Ancient Technology

Was there once an advanced civilization on Earth? I don't mean like the ancient Egyptians. I

mean a civilization that existed tens or even hundreds of thousands of years ago. A civilization

that achieved a level of technology roughly equivalent to our own, perhaps even more advanced in some fields

Why not? We as a species have existed for well over a million years. Our current civilization is

only about eight thousand years old. What is to say that in all of those hundreds of thousands of

years between the time man came into being and the beginning of our civilization that another

much older civilization did not exist.

Of course, the first objection that comes to mind is that it is hard to believe that such a civilization could have existed and leave absolutely no evidence of its existence. We should consider, however, that even large cities would be lost, disintegrated or covered over in just a few hundred years. After a few thousand years, there would be little left to find. We are not talking a few thousand years here, we are talking about tens of thousands of years. Still, you would think that SOMETHING would have survived. Well, maybe it did.

Stories may have been handed down. Technology may have been passed from generation to generation over the years and through the centuries and millennia. Much would have been lost, but some stories of a wondrous civilization may have survived. Some technology may have survived to be discovered by today's scientists and explorers. The problem is, would these scientists and explorers recognize the evidence when they found it?

Has anomalous technology been discovered? Do legends exist that contain information that is completely out of place for its time? The answer is yes.

Read the following prose and see if you can determine what is being described:

The American flying in his swift and powerful B-29, hurled against the cities of Hiroshima and

Nagasaki a single projectile charged with all the power of the universe. An incandescent

column of smoke and fire, as brilliant as ten thousand suns, rose in all its splendor. It was the

secret weapon, the iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the

entire population of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The corpses were so burnt they were no longer recognizable. Hair and finger nails fell out,

Pottery broke without cause. ... Foodstuffs were poisoned. To escape, the soldiers threw

themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment.

It is obvious that the above prose gives a somewhat poetic description of the nuclear bombing of the Japanese

cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki that brought World War II to a close. It goes on to accurately describe an

aftermath of battle that had never been experienced before; the symptoms of radiation sickness that affected many

of the survivors. It also describes the procedure of people washing fallout (radioactive dust) from their bodies and

possessions.

In reality the original story did not mention the Japanese cities or the Americans. I hope you will forgive me for

taking poetic license to point out the amazing accuracy of the original story.

The actual story was written down nearly two thousand years ago. It is in the Indian Mahabharata, a holy book

containing compilation of ancient stories and legends that were handed down by word of mouth from ancient times.

In it are described the Vimana (flying machines) of the Gods. It also describes wars between the Gods where

terrible weapons were used. Weapons that sound disturbingly like guided missiles, directed energy beam weapons,

directed particle beam weapons and, as you will see below, nuclear weapons. Following is the story as it was

actually written. Keep in mind; this story is thousands of years old.

Gurkha, flying in his swift and powerful Vimana, hurled against the three cities of the Vrishnis

and Andhakas a single projectile charged with all the power of the universe. An incandescent

column of smoke and fire, as brilliant as ten thousand suns, rose in all its splendor. It was the

unknown weapon, the iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes

the entire race of the Vrishnis and Andhakas.

The corpses were so burnt they were no longer recognizable. Hair and finger nails fell out,

Pottery broke without cause. ... Foodstuffs were poisoned. To escape, the warriors threw

themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment.

How can this story have existed thousands of years ago?

Coincidence?

Maybe, but it is certainly an astounding coincidence.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ever think that maybe some other civilization lived here and humans invaded the planet? Maybe because humans slaughtered the original inhabitants that they all banded together and in one final act erased the humans' memories. Then humans would never know where they came from while the original inhabitants sat back through time gaining strength until they were ready to take the planet back.

Check this out : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Something_Wicked_Saga

(scroll down to the "Story" part)

Humans landed here fleeing from Cylons, led by the last Battlestar.. Galactica. The Battlestar led a rag tag fugitive fleet on a lonely quest... Earth.

• Upvote 1

Read this...

For I know the plans I have for you, declares Simon Cowell, plans to prosper you and make an album,
plans to give you cash and a career. Then you will call upon me and come and sing to me, and I
will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek a producer with all your X-Factor.

X-Factor 2013

2013... OR... Is it?????

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I
will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

Yes! It was really written in the Bronze Age in the old testament!

All I did was change one or two words.

How can this story have existed thousands of years ago?

Coincidence?

Maybe, but it is certainly an astounding coincidence.

• Upvote 1

http://cloakedmonk.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/occams-razor-l.jpg

My point is that yes, it's a coincidence.

You're quote about living in the dark sure is ironic lol most if not all of the people that commented here are vapid as fuck.

You people really don't know shit

Neg this bitches

Humans landed here fleeing from Cylons, led by the last Battlestar.. Galactica. The Battlestar led a rag tag fugitive fleet on a lonely quest... Earth.

Bro... you also forgot the original humans created All Along The Watchtower.

To give the OP a serious post tho, no I don't think that there was some advanced civilization tens of thousands of years ago. It's hard to believe there would be no evidence of them existing plus the harsh climate that existed before humans' ancestors came to be.

Bro... you also forgot the original humans created All Along The Watchtower.

To give the OP a serious post tho, no I don't think that there was some advanced civilization tens of thousands of years ago. It's hard to believe there would be no evidence of them existing plus the harsh climate that existed before humans' ancestors came to be.

There is plenty of evidence! We have found tons of evidence, do some research.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

From what I have seen any evidence you are speaking of doesn't prove anything and is skeptical at best. Since this is a thread topic discussing this very thing you know a great deal about, why don't you enlighten me rather than harass everyone in the thread. I am skeptic, that doesn't make me a horrible person.

• Upvote 1

You're quote about living in the dark sure is ironic lol most if not all of the people that commented here are vapid as fuck.

You people really don't know shit

Neg this bitches

lmao

Who are 'we'? What kind of evidence have 'we' found? What kind of research are you talking about?

So far all you've done is present some highly circumstantial bullshit and interpreted it liberally, before throwing a childish temper tantrum once people disagreed with you instead of presenting the 'research' you're basing your ridiculous tinfoil hat conspiracy theories on. In a debate the burden of proof is on the guy making the controversial claims, which you clearly don't seem to understand.

Is it possible that there has existed highly advanced civilizations on Earth before? Sure. Is it possible that The Flintstones is based on a true story? Sure. Are you most likely full of shit and basing your retarded world view on shoddy 'research' and jerking off with a rope on your neck while watching Zeitgeist over and over again? Most likely.

• Upvote 3

Just to address a few of your key arguments in this rambling, incoherent mess before I'm off to work.

Why not? We as a species have existed for well over a million years. Our current civilization is
only about eight thousand years old. What is to say that in all of those hundreds of thousands of
years between the time man came into being and the beginning of our civilization that another
much older civilization did not exist.

False. The 'modern' human is approximately 100 000 years old. Your chronology is immediately off.

Of course, the first objection that comes to mind is that it is hard to believe that such a civilization could have existed and leave absolutely no evidence of its existence. We should consider, however, that even large cities would be lost, disintegrated or covered over in just a few hundred years. After a few thousand years, there would be little left to find. We are not talking a few thousand years here, we are talking about tens of thousands of years. Still, you would think that SOMETHING would have survived. Well, maybe it did.

Yes, that is one of many objections I have to this idea.

Stories may have been handed down. Technology may have been passed from generation to generation over the years and through the centuries and millennia. Much would have been lost, but some stories of a wondrous civilization may have survived. Some technology may have survived to be discovered by today's scientists and explorers. The problem is, would these scientists and explorers recognize the evidence when they found it?

So you (rightfully) assume that both stories and technology can (and will) be lost over time. However, at the same time you also assume that stories about the past can survive more or less unaltered? From a mnemohistorical point of view, orally transfered stories only survive for about 3 generations after they happened before either being lost or warped beyond all recognition. This can obviously be influenced by for example having a culture for putting great stock in memorizing stories word for word (like early Islamic oral transmissions), but 3 generations is still a decent baseline assumption. That's why ritualization is such a huge part of rememberance in most cultures. It is also why canonization of written or otherwise stored content or remnants is essential to attribute a sense of coherence and meaning to stories that exist outside of your (and your contemporaries') immediate historical context.

Even assuming that human beings in the stone age greatly valued oral transmissions about some lost golden age, they would still lack the context and semiotics to express and understand it properly. This would either lead the stories to be warped in order to maintain relevance or, most likely, be phased out in favor of more relevant stories. There's been done enough research on oral cultures, their transmissions and their world views for me to claim that this is likely.

The problem with your argument is mainly that it's flying in the face of over a hundred years of mnemohistoric studies and (based on that) tens of thousands of years of mnemotechnics.

Has anomalous technology been discovered? Do legends exist that contain information that is completely out of place for its time? The answer is yes.

Actually, the answer is 'we cannot know within the bounds of reason as we yet lack the evidence to prove it. Even if the absence of evidence doesn't completely disprove it, it's still highly unlikely and therefore being skeptical or otherwise dismissive of it is perfectly reasonable'.

Finally, your references to the Mahabharata reveal a profound lack of knowledge about literature. When Robert Oppenheimer saw the destruction of Hiroshima he famously quoted the Bahagvadghita, not because the text was about nukes but because allusions are a very powerful tool. In addition to proving how one can use allusions to earlier written works to provoke a reaction, the Oppenheimer example also prove that Hindu religious texts were part of the Western memory culture in the 1940s. It's entirely reasonable to assume that the description of the devastation following the nuclear bombings was colored by the Mahabharata instead of the Mahabharata being written about a similar incident.

To summarize, my argument that you're full of shit builds on a strong, scientific, mnemohistorical tradition. What's YOUR sources?
  • Upvote 3

I believe without question that advanced life was on this planet far longer then our governments will allow us to ever know.

If the true of our planets history was exposed all religion would change and humans can not handle a world without an idea of a god to keep them in line and protected

I read people asking for proof, it's everywhere. Open your eyes and minds and you will find plenty of facts that are shocking.

I believe without question that advanced life was on this planet far longer then our governments will allow us to ever know.

If the true of our planets history was exposed all religion would change and humans can not handle a world without an idea of a god to keep them in line and protected

I read people asking for proof, it's everywhere. Open your eyes and minds and you will find plenty of facts that are shocking.

OPEN YOUR EYES SHEEPLE

sounds like the conspiracy guy from the Tommy Toe Hold Show

So you don't have any evidence except your compulsive need to feel special then? Cool.

The only eye you've opened is apparently the brown eye.

• Upvote 1

There is already plenty of evidence out there to disprove most religions without resorting to government conspiracy theories. People are just blind or just full of faith in the God they chose to worship.

Taking the man conspiracies a little far meow.

A magical unicorn alien created us all, his name was UniConor

You bastard, you carry the secrets of the universe and refuse to share them all.