what is your occupation?

UniConor

after sales manager in a mitsubishi dealership :) Have no diploma (was one of those too-smart-for-their-own-good-kids who got great results, but couldnt be bothered with the school part). Had some years where i just partied and didnt go to school.

Then adultery kicked in and i started working as a car-mechanic. Managed to climb up to after sales manager, and i really love my job, so i'm gonna keep on doing this till i die i think :)

• Upvote 1

Occupation.. Jack of all trades I guess. Have no idea what my title is.. really can't come up with one so here goes:

1) Long distance repair/support... not much anymore in this part of the company, when I was hired this was 90% of my work. We do have our own switches but typically they sit around and well, switch.

2) For our Obamaphone program (free gubbamin wireless) I handle a few duties:

a) primary duplicate checker for duplicate accounts inhouse. I get a series of reports per state that we are in then go hunting from that, also query results delivered every day which have dupes and other data issues I have to work. Then every month there are duplicate checks to go through along with an outside audit I have to review.

B) We do live proof verification on every part of the order.. I created and enacted an audit plan to ensure the people doing the proofing are actually approving orders that should be approved

c) Started an agent audit program based on various metrics reviewing the orders they submit for bullshit that shouldn't have been bothered with and abusive behavior towards our employees.

3) Retail cell service

a) Master of porting (moving your phone number from one provider to another), ported in well over 2500ish numbers over the past 4-5 years

B) Escalate/harass AT&T on any issues, try to cut through the bullshit to get resolutions

4) Voice router work whenever it comes up

5) The ubiquitous tasks to be assigned at a later date or shit needed done right the first time.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I studied 2 years of Broadcasting Communications and then realized it wasn't for me. Worked for a year or so at a call center but it's just to get some money in my pocket. Went back to university and I'm now studying Philosophy. Going in my second year after summer vacation.

Goals? Get a PhD in Philosophy. I wanna specialize in Philosophy of Language or Epistemology (Philosophy of Knowledge) and then move to a teaching career.

Dreams? Get a scholarship and finish studying in Germany since I want to work at the Institute for Social Research in Frankfurt am Main. Or be a director and a writer.

• Upvote 1

i currently offer strategic advice to monarchies around Europe at extortionate rates for the amount of actual work i do.

before that i used to design hydro-electric dams in The Democratic Republic of Congo and oversee their construction.

in my spare time i have been working on a perpetual motion machine.

in the future i hope to climb Kangchenjunga (the only remaining 8 thousander (from the 14) whose summit i haven't reached).

right this very second i am parachuting into my back garden.

• Upvote 1

Carpenter... Ive worked for both the sheet metal union and carpenters unions... Mostly self employed, build custom homes from the ground up. Do it all with the exception of the electrical hook up.

In the Army I worked in the motorpool as a heavy equipment mechanic ( 62-B )

• Upvote 1

Mostly self employed, build custom homes from the ground up.

Isn't that how all homes are built? I have yet to seen one built from sky down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I make things defy gravity for live events, from Concerts and Theaters on up to the Olympics (2002 winter Oly.)

I am a currently a Rigger for many venues around the Pacific Northwest. The next time you go to a concert, look up at all the lights, sound and video that is above the stage. My specialty is making sure that it gets up there.

I am a member of The International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees local #28.

I couldnt find a job with MORE job satisfaction.

example: , if you could hear that crowd, you would understand WHY I do it :band:

528816_3818539033127_585843032_n.jpg?oh= http://stuart.fm/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/548650_10150630284021851_1996024660_n.jpg

Gorge Amphitheater,in George Washington

• 2 weeks later...