102 *SPOILERS*

Preliminary card

* Lightweight bout: Flag of Brazil Marcus Aurelio vs. Flag of the United States Evan Dunham

Dunham defeated Aurelio via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 30-27).

* Middleweight bout: Flag of the United States Nick Catone vs. Flag of the United States Mark Muñoz

Muñoz defeated Catone via split decision (28-29, 30-27, 29-28).

* Heavyweight bout: Flag of Canada Tim Hague vs. Flag of the United States Todd Duffee

Duffee defeated Hague via KO (punches) at 0:07 of round 1. Duffee sets the new record for the UFC's fastest knockout beating Don Frye and James Irvin who were tied at 8 seconds.

* Heavyweight bout: Flag of the United States Justin McCully vs. Flag of the United States Mike Russow

Russow defeated McCully via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-26, 30-27).

* Heavyweight bout: Flag of Brazil Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Flag of the United States Chris Tuchscherer

Gonzaga defeated Tuchscherer via TKO (punches) at 2:27 of round 1.

* Middleweight bout: Flag of the United States Ed Herman vs. Flag of the United States Aaron Simpson

Simpson defeated Herman via TKO (injury) at 0:17 of round 2.

* Light Heavyweight bout: Flag of the United States Brandon Vera vs. Flag of Poland Krzysztof Soszynski

Vera defeated Soszynski via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27).

* Middleweight bout: Flag of the United States Chris Leben vs. Flag of the United States Jake Rosholt

Rosholt defeated Leben via submission (arm triangle choke) at 1:20 of round 3.

* Middleweight bout: Flag of the United States Nate Marquardt vs. Flag of Brazil Demian Maia

Marquardt defeated Maia via KO (punch) at 0:21 of round 1.

* Light Heavyweight bout: Flag of the United States Keith Jardine vs. Flag of Brazil Thiago Silva

Silva defeated Jardine via KO (punches) at 1:35 of round 1.

* Heavyweight bout: Flag of the United States Randy Couture vs. Flag of Brazil Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira

Nogueira defeated Couture via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28).

I think the event was saved by Nog vs Randy. That might have been the fight of the year. Too bad it wasn't 5 rounds. Nog is a lot slower than he used to be but his boxing is still superior, I didn't expect that.

Krissie vs Vera wasn't bad, but not great either.

Marquardt vs Maia was a big disappointment. I thought Marquardt would win with an early KO, but not that early. Apparently somebody forgot to tell Maia that he can't strike for shit. What's up with trying to press the action on the feet? I saw he was overconfident about his striking before, but this was crazy. A very, very bad gameplan.

I'm also happy that somebody finally showed that Jardine is a bad striker as well. That was about time. Actually the other Silva already did that, but this was a good confirmation. Every time he tried a combo he missed everything. He is slow, has no defense and his timing is just awful.

Btw when are they going to kick Leben out the UFC? That fight was pathetic.

Btw when are they going to kick Leben out the UFC? That fight was pathetic.

I never understood why they let him in in the first place. I've always thought he was shite.

Does any consistent main-card fighter have as glass of a jaw as Keith Jardine? Every time this guy gets touched it seems like he goes down. This is his THIRD UFC KO loss in under 2 minutes. He has another less in 6 seconds at the start of his career against Wiuff. But then he goes and survives a full fight against Rampage and Chuck. Who knows...

Decent night of fights. Todd Duffee looks like he might be something in a few years.

Marquardt vs Maia was a big disappointment. I thought Marquardt would win with an early KO, but not that early. Apparently somebody forgot to tell Maia that he can't strike for shit. What's up with trying to press the action on the feet? I saw he was overconfident about his striking before, but this was crazy. A very, very bad gameplan.

Actually, I thought that one was awesome. lol, Maia=fail

Actually, I thought that one was awesome. lol, Maia=fail

Naaah, he has talent but he has to be smarter and improve his stiking game.

Btw did everybody see how Tuchscherer coughed his balls into a bucket and than 5 seconds later survived the hardest highkick in MMA history? I also think it's about time they sack that bald referee. He is terrible.

Dont think the UFC employ the refs, think i read that somewhere tho i forget. Unless u mean sacked by the comission or whatever it is that does employ them, then yea :)

Naaah, he has talent but he has to be smarter and improve his stiking game.

Btw did everybody see how Tuchscherer coughed his balls into a bucket and than 5 seconds later survived the hardest highkick in MMA history? I also think it's about time they sack that bald referee. He is terrible.

Listen to Rogan talk, he's stoned.

Pretty decent night. My picks were terrible but thank God Marquardt won. I love Nate the Great! Can't wait to see his rematch with Silva.

Legend! :D

I was saying it all last week, why the fuck were Nog and Silva the underdogs? i bet on both of them winning (both on the game and real online betting) and just loved it. The only problem i had was that fuck Leben....he was odds on favourite and ruined my accumulator.

I was saying it all last week, why the fuck were Nog and Silva the underdogs? i bet on both of them winning (both on the game and real online betting) and just loved it. The only problem i had was that fuck Leben....he was odds on favourite and ruined my accumulator.
Favorites and underdogs are picked by who bookies think people will bet on, not who is actually better. Sometimes you get wacky odds if a lesser known but superior fighter is facing off against a well known opponent. The face recognition person gets the odds set in his favor purely because people will bet on him on a basis of knowing their name. That's not the case here but is somewhat similar - Nog and T. Silva were both coming off horrible looking performances. Nog looked half dead against Mir and Silva got messily devoured by Machida. So the bookmakers looked at that and thought that most people would bet against those guys. And of course people are going to go for Randy. No explanation on Jardine though, people just like that goofy looking guy, I guess.

I was saying it all last week, why the fuck were Nog and Silva the underdogs?
Thiago: Jardine while inconsistent, has always been consistent in that he always responds to a loss with a win. He had lost to Rampage in his last fight, therefore was expected to win this time. Thiago also hadn't beaten anyone on the level Jardine's has.

Nog: I had him to win, but do you really have to ask? His performances against Sylvia and Herring weren't that good. Nogueira got obliterated against Mir due to his injury and in MMA, people tend to over-hype injury induced losses. Also, Randy hadn't been caught in a submission hold since 2001. He had the superior wrestling which should've allowed him to keep the fight standing and no one really expected him to be retarded enough to follow Nog into guard (XtremeCouture game plans are looking retarded as of late). Based upon their last 3 fights, Couture's boxing did appear to be superior to some people.

I bet on thiago, nog, nate, gonzaga, marcus, catone, McCully, simpson, Vera, Leben, didn't bet on the duffee fight.

You had a pretty good evening. Shame on you for betting on Leben though. I only bet on Vera and Marquardt.

http://mmamania.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/tsilva-jardine.jpg

poor jardine... when this guy loses he loses bad, murdered or brutalized... i mean come on, travis wuiff knocked him out silly early in his career :suicide_anim:

I'm glad Thiago Silva won, like him as a fighter won that bet. Leben was in the worst physical shape i have ever seen him, he looked slow, ponderous and complete crap. He must be on the at the stage where whatever he has left on his contract is all he has left in the UFC - the badboy image and ferocious brawler style looks lost on him these days.

Nog was awesome but much respect to Randy - most fighters would have been done at 3 or 4 differnt points in that fight but he showed some real grit to get through the fight and give nog a contest. Randy aint done yet, theres still some fights left in him.....just not Brock.