How NOT to get your ass kicked by the police

Kanis

Slavery was not the same historically, those slaves were treated as friends, basically had rights and were cared about. Thats why they regretted when they did it, Ghana is giving citizenship and land to african americans because of this.

http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

http://i2.wp.com/topconservativenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/first_slave.jpg?resize=506%2C506

http://conservative-headlines.com/2012/03/americas-first-slave-owner-was-a-black-man/

• Upvote 1

Latest FBI UCR online is 2013

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls

Black victims of white murderers (appears to include Hispanics) 189

White victims (appears to include Hispanics) of black murderers 409

There is absoulty no reason to post any facts here. They will not believe them anyway. All of them are some sort of white conspiracy or something on those lines.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Slavery was not the same historically, those slaves were treated as friends, basically had rights and were cared about. Thats why they regretted when they did it, Ghana is giving citizenship and land to african americans because of this.

Slavery existed in Africa, but it was not the same type of slavery that the Europeans introduced. The European form was called chattel slavery. A chattel slave is a piece of property, with no rights. Slavery within Africa was different. A slave might be enslaved in order to pay off a debt or pay for a crime. Slaves in Africa lost the protection of their family and their place in society through enslavement. But eventually they or their children might become part of their master’s family and become free. This was unlike chattel slavery, in which enslaved Africans were slaves for life, as were their children and grandchildren.

The treatment of slaves in Africa varied widely. Ottobah Cuguano, a former slave, remembered slaves as being ‘well fed … and treated well’. Olaudah Equiano, another former slave who wrote an account of his life, noted that slaves might even own slaves themselves. In larger states some slaves worked in government administration, and might become an important state or royal official with wide ranging powers. Other slaves in Africa might work within their master’s household as domestic servants or as agricultural labourers.

These slaves were still seen as human beings.

Funny, every other people KRAD named received reparations except blacks and Native Americans, however many people we "think" were native americans were "Black Seminoles(southern runaway slaves)" olmec and other indigenous black tribes. I dont care about receiving shit, the point is giving reparations is an admission of fault.

The use of Swastika symbols and flags are strictly prohibited by law in most areas whereas right here in america its still a state flag and can be seen almost daily.

But look at what just happened in Virginia, just after the SC shooting. Another guy runs up to a church terrorizing and threatening to kill "niggers" but he was unable to get inside.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/virginia-man-menaces-black-church-charleston-shooting-article-1.2263534

The man called the worshippers “n-----s” and said, “I’m gonna kill all you and all you are gonna get killed tonight” and “You’re taking over,” church members said.

I hate racism, doesnt matter what race is doing it to what. Nobody reading these threads except maybe Nuke who hasnt posted knows and sees the work i do in the community here. The point is everyone needs to hate racism and support human life preservation.

But of course, theres no race problem here at all. Our black experience is no different than anyone elses... Just be careful when you go to church

1. Little to no difference, purely semantics. Chattel slaves 'may' also become free. In practice this happened infrequently, and in African slavery the only real difference was they were often reconquered or otherwise traded back for other useful things, such as members of their own tribes or other useful chattel.

2. I am not sure reparations means what you think it means. JLP basically covered it, but to get even more anal about it: Palestine was not a reparation payment per se. And the reparations given by the Germans to Jews only extended to holocaust survivors, not to any old (Jewish) dude. The same goes for the Native Americans. To say they were given reparations is to say Indigenous Australians were given reparations by being given tiny allocations of land and some government benefits (including but not limited to - appalling infant mortality rates, life expentancies and death rates in custody). Reparations is not necessarily an admission of fault, usually it is a punishment inflicted by a victor onto a loser. Look at how that shit worked at Versailles. Point taken though.

3. 'Swastika' is a daily symbol for at least 1/3rd of the world, given it is a Buddhist symbol. Nazi'ism extended to tilting it 45 degrees to one side. However it still adorns temples, jewellery, flags, rugs, clothes, etc, all throughout the Sub-Continent and China.

4. You build strawmen. The ongoing debate has been around whether certain institutions are intrinsically racist but you've effectively hijacked it to 'African Americans got the worst shit ever'. Sticking to the 'racism is shit' argument is probably the best bet, I can get behind that 100% but it is the same kind of sweeping generalisations and intellectual laziness that tars all Police, for example, as being racist as it does with all African-Americans, for another example, being criminals.

All of that said, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. The day you stop having faith in people in general is the day you stop trying to improve the world you live in and the people around you - including yourself - and likely the day you either swing for a rope or suicide by cop. Keep fighting the good fight and fuck the individuals and interest groups who would turn us against each other for their own benefits.

http://www.docspopuli.org/articles/Fist_images/PSMfist.jpg

• Upvote 3

http://forum.huskermax.com/vbbs/images/smilies/facepalm.gif

http://i2.wp.com/topconservativenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/first_slave.jpg?resize=506%2C506

http://conservative-headlines.com/2012/03/americas-first-slave-owner-was-a-black-man/

There is absoulty no reason to post any facts here. They will not believe them anyway. All of them are some sort of white conspiracy or something on those lines.

But this meme you just posted is farce, everyone always wants to use this as if they studied, 30 years before that there were slaves in Jamestown. Casor was an INDENTURED SERVANT as Anthony Johnson initially was, which is totally different from a slave. You worked for freedom and didnt get whipped and beaten or fed the crapshoot of the pig. If i remember correctly Johnson bought Casor's indentured servitude contract but it was invalid and he found out later or some shit and was mad so he didnt want to let him go. Casor wasnt even under a life contract, he just happened to die shortly after he was released. Some other guy tried to buy him but was ordered to release him as well.

I can dig what you said KRAD, as i said before not all cops are racist and not all cops are for brutality(against all races). However all racism is bad. And yeah, fuck the fuckers who make us enemies for money

• Upvote 1

But this meme you just posted is farce, everyone always wants to use this as if they studied, 30 years before that there were slaves in Jamestown.

Well I was right? Right? I don't know where you get your information from but when I googled first slave owner in US nothing but that come up.

What happened in Jamestown was just a group of people captured other group of people. If you count that as slavery then first slavery probably happened when first people did arrive to that continent or even way before that but if we talk about legally owned slaves then first slave owner was a black man.

Totally different my ass, and you can go and ask the descendants of any blackbirded pacific islander about that.

If indentured servitude wasnt better (they usually didnt get killed and they got paid or freed) then going by your logic, Anthony Johnson HIMSELF was a slave because he was an indentured servant first.

So Detonator how could he be the first slaveowner if he himself was an indentured servant? (which you all are telling me is the same thing)

John Rolfe brought 20 slaves from the west indies in 1619... Anthony Johnson was not freed from servitude until 1635

• Upvote 1

1. Little to no difference, purely semantics. Chattel slaves 'may' also become free. In practice this happened infrequently, and in African slavery the only real difference was they were often reconquered or otherwise traded back for other useful things, such as members of their own tribes or other useful chattel.

2. I am not sure reparations means what you think it means. JLP basically covered it, but to get even more anal about it: Palestine was not a reparation payment per se. And the reparations given by the Germans to Jews only extended to holocaust survivors, not to any old (Jewish) dude. The same goes for the Native Americans. To say they were given reparations is to say Indigenous Australians were given reparations by being given tiny allocations of land and some government benefits (including but not limited to - appalling infant mortality rates, life expentancies and death rates in custody). Reparations is not necessarily an admission of fault, usually it is a punishment inflicted by a victor onto a loser. Look at how that shit worked at Versailles. Point taken though.

3. 'Swastika' is a daily symbol for at least 1/3rd of the world, given it is a Buddhist symbol. Nazi'ism extended to tilting it 45 degrees to one side. However it still adorns temples, jewellery, flags, rugs, clothes, etc, all throughout the Sub-Continent and China.

4. You build strawmen. The ongoing debate has been around whether certain institutions are intrinsically racist but you've effectively hijacked it to 'African Americans got the worst shit ever'. Sticking to the 'racism is shit' argument is probably the best bet, I can get behind that 100% but it is the same kind of sweeping generalisations and intellectual laziness that tars all Police, for example, as being racist as it does with all African-Americans, for another example, being criminals.

All of that said, don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. The day you stop having faith in people in general is the day you stop trying to improve the world you live in and the people around you - including yourself - and likely the day you either swing for a rope or suicide by cop. Keep fighting the good fight and fuck the individuals and interest groups who would turn us against each other for their own benefits.

http://www.docspopuli.org/articles/Fist_images/PSMfist.jpg

Killed it. + 1

I don't think one person here has generalized all police as being racists have they?

I think it was more geared to the difficulties they give black Americans and how that contributes to keeping black Americans down economically etc, and how when they do something wrong they are not held accountable (or when they are held accountable on the rarity, they serve very little time ala the Oscar Grant BART shooting).

At least thats what I was going for

If indentured servitude wasnt better (they usually didnt get killed and they got paid or freed) then going by your logic, Anthony Johnson HIMSELF was a slave because he was an indentured servant first.

Black slaves usually didnt get killed(murdered/executed by owner) either, why would you kill something that made money for you? Slaves that brought in extra income were often paid by their masters as well. Here is a page with links to sources describing wages paid to slaves for their work. Manumission happened by both will of deceased master and slaves purchasing their freedom from their owner with the money they earned.

On the other hand, indentured servants were not property and would eventually be released but there was no guarantee of anything approaching good treatment or living conditions. The first man from my Dad's side of the family arrived in the early 1700s from England as an indentured servant with two of his brothers and a cousin. According to family lore, one brother and the cousin died during the 5 year obligation both due to fever because of the primitive living conditions and poor diet. When the time for freedom came for the other two, the landowner wouldnt let them go and a court extended their servitude for two more years. They ran away and went over the Appalachians and settled first in Tennessee and later Kentucky.

I don't think one person here has generalized all police as being racists have they?

I think it was more geared to the difficulties they give black Americans and how that contributes to keeping black Americans down economically etc, and how when they do something wrong they are not held accountable (or when they are held accountable on the rarity, they serve very little time ala the Oscar Grant BART shooting).

At least thats what I was going for

But if you're only ever focusing on the betterment of the black race alone, that's only contributing to the problem further.

• Upvote 1

Just because one says #BlackLivesMatter does not mean other lives don't and they shouldn't make strides forward as well.

Just because one says free the whales it don't mean don't free the dolphins and manatee's too! (kind of crummy analogy but I thought it was funny)

Fuck the manatees.

You're against racism, not racism against blacks. Someone who's fighting for whales to get freed is probably an activist for all sealife to get freed. They're never gonna protest saying "Free the whales" and hope that happens while the dolphins and manatees get kept.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What I was saying before is that if you feel the only way to end black racism is to shine the light on it and expose it, then by only doing this with the black race and no others, than you're contributing to the problem.

How can anyone be racist after watching Rush Hour? haha. Chris Tucker is probably the funniest of all time in those films (and Friday).

• Upvote 1