Leaving a Contract.

Is there no mediation process that can be gone through?

no there isnt

to OP you can offer to give signing bonus back but doesnt mean they have to accept the offer -- why are you wanting out of the contract? you not getting fight offers or fair fight offers, dont have to say if you dont want but knowing why might help the process

Is there no mediation process that can be gone through?

There is, and like any mediation process it involves the parties involved. PM the org owner and explain your problems with the current contract.

Mediation suggests a willingness to come to a mutual agreeable conclusion to fix the situation, so you need to discuss the issues and suggest solutions.

If you are unable to come to an agreement, or the owner (or you!) are a dick and nothing is going to change then you just need to tough it out.

Keep in mind, at some stage someone agreed to those contractual terms. Caveat emptor.

Public humiliation.

This could do it but personally I'd just talk to the owner, up to this point I can say I've released every fighter that's asked me since I would rather keep good terms with as many people as possible and I like the roster to be as close to as many actual fighters accepting fights as possible - I have enough to deal with booking around guys that don't log in all the time so I don't care to have active fighters that just decline fights sitting on my roster with them.

You have to consider the problem from the org owners view too, for you it's a personal matter that's a big deal but for the org owner your fighter is 1 of 100+ and it's unlikely the owner knows it's a problem until you bring it up.

I have released every fighter asked of me, and it goes one of 3 ways:

1. Reasonable and polite - released and we remain on good terms for future business.

2. Ambivalent, no beef either way, I'll forget who you are within a day and we can deal together in the future.

3. You're a wanker - I release every single one of your fighters on my roll and I never worked with you, or for you, again. Wanker.

• Upvote 2

I have released every fighter asked of me, and it goes one of 3 ways:

1. Reasonable and polite - released and we remain on good terms for future business.

2. Ambivalent, no beef either way, I'll forget who you are within a day and we can deal together in the future.

3. You're a wanker - I release every single one of your fighters on my roll and I never worked with you, or for you, again. Wanker.

So don't be a "word removed for the family audience" and in general you should be okay.

• 2 weeks later...