Discussion: Fighter career threads and fighter smack talk

A Fighter Career thread is for whatever the Manager who has that fighter thinks it should be if you want to talk about how training went that week you should be able to

you think it should consist of the major points of a Fighter Career and that's fine make yours about that and let others do it to there

own Personal taste

tumblr_m6qze2tpor1qa6g1m.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This aggressive attitude of demanding "your own perception of quality" from others is already harming the forum.

Why bother writing something about your brand/fighter/interests etc... when you run the risk of "Extremely tough keyboard warrior managers" attacking you with ridicule, for reasons purely based on their own opinion,,, very often ganging up on one individual..

This posse (pussy?) mentality sickens me,, all tough when the gang is backing them up..

Whats fantastic to one, sucks to someone else and since there are thousands of managers, there will be a great variety of perceived quality.

Some people have a great need to control what others do, while some others cant stand any attempts at being controlled.

There is an ignore button to use, if the need to control others becomes irresistable.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

But, in the case of Dinooo and Bjorn, it doesn't really seem to be about bad threads..... more about being butthurt over a missed FA agent and someone getting more spin and wins than others.

It's not like the managers writing these perceived "bad quality threads" are doing it with malicious intent....

Not malicious like when grouping up "against one or very few individuals" with the intent of chasing them out of the game.....

Bothering to write fighter threads to get spin and win is great and an hell of a lot better than the single word posts in these "game threads", which truly is spin and win whoring.

• Upvote 5

Tycooner, I don't understand why people would be upset over being accused that they are being a spin and win whore anyway because lets face it, we all do it. I feel like this thread is trying to fix a problem that is unfixable. One, like you said, no one should ever be restricted in talking about their fighter. In fact, I believe that no one should be restricted in talking about anything, as long as they do it in the right part. The guide for the General Discussion Thread says "Talk about fighters, events, clothing brands - anything you like as long as it is interesting or relatively important. If you want to talk about the UFC, do it in the General MMA forum in the section below." That one sentence that is in bold, is stupid vague. As long as I think it is interesting, or relatively important, no matter if it was copied and pasted or not, then why can't I post it? Who are they or anybody (besides Mike of course) to tell me what I have to say isn't important? Pair that with the fact that the more you post, then the better chances you have to win something that can greatly benefit you in the game and you have the "problem" that people say we have.

Personally, idgaf if you call me a spin and win whore because its stating the obvious. Everyone does it. In fact, I think a thread like this was designed in part so that people could be spin and win whores. People just basically wait for a reply so they can reply back with their POV....

Oh wait... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

100% agree with the highlighted

• Upvote 1

You believe the forums are "horrifyingly dull" but yet your suggestions so far wont make the forums more entertaining or more active by moving these threads to another place in the forums, if anything the General Game Discussion forum will be more dead than it already is.

If you're gonna watch TV, would you rather watch 6 hours of someone shitting in a can, or one hour of quality programming?

What is more entertaining? You seem to assume that enforcing more stringent guidelines for what people post in the main subforum would 'kill' it. I don't see it that way at all. If anything, I think it would help the forums (and community) long term by making the front page worth reading and thus making frequenting the foruns more attractive in the first place.

Your view of the fighter interview subforum is equally defeatist. If people don't read them and still want to read about fighters eating a full breakfast they'll actually know where to go looking for it. Right now general game is just a 'miscellaneous' section with a fancy name.

I'm all ears to how we can make the forums more entertaining if you or anyone else has suggestions.

It's pretty clear that you're not. So far you've done nothing except belittle Conor for having the gall to agree with you.

Maybe you should stick to those Off-Topic threads which you find fun, you know like the word association one? At least that way, simple threads like that one wont hurt your brain.

Like, what the fuck? Could you act like any more of a douche? Seeing as you 1) are in a position of relative power over most of us on these forums and 2) tried to start a serious discussion thread about how to moderate said forums you might want to stop talking to people like that.

I do find it pretty telling that the same person who came in guns blazing calling some of us bullies, hides behind his position and talks shit to people for no real reason.

• Upvote 4

This, Tycooner btw is supposed to be preaching, meaning I agree with you haha!

This aggressive attitude of demanding "your own perception of quality" from others is already harming the forum.

Why bother writing something about your brand/fighter/interests etc... when you run the risk of "Extremely tough keyboard warrior managers" attacking you with ridicule, for reasons purely based on their own opinion,,, very often ganging up on one individual..

This posse (pussy?) mentality sickens me,, all tough when the gang is backing them up..

Whats fantastic to one, sucks to someone else and since there are thousands of managers, there will be a great variety of perceived quality.

Some people have a great need to control what others do, while some others cant stand any attempts at being controlled.

There is an ignore button to use, if the need to control others becomes irresistable.

If you don't like it, don't read it.

But, in the case of Dinooo and Bjorn, it doesn't really seem to be about bad threads..... more about being butthurt over a missed FA agent and someone getting more spin and wins than others.

It's not like the managers writing these perceived "bad quality threads" are doing it with malicious intent....

Not malicious like when grouping up "against one or very few individuals" with the intent of chasing them out of the game.....

Bothering to write fighter threads to get spin and win is great and an hell of a lot better than the single word posts in these "game threads", which truly is spin and win whoring.

I'm glad I'm not the only person on here who has noticed this. This is a gang mentality by a lot of people that post in these forums. I think it honestly keeps people away. Some of these guys are just rude AF' with they little keyboards and shit. It's cool though.... :shades:

. http://ionehellobeautiful.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/kermit-lipton.jpg?w=420

• Upvote 2

If you're gonna watch TV, would you rather watch 6 hours of someone shitting in a can, or one hour of quality programming?

What is more entertaining? You seem to assume that enforcing more stringent guidelines for what people post in the main subforum would 'kill' it. I don't see it that way at all. If anything, I think it would help the forums (and community) long term by making the front page worth reading and thus making frequenting the foruns more attractive in the first place.

Your view of the fighter interview subforum is equally defeatist. If people don't read them and still want to read about fighters eating a full breakfast they'll actually know where to go looking for it. Right now general game is just a 'miscellaneous' section with a fancy name.

It's pretty clear that you're not. So far you've done nothing except belittle Conor for having the gall to agree with you.

Like, what the fuck? Could you act like any more of a douche? Seeing as you 1) are in a position of relative power over most of us on these forums and 2) tried to start a serious discussion thread about how to moderate said forums you might want to stop talking to people like that.

I do find it pretty telling that the same person who came in guns blazing calling some of us bullies, hides behind his position and talks shit to people for no real reason.

I'm sorry... but I have to do it again... PREACH!!

• Downvote 1

I see that a few guys here are having the same opinion like me and that makes me happy to be honest. Lately I have seen almost nothing but negative posts about fighter threads and it's a bit stupid.

1) To me, it doesn't matter much where the fighter threads need to be. Just make sure everyone knows and those who want to read the fighter threads will read them, no matter where they are. That being said, imagine the General Game Discussion without fighter threads and stuff about the orgs. It would be boring.

2) What annoys me the most , and luckily others as well, is that a few managers think they control how a fighter thread should be made. It must be funny with nothing but long stories. I strongly dissagree with that. Everyone should have the right to create their fighter threads the way they want. If someone likes a more twitter/facebook style of thread, why not, as long as that manager doesn't post like 10 posts per thread per day, but just does an update now and then.

I see GBK posting that those threads should only be about big fights and things like that. Makes no sense to me. It's a career thread, not a career highlight thread.

3) People who are pissed when someone gets spin and win credits for a fighter thread that gets updated frequently, perhaps focus your attention at the 'one word story ' type of threads.

I think as long as posting the same thing in a fighter thread and the org smack talk happens only frequently, that it's ok.

I don't know if you think the same way about this, but have you guys seen any good smack talk threads lately? I mean, no matter what org I sign my fighter to, there are like 3 or 4 managers involved in the org smack talk thread. People are hessitant to post since they know they'll receive a whole bunch of shit for it from a few select managers. I'm not a big fan of spin&wins, since all that someone posts seems to be considered to get easy spins. I think those who like to post on the forum will keep posting on the forum, spins or not.

• Upvote 4

I see that a few guys here are having the same opinion like me and that makes me happy to be honest. Lately I have seen almost nothing but negative posts about fighter threads and it's a bit stupid.

1) To me, it doesn't matter much where the fighter threads need to be. Just make sure everyone knows and those who want to read the fighter threads will read them, no matter where they are. That being said, imagine the General Game Discussion without fighter threads and stuff about the orgs. It would be boring.

2) What annoys me the most , and luckily others as well, is that a few managers think they control how a fighter thread should be made. It must be funny with nothing but long stories. I strongly dissagree with that. Everyone should have the right to create their fighter threads the way they want. If someone likes a more twitter/facebook style of thread, why not, as long as that manager doesn't post like 10 posts per thread per day, but just does an update now and then.

I see GBK posting that those threads should only be about big fights and things like that. Makes no sense to me. It's a career thread, not a career highlight thread.

3) People who are pissed when someone gets spin and win credits for a fighter thread that gets updated frequently, perhaps focus your attention at the 'one word story ' type of threads.

I think as long as posting the same thing in a fighter thread and the org smack talk happens only frequently, that it's ok.

I don't know if you think the same way about this, but have you guys seen any good smack talk threads lately? I mean, no matter what org I sign my fighter to, there are like 3 or 4 managers involved in the org smack talk thread. People are hessitant to post since they know they'll receive a whole bunch of shit for it from a few select managers. I'm not a big fan of spin&wins, since all that someone posts seems to be considered to get easy spins. I think those who like to post on the forum will keep posting on the forum, spins or not.

Its a bit sad when managers like Dinooo, say noone gives a shit about some "average fighter".

Well, i'll let them in on something,,, For the manager of that average fighter, he is absolutely important enough for the manager to bother writing a story about him, hence THAT manager cares... besides, wtf does he really know about what other people care for... People area s different as they are many.

I love my fighers and have a story in my head about most of them.

But, the main/only reason I don't bother writing and posting them, is because of this crap attitude from a small but hard core, of "not so nice people", thinking this game is primarily made for them and everything should revolve around their opinions.... "fuck anyone disagreeing... we'll pussy,, sorry posse the fuck out of them".. :rolleyes:

I can't write like CK,, noone here can.. and by using him as a "template" of whats acceptable quality,, he would be the only one writing anything. ^_^

• Upvote 5

I don't agree about the part in bold. Honestly, if it wasn't for the spin and win I wouldn't be on here. Some of these managers that post stuff just say the rudest things. They be havin me out here in these streets like http://i.ytimg.com/vi/SMDiy8g3HDs/hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So let me get this straight, threads about organisations and fighters hurt your brain and as rjs2442 pointed out more than half the threads in General Game Discussion is either about organisations, fighters or tournaments. What threads do you want to see in the General Game Discussion forum if you don't want to see ones about organisations and fighters? You believe the forums are "horrifyingly dull" but yet your suggestions so far wont make the forums more entertaining or more active by moving these threads to another place in the forums, if anything the General Game Discussion forum will be more dead than it already is. I'm all ears to how we can make the forums more entertaining if you or anyone else has suggestions. Maybe you should stick to those Off-Topic threads which you find fun, you know like the word association one? At least that way, simple threads like that one wont hurt your brain.

Nice discussion Marky

• Upvote 3

The signal to noise ratio on these forums have always been shit. After Spin 'n Win, it became shittier. A gazillion posts about what Genericfighter101 had for breakfast or how big of a dump Ripoff2000 took afterwards do nothing to enhance this. There's this absurd notion that more activity on the forums is always for the better. It's not. The few interesting and original ideas are quickly drowned in a deluge of shit and the lastest fecal tsunami to swamp the forums, is the cursed "Story of..."

It's not that I even object that much to the concept, it's the execution. These threads are brimming with the most generic, uninspiring tripe. They are, not to put too fine a point it, shit.

At the very least, they should be moved to a subforum. If creative writing for 5th graders is really that popular, that subforum should have no problem thriving and blossoming into its own ripe pile of manure.

As for Marky, you're starting to come off as disingenious and not very impartial here.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Nice discussion Marky

If your brain hurts from reading stuff from certain individuals, there might be a simple solution for that.

How about avoiding their threads? :unsure:

Isn't that a bit more fair, than requesting them to stop writing the way they are doing?

Especially since they aren't attacking or hurting anyone.... Oh,, except your brain of course... :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I swear if people like uniconnor and Igor had they way then nobody would be able to post in these forums but the best authors on earth and god. Newsflash, J.K. Rowling ain't walking in this bitch anytime soon. It's simple. If you don't like what somebody has to say then don't click on it. It other words,

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The signal to noise ratio on these forums have always been shit. After Spin 'n Win, it became shittier. A gazillion posts about what Genericfighter101 had for breakfast or how big of a dump Ripoff2000 took afterwards do nothing to enhance this. There's this absurd notion that more activity on the forums is always for the better. It's not. The few interesting and original ideas are quickly drowned in a deluge of shit and the lastest fecal tsunami to swamp the forums, is the cursed "Story of..."

It's not that I even object that much to the concept, it's the execution. These threads are brimming with the most generic, uninspiring tripe. They are, not to put too fine a point it, shit.

At the very least, they should be moved to a subforum. If creative writing for 5th graders is really that popular, that subforum should have no problem thriving and blossoming into its own ripe pile of manure.

As for Marky, you're starting to come off as disingenious and not very impartial here.

This post is a great example of a similar type of verbal diorrhea, you are actually complaining about..... :OMG:

But, as a user of this forum, it's within your rights to spew it out.

If I dislike it enough...... ignore. :)

To be fair, Rowling's work does, in many ways, resemble what we're discussing here. Trite, derivative and written for eight year olds. She's better on the magic, though. Perhaps Bjorn should consider inserting some wands into Dickie "The Dirt" Dirty?

Edit: Into the story of Dickie "The Dirt" Dirty.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

As someone who had one of these threads going for most of last year with Oompa Loompa. I think if they are in the general section then they need to be of a certain standard.

There would be a lot of people that don't read any of the other sections, so they lose that role-playing part of the game.

At the end of the day who gives a fuck about what gets posted and where.

• Upvote 3

To be fair, Rowling's work does, in many ways, resemble what we're discussing here. Trite, derivative and written for eight year olds. She's better on the magic, though. Perhaps Bjorn should consider inserting some wands into Dickie "The Dirt" Dirty?

Edit: Into the story of Dickie "The Dirt" Dirty.

This the type of shit I be talking bout when I say people be on here trying to bully people. This post is so disrespectful. Smh. I'm bout to call the based god and have him curse that ass, you keep saying disrespectful shit like this. Acting like Rowling ain't on her Drake. "OH My God, Oh My God, if I die imma legend."

• Upvote 3

Seems there are two 'factions' as it were, one for moving them and one against. You can't and never will please anyone.

At the moment i really do not understand what the point of the 'fighter interview' section of the forum is for. Isn't that the place for these fighter threads? Why can't you just re-name that sub-forum to something relevant 'Fighter interviews and career threads' and instead of making it a sub forum of fight organizations make it a sub forum of general game discussion.

If the people who are generally interested in reading people's fighter stories they know where to go, whereas at the minute people who are not interested in reading them find themselves going on the general game discussion with nothing but fighter stories they do not care about on them.

So imo create a new subforum on the general game discussion and move all the fighter stories etc. there. :graduated:

• Upvote 2

If your brain hurts from reading stuff from certain individuals, there might be a simple solution for that. How about avoiding their threads? :unsure: Isn't that a bit more fair, than requesting them to stop writing the way they are doing? Especially since they aren't attacking or hurting anyone.... Oh,, except your brain of course... :rolleyes:

If you bothered to read my post, you would see that I said fighter profiles and previews in the wrong place hurt my brain. So I'm to avoid looking at general game discussion? Just because I like to see things organized correctly?

• Upvote 1

How to avoid posting the same thing twice for a fighter and not being a S&W credit whore?

How about upon creating a new fighter thread, you post the original story and some basic informationg in your starting post. You reserve the 2nd post in your thread, and there you can EDIT in the links to every little smack talk you do outside of that thread. That way you can keep a collection of what you do for your specific fighter and it is easy for your 'followers' to see what you been upto by simply checking that specific post. This also prevents anyone from getting any excess spin and win credits by simply copy and pasting. I'd say after every ten links edited into that 2nd post, you can bump the thread if needed to get some attention to your fighter again.

That's one solution. The other I have is just making a new sub-forum, or rename the fighter interview section as TheWolf mentioned, and simply turn of the 'post count' in that particular section of the game and you can copy in whatever your litle hearts desire without raking in any credits.

Personally I like the first suggestion more as the threads in general discussion are more noticed to begin with - however with proper use of the new/re-named sub-forum it might become a hot spot too where everyone has a look daily.

Just my thoughts / suggestion

• Upvote 1

If you bothered to read my post, you would see that I said fighter profiles and previews in the wrong place hurt my brain. So I'm to avoid looking at general game discussion? Just because I like to see things organized correctly?

Just avoid to read whatever hurts you brain.

Read the rest, there is plenty of it. :)

My objections have nothing to do with where people post their stuff, as I could not care less.

However, I object to any notion of a "quality filter", based on individual opinions.

The best "quality filter" to use is the "ignore function", just like Igor is using on my posts.

Hate someones guts, can't stand to read his shit.... that's what ignore is for. ;)

• Downvote 2

Just avoid to read whatever hurts you brain. Read the rest, there is plenty of it. :) My objections have nothing to do with where people post their stuff, as I could not care less.However, I object to any notion of a "quality filter", based on individual opinions. The best "quality filter" to use is the "ignore function", just like Igor is using on my posts.Hate someones guts, can't stand to read his shit.... that's what ignore is for. ;)

I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing with you lol, you just go on and on and on.