The new UFC uniforms

skull

I almost bought a Dan Henderson shirt on a whim once. I didn't though which turned out for the best since I ran into Michael Bisping not five minutes later. Tiki was sulking in the background and Alex Reid crashed our conversation pestering Mike for his phone number. Good times.

Bellator just staged Shamrock vs Slice and you want us to believe they should be taken seriously? This is after picking up retreads like Daly, Tito, Grove and now Koshchek. Bellator is shit and has turned into a joke... up and coming fighters are being tossed to the side so we can see brilliance like Shamrock vs Slice and Ortiz vs Bonnar.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bellator just staged Shamrock vs Slice and you want us to believe they should be taken seriously? This is after picking up retreads like Daly, Tito, Grove and now Koshchek. Bellator is shit and has turned into a joke... up and coming fighters are being tossed to the side so we can see brilliance like Shamrock vs Slice and Ortiz vs Bonnar.

CM Punk is going to fight in the UFC. QED.

bro look at who is currently running Bellator ....Scott Coker who ran Strikeforce and is known to create wild events based on popularity because his main gameplan is to bring viewers over to watch the organization and the Kimbo v. Shamrock event did bring tremendous viewers for bellator, main cards which were some very great fights if you watched it or not, and just remember this is a business and money is the goal

how is that more legitimate? CM Punk hasn't had an MMA fight in his entire life not even an amateur bout...how is that more legitimate then two old heads getting in the octagon with actual MMA records?

CM Punks fight won't be rigged

You sure about that? I wouldn't be surprised if they cherry pick him fights against noobs and then give him a title shot. Connor McGinger did the same thing, look at all the muney he brought to the ufc.

• Downvote 2

It hasn't happened yet, so who are you to predict that? and who are you to say the Kimbo v. Shamrock fight was rigged?

don't down Bellator for trying its hardest to get themselves on the map as the dominant MMA organization...other then that fight name any other fight from Bellator you believe was rigged?

You sure about that? I wouldn't be surprised if they cherry pick him fights against noobs and then give him a title shot. Connor McGinger did the same thing, look at all the muney he brought to the ufc.

Huge difference between cherry picking and outright rigged... like Kimbo and Shamrock.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Huge difference between cherry picking and outright rigged... like Kimbo and Shamrock.

Not that huge of a difference. And do you have any proof that it was fixed? It's sketchy, but it might be easily explained by their age. They didn't train for a long time and probably forgot a thing or two about fighting.

• Downvote 1

It hasn't happened yet, so who are you to predict that? and who are you to say the Kimbo v. Shamrock fight was rigged?

don't down Bellator for trying its hardest to get themselves on the map as the dominant MMA organization...other then that fight name any other fight from Bellator you believe was rigged?

Who am I? Oh someone who has watched MMA for years and can recognize talking in a hug-a-thon with neither fighter trying to actually do anything. About the only thing Bellaturd will dominate is the WWE MMA audience. What does it matter if Bellaturd rigged another fight or not? I guess once is acceptable in the fan bois minds.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

http://fightland.vice.com/blog/kimbo-slice-versus-ken-shamrock-anatomy-of-a-fixed-fight

The first factor which has been discussed is the long, largely strike-free clinch between the two men. Joe Rogan observed that the two men were mouth-to-ear for a long while. Certainly, this is the point of tie ups and rest holds in professional wrestling: to communicate the next exchange or a turn in a bout. We can class this as evidence to the idea of the bout being a work with both men co-operating.

The second factor which surprised many was how easily Shamrock got Slice down. It is worth considering that Slice's knees are ruined and he never adapted to the grappling game all that well anyway. In fact, Shamrock might be the best wrestler Slice has ever faced. How sad is that?

The third facet which is considered tremendously suspicious is what Shamrock did with back control once he easily took it. He stretched Slice out and proceeded to throw no strikes. He instead looked to camel clutch and get his arm under Kimbo's chin. It seemed at several points as though anyone who wasn't Shamrock would have finished the choke and that Slice was doing little to defend. This is evidence to the idea of a dive—because clearly Slice was floundering, many think that Shamrock let Slice off the hook in order to fall down like he was supposed to later on.

And this is hilarious:

Yet it's pointless asking that question, this fight wasn't for the rational or educated fan. This was the bearded lady or the lobster boy. Just a freak show to get people in the door and to grab the ratings. Another Mickey Rourke versus homeless man.

Bellaturd... the WWE of MMA.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1. Once again, they're old. And did they actually talk?

2. Slice and grappling? Oh come on, he's a terrible grappler, he probably doesn't even know what a sprawl is.

3. Shamrock is a submission guy, he never trained GNP and he probably didn't now at this age.

4. I don't say it was a good fight, or that it was even a watch worthy, but to say that it was fixed without actual proof is wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

you know what that's it I am just going to ask for evidence for your claim...is there anybody that was involved with the fight that said the fight was rigged?