What is a fair fight?

So this is a very opinionated topic, but what does everyone view as a fair fight?

Me personally, i dont feel the fighters have to have the same skill in primaries for it to be "fair" if fighter a has a slight advantage in one category and fighter b in another it still fair. hell if fighter a has an advantage in one i still view it as fair.

That's a loaded question... for me it's skills in general.. is there a way I can win versus is there a way he can win. If both are equal, even if different.. it should be a fair fight. Then it comes down to secondary skills and sometimes luck.

This is def a question that is going to get very subjective answers. I have heard numerous opinions and takes on that matter but mainly for me it boils down to ONE important question.

Do you think you can win that fight?

If the answer is no then no, it's not a fair fight.

If the answer is 100% yes, then it may not be a fair fight for the other person.

If the answer is yes, then it is a fair fight.

If the answer is maybe, then it is the fairest possible fight.

This is obviously a flawed way to look at but this is the most basic way I can possibly break it down. Matchmaking only get to see primaries so when matchmaking it is really only a 1/3 of the area being matched up so you can have primaries match up perfectly but it comes down to hiddens, clashing of styles, physicals and secondaries which can only be determined by manager of said fighter when you a REALLY talking about fair match ups. This is why I encourage all managers to decline any fight they don't feel comfortable with.

IDs help because if both fighters ID are similar cause they should have similar skills but that is possibly the most flawed way of matching fighters up. You can't take into account learning speed which can be drastically different, if a fighter is sacked they lost training time, sometimes managers go inactive and they missed training time. When dealing with a slow learner vs a fast learner, a couple missed sessions can make quite the difference.

In the end this is a subjective topic that is going to boil down whether both fighters think they can win and possibly lose.

• Downvote 1

This is def a question that is going to get very subjective answers. I have heard numerous opinions and takes on that matter but mainly for me it boils down to ONE important question.

Do you think you can win that fight?

If the answer is no then no, it's not a fair fight.

If the answer is 100% yes, then it may not be a fair fight for the other person.

If the answer is yes, then it is a fair fight.

If the answer is maybe, then it is the fairest possible fight.

This is obviously a flawed way to look at but this is the most basic way I can possibly break it down. Matchmaking only get to see primaries so when matchmaking it is really only a 1/3 of the area being matched up so you can have primaries match up perfectly but it comes down to hiddens, clashing of styles, physicals and secondaries which can only be determined by manager of said fighter when you a REALLY talking about fair match ups. This is why I encourage all managers to decline any fight they don't feel comfortable with.

IDs help because if both fighters ID are similar cause they should have similar skills but that is possibly the most flawed way of matching fighters up. You can't take into account learning speed which can be drastically different, if a fighter is sacked they lost training time, sometimes managers go inactive and they missed training time. When dealing with a slow learner vs a fast learner, a couple missed sessions can make quite the difference.

In the end this is a subjective topic that is going to boil down whether both fighters think they can win and possibly lose.

Pretty much this. If I feel I can bag him it's a fair fight no matter what the primaries say. People who decline otherwise fair fights because of small primary discrepancies are babies.

All fights with my guys are unfair, Because I am TERRIBLE with sliders, I have had the advantage in all areas, with a Granite Chin and have gotten KOed, Out Cold. This game just doesn't like me. :weeping: But I keep fighting on :boxing: Because I like making people feel good about themselves :winner:

Just my 2 cents.

• Upvote 3

i personally take a lot of unfair fights, and still come out on top a lot of the time because the other manager makes a mistake. I have had a lot of fights where it is my 258k id guy vs some guy with 245k id, and ... victory despite me thinking to myself "if this guy does this right, I am so dead."

The most recent fight like this ....

No way i should have won imo(he probably has super good secondaries and great ko power), but I did. Next match is even more of a mismatch that will probably end up with a one sided loss, but i don't think it is utterly hopeless.

Tought question in deed. IMO the answer is different for every person and the word fair may not apply. Is someone cheating? If not then of course the fight is not unfair. Is it a level playing field? Ah, think that is a better approach. As someone mentioned, managers make mistakes (I'm one of those dopes). I have had fights where I know I have a clear advantage and still got subbed or KOed; however, it only appeared I had a clear advangtage because my primaries were better, but obviously my opponent had good secondaries and was ready for whatever I was going to come with. This is a tough convo to narrow down to any one thing; although I perfectly understand where the thought comes from.

I have historically never turned down a fight for reasons other than "no energy/injured/they're both mine". This has led to me taking some STAGGERING losses, but also to some incredible upsets as well. To me, fair fights fall under two categories:

1) Both fighters have at least SOME avenue to victory. Primaries rarely tell the whole story... if you know your opponent can't clinch, but you can, but he has very impressive physicals.... YOU CAN BEAT HIM. This is hilariously overlooked by a lot of managers, and has led me to some of my greatest victories in this game. But it doesn't have to be a clinch scenario... if your guy has at least one method of victory that is reasonably threatening to your opponent (you have equal or better wrestling but inferior striking, or the opposite), then I believe it is a fair fight.

Or...

2) If the rankings of your current division put align you with said opponent. If you are the kind of person that wants to sign to a weight class, clean out the middle-of-the-pack guys, and then cut and run the second you are asked to fight a tough opponent, you need to find a different hobby.

If you are in a division with fighters that you cannot defeat, and you know that your training will never bridge the gap, you need to find a division that suits your fighter better. There is no excuse to remain in a division, beat the contenders, and refuse the champion. This goes quadruple for champions.

I also get irritated with organizations that sign 10 low skill guys and one elite fighter. The elite fighter has no business being there. That is like having a forest filled with foxes, deer, and goats, then introducing a tyrannosaurus rex and demanding everybody fights him.

http://i.imgur.com/G2Ajfq4.jpg

It isn't fair to the rest of the division is what I'm saying. Now, if you intend to sign multiple elite fighters and have them fight each other, more power to ya. But don't be surprised if the deer and the antelope want to play elsewhere after you sign a few t-rexes.

My sincerest apologies to all of the T-Rexes that I called out with this post.

http://i.imgur.com/jh7nx5L.jpg

• Upvote 3

When I'm accepting fights I generally look at the opponent and if I feel like I have a half way reasonable chance I accept the offer.

When I'm booking fights I look to estimated skill and the fighters history, I book within a half star unless it's a title shot or I notice that a fighter has taken fights vs less skilled opponents and have lost - if a 4 star fighter lost twice in a row vs 2 different 3.5 star I'm willing to try him vs a 3 star since I think it might say something about his hiddens/secondaries. There's very few exceptions that I've had to deviate from this(sometimes the available fights just do not match up in a good way and that leaves a shitty looking fight.) and I would generally consider it fair.

A fight can never be fair as long as the opponent manager name is Sir Castor Rollins. I am unbeatable, primaries dont matter, i am the favourite in all fights and i will find a way to castorize you.

Castorize sounds like something you do to a girl in the back seat of your car in the Taco Bell parking lot. But that's just me. :P

I look at the gym where they train, their manager, and I look to see their previous opponents. If they've never beat a fighter of my fighters skill level, they are probably outmatched. If they've beaten way better fighters in the past, I'm skeptical. Also I look at their wrestling ability, because dictating where the fight takes place is crucial. There are about five million other factors that I can't think of off the top of my head...

But if I do something dirty in a parking lot, then the girl would be Puebloed. Not everyone can do it. I would imagine its something the same for Castorization. But anyone who plays checkers can get Kinged...

(These are just jokes. I've been at work for thirteen hours, it's seven in the morning and I need spin and win credits. Hopefully no Kings were harmed in the making of this post.)

• Upvote 1