SPI: Helsinki Smack Talk

Rain

Greg Coleman- Damn Blade, you looking like a man among boys in your division.

Blade Runner:

There are 1 or 2 I have my eyes on but the rest I see no reason to lose sleep over.

About to die to a lanky striker with better BJJ?

Once you're done tickling your boyfriends Knut Paulsen would like an appointment with you, Runner boy.

Countdown to SPI: Helsinki - 24

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1434025721spi%2024.png

Kaspar "Kompression" Kohler (4-2) vs. Daniel "The Lion" Judah (3-0)

This is a very exciting matchup in our Middleweight division between the Former Middleweight Champion Kaspar Kohler and a quickly rising contender Daniel Judah. Both fighters have really wanted this match as this match can help either for Kohler to rejuvenate after his two losses or for Judah to move up the ladder by taking out former champion.
"I have lost two fights in row now, and I'm itching to make a comeback. I will put Judah to sleep with one of my chokes. I am a former champion, not a stepping stone for talents, and I will put myself back in title picture soon. I'm confident I can regain the championship soon." - says Kaspar Kohler.

"In my eyes, he got the title when the division was easy. The division was easy because there wasn't me around! His recent opponent exposed his vulnerability to knees, and I'll take advantage of that. He likes to hug, I like to smash. I see this fight as a step to being a #1 contender. If I win this, I'm almost guaranteed a title shot." - says Daniel Judah.

Kosta Gatsalov (4-0) vs. Alex Young (6-3)

An exciting heavyweight bout is the co-main event of the evening, as the heavy hitter Kosta Gatsalov fights a fellow KO artist and SPI: Helsinki veteran Alex Young.

"Rarely do we see a heavyweight that is fast and uses footwork as well as Kosta Gatsalov does. There are heavyweights that are throwing hands and have power that call themselves boxers - Kosta puts them to shame when he starts showing them real boxing by creating angles and setting up big shots that land flush. Some of his opponents even seem not to understand what's happening - they're just getting tagged and are unable to connect cleanly with Gatsalov. Undeniable talent." - says our commentator John.

"Alex has been with us for a long time, he has had 8 fights in the octagon. I see him as a hardworking guy with nice athletic abilities. In my eyes, he has been a hypnotising guys before his fights - his record didn't seem nice, and usually he was in the shadow of other heavyweights. It's a very stacked division... This is when opponents underestimate him and get hard punishment served - Alex has 2 Head Kick KO wins in our organisation, and that shows him as a crafty fighter as you rarely see 265 pound men trading head kicks. Also, another difference between Alex and a generic heavyweight is that his cardio is excellent. In his latest fights he put his opponents through misery for 3 rounds, and then knocked them out. This shows a great skill level since he's not just counting on his power as a generic heavyweight does, he is tactically waiting till his opponent is weak and tired, and then goes for a hunt. This kid might go far" - SPI: Helsinki President Rain Thunder.

Mohammad Babak (8-2) © vs Irbek Alborov (3-1)

Ladies and gentleman, this bout is scheduled for 5 rounds, with the World Middleweight Championship at stake!! Two time Middleweight champion Mohammad Babak takes on a very hungry challenger in Irbek Alborov.

"Alborov is just a phenom. I've never a 19 YO guy that could be so calm and deadly. He's like the hitman. He started his MMA career as a grappler, an achieved BJJ Brown Belt and then seriously stepped up his game and became a well rounded force at Middleweight. Even though he lost his debut fight, I was still thinking good of him: he has good management supporting him, elite level gym and that aura of a... killer. Nasty shit guys, I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley at 2am.. After he scored a TKO against Kostas Papantoniou in the first round, he got booked to fight against former champion Kaspar Kohler. Alborov was a big underdog in our eyes, but his eyes were telling otherwise...
(Kohler vs. Alborov, 2015-05-23)
"And another one! Alborov is opening up with strikes here, while Kohler is backing up. That's a bad way to defend against strikes, Kohler needs to circle out rather than just back up, he's a stationary target for Alborov right now... Alborov stringing punches again, and Kohler puts himself in a shell against the cage! OOOOH! Irbek quickly grabs his head and delivers a perfect knee to the chin! Kaspar Kohler is done, in just 28 seconds!"
And that just shocked the world. 28 seconds, and Kohler was falling on the canvas face first... Irbek Alborov is for real folks." - SPI commentator Josh.

The two time MW champion Mohammad Babak says he's confident in his approach and thinks that he will definetly retain the Middleweight belt.

"In my last fight, I have defeated Kiri Parata in the first round, a guy to knock him (Parata) out cold. I've been here longer than him, I'm more experienced and I have championship experience. I respect what he did to Kohler, that was a statement, but I ain't no Kohler - I'm a different kind of animal now, the kind of animal that has no brakes on the title defense train (laughs)." - says the champion.
  • Upvote 4

265 lbs fighter Alex Young has decided to sit down for an interview

Interviewer "Welcome Alex we are glad to have you here."

Alex Young "Yeah, yeah just get to the questions please"

Interviewer "Alright, lets go back a few fights to your fight against Alex Harper. You called him out, why?"

Alex Young "Well I had just won a fight and looked at who didn't have any fights yet, he was in the top 5 even though he didn't deserve to be. I saw it as an opportunity to fight a top 5 fighter and hopefully win. I thought it would be a great fight" *chuckles a bit*

Interviewer "Once you finally got a response from him he called you right out claiming he would take the easy payday for 10 seconds worth of work. How did you feel about that once you heard his response."

Alex Young "Oh I thought I was going to die laughing. My stomach hurt for days afterwards becuase I laughed so hard for so long. So naturally I did what I needed to and replied by exposing him for what he was delusional. See what start as me simple calling him out turned into quite the story. I wanted to expose him for the fraud he was and still continues to be.

Interviewer " You two continued to exchange words making the fight one the fans really looked forward to. Once you went into that fight what was the game plan? Were you just ready to rip his head off?"

Alex Young "No I did not want to go rip his head off. See when I called him out I knew of his weakness. Of course I had no intention on changing my plans because of that I wanted to go in and fight the way I always do."

Interviewer "But you didn't fight how you always did and the fight ended up going into the third round. So how did that plan come about?"

Alex Young "Once he replied and said he would take the easy pay day for 10 seconds work I wanted to make him pay. Like I said I knew his weakness so I decided to expose that, it just takes time to do that. That and I enjoyed messing with him, he got more frustrated as time went on. He wasn't expecting to go for that long. Its one of my favorite fights simply because I enjoyed it. I dodged his combos and strike by strike broke him down and destroyed him. It was great" *laughs* "Well it was fun for me at least, probably not so much for Harper"

Interviewer "For your next fight you got a step up in competition in Ted Zanik and you managed to win, take us through that fight"

Alex Young "That fight was me riding off the happiness from the previous fight. I earned my step up in competition and had to go out there and fight my fight. This fight also went into the 3rd round, but that is because he was able to get me on the ground. My ground game is an area I am constantly trying to work on as it is clearly my weakness. Eventually though I caught him with some strikes that knocked him down then rocked him, I went in with more strikes to try and get the late KO."

Interview "As simple as that?"

Alex Young "No not simple, that's just how they go though, two guys step in the cage with a unique skill set that they try to use and win."

Interview "Well lets talk about your fight today, I can imagine it was a bit heartbreaking for you."

Alex Young " For sure. Kosta Gatsalov is no joke and I knew that going in. I was doing really well throughout the fight. I knocked him down but that wasn't enough."

Interviewer "What did this fight teach you?"

Alex Young " Three things, 1- follow knockdowns if possible from now on. 2- I need to work on my clinch skills and 3- Kosta Gatsalov is a great fighter for his age, can't image what he will be like later on."

Interviewer "So who is next?"

Alex Young "Whoever the owner decides is next. Maybe Young vs. Harper II, I am always down for an easy pay day. " *chuckles* "no really whoever they decide I take the offer I get.

Interviewer "So that's that?"

Alex Young "That's that." *walks out*

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/16/16w15.jpg

Ratimir "The Python" Yenin (271321)

Well Artem go for you on the win. But as you know I took the fight on last minute notice. I want to rumble again and this time show you what the Python can do with proper notice. If you have the balls to go again. This time I will tear them off.

So sign the contract and your make funeral arrangements!

• Upvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/16/16w15.jpg

Ratimir "The Python" Yenin (271321)

Well Artem go for you on the win. But as you know I took the fight on last minute notice. I want to rumble again and this time show you what the Python can do with proper notice. If you have the balls to go again. This time I will tear them off.

So sign the contract and your make funeral arrangements!

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/41/41w31.jpg

Artem "Sokil" Nazarev

"Thanks for words of praise, I always appreciate things like that said by professionals. But I also must disappoint You, at least this time. I may fight against You once more, but not that soon. I just don't see sense in giving Fans another poor spectacle like that. I signed to SPI, because I wanted to move from grappling to MMA. When You will be ready to step up into MMA also, instead of making grappling matches with no punching in the face rules, then I will be more than happy to meet You again in the cage. No offence mate, but You should change Your fighting style, as we do not fight for ourselves only, but also for People, who comes to watch us. Take it as friendly advice from someone from the business, even if it may hurt when You lost in professional cage for the very first time being on hot streak."