tax from free-agency is necessarily a good element to have in the game because it honestly feels like a trap.

Its not a trap, since you can easily check it .-. Its not like its hidden info and you HAVE to know it about it in order to check it. That info is always one click away from you o:

As far as sparring worth - thats because of his morale. Bring it back up and his sparring worth will be back at 4.5/5 stars.

Its not a trap, since you can easily check it .-. Its not like its hidden info and you HAVE to know it about it in order to check it. That info is always one click away from you o:

As far as sparring worth - thats because of his morale. Bring it back up and his sparring worth will be back at 4.5/5 stars.

If somebody lays a bear trap down in plain sight it's no less a bear trap. However this is irrelevant because I'm guessing this behavior is unintentional, I contacted Mike and he is going to refund the days I spend un-retiring him, my best guess is that since there is no specific mention of people picking up retired free-agents and Mike is working with me on it that it has to do with the new PA system dropping retired guys into the free-agent pool. Thanks for the morale info Victusify, it really spooked me when I thought he was going to be completely worthless.

If somebody lays a bear trap down in plain sight it's no less a bear trap. However this is irrelevant because I'm guessing this behavior is unintentional, I contacted Mike and he is going to refund the days I spend un-retiring him, my best guess is that since there is no specific mention of people picking up retired free-agents and Mike is working with me on it that it has to do with the new PA system dropping retired guys into the free-agent pool. Thanks for the morale info Victusify, it really spooked me when I thought he was going to be completely worthless.

...Can I get a refund for sacking fighter too? I picked him up, but I didn't know he will be useless to me.

Its ridiculous...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

It's Latin and the principal behind the contractual vendor-purchaser relationship, it means 'buyer beware' in the sense that the buyer is always at a disadvantage in terms of available information so it is prudent for the purchaser to undertake due diligence before, and take repsonsibility for, purchases made.

• Upvote 2

Caveat emptor.

The phrase caveat emptor arises from the fact that buyers often have less information about the good or service they are purchasing, while the seller has more information.

Defects in the good or service may be hidden from the buyer, and only known to the seller.

Thus, the buyer should beware.

This is called information asymmetry.

Point taken K-Rad and while I fully understand that information asymmetry is a tool leverages by sleazy used car salesmen I think Mike is quite the opposite of that. ​However that being said I have learned my lesson and am now checking all the profiles of free-agents I shortlist.

This problem from my reasoning is a function of the presentation.

The free-agent Fighter List shows a variety of columns including: MMA Hype, Box/MT, BJJ, Wrestle, Record, Time Left, Contract.

As a user this tells me that this list contains the relevant factors needed to make the decision to add a fighter to my shortlist... except Retired is not one of these fields. If there was a Y/N field showing whether the fighter is retired or not fine if none of those columns were there and all that is shown was fighter name and Time Left then I would think it had been designed for me to get the relevant information from the fighter profile.

However since the only retired fighters I've seen so far on the Fighter List are PAs I would venture a guess this is not intended behavior and has to do with the relatively new nature of the PA system. If this is the case then there shouldn't be a Retired field because none of the free-agents should be retired.

It's Latin and the principal behind the contractual vendor-purchaser relationship, it means 'buyer beware' in the sense that the buyer is always at a disadvantage in terms of available information so it is prudent for the purchaser to undertake due diligence before, and take repsonsibility for, purchases made.

Yeah, I looked it up but Google Translate couldn't figure out it was Latin and thought it was already in English, so I had to search the web. I've also found when searching for fighters with top hype to sponsor, most of the top 10 are retired.

The phrase caveat emptor arises from the fact that buyers often have less information about the good or service they are purchasing, while the seller has more information.

Defects in the good or service may be hidden from the buyer, and only known to the seller.

Thus, the buyer should beware.

This is called information asymmetry.

Point taken K-Rad and while I fully understand that information asymmetry is a tool leverages by sleazy used car salesmen I think Mike is quite the opposite of that. ​However that being said I have learned my lesson and am now checking all the profiles of free-agents I shortlist.

This problem from my reasoning is a function of the presentation.

The free-agent Fighter List shows a variety of columns including: MMA Hype, Box/MT, BJJ, Wrestle, Record, Time Left, Contract.

As a user this tells me that this list contains the relevant factors needed to make the decision to add a fighter to my shortlist... except Retired is not one of these fields. If there was a Y/N field showing whether the fighter is retired or not fine if none of those columns were there and all that is shown was fighter name and Time Left then I would think it had been designed for me to get the relevant information from the fighter profile.

However since the only retired fighters I've seen so far on the Fighter List are PAs I would venture a guess this is not intended behavior and has to do with the relatively new nature of the PA system. If this is the case then there shouldn't be a Retired field because none of the free-agents should be retired.

Well...normal people are going to fighter's profile, to check how their hiddens are and stuff like that. So I still say - it's ridiculous you get refund for YOUR OWN mistake. The info about being retired was ONE CLICK OF MOUSE away. It's just stupid that Mike refunds people mistakes like that...

Here is my exact message to Mike:

I just got my first free agent... who turns out to be someones retired PA. I can't release him because of the release delay and I can't use him in any way either since I already had a PA is this intentional?

I didn't complain I simply asked if it was intentional. If Mike had said yes this is intended behavior I would have been fine with that.

If people feel this strongly about it I will just tell Mike to keep the 20 VIP days, I'm not looking for a handout I simply asked a question.

Here is my exact message to Mike:

I just got my first free agent... who turns out to be someones retired PA. I can't release him because of the release delay and I can't use him in any way either since I already had a PA is this intentional?

I didn't complain I simply asked if it was intentional. If Mike had said yes this is intended behavior I would have been fine with that.

If people feel this strongly about it I will just tell Mike to keep the 20 VIP days, I'm not looking for a handout I simply asked a question.

You can use him other way - just un-retire him and keep as a sparbot, since that's what you wanted to do to begin with. I don't blame you, Im just saying its ridiculous to refund people's mistakes :/ Its like I said - I can sack a fighter and ask for refund, because I picked him from FA and I didn't know he will be useless to me. Its matter of getting care of your own mess - you made mistake? Well, shit happens to everybody. Nobody is perfect.

• Downvote 1

You make mistakes in this game, deal with it and move on.

If a fighter is manually retired, and not permanently retired by his manager, there's no reason he should remain "retired" when he hits the free agent market. They should either auto-perm retire, or retire status be removed. Mike made the right move when he un-retired this fighter free of charge.

• Upvote 1