BackYard Fight Club - The Official Smack Talk & Info Thread

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1420360511BYFCLogo1.1.jpg
Welcome to BackYard Fight Club - The Official Smack Talk & Info Thread

'BackYard Fight Club is a new organisation that committed to offering the best MMA experience in Sydney' 'We strive to create a fulfilling environment where fighters get fair matches and build reputations so we build an iconic organisation together.

We have already signed 60+ fighters and looking for more fighters to join. so far we have 155lbs, 205lbs, 265lbs and +265lbs divisions. looking to make more divisions.

- BBFC News will be posted here

- Preview and Reviews will be posted here

- If anyone wants to talk trash, talk trash here

- Any contracts or fight request can be also posted here

- Any problems, concerns or issues can come directly to me

I invite you all to come and look at BackYard Fight Club.

Thank you

Leslie Smith: for those who dont know me my name is Leslie Smith (102061) and I am the manager of the hot stallion, Where Yo Girl. The TRUE #1 ranked light weight at BYFC is battling for the title against a true warrior named Bung "Wrecktal" Popper (264534). Do you have anything you want to say Yo Girl?

Where Yo Girl: Where Yo Girl (262778) is going down in the history books as the first champion of BYFC! January 31, Mark this date on your calendar for we will lose a weak man by the name of Bung Popper.

He believes he has what it takes to stop a TRUE mixed martial artist as myself. I shall make an example out of him to set the story straight, I AM THE BEST FIGHTER IN THIS DIVISION. I AM THE FUTURE OF MMA TYCOON!

Bung will just be another tally for the win column. His credentials are weak! He is 2-1 against mediocre competition. Of the light weight division he fought weak ass Mark Davidson and the "oh so predictable" Marvin Bagler. I am a different level of competition. I am more skilled than Popper. I have better footwork than Popper. More importantly, i am more of a man than Popper. Bung Popper got some serious problems on his hands.

After winning the belt I will fight ANYONE for it on on Saturday February 14. I need a date for Valentine's Day and thought that taking someone else girl out would make for a night to remember.

Leslie Smith: Come watch this action packed fight on the most exciting card of the new year at Schooners Bar. BYFC 5:Battle for the Belts (826470), The future is now!

Well, I hear rumor there was some rancid smelling upstart here running their yapper about how great they are and sure enuff...its total comedy hour stuff.

While it may be true Im weak, Im smart and can think on my feet....You just STINK on your feet....However ur rancid smell cant affect me cause I pop "bungs" for a living and my nose is immune to ur armpits. look at the facts an u can see I knock people out...not stink them into weakness so I can edge out a decision....

On the off chance u do win the belt ur gonna need it as a tourniquet when I get thru with yah.

For the unwashed ignorant types I supply some clarification....but u will have to figure out WHICH description I I am named after....hmmmmm

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bung

(1) A kind of plug or cork designed to close a barrel, drum or keg.

(2) A slang abbreviation for "bunghole", meaning the anus--synonamous with asshole.

(3) verb, to mess up while doing something. Can also mean to have an accident.
(1) help me get the bung out so we can drink this wine.

(2) lick my bung, bitch!

(3) Tommy tried to fix his car, but he just bunged it up!
by Pymp November 01, 2003

Where Yo Girl:

First off Alex Harper, it looked like you got bullied so far in your mma career lol.

Bung Popper i don't give a shit what your dumb ass name mean. You think you can knock me out!? Lol just for that i might make you my first knockout victim for that. I might fixed that fucked up eye of yours in the process.

I was at your last fight against marvin bagler and you be honest i expected more from marvin bagler. He had an easy win against you but fumbled his opportunity. Maybe because he didnt want to fight me again.

I already see my next victim in the horzion. This is just a speed bump to the belt, not a real test.

Where Yo Girl:

First off Alex Harper, it looked like you got bullied so far in your mma career lol.

Bung Popper i don't give a shit what your dumb ass name mean. You think you can knock me out!? Lol just for that i might make you my first knockout victim for that. I might fixed that fucked up eye of yours in the process.

I was at your last fight against marvin bagler and you be honest i expected more from marvin bagler. He had an easy win against you but fumbled his opportunity. Maybe because he didnt want to fight me again.

I already see my next victim in the horzion. This is just a speed bump to the belt, not a real test.

DAMN....u scare me so bad my eye straightened out ! Much Thanks! After I knock u out I promise to help u straighten YOUR rolled up eyes...its only fair....

BackYard Fight Club News

BYFC 5: Battle of the belts is almost complete 16 days to go for the Event.

New Event BYFC 6: NEW BLOOD is Coming Soon any fight request can come to David Slade or Ikarus Fyre

Other News

I will like to introduce our new Writer '' Hoarse Whisperer '' he will be doing the previews and reviews for BYFC Events

(only the 5 main fights). He will also be doing the interviews for some fighters.

Thank you

Leslie Smith:

Hello everyone, As most may know I am the manager of "The Compton Killer" Where Yo Girl. I am here on behalf of my new endeavor, Intensity nutrition.

Not only is it becoming the fastest growing nutritional company to ever join mmatycoon, it is also now the offical supplement BYFC. I am glad to say we are also giving out sponsorships.

If you are interested just posted on this feed and i will shoot you a contract asap. Also you can pm me if you want quicker assistance.

As always, make sure you caught BYFC on January 31 to watch "The Lady Killer" Where Yo Girl, Become the first ever and youngest champion of BYFC.

• 2 weeks later...

BYFC 5: Battle for the Belts is an upcoming mixed martial arts event brought to you by: Backyard Fight Club, in conjunction with Intensity sports supplements, and the Backyard Brawlers alliance. This event is scheduled to take place on January 31, 2015 at Schooner's Bar & Arena in Sydney, Australia.

[Event Background]

This exciting mixed martial arts showcase will feature four championship fights including: Super-heavyweight, Heavyweight, Light-heavyweight, and Lightweight. Veteran fighters from across the globe will make the epic trek to the land down under to lay claim for their shot at championship gold.

With a new organization comes new opportunities and these twenty hungry men will fight to the last minute to prove they are the baddest man in the BackYard.

[Event Preview & Commentary]

[Main Event]

(Heavyweight Division) John Jackson (12-5) versus Mitar Miric (15-1)

(Preview) John Jackson is a freestyle fighter that effectively keeps the fight where he feels he is strongest using a combination of aggressive striking, dominant wrestling, and smothering ground and pound. He holds a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu but is more likely to stop you with strikes than with a submission. He started his career in the Quickfight Championship before being signed by the promotion where he would make a name for himself... Gamma: Contenders. This league was established to be a reputation building league where fighters could prepare themselves for a higher plane of competition. He would go 8-2 in the promotion, winning the majority of his fights via early stoppage. Jackson had a brief stint in the Prestige promotion, losing to Iti Ota via doctor stoppage twice in a row.

Mitar Miric is a Las Vegas based veteran that has only tasted the bitterness of defeat on one occasion; in his professional debut, he was paired up with another neophyte of the fighting game that out pointed him in the clinch. Since then, Miric has won fifteen straight fights, only once seeing the judges in action. While fighting for Death Squad MMA, Miric won eight consecutive fights via knockout, with the majority of those ending inside the first round. To put a finer point on his progress as a fighter, Miric won his final Death Squad fight via first round submission. Back in September, Miric signed on to the Rio Fighting Championship. In his promotonal debut, he knocked out Derek Lynch to claim the inaugural heavyweight championship. He would go on to successfully defend his championship title four times before signing with BYFC.

[A closer look]

(John Jackson)

Nickname: (The) Gentleman

Height: 6'4

Walking Weight: 289 lbs

Record: 12-5

Knockouts: 5

Submissions: 5

Style: Freestyle

Accolades: Fight of the Night, Knockout of the Night

(Mitar Miric)

Nickname: Micko

Height: 6'6

Walking Weight: 258 lbs

Record: 15-1

Knockouts: 13

Submissions: 1

Style: Boxing

Accolades: Fight of the Night (x2), Submission of the Night, Knockout of the Night (x5)

[Co-Main Event]

(Heavyweight Division, Championship bout) Idi Ota (25-10) versus Matt Byrne (4-1)

(Preview) Idi Ota began his career fighting in a regional QFC tournament. He had very little prior training, having only trained a little Muay Thai going into this contest. Ota was defeated in the secon round of the tournament, losing a lopsided unanimous decision to a quick boxer. Ota competed three more times in the regional QFC shows, compiling a pro-record of 3-2 in the process. He then signed with the Los Angeles Cage Blaze Championship, or LACBC for those writers that don't want to type that long name over an over. He quickly dispatched his debut opponent with a first round knockout.

Idi Ota then made the decision to compete in the LA Blaze K-1 Kickboxing league, winning four of his seven fights. He then retired from professional kickboxing and, it seemed, that his career was winding down. He took a fight in the LA QFC League, losing via knockout in 19 seconds. For the first time in his career, Ota had suffered a pure concussive knockout loss- and he had lost two in a row, a new low for the slugger.

Idi Ota signed with Hilo Fight League, losing his debut via first round submission to Grap Dummy. Idi Ota was offered a rematch with Dummy, in order to claim the vacant super-heavyweight championship. Ota gladly accepted the shot and was promptly submitted in the first round again. Having now suffered three consecutive losses in a row, Ota decided that it was time to take a break from professional combat. Pundits may have written his obituary for him, but Idi Ota used his free time to the fullest: he trained like a madman to overcome his weaknesses. When Ota returned to Hilo Fights two (real life) months later, he looked like an absolute savage. He knocked out two consecutive opponents and then took his leave of the company, opting instead to fight for Prestige Sydney.

If you looked at Ota's career pre-Prestige, you would write him off as another jobber. A stepping stone to be disregarded. Nine consecutive opponents fell before the professional fury of Idi Ota- seven of them within the first round. Ota then faced the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world, Constantine Titanus, a then two-time world champion (three time, as of this writing). Ota would fall in the first round against the elite striker but the important thing to remember is that Ota faced a fighter in the elite category of competitor. Idi Ota competed on the world stage and, while he saw defeat there, he put his name in the mix for best in the world.

Following the loss, Ota has won six consecutive fights via stoppage.

If Raymond Blake is the darkhorse of his division, Matt Byrne is the epitome of optimistic underdog in this clash of heavyweight sluggers. Matt Byrne has a hard head, hard fists, and a hard fight ahead of him. With just five fights on his resume, Byrne is a monumental underdog in terms of fighting experience. He competed exclusively under the Hostility fight banners- he lost his debut fight but knocked out his next three opponents. Since signing up to fight in the Backyard, Byrne has knocked out Jansen Grey to secure his shot at the inagural world title.

Matt Byrne has never been stopped, never been rocked, and has never been cut or bruised. He has absolute finishing power and supreme confidence in his ability to overcome this colossal task.

[A closer look]

(Idi Ota)

Nickname : N/A

Height : 6'

Walking Weight: 287 lb s

Record: 25-10

Knockouts: 22

Submissions: 0

Style: Muay Thai

Accolades: Fight of the Night, Knockout of the Night (x3)

(Matt Byrne)

Nickname : 4-1

Height : 6'7

Walking Weight: 240 lb s

Record: 4-1

Knockouts: 4

Style: Muay Thai, Wrestling

Accolades: N/A

[under Card]

(Light-heavyweight Division) Robert Gracie (13-4) versus Raymond Blake (4-3)

(Preview) Robert Gracie has fought for a variety of MMA promotions; he made his debut going undefeated (3-0) in regional QFC shows. He signed with the now defunct Ultimate Hardcore Fighting and suffered his first career loss at the hands, or rather the feet, of “Eye Gouger”. Gracie then faced BYFC light-heavyweight championship hopeful Tateum Titain and defeated him via first round submission. Gracie then signed with Crucible fights, going 3-1 with the promotion.

Gracie then signed with the company that would get him the most exposure: Prestige Sydney. Gracie became known as an unstoppable force of nature, racking up six wins with only two defeats over the course of six (real life) months. Robert Gracie comes into this fight riding the crest of three first round submission victories, including a victory over Stan “D” Up's old nemesis, Kev Baylis. A victory in this fight could likely spell a shot at the title for Robert Gracie.

Raymond Blake has heard the hype surrounding Gracie, Titain, and Stan Up, but is none too impresse with this line-up of competitors. Raymond Blake is truly the dark horse of this grouping; he has no real name recognition, having never fought for or claimed a worl title, has really only quietly fought for a pair of companies, and even switched management teams not long ago. Raymond Blake is a Muay Thai stylist with a brown belt. He is a submission fighter with power in his hands. He has a chip on his shoulder going into this fight and would love to play spoiler, throwing a monkey wrench into the plans Robert Gracie is likely hatching.

(Light-heavyweight Division, Championship bout) Tateum Titain (9-8) versus Stan Up (5-2)

(Preview) Tateum Titain is a kickboxing stylist with cement in his gloves and iron in his chin. He has scored eight knockouts, many of which in the first round, two of which involved knee-to-the-face contact outside of the clinch. He started his career fighting for the Royal Combat Society before moving on to Ultimate Hardcore Fighting, and finally Crucible Fights: Sydney where he would spend the majority of his career. After a brief hiatus from the sport, Titain returned for a couple of QFC shows, scoring back-to-back first round knockouts. Titain then signed with BYFC and knocked out Brandon Stark in the third round. Stark felt that the fight could have gone differently and got his rematch- this time losing a unanimous decision to Titain.

Stan “D” Up is the former Wolf Flight League light-heavyweight champion. He earned this title in his third professional fight and lost it in his fourth. Despite having lost two fights in his professional career, both defeats came to the same man. He is undefeated against fighters not named Kev Baylis; he has toppled two consecutive foes since signing with BYFC.

[A closer look]

(Tateum Titain)

Nickname: The Smasher

Height: 6'4

Walking Weight: 220 lb s

Record: 9-8

Knockouts: 8

Style: Kickboxing

Accolades: Knockout of the Night (x2)

(Stan Up)

Nickname: D

Height: 6'1

Walking Weight: 210 lbs

Record: 5-2

Style: Boxing

Accolades: Fight of the Night, Knockout of the Night, Former Wolf FL Light-heavyweight Champion

(Super-heavyweight Division, Championship bout) Tom Eshton (7-5) versus Lee Noris (3-2)

(Preview) Tom Eshton spent the majority of his career fighting in regional QFC shows. He finally decided to settle down with one true company, signing with 'Banishment', riding a win streak comprised of three first round submission finishes. In his debut, Eshton submitted Rodrigo Souza in the first round. He was offered a shot at the Banishment super-heavyweight championship. He was defeated by veteran clinchfigher Tim Fala. Although Eshton would drop his next two fights, he returned with a vengeance upon being signed by BYFC. In his debut with this new promotion, he submitted Frederick Bowles in the first round.

Lee Noris made his professional debut with Royal Fighting Championship. Although he lost two of his first three fights, he will be coming into this fight riding a three fight win streak including two first round TKO stoppages. Noris is a clinchfighter first but also has excellent ground and pound as well.

[A closer look]

(Tom Eshton)

Nickname: The Bad Boy

Height : 6'6

Walking Weight: 300 lb s

Record: 7-5

Knockouts: 0

Submissions: 5

Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

Accolades: Submission of the Night

(Lee Noris)

Nickname: Karate

Height: 7'3

Walking Weight: 300 lbs

Record: 3-2

Knockouts: 2

Style: Clinchfighting, Ground n Pound

Accolades: Knockout of the Night

(Super-heavyweight Division) Shane McLain (4-0) versus Frederick Bowles (2-2)

(Preview) Shane McLain is an undefeated kid, just 19-years old, that fought his entire career in Helsinki under the Darkness Fighting Championship promotion. While there, he scored two consecutive Knockout of the Night bonuses and four first round knockout finishes. He has scored seven knockdowns, if you include the stoppages, and has never been taken down or threatened in any of his fights.

Frederick Bowles is one of the older men to be fighting at this show, coming in at 25-years old. He is a boxer, albeit not as decorated one as McLain. He also has a purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Despite his ground talents, Bowles is a brawler with power in his hands. If McLain isn't careful, he could find himself the victim of ironic circumstances because this is truly his fight to win.

(Light-heavyweight Division) Yuji Nagata (4-2) versus Alex James (3-2)

(Preview) Yuji Nagata is a Japanese freestyle fighter that fought all of his early fights under the New Extreme Era fight league. With this company, he fought in both Hilo, Hawaii and here in Syndey, Australia. He gained a reputation for being a tough, gritty, stubborn fighter with incredible knockout power. Despite his power, he is not truly a finisher; he would rather play it safe, wear on you, and break you for the long haul.

Alex James has the ability to stand toe-to-toe with opponents but his bread and butter is his Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. He has been stopped before but is proven to be durable through heavy abuse. His wrestling may be the deciding factor in this fight, if he can survive the pressure and damage of Yuji Nagata's hands.

(Lightweight Division, Championship bout) Where Yo Girl (2-0) versus Bung Popper (2-1)

(Preview) These two fighters share a common trait: their names make me uncomfortable. Where Yo Girl aka “Where the white women at?” for you Mel Brooks fans out there, is a Muay Thai stylist that is very aggressive on the feet and in the clinch. Both of his professional fights have been in the back yard with two consecutive decision victories. Where “Yo Girl” lacks in single punch stopping power, he more than compensates by being a very high volume pressure fighter.

Bung “Wrecktal” Popper (artistic integrity: defeated) is a power wrestler who has only seen victories in the BYFC arena. He made his professional debut in a regional backwoods QFC show, brutally smashing his Jiu-Jitsu enthusiast opponent with ground and pound before falling into a first round submission. Popper is reluctant to stand and trade strikes and has shown that he is willing to eat a few in order to get ahold of you and bring you to the ground. In this fight, he shouldn't have to worry about eating a strike on the way in, which should open up his takedown game.

[A closer look]

(Where Yo Girl)

Nickname: No Nickname Needed

Height: 5'7

Walking Weight: 155 lbs

Record: 2-0

Style: Muay Thai (Pressure Fighter)

Accolades : N/A

(Bung Popper)

Nickname: Wrecktal

Height: 5'6

Walking Weight: 155 lb s

Record: 2-1

Knockouts: 2

Style: Ground n Pound

(Heavyweight Division) Christopher Warren (3-2) versus John Long (2-0)

(Preview) Christopher Warren is making his promotional debut, having spent the entirety of his professional career fighting in unnamed QFC shows. Warren is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu brown belt that has very good submissions from the top position. Despite having been defeated twice, he has never been finished in five professional fights.

John Long is making his return to the Backyard in his search for the man that can challenge him. Long is an aggressive in-fighter that prefers to fight as a pugilist over all else; he has scored two knockdowns in two professional fights. In his debut, he knocked out his opponent in just five seconds. He followed it up with a two round pounding of Tony Stark in the Backyard.

Whoever wins this fight will be on a three fight winning streak so you have to imagine that both men will be watching the heavyweight title clash between Idi Ota and Matt Byrne very closely to see who they could be facing next.

(Middleweight Division) Eva Contonio (1-0) versus Minoru Suzuki (2-3)

(Preview) Eva Contonio made his professional fighting debut at A.M.W Sydney, knocking out his opponent just 11 seconds into the second round. He has proven himself a versatile young clinchfighter with heavy punches against the cage, and genuine one-punch knockout power. To top it all off, he recently obtained his blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and has been working on his wrestling as well; the sky is the limit for this kid.

Minoru Suzuki is a veteran of the New Era Extreme combat league, where he fought exclusively five times to mixed results. He has shown serious power in his strikes and is very well rounded; he can clinch, brawl, or take you to the ground. He has shown quick submission skills off of his back as well.

BYFC 5: Battle for the Belts was a mixed martial arts event brought to you by: Backyard Fight Club, in conjunction with Intensity sports supplements, and the Backyard Brawlers alliance. This event took place on January 31, 2015 at Schooner's Bar & Arena in Sydney, Australia.

[THE ACTION]

(Middleweight Division) Eva Contonio versus Minoru Suzuki

Round 1 – This round was dominated by Eva Contonio. He had the superior standup, was easily countering Suzuki's haymakers, and was stuffing every takedown attempt by Suzuki. Not four minutes in, Suzuki was breathing heavily and he still hadn't managed to put forward an effective offense.

Round 2 – More of the same from Eva Contonio, who was showing no signs of slowing. Suzuki did find moderate success with a couple of leg kicks. Those kicks were his biggest moves of the fight thus far. About a minute into the second round, Suzuki stopped punching and Contonio picked up the pace, sensing a finish was drawing near. Contonio rocked Suzuki with an overhand right from hell but failed to put him away. Suzuki showed some heart after that; he pushed forward, throwing wild strikes instead of wilting under the pressure of a vastly superior striker. Still, despite his efforts, Suzuki finds himself two rounds in the hole with Contonio riding a comfortable 20 point advantage going into the third.

Round 3 – Suzuki was showing the effects of Cotonio's leg kicks... but you wouldn't have believed it by his reaction to the injury: he pushed forward with head kicks, body kicks, straight punches. None of it was landing but, man, was he ever going for it. Contonio didn't like the sudden burst of aggression and opted to clinch instead. Why risk getting tagged by one of those bombs? Contonio dominated Suzuki in the clinch. It was more lopsided than their brawling earlier. Contonio hurt Suzuki with an uppercut and put him away with with a relentless barrage of strikes. Eva Contonio def. Minoru Susuzki via TKO (Strikes) at 1:53 of round 3.

Captain Hindsight: This was Eva Contonio's fight to win; he was superior in every category over Suzuki except one. You can't question the heart of Minoru Suzuki. I'd like to see Suzuki commit to nothing but training takedowns (or boxing) until he has a higher level in one primary skill. He has the heart to take a beating and keep pushing forward. That is rare in the Tycooniverse. Donald, don't waste this young scrapper with inferior training.

What's next for them:

Eva Contonio finds himself at the top of his young division. 185 needs viable contenders, so it's likely we will see him face the winner of Macbeth v Jenen sometime in mid-February.

Minoru Suzuki goes back to the drawing board. There are some very winnable fights at the bottom of the middleweight division and I would love to see Minoru build himself up while training up those skills.

(Heavyweight Division) Christopher Warren versus John Long

Round 1 – Christopher Warren was telegraphing takedowns like his name is Claude Chappe (read a book, people). Meanwhile, Long was getting inside of him with leg kicks and counter punches that cut and battered the grappler for all of fifty seconds. At just under a minute, Long put Warren down like a beat in the club. Christopher Warren was humble in defeat, saying, “Thank you to the fans. I'll be back better than ever!” But, apparently, he always says that on a loss. John Long def. Christopher Warren via KO (Punch) at 0:48 of round 1.

Captain Hindsight:

Since it is unlikely that Warren will suddenly gain a striking background, he needs to either be more aggressive with his takedown attempts, or work on his speed. I don't mean drugs, relax. He needs to get faster and work to counter his way inside. But, that's just my opinion. What do I know? I write about successful people for a living.

What's next for them:

It's hard for me to imagine Christopher Warren finding much success against anybody in the top five of his division but he could make a nice career as a gate keeper to the top five. There are still plenty of beatable foes ranked lower than him.

John Long needs to start thinking seriously about his next opponent and hope to god that it isn't Rusty Hofnaker. John matches up reasonably well with any of the other top five fighters.

(Lightweight Division, Championship bout) Where Yo Girl versus Bung Popper

Round 1 – Bung Popper came out to “Runnin with the Devil” by Van Halen so he immediately earned me as an emotional backer. Just stay away from my bung, Popper. Anyways. Immediately, I start to see where my cringing will come into effect as I read “Nice defenses there by Yo Girl.” Yo girl got nice defenses, mang. Yo Girl followed up that beautiful display of striking defense by immediately ducking into an uppercut, faceplant style. Where Yo Girl was getting the better of the standup so Bung Popper brought the fight into the clinch instead. From that position, Yo Girl was still firing off shots and Popper was torn between trying, and failing, to pull guard, and desperately trying to get himself out of the clinch scenario that he initiated. After about three-and-a-half minutes, Bung Popper decided that he didn't want to clinch anymore, so he circled away. Where Yo Girl decided he wanted to clinch some more and pushed Popper back against the cage. For the remainder of the round, Where Yo Girl peppered Popper with punches and knees, elbows and dirty looks, en route to his domination of the first round.

Round 2 – Bung Popper came out more aggressive in the second round, looking get a takedown with wreckless abandon. Yo Girl was having none of it; he clinched with Popper again. You could actually see the moment that Bung Popper sighed and rolled his eyes in frustration, as he was driven against the fence like that one Latino gentleman in Training Day. You know, where Danzel pops him in the Poppers with the butt of his pistol? Anyways, I digress; Popper managed to escape the clinch, only to get clinched again. At about 3:30 into the second round, Popper finally got that takedown he has been praying to the gods for. And he controlled his way to a standup. Although, he did go for a submission. The referee stood them up just in time for them to walk back to their corners anyways.

Round 3 – The first three minutes of this fight was reminiscent of a pure kickboxing match; both fighters were slugging it out, landing kicks and punches. As Yo Girl began to slow, Popper picked up the pace and started landing with more frequency. Three minutes in, Popper got the takedown and, off of a failed submission by Popper, Yo Girl reversed at the end of the round. Still, too little and far too late for Yo Girl who was absolutely dominated this round.

Round 4 – With Bung Popper likely ahead on the judge's scorecards, Where Yo Girl knew that he needed to bring out the big guns in this round... so he clinched with Popper. Popper was immediately put into a more defensive position, blocking shots and trying to work his way into a takedown of some kind. Three minutes in, like clockwork, Popper got his takedown and worked for three submissions. Although he didn't get the finish, he stole this round with his top control.

Round 5 – In the final round of this championship fight, Yo Girl picked up the pace early, meeting Popper blow-for-blow but clearly looking to clinch again. Bung Popper was landing with more frequency as the round dragged on; it was obvious that Yo Girl was exhausted long before it was over. The judges agreed with me here. In his post-fight speech, Bung Popper thanked Kemists supplement firm, which totally doesn't sell anabolic steroids. Bung Popper def. Where Yo Girl via Unanimous Decision (49-46, 49-46, 49-46) to become the NEW Undisputed BYFC Lightweight Champion of the World!

What's next for them:

Bung Popper showed that he is more than just a ground and pound wrestler. Despite having no effective standup skills, really, he out struck Yo Girl 14-6 in the standup, went relatively even with him in the clinch, and of course controlled him effectively on the ground. Bung “Wrecktal” Popper is the king of a competitive division but I don't see anybody in the top five that should pose a significant threat to him, on paper at least.

Where Yo Girl goes back to the drawing board. He needs to rethink his style a little bit. At 18-years old, he has plenty of time to figure out what he wants to do but he isn't a finisher. His style of in-fighting could be effective against other non-strikers but he needs to improve his striking to make that work for him. I think he could find some magic if he improved his overall clinching skill. He won't be knocking anyone out but he can surely break some fools in the clinch.

(Light-heavyweight Division) Yuji Nagata versus Alex James

Round 1 – Alex James scored the first takedown of the fight but it was Yuju Nagatathat was dominant on the ground. He was working for a sweep, was threatening with submissions, and stalled his way to a standup. Back on the feet, James did manage to land a nice jab, but he went right back into the guard of Yuji Nagata, sticking with that game plan. Nagata was working for a triangle choke and used the distraction to roll James over and get in his guard instead. Once on top, Nagata was pounding on James and passing the guard with relative ease. James got the takedowns but Nagata put in the work. I give it to the latter in this instance.

Round 2 – James again landed a decent jab but Yuji Nagata came alive, pushing forward. As James pushed forward with a hook, Nagata gave him a hadoken of an uppercut, blowing him out like a candle. Yuji Nagata def. Alex James via TKO (Strikes) at 0:27 of round 2.

What's next for them:

Nagata finds himself riding the coattails of two consecutive stoppages in BYFC. Yuji Nagata finds himself in the top five of his division with only monsters looming above him. If he worked on his takedown defense, I could see Nagata matching up with Robert Gracie fairly well.

Alex James has a long way to go before he finds himself knocking on the door of the top five. Despite having decent wrestling for his division, James has to improve his ground abilities if he wants to be competitive in this division. However, given the level of opponents he is ranked around, I see James smashing his next two opponents and then finding himself out gunned by one of the beasts from the top six.

(Super-Heavyweight Division) Shane McLain versus Frederick Bowles

Round 1 – Frederick Bowles was on the defensive from the opening bell. He easily avoided four consecutive shots, only to get taken by the fifth. That fifth shot was a left hook that hit Bowles so hard that he had those little cartoon blue jays circling over his head, chirping and shit. What the hell am I talking about? Shane thanked his fans for their support in yet another justifiable in-ring homicide. Shane McLain def. Frederick Bowles via TKO (Strikes) at 0:20 of round 1.

What's next for them:

McLain matches up with all of the top fighters of his division not named “Thunder Horse”. T.H. Is simply to skilled for this division, in my humble opinion. However, McLain is a clear top contender for Lee Noris and should be given the opportunity to mug Noris and try to take his belt.

Bowles goes to the back of the line. He has completed the four fights of his contract and may opt to re sign, or resign from the organization. Despite losing three of his four fights with the company, his defeats have all been against the top dogs.

(Super-Heavyweight Division, Championship bout) Tom Eshton versus Lee Noris

Round 1 – Speaking of Lee Noris, he made this fight look easy. I expected this fight to at least be competitive but Lee Noris son'd me properly. He brought Eshton on a merry little journey down “getting wrecked in the clinch” lane. Seconds in, Eshton was obviously hurt from those shots to the body, and Noris just wouldn't let him recover. Noris sat Eshton down with an uppercut and finished him with another uppercut. I guess that's what you get when they genetically create the gay love child of Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee. He has his father's eyes. And his father's beard. And his father's... names. I need to stop. Lee Noris def. Tom Eshton via TKO (Strikes) at 1:57 of round 1 to become the NEW Undisputed BYFC Super-heavyweight Champion of the World!

What's next for them:

I believe that Lee Noris has a very intimate date impending with Shane McLain. McLain has that pre-Fedor Brett Rogers aura where you know he will rush forward the second the referee says fight, and you know that McLain will be swinging bombs. What I don't like is that McLain tends to miss a lot of his wild haymakers. I believe that Lee Noris gets inside of those bombs and clinches, bringing McLain to a world of ohmygodwhydoIdothisforalivingIshouldhavebeenaveterinarian.

Tom Eshton is still a tough and impressive contender. He has challenged for two world titles. However, at 28, his best years are definitely behind him. I see him taking on sort of a gatekeeper role in this division, weeding out the guys not suited for the top five. Trust me, if you don't like what you're seeing manning the gates, you WON'T like what you find beyond them.

Oh and Captain Hindsight: Why do so many people make fighters incapable of clinchwork? Oh well. If it wasn't for these guys, I wouldn't have so many victories on my record.

(Light-Heavyweight Division, Championship bout) Tateum Titain versus Stan Up

Round 1 – This fight was a throwback to Anderson Silva versus Forrest Griffin. Stan “D” Up was throwing bombs, throwing aggressive, swinging for the fences from the getgo. Meanwhile, Titain was using his head movement and effective footwork to dance and jive around, avoiding all damage, and occasionally smacking Stan with counters that you'd think would make him back that “D” up. It didn't. As soon as Stan Up started to slow down, Titain picked his pace up, battering Stan with shots that rocked and socked him, until he was unconscious on the canvas, wondering where it all went wrong. Titain was nice enough to thank INTENSITY RIO's BEST, aka the event sponsor, aka the people that didn't have a gun to his family's head with clear instructions of what to say. Aaaaanyways. Tateum Titain def. Stan Up via KO (Strikes) at 1:16 of round 1 to become the NEW Undisputed BYFC Light-heavyweight Champion of the World!

What's next for them:

Tateum Titain retires with the belt and moves to Sweden to open up a flea circus. Or, you know, continues along his five fight winning streak with title defenses against Mike Nickels, Raymond Blake, and Yuji Nagata, if all things go according to his plan.

As for Stan “D” Up, he needs to pick up and keep on chugging. Despite having three career losses, they are to two men only. He is still a tough S.O.B and will continue to bring it. I'm curious how he would fare against Alex James myself but, again, I just write about successful people. I don't sign the paychecks, I just forge them.

(Light-Heavyweight Division) Robert Gracie versus Raymond Blake

Round 1 – Raymond Blake got the takedown early and did an effective job at smothering Gracie against the cage. Rob Gracie mostly resorted to the age-old strategy known as “submission spamming”, wherein one fighter repeatedly ignores the adage of “position before submission” and just goes for it, over and over, until he finishes or becomes an exhausted pile of disappointment. Blake maintained his positioning, snuffed out the submission attempts, and controlled for the duration of the round. I could see our “Smarter Than a 5th Grader” reject judges going either way with this round but I personally gave it to Blake.

Round 2 – Raymond Blake brought it to Robert Gracie early here, smacking Gracie around with punches and kicks before clinching with the man. He clinched, controlled for a minute, broke the clinch, and clinched again. I'm not sure what the strategy there is but the second clinch of the fight led to Blake controlling Gracie for another few seconds before breaking yet again. It became imminently clear that Robert Gracie had absolutely nothing for Raymond Blake on the feet; Blake was battering Gracie with straight punches, combinations, kicks. The fight made it to just under the four minute mark of the second round before Gracie became overwhelmed with the aggressive pace that Blake was pushing on him. Raymond Blake def. Robert Gracie via TKO (Strikes) at 3:23 of round 2.

What's next for them:

Despite being the clear cut superior fighter in this particular instance, Raymond Blake is, regrettably, idle. He may return and claim the glory that he has earned, but there is no way to know for sure. Robert Gracie is the highest hyped fighter in the division but he just got shut down by Blake. I'd like to see Blake come back to the game and get his shot at the title, and Gracie get another win under his belt so he can contribute that hype to a title fight. He is still a very dangerous man.

Unfortunately for both of these guys, Mike Nickels or Yuji Nagata will likely get the next shot. Oh well.

[CO-MAIN EVENT]

(Heavyweight Division, Championship bout) Idi Ota versus Matt Byrne

I have written at length about the significance of this fight. Idi Ota has lived out a storied career with ups-and-downs not unlike former #1 fighter in the world Jin Sen. Despite crushing defeats, he has found himself riding an enormous winning streak dashed with violent finishes. He is truly a new man.

Meanwhile, Matt Byrne is the dark horse. With only five professional fights, it would be easy to overlook Byrne. However, he has a very impressive resume in his short career. Despite an initial setback, Byrne has finished four consecutive opponents and has never found himself in trouble. This fight will be a slugfest that you don't want to miss.

Round 1 – Right off the bat, Ota looked to clinch. He obviously did not want to stand and test the merit of his chin against the younger slugger here. Byrne missed with a head kick attempt and found himself pressed up against the cage by Ota. Idi Ota landed some decent shots early in the clinch but Byrne was right there, firing back, making Ota think. Matt Byrne surprised us all when he pulled guard, of all things. He immediately worked for a triangle choke but Ota was having none of that shit. It seemed that Byrne's plan was coming unraveled as Ota easily controlled from the top position. Halfway through the round, Matt Byrne reversed and found himself in full guard on top of Ota. After spending another minute or so on the ground, the referee answered the calls of the fans and stood the fighters back up. The remainder of the round, it seemed that Byrne was just back pedaling and looking to counter but finding no openins. Ota mostly tried, fruitlessly, to clinch. So far, this fight was going for Byrne although neither man had done a lot of damage so far.

Round 2 – Ota kept pressing forward in this round, trying to clinch, doing his best Return of the Mummy impression. Hands out, mouth hanging open, moaning “Cliiiiiiinch!” Or is that a zombie? Either way, it wasn't working out well for Ota. He was throwing no strikes by this point and Byrne was picking his shots, landing combinations and straight punches. About a minute in, a bloodied Idi Ota managed to clinch and found himself in the only element of the fight that was ALMOST even. Both men were landing blows against the cage but Byrne was clearly getting the better of the former Prestige top contender. After just over three minutse in the clinch, Byrne separated again. Ota started trying to land shots, and then went right back to the slow and shuffling zombie routine. “Cliiiiinch!” Byrne landed a straight right that put Ota down and Byrne jumped into his guard, looking to finish with an armbar that cost him the position. Still, another clear round for Matt Byrne.

Round 3 – More of the same from these two. Idi Ota walking forward like he was dragging a Buick behind him, and Byrne tagging him with shots whenever the opening came around. Two minutes in, Ota clinched. He tried, and failed, to land knees, and Byrne pulled guard again. Byrne tried a submission, came up empty. He tried another submission, nothing. Nada. Ota tried to stand and fell right into a triangle choke out of nowhere that forced the tap. Matt Byrne def. Idi Ota via Submission (Triangle) at 4:59 of round 3 to become the NEW Undisputed BYFC Heavyweight Champion of the World!

Captain Hindsight: Maybe going 100% try to clinch, never throw any strikes, let's just hope this shit works out for me... maybe that wasn't the best strategy. That wasn't the best showing from Idi Ota who now finds himself tasting defeat for the first time since June of last year.

However, it isn't that Ota is that bad; rather, it's that Matt Byrne is just that good. Byrne is a tough sumbitch- he's gonna have to be with challengers such as Rusty Hofnaker and John Long eyeing his position.

What's next for them:

Matt Byrne will likely face one of the aforementioned contenders in a very close match. The easier of the two opponents is clearly John Long- and that isn't to say that John Long isn't any good. Long is only 20 and is just a young thing. Rusty Hofnaker is 28 with only four fights- meaning he is somebody's project fighter that has been sitting on the shelf since fucking 2013 training his ass off.

For Ota it's time to rethink his strategy. He could still come back and win the title from Byrne in a rematch but he will need a better strategy if he really wants it.

[MAIN EVENT]

(Heavyweight Division) John Jackson versus Mitar Miric

Mitar Miric seems to have stopped in for a one-fight deal to headline this event. He will be taking on former Prestiege contender and nemesis of Idi Ota, John Jackson. This fight promises to be an outright slobber knocker.

Round 1 – Right away Miric cut Jackson with punches. Jackson was striking very aggressively with Miric, trying to land anything he could find. For his part, Mitar Miric was pushing forward, avoiding damage, and landing counters. One such counter sent Jackson toppling like someone yelled “JENGA!” Jackson showed some heart; he got back to his feet and took Miric down, landing in his guard. I liked Jackson's chances far better on the ground and he proved me correct... until he slowed down, stalled, and got stood back up. Back on the feet, Jackson landed some punches and busted Miric up! Miric pushed forward with straight punches, bloodying Jackson worse, and dropping him with another right hand. Jackson got right back up, likely envisioning another quick takedown, but was stuffed. He ate another right hand for his troubles, putting him back on the floor. Jackson got back up, bleeding profusely now, and tried for another takedown. Miric clinched with him, pressing him against the cage, and controlling him before rocking him with the only punch that landed from this position. Still, a bleeding and badly battered John Jackson survived the round.

Round 2 – Mitar Miric immediately clinched with Jackson in a strategy that I don't necessarily agree with. He worked Jackson over with short punches from this position, really opening Jackson's cuts. Jackson was just trying to hold on with four minutes left in the round. Jackson finally managed to get a trip takedown into the guard of Miric. I'm sure he thought the tables were about to turn... well, they did, sort of. Mitar Miric immediately reversed the position, landing himself in half guard on top of a discouraged Jackson. John Jackson went for a half-hearted Kimura from the bottom but found himself mounted before the round ended. Mitar controlled for the remainder of the round, content to pace himself here.

Round 3 – Miric clinched immediately and Jackson responded how we knew he would by this point: he immediately started going for takedown after takedown-- and he got one, finally. Jackson was trying for ground and pound from guard but Miric was able to control his wrists. Miric reversed and got himself into side control. Miric was trying to slip to mount again but was content to just lay and control. The referee rolled his eyes and stood the two fighters up and Mitar pushed forward with wild combinations. As the two fighters stood staring at each other, neither attempting anything, the fans booed as the last of the excitement poured from the room. Many a fan wished they were watching that god awful Big Bang Theory show probably. Miric tagged Jackson a few more times, clinched, and the two men hugged and breathed heavily a la Tank Abbot and Scott Ferrozzo in someone's back yard. The round ended. Mitar Miric talked himself up to the fans. Mitar Miric def. John Jackson via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

Captain Hindsight: Never predict that a fight is going to be a slugfest. Never, ever, ever make that prediction again.

What's next for them:

John Jackson needed this victory badly. He is on a three fight losing streak now, with six consecutive wins before that. However, he is a very high profile fighter. A Christopher Warren or John Perry could be interesting, although Perry might be a little outmatched in this instance.

As for Mr. Mitar Miric, he may be heading back to the green pastures of Rio Fighting Championships where he holds a world title.

[After Action Report]

Backyard Fight Club Records (As of 1/31/15)

Most Fights in Org: Frederick Bowles (4)

Most Victories in Org: Bung Popper (3), Lee Noris (3), Tateum Titain (3)

Most (T)KO victories: Lee Noris (3)

Most SUB victories: Jonny Perry (2)

Top of the Class

The following fighters have reached a point of local recognition across Australia:

Justin Lewis (265+ lbs) (#4)

Lee Noris (265+ lbs) (#6)

Thunder Horse (265+ lbs) (#10)

Active Winning Streaks (3 or more)

Lee Noris (3)

Tateum Titain (3)

Bung “Wrecktal” Popper (3)

Reigning Champions

Lightweight (155 lbs)

Bung “Wrecktal” Popper – Reigning Champion, No Defenses

Middleweight (185 lbs)

TBD

Light-heavyweight (205 lbs)

Tateum “The Smasher” Titain – Reigning Champion, No Defenses

Heavyweight (265 lbs)

Matt Byrne – Reigning Champion, No Defenses

Super-heavyweight – 265+ lbs

Lee Noris – Reigning Champion, No Defenses

Disclaimer: Virtually everything that is written in this post is subject to the whims and opinions of Mr. Hoarse Whisperer. The contents of these event write-ups are NOT necessarily the opinions of Backyard Fight Club, Intensity Supplements, or the Backyard Fighting Alliance. Predicted match-ups, training advice, and fight strategies are entirely the opinion of Hoarse Whisperer and are NOT representative of the views of the organization as a whole. Please treat them as such.

BYFC 6: New Blood is an upcoming mixed martial arts event brought to you by: Backyard Fight Club, in conjunction with Intensity sports supplements, and the Backyard Brawlers alliance. This event is scheduled to take place on February 5, 2015 at The Underground Arena in Sydney, Australia.

(Super-heavyweight Division) Justin Lewis (5-1) versus Druss The Legend (2-1)

(Preview) Justin Lewis started his career in Major League Fighting but really came into his own under the Royal Fighting Championship banners. Lewis has a very aggressive striking style, throwing head kicks o'plenty. He is currently riding a four fight winning streak with all four fights ending inside the first round in his favor. Druss The Legend made his professional debut in the QFC arena before signing with Backyard Fighting Championship. He is a kickboxing stylist that loves the fisticuffs. He pushes forward with leg kicks but he heavily favors punches.

(Heavyweight Division) Tetsuya Naito (0-0) versus Sure Kane (1-1)

(Preview) Tetsuya Naito is making his professional mixed martial arts debut. On paper, he appears to be a boxing stylist but it's impossible to know for sure. Sure Kane has fought two times with mixed results. He is a freestyle fighter that will try everything in the fight. If he could bring the kitchen sink into the cage, I'm sure he would hit Naito with that, too.

(Light-heavyweight Division) Obama Bin Ladin (1-0) versus Samuel Johns (2-0)

(Preview) Obama Bin Ladin is making his promotional debut, having made his professional debut in the regional QFC arena. He is a kickboxer that is equally dangerous, if not more so, on the ground. He is aggressive on the feet, aggressive on the ground. Samuel Johns is returning to the BYFC cage for the second time. He is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu purple belt with a pretty singular style of attack. He wants to take your arm home or choke you unconscious.

(Middleweight Division) Joshua Askreno (1-0) versus Alan Bourdillion (0-1)

(Preview) Joshua Askreno was originally slated to fight Matt Dickinson at A.M.W Sydney but after Matt pulled a Dickinson move, failing to make weight, that fight was cancelled. Askreno instead made his fighting debut at BYFC 4.1, knocking out Alan Bourdillion in just two-and-a-half minutes. Askreno is a wrestler that uses ground and pound to smash opponents. For his part, Bourdillion thinks that he can do better. This rematch will give him the opportunity to avenge his first career loss.

(Middleweight Division) Brian McJensen (0-0) versus Captain Obvious (0-0)

(Preview) Both of these men are making their professional fighting debut here. McJensen is reportedly a high level striker with, at best, a very limited ground game. Meanwhile, Captain Obvious is a “well rounded” fighter with virtually no grappling skills.

(Super-heavyweight Division) Alex Harper (0-2) versus Claude Vamp (1-1)

(Preview) Alex Harper is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu blue belt who, despite having decent standing skills, focuses entirely on his ground game; much to his own peril. He has fought twice and on both occasions, he has been submitted in the very first round. However, he is now facing a man with even less of a ground game than he has: Cluade Vamp. Mr. Vamp has only fought for BYFC. In his two outings he has won a very one-sided unanimous decision against (insert name here) and been knocked out by our own Frederick Bowles.

(Light-heavyweight Division) Roan Stafford (2-0) versus John Reese (1-1)

(Preview) Roan Stafford is another pure striking stylist who, at 25-years old, has developed no ground game to speak of. Despite this, he has scored back-to-back knockout victories while fighting for the KNIGHTS OF THE CAGE promotion. John Reese has only fought for BYFC in his short career. He is a boxer with a limited defensive wrestling game to support him. Unlike his opponent, John Reese loves to fight up close, along the cage.

(Light-heavyweight Division) Larry Monthan (2-2-1) versus Bernardo Fagundes (3-0)

(Preview) “Lethal” Larry Monthan is a kickboxer and a Jiu-Jitsu fighter. He fought primarily in regional QFC shows, with a one-off fight in the A.M.W Sydney, before being signed by BYFC. Bernardo Fagundes is a boxer and a dirty boxer. He loves to throw punches whether it's at a distance or in the clinch. He has won all three of his professional fights via TKO.

(Heavyweight Division) Tobias Clint (2-0) versus Tyson Forbes (1-0)

(Preview) Tobias Clint is a pure Jiu-Jitsu stylist with a slowly improving standup game to compliment his style. Despite his growing boxing skills, he is most dangerous when laying in the top position, raining down bombs and working to set up a submission. He has lightning quick hands and thunder in his gloves, so he is the last guy you want working ground and pound on top of you.

Tyson Forbes is a clinch enthusiast. He loves that dirty boxing style and used it effectively in his pro debut to wear on his opponent in order to set up the knockout. This will be Forbes' promotional debut as his lone fight took place in the QFC circuit.

[A closer look]

(Tobias Clint)

Nickname : Flintlock

Height : 6'0

Walking Weight: 255 lb s

Record: 2-0

Knockouts: 1

Submissions: 1

(Tyson Forbes)

Nickname: The Panther

Height: 6'1

Walking Weight: 260 lb s

Record: 1-0

Knockouts: 1

Style: Muay Thai

(Middleweight Division, Championship bout) Brian Jenen (8-12) versus Brody Macbeth (4-1)

(Preview) Brian Jenen is a veteran of twenty fights, with the majority of them taking place in the oddly named Troid promotion. Jenen is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu brown belt who, in eight victories, has submitted seven of his opponents.

Brody Macbeth is a veteran of only five professional fights, having fought solely for the Fortitude FC promotion in his career. He started his career as a welterweight, stopping two opponents in one month. His next fight took place at heavyweight against Xavier Barbossa- a fight that he won via third round TKO. In his next fight, he challenged the super-heavyweight champion and was defeated via TKO in the first round. His final fight with Fortitude FC was a grudge (re)match with Xavier Barbossa. Despite getting rocked early by Barbossa, Macbeth would come back to win via third round TKO. Brody Macbeth is a clinchfighter and a boxer.

[A closer look]

(Brian Jenen)

Nickname : The Captain

Height : 6'0

Walking Weight: 185 lb s

Record: 8-12

Submissions: 7

(Brody Macbeth)

Nickname : N/A

Height : 5'7

Walking Weight: 180 lb s

Record: 4-1

Style: Boxing, Clinchfighting

Accolades: Fight of the Night, Knockout of the Night(x2)

BYFC 6: New Blood a mixed martial arts event brought to you by: Backyard Fight Club, in conjunction with Intensity sports supplements, and the Backyard Brawlers alliance. This event took place on February 5, 2015 at The Underground Arena in Sydney, Australia.

[THE ACTION]

(Heavyweight Division) Tobias Clint versus Tyson Forbes

Round 1 – Tobias Clint started working the punches early, landing frequently, but Forbes would return fire with a vengenace whenever Clint left an opening. On one such occasion, Forbes hit Tobias with a three strike combination that put Clint on the defensive. Another time, Forbes connected with a monster head kick. Clint switched to body shots and within a couple of seconds, Forbes was breathing heavy, obviously hurt from the body shots. Clint dropped Forbes but Forbes somehow got right back to his feet. Clint landed another shot that put Forbes down and this time Clint landed in his guard, however briefly. Clint stood up and landed one more shot- a felling blow, that put Forbes out for the count. Tobias Clint def. Tyson Forbes via KO (Punch) at 1:31 of round 1.

What's next for them: Tobias Clint is sitting at the #6 position in his weight class with a bunch of monsters above him. If I were Clint, I would be taking my time before moving up, and trying to get a shot at a Jonny Perry. Use the extra time to improve his wrestling and boxing before diving into the shark tank. But that's just me. Clint has some serious power and seems to have a good chin but he is in a monster of a division.

As for Tyson Forbes, well, his skill set at 25 will do him no favors in professional combat. However, if this is the path he wants to continue down, most of the guys ranked below him would give him a pretty even fight.

(Heavyweight Division) Tetsuya Naito versus Sure Kane

Round 1 – Sure Kane found some success early in the clinch. He threw about 20 shots against the cage but only managed to lind 2. No big deal until you consider that the one time Naito really connected clean, he put Kane out for the count. Tetsuya Naito def. Sure Kane via KO (Punches) at 2:49 of round 1.

What's next for them: Tetsuya is just beginning to swim in a very deep pool. At 19, he can afford to take some time betweeen fights in order to get the most out of his training. As a rule, none of my boys under 20 are hugely active in competition for this reason.

Sure Kane is in the same boat. However, I'd like to see Kane take on a guy like Tyson Forbes when he feels he is ready. Kane could improve quite a bit before that meeting while Forbes would be who he is: a power puncher.

(Light-heavyweight Division) Obama Bin Ladin versus Samuel Johns

Round 1 – Ladin was landing crisp, clean, effective kicks early on. From leg kicks to head kicks, he was bringing it. Johns didn't like that so he went for a counter takedown. Ladin tried to hang on and stall but Johns advanced into side control and started that time honored tradition of submission spamming. After slowly degrading his position with each failure until he was back in full guard, Johns slowed the pace down. Ladin was more than happy to control him en route to a standup. As the round came to a close, I had no idea who was winning. Probably Bin Ladin. I hate myself for typing that.

Round 2 – This round was all Bin Ladin. God, that's never goin to get easier for me to type. Johns wanted that takedown very badly but didn't get it until about three minutes into the round- and even then, Ladin stalled him to a standup. This was a clear round for Obama. See? That's not any better. Can we get used to this? NO WE CAN'T.

Round 3 – Much like the second stanza, Obama controlled the majority of the round with an effective sprawl and brawl style. Johns did find a takedown at around the three minute mark, again, but was incapable of making it matter overall. Bin Ladin wins. Blech. That's a vomit sound. Obama Bin Ladin def. Samuel Johns via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

What's next for them: Obama Bin Ladin (who walked out to Taylor Swift because OF COURSE he did) finds himself in the top ten of his division where he will probably walk out to Selena Gomez next. Johns lines himself well with John Reese. The bonus for that pairing is that their similar names will make my write-ups a NIGHTMARE. Let's do it!

(Middleweight Division) Joshua Askreno versus Alan Bourdillion

Round 1 – Askreno clinched with Bourdillion the second he could reach him with his amrs and dominated this round. He absolutely hammered Bourdillion against the cage, no homo, and Bourdillion had no answer for his smothering style.

Round 2 – Bourdillion tried to avoid it, knew it was coming, but found himself clinched again. Askreno asked Bourdillion if he was hungry and then fed the confused brown belt an uppercut casserole. Bourdillion went down, got back up, only to get overwhelmed with a series of casseroles, I mean strikes, until the referee was forced to stop the fight. Joshua Askreno def. Alan Bourdillion via TKO (Strikes) at 0:26 of round 2.

What's next for them: Joshua Askreno retires to become a professional chef. Or, you know, joins the top of the pack at middleweight, which is composed heavily of clinch fighters. Bourdillion decides to become a vegetarian and tries to work on his standup.

(Middleweight Division) Brian McJensen versus Captain Obvious

The three round catch-and-release game, abridged: Rather that write about how Captain Obvious went for a takedown and then stood back up every second of each round, I'm going to just say that Captain Obvious scored 51 out of 52 god damned takedown attempts. This blows McJensen's two takedown attempts out of the water.

I like to imagine that the conversation went like this:

C.OB: You gotta stay relaxed. Do you go for takedowns?

MCJ: Do I do takedowns? Yeah.

C.OB: How many times per week?

MCJ: Like um... two, three or four times maybe.

C.OB: All right, pump those numbers up, those are rookie numbers in this racket. I myself, I go for takedowns at least... twice per second.

MCJ: Wow.

Oh and Captain Obvious def. Brian McJensen via Unanimous Decision (30-24, 30-24, 30-24).

What's next for them: Captain Obvious becomes the Wolf on Wallstreet (incase you didn't get my reference) and McJensen is Jonah Hill.

(Super-heavyweight Division) Alex Harper versus Cluade Vamp

Round 1 – Vamp was dominating the standup until Harper clinched with him. The momentum immediately changed and, as Harper poured on the strikes, Vamp seemed to wilt. Harper cleaned up shop with a left hand that put Vamp out like the count. Vampire reference here. Alex Harper def. Cluade Vamp via KO (Punch) at 0:46 of round 1.

What's next for them: Alex Harper finds himself sniffing around the #8 position, with hopes to bypass Thunder Horse on his climb to the summit. Vamp sinks to nearly last places on the roster but he has plenty of friends to beat the hell out of down there.

(Light-heavyweight Division) Roan Stafford versus John Reese

Round 1 – When John Reese started doing a clinch-and-release every second, I almost broke out my aging bottle of Jack Daniels. Luckily, Stafford started landing shots that backed Reese up and said “hey, knock that shit off!” until Stafford was able to put an exclamation point on it with a monster head kick that knocked Reese out cold. Roan Stafford def. John Reese via KO (Head Kick) at 0:37 of round 1.

What's next for them: We know that Roan is a power striker, but he can handle a guy with a ground game as well? I'm sure Yuji Agata would love to find out. As for Mr. Reese, he finds himself lined up nearly perfectly with Samuel Johns, from earlier on the card.

(Light-heavyweight Division) Larry Monthan versus Bernardo Fagundes

Round 1 – Larry Monthan versus the guy who has a last name that makes me uncomfortable. Despite Monthan being known as a heavy hitter, it was Bernardo Fagundes that drew first blood, when he dropped Larry with a combination out of the gate. A shaking and bloody Larry Monthan got back to his feet, looked his bully in the eyes and said, “DONT knock me out.” and Fagundes felt so bad for his bullying ways that he gave Monthan a takedown into halfguard. Despite a couple of submission attempts, Monthan was unable to capitalize on what basically amounted to cuddle time on the ground. After some clinch-and-release, with Fagundes basically playing the defensive game for the round, Larry Monthan walked away the clear winner. Of round one.

Round 2 – Bernardo Fagundes came out doing absolutely nothing for much of this round. It became apparent that Fagundes was looking for a counter takedown and was settling for nothing less. The problem is that Monthan was striking so accurately that he was leaving no openings. Fagundes clinched and Monthan pulled guard. And then stood up. Monthan pulled guard, reversed, and avoided the submission attempt of Fagundes. Larry Monthan won another round here.

Round 3 – After both fighters failed to do anything for a solid minute, Fagundes clinched with Monthan. The two exhausted fighters did almost literally nothing for the next minute until Monthan escaped the clinch. At about two minutes into the last round, Fagundes finally started striking with Monthan. Fagundes clinched, Monthan escaped, and a sloppy lsugfest followed for a minute. On paper, I'd give this one to Monthan but the three homeless people we paid to judge our event gave it to Fagundes. Congrats! Bernardo Fagundes def. Larry Monthan via Unanimous Decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28).

What's next for them: I don't have to do this for every fight, come on.

[CO-MAIN EVENT]

(Super-heavyweight Division) Justin Lewis versus Druss The Legend

Round 1 – Justin Lewis clinched early and started landing shots at will. Druss The Legend was helpless against the cage as Lewis picked up the pace and worked for the finish! At just over the one minute mark, the referee broke the clinch. Our two fighters reset in the middle and Lewis landed a huge head kick that knocked the aptly named “The Legend” out cold. Justin Lewis def. Druss The Legend via KO (Head Kick) at 1:27 of round 1.

What's next for them: Justin Lewis is now ranked at #2 in his division, higher than the #4 ranked defnding champion. Lewis effectively puts his name into the mix as a worthy challenger for Noris.

[MAIN EVENT]

(Middleweight Division, Championship bout) Brian Jenen versus Brody Macbeth

Round 1 – Early on, Jenen played the defensive game, avoiding the boxer's strikes. Macbeth clinched and Jenen started working for takedowns against the cage. Just about a minute in, he got his takedown! Jenen started working the ground and pound, trying to set up a submission of some kind, but Jenen was already breathing heavy. As Jenen slowed down the pace from the top position, the referee stood them up. Macbeth clinched and spent the next minute avoiding the takedowns of Jenen. Macbeth clinched again, and spent the remainder of the round working Jenen with short range punches.

Round 2 – Macbeth clinched early and found a permanent home for his body punches. Jenen worked hard for a takedown early but seemed to slow down tremendously about a minute in. Macbeth picked up the pace, smelling a finish, and overwhelmed Jenen with shots against the cage. Brody Macbeth def. Brian Jenen at 1:26 of round 2 to become the NEW Undisputed BYFC Middleweight Champion of the World!

[After Action Report]

Backyard Fight Club Records (As of 2/5/15)

Most Fights in Org: Frederick Bowles (4)

Most Victories in Org: Tobias Clint(3), Bung Popper (3), Lee Noris (3), Tateum Titain (3)

Most (T)KO victories: Lee Noris (3)

Most SUB victories: Jonny Perry (2)

Top of the Class

The following fighters have reached a point of local recognition across Australia:

Justin Lewis (265+ lbs) (#4) +2

Lee Noris (265+ lbs) (#6) -2

Thunder Horse (265+ lbs) (#8) +2

Active Winning Streaks (3 or more)

Tobias Clint (3)

Lee Noris (3)

Tateum Titain (3)

Bung “Wrecktal” Popper (3)

Reigning Champions

Lightweight (155 lbs)

Bung “Wrecktal” Popper – Reigning Champion, No Defenses

Middleweight (185 lbs)

Brody Macbeth – Reigning Champion, No Defenses

Light-heavyweight (205 lbs)

Tateum “The Smasher” Titain – Reigning Champion, No Defenses

Heavyweight (265 lbs)

Matt Byrne – Reigning Champion, No Defenses

Super-heavyweight – 265+ lbs

Lee Noris – Reigning Champion, No Defenses

Disclaimer: Virtually everything that is written in this post is subject to the whims and opinions of Mr. Hoarse Whisperer. The contents of these event write-ups are NOT necessarily the opinions of Backyard Fight Club, Intensity Supplements, or the Backyard Fighting Alliance. Predicted match-ups, training advice, and fight strategies are entirely the opinion of Hoarse Whisperer and are NOT representative of the views of the organization as a whole. Please treat them as such.

BYFC 7: LET THEM COME (Preview)

http://i.imgur.com/tEfPQWB.jpg

BYFC 7: Let Them Come

Valentine's Day Violence

PROLOGUE

This Valentine's Day, we wanted to do something special for the fans. We know that no man that wants to keep his woman is going to bring her to see an amazing, albeit unromantic fight card to mark the lover's holiday. So, to spice things up (and to appeal to those in the fruitless pursuit of female attention), we will be holding our Valentine's Day special on February 12.

The aptly named event, “Let Them Come” totally doesn't mean what I'm making it sound like it means right now. However, there's a little Freud in all of us (again, another slip worthy of Dr Freud), so the event name will stand.

In the main event, star crossed lovers Shogun Ken and Arapeta Ma Aka will meet for the first time since that fateful night fifteen years ago on the farm. You know which one I'm talking about. The bale of hay. The blue grass playing on the radio.

When that referee says “fight!”, these two bedsheet comrades will run at each other in slow-motion, with Tchaikovsky's Fantasy Overture playing harmoniously in the background. Their arms will be wide spread and the lustful smiles on their faces will be bountiful. Seconds before they embrace in a hug, both men will go “wtf am I doing?” and put up their dukes and fisticuffs will ensue. Which is better than the alternative.

Or something. Anyways, get that special lady in your life the right gift! Buy her a ticket to BYFC 7 and some of INTENSITY's newest supplement stock! Nothing says “Be mine forever” like sports supplements!

[MAIN EVENT]

(Lightweight Division) Shogun Ken (2-0) versus Arapeta Ma Aka (6-2)

Preview

Shogun Ken is a proven knockout artist with a pair of 25 second victories to prove it. Despite having only been tested in the QFC arena, he has never been remotely challenged in professional competition.

He will be facing the self-proclaimed “God of War”, a Jiu-Jitsu purple belt with four of his six victories coming by way of submission, the majority of which coming within the first round.

[CO-MAIN EVENT]

(Lightweight Division) Darragh McGuinness (1-1) versus Damon Newton (1-1)

Preview

Darragh McGuinness is a Muay Thai stylist that, after a single professional victory, signed up for the TWGC grappling championship with only a blue belt to support him. He was paired up with a collegiate wrestler and submitted in the first round of the tournament. Most recently, he was narrowly defeated by Where Yo Girl in his BYFC debut. Make no mistake though... he has been defeated, sure, but he is a dangerous striker.

His opponent, Damon Newton, is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu brown belt with a decent wrestling base to support him. In his professional debut, he literally defeated a nameless opponent. Literally. His opponent was named “Name Less”. He defeated Name Less inside the first round.

[MAIN CARD]

(Super-heavyweight Division) Marshal Van Black (0-2) versus Leroy Speed (4-1)

Preview

Marshal Van Black is a former collegiate wrestler that holds a blue belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. He is seeking his first professional win, having dropped his two prior fights coming into this match.

The Oddly named Leroy Speed already has a professional victory over Mr. Black and believes that history will repeat itself. Speed is a veteran of five pro fights with the majority coming in the QFC arena. Leroy Speed is a boxer and a wrestler, although his forte is definitely his hands.

(Light-heavyweight Division) Don Pepot (1-2) versus Frank Turner (2-0)

Preview

Don Pepot is a heavy handed brawler that has had a rough run of opponents. In his professional debut, he faced a very high level striker with a brown belt in Jiu-Jitsu, a veteran of 10 fights already. Pepot was narrowly outstruck by the gritty vet. Despite landing some hard shots, Pepot would be the one to go down. Pepot rebounded with a lightning quick stoppage of his next opponent. In his BYFC debut, Pepot would face, and inevitably lose to, the tough Yuji Nagata. This is a must win fight for Pepot who has one chance to prove his worth as a contender.

Frank Turner is a freestyle fighter who throws punches and kicks, lands takedowns, and favors the ground and pound style of attack. Turner is 2-0 in his brief career and has yet to be cut open, knocked down, or taken down.

(Lightweight Division) Jake FM (2-1) versus Henry Bach (1-1)

Preview

Jake FM is a freestylist with a blue belt in Jiu-Jitsu, some respectable Muay Thai skills, and a solid chin. He has competed twice in BYFC; his promotional debut was against his QFC debut opponent Vrot Krompot. He won that fight, again, only to get submitted by Anders Johnson.

Henry Bach is a grappler with a blue belt in Jiu-Jitsu. His style involves pressure, some kicks, and heavy takedown attempts. Despite his ground style, he has never gone for a submission or thrown a strike on the ground.

[PRELIMINARY CARD]

(Lightweight Division) Mark Davidson (1-1) versus Peter Lay (0-2)

Preview

Mark Davidson is a freestyle ground fighter with a blue belt. He has only competed within BYFC, with mixed results. In his debut, he was dominated by the aptly named Bung Popper. He would find a form of redemption in his next fight, when he grinded out Peter Lay.

And he will be facing Peter Lay again. Peter is another freestylist, also boasting a blue belt in Jiu-Jitsu. Lay has had stiff competition throughout his brief career; the QFC matched him up freight train Arapeta Ma Aka and BYFC gave him a resurgant Mark Davidson. This rematch is all about redemption for Lay.

(Light-heavyweight Division) Patricio Pereira (1-1) versus Kevin Garbutt (0-1)

Preview

Patricio Pereira is a Jiu-Jitsu purple belt with a side dish of good fashioned wrestling. Pereira won his professional debut, submitting his QFC opponent after a hard three round fight. In his BYFC debut, Pereira would be stopped by Frank Turner midway through their match.

Kevin Garbutt is a young wrestler with a Jiu-Jitsu blue belt. Garbutt is, for all intents and purposes, one of the best wrestlers on this fight card. He got caught early in his professional debut, getting knocked out in only 9 seconds. I'm curious to see what Garbutt can do in a lengthy war.

(Lightweight Division) Tank Babal (0-0) versus Phil Jijy (1-1)

Preview

Tank Babal is making his professional fighting debut in the BYFC cage. He is reportedly a Jiu-Jitsu blue belt, has some striking and some wrestling to support him. Time will tell if this biblically named fighter can live up to the credentials laid before him.

He has a stiff test in Phil Jijy. Jijy is a Muay Thai striker who is no slouch with his defensive wrestling. If Jijy can do to Babal what he did to Bach in his BYFC debut, this will be a very short and painful night at the office for Tank Babal.

(Heavyweight Division) Jason Dire (3-0) versus Jean Carlos Canela (0-1)

Preview

Jason Dire is, at his core, a powerhouse wrestler with a blue belt in Jiu-Jitsu. He lands thunderous ground and pound from the top position, passes guards like it's nothing, and isn't afraid to throw some shots on the feet to set up the wrestling.

He will be facing Jean Carlos Canela; JCC is a Muay Thai stylist with a Jiu-Jitsu blue belt and a solid chin. Canela took a pounding in his professional debut but survived every minute of it, begging for more. This kid's got some heart but that will do little for him if he can't keep Dire off of him.

(Light-heavyweight Division) Keith Werdum (0-2) versus Jason Montana (0-3)

Preview

Keith Werdum is a victim of two legal muggings. In his pro debut, he was knocked out in the third round in the parking lot QFC arena. He followed it up with a TKO defeat in BYFC.

Jason Montana has him beat: he was mugged THREE times professionally. Montana has twice faced fellow BYFC fighter Leroy Speed in the QFC arena. Apparently the QFC gods hate him.

• Upvote 1

Online Press Conference

"Phil Retty here; I represent Jason Dire, the undefeated heavyweight wrestler making his debut against Jean Carlos 'The Can' Canela and Henry Bach whom is facing off against the always dangerous Jake FM.

I'd like to start off by saying a fighter of Jason's quality is unfortunate to be stuck on the preliminary card, however, Jason is willing and ready to put on a show for the fans and work his way up the BYFC heavyweight rankings. He has been working hard at the gym, Finch Farm (Sydney), eating lean and clean, and is ready to begin his title run.

Henry Bach will be looking to shake off his last loss and look aggressively for the W. I can see Jake getting put to sleep in this fight, I think Henry has very capable hands. He has put so many training partners out over the past few weeks he has made a name for himself - Henry 'Lullaby' Bach.

Jason Dire and Henry Bach are both open to interviews, please contact me directly and we can get something arranged.

Thankyou."

[The commercial opens to a man walking through the jungle. SUDDENLY AN ANGRY ELEPHANT STOMPS INTO THE CLEARING, SNORTING ANGRILY AT THE MAN]

Man: Wait, do elephants even live in the jung-

[THE ELEPHANT CHARGES!]

[suddenly, a giant bottle of sports supplements leaps in front of the man, blocking the elephant and scaring it back into the woods!]

The world of prize fighting can be a jungle. Bulls. Bears. Danger at every turn. That's why we at INTENSITY RIO'S BEST sports supplements pride ourselves on being the best. Trained professionals to guide you through the non-steroidal wilderness. Intensity. Stability. Integrity. Pride.

[The man says "THANK YOU INTENSITY!" in an overly cheesy tone of voice. The man is left alone in the jungle asking when he will be paid for the commercial. He won't.]

http://www.mmatycoon.com/nutritionpublic.php?ncid=4539