Athletes

jamesubrown1

What are the best exercises to increase an athletes muscular endurance during sports performance?

Skipping is a hugely underrated method to increase endurance.

However, the most important thing is to simply mix up the exercise routine so that all muscle groups are being developed. Even top athletes have fallen into this trap at times.

My buddy swims a mile each morning, trains an hour in the gym at lunch, doing something called shino tarkey (fuck knows how its spelt), and runs 5 mile at night. Weekends he rides 10m+ on a road bike and 20 mile + on a mountain bike.

He is full time as lawyer, and is training for a triathlon, a 100mile mountain bike race, and 100mile sportif ( I will do the 57 miler) and a 57 mile mountain bike race. (I do this one)

He has endless fucking cardio.

Personally I got through 2 kebabs and a Pizza Saturday night, but he is good enough to wait for me on Mountain Bike rides!

See, that's the thing. What you'll need to train is entirely dependent on what sport you're training for. You're not gonna train cardio for an MMA fight the same way you'd do for a boxing fight.