Next season of the island - Game change discussion

Kronix

In the original thread http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=48771 , mike popped in and said that there might be some changes for the upcomming season of the island

Yeah I'm never gunna make this place a pay to win. That's why I really wanna make WOC work - cos we can make money from that and support the game properly, whilst keeping / improving game integrity.

In terms of the next season of the island, I think we probably will go for increased creation points or increased training speed.

Most guys were in an agreement that added creation points would be the best but then the conversation died out. So this is my attempt to revive the discussion because I don't think that many people are looking in the improvement section of the forum. Mike hasn't said how much he is willing to change for the upcomming season but maybe if we get the ball rolling with some reasonable ideas we could make things a little easier for him.

This was my own suggestion:

Total amount for a 25y in the current system: 927 points on all skills

Primary 171, 4 skills. Average 42,75 points per skill

Secondary 487. 13 skills, Average 37,25 points per skill

Physicals 269, 6 skills, Average 44 points per skills

My suggestion

Primary 256, +75 points, New Average: 64 points per skill (Respectable)

Secondary 551. +64 points. New Average: 42,38 points per skill (Mediocre)

Physicals 344 +75 points New Average: 57,33 points (Competent)

total amount 1151, increase of +214 points total.

If you play around with the amount of points you'll find that it's a good amount to get a bit more rounded fighters. Without giant holes but still not enough to make them immortals but enough to make different and interesting build from starts. Both standup and ground fighters will have sufficiant points. They can either make a ground fighter only as they do now or they can have a smal fighting chance on the feet as well but it would be possible now. It's really not a massive increase but it a good place to start. I encourage people who can to try and play with the numbers and this is just a first bid. Thoughts?

It would be nice to see some other suggestions aswell. We have a real opportunity to improve the Island here. lets not let it go to waste. So lets get the discussion underway

• Upvote 4

The Island

The Island is an isolated city within the game, where finances cannot come into the city, meaning that everyone operating in the city starts on an equal footing. The Island runs on a 6 month "season", at the end of which we hand out awards and allocate fighters and managers on The Island to different cities within the game.

So basically no managers will have an advantage on the island because we all get to create our fighters from scratch at the same time. Our money can't help us and it's like playing tycoon like it was when game was brand new, before all monsters were created. Becaues of the time frame there is no reason to try and create project fighters which in return makes for a fun experience because you try and do your best with the fighter you've been dealt

Worth mentioning is that you get a free fighter slot that is reserved for creation of a Island fighter. The slot can't be used for anything else. Did I mention that it was free? :)

I actually want to see the age reduced from the max creation age of 25 off The Island. Having a max age of 21 means there wont be a massive difference in terms of skill level between 18 year olds and 21 year olds and could mean we'll see more ex-Island fighters go off to have better careers when they leave The Island than compared to those in the first couple of seasons.

There will most likely be a break now before next season start. So there hasn't been a date set as of right now. The current season hasn't ended yet, some finals are still in the making of the final island tournament (which is how the island ends, with giant tournament for each weight-class)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/island_finals.php

I actually want to see the age reduced from the max creation age of 25 off The Island. Having a max age of 21 means there wont be a massive difference in terms of skill level between 18 year olds and 21 year olds and could mean we'll see more ex-Island fighters go off to have better careers when they leave The Island than compared to those in the first couple of seasons.

I think the problem with this is that The Island offers a lot quicker training as far as I believe. Someone would get a favour from a friend in an org or something, and then they get to train their 18 year old fighter with faster training without every having to have a fight.

no, the training is horrible compaired to the real guy. The positive thing is that it's equally horrible for all of us. Although you did see some people who arranged to have a private gym durring this last season if I'm not misstaking. However with the low level sups, the training won't be as good. What on the other hand is important is the hype. An island fighter will have quite a big amount of hype after the season, especially for the winners and orgs in the real city can benefit from that greatly.

Well you are in luck, the island fighters don't want to go to beast orgs. They know they'll get smashed. Your competition are ID orgs once they think of it ;)

Anyways. I still haven't seen any counter offers. Surely there have to be some ideas? I don't think I hit the nail on the head on the first try. It's a reasonable amount but I would really like to see some more or are people simply holding of until mike says how much he is willing to bend the rules? :)