Skill decrease with a 23yo who just fought...

Manta

I thought that fights reset the skill decrease ticker?

I've got a 23 years old fighter who's had 3 skills decrease since he fought on november 8th

- one wondeful (12) skill depop on Nov.12th

- one sensationnal (14) skill depop on Nov 13th

- One respectable skill (7) skill depop on Nov. 15th

Thoughts? Could he have reached his max potential yet?

Thanks

Edit : his overall total skill is around 2.7k

If your saying his skill total is 2700 points, then yes he's likely at his cap

you can check here: http://www.mmatycoon.com/assistant_total_progress.php

click on all other fighters names to turn their line off so you only have that one fighters line on the graph, then hover your cursor over the dots and see total skill totals. If they are capped then usually you don't see any gain or loss or a few weeks, but he could have just capped in the last week or so.

If he is capped you are just shuffling points around, like train punches and kicks go down the same amount or some other high skill

• Upvote 2

Thanks a lot buddy - It does indeed look like his total hasn't increased since 8 or 9 weeks... I couldn't believe that he could have capped so young and with those relative low skills, but that seems to be the case unfortunately.

2700 is reasonably high actually many will never get over 2700, I think the highest I have is mid 2700. Most cap just short of 2700 or just slightly over 2700 but some of that depends on age and damage taken by the time they get to the cap. To get to his cap that quickly he's either really fast learner or hasn't fought much at all, but I'd say he's over a 7.0 learner for sure to get there that quick unless you have a ton of secs at exceptional++ instead of less sec's but all at elite.

If your saying his skill total is 2700 points, then yes he's likely at his cap

you can check here: http://www.mmatycoon.com/assistant_total_progress.php

click on all other fighters names to turn their line off so you only have that one fighters line on the graph, then hover your cursor over the dots and see total skill totals. If they are capped then usually you don't see any gain or loss or a few weeks, but he could have just capped in the last week or so.

If he is capped you are just shuffling points around, like train punches and kicks go down the same amount or some other high skill

Basically once a fighter reaches the 2700 point cap, with some fluctuation of a few points really, you're then playing a game of balance between deciding to try and sustain physicals, primaries or secondaries? Is that a point where some managers have allowed some skills to depop in order to try and build others once this limit is reached?

Basically once a fighter reaches the 2700 point cap, with some fluctuation of a few points really, you're then playing a game of balance between deciding to try and sustain physicals, primaries or secondaries? Is that a point where some managers have allowed some skills to depop in order to try and build others once this limit is reached?

Sort of: once at the cap, training a skill will still add to that skill trained but it will take that amount gained and remove that amount of points from one or more other skills to stay at the cap point level. Typically it takes the points from another high skill or skills, not a low skill.

Example Capped at 2710:

you train punches which are elite -- (140.2 points) and gain .3 points so punches go to 140.5 but other skills are going to drop by the .3. It's likely it will take it from another elite skills and maybe from several, like kicks, clinch and TDD which might all be elite+ (145.5) and drop them .1 each. If you have a skill like knee's at abysmal don't expect them to reduce any or take the skill from that knee's when you train another one.

Basically it takes it from another High skill, so moving around point is pretty hard and usually by the time they cap (over 26 usually), they don't gain very fast anyways.

I have a fighter that during reallocation I gave him some escapes, that has been over a year or more ago and he is capped and actually declining due to age and injuries and lost more then 100 points from his cap and yet the original wonderful-- escapes has only dropped to remarkable- and they have never been trained since reallocation. So don't expect to transfer points from a skill that is less then wonderful to one this is higher, it just don't work.

Sort of: once at the cap, training a skill will still add to that skill trained but it will take that amount gained and remove that amount of points from one or more other skills to stay at the cap point level. Typically it takes the points from another high skill or skills, not a low skill.

Example Capped at 2710:

you train punches which are elite -- (140.2 points) and gain .3 points so punches go to 140.5 but other skills are going to drop by the .3. It's likely it will take it from another elite skills and maybe from several, like kicks, clinch and TDD which might all be elite+ (145.5) and drop them .1 each. If you have a skill like knee's at abysmal don't expect them to reduce any or take the skill from that knee's when you train another one.

Basically it takes it from another High skill, so moving around point is pretty hard and usually by the time they cap (over 26 usually), they don't gain very fast anyways.

I have a fighter that during reallocation I gave him some escapes, that has been over a year or more ago and he is capped and actually declining due to age and injuries and lost more then 100 points from his cap and yet the original wonderful-- escapes has only dropped to remarkable- and they have never been trained since reallocation. So don't expect to transfer points from a skill that is less then wonderful to one this is higher, it just don't work.

Thank you very much for this breakdown Duphus, it's very enlightening and helpful! This will help me figure out when to make 1 or 2 older fighters into SparBots for the next generation because they're near their skill cap, if they've not reached it already of course. I'm not sure I want to take them the route of having them join a KT org to try and rack up some wins against younger, more inexperienced and less skilled fighters, especially since that may decrease my manager hype, which is already suffering because I've just stunk up the joint lately.