Happiest you've ever been with a fight outcome?

TJ looked almost identical to Cruz that last fight the way he moved, it was insane.

I say Cruz WAS the better fighter, but knee injuries over and over can't be overlooked.. 60/40 Dillashaw if it happened, they shouldnt make Cruz fight beforehand IMO...but I don't know if Cruz can even make a return at this point, and if he does, I take Dillashaw 2nd rd high kick TKO..

Honestly, I'm not a fan of either fighter whatsoever, but they are both amazing and this fight needs to happen soon!

Cruz' and TJ are way different in that TJ sometimes sits down on his punches and murders people. Cruz may have more power but he never gets to show it because he's constantly off balance (Mizugaki fight nonwithstanding).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Cruz' and TJ are way different in that TJ sometimes sits down on his punches and murders people. Cruz may have more power but he never gets to show it because he's constantly off balance (Mizugaki fight nonwithstanding).

In an interview after he beat Mizugaki he made fun of himself for nothing being able to finish guys, it's quite funny.. TJ I think is trying to mimic Cruz' footwork and movement, but I'd say TJ has more power, or at least yeah like you said he throws more power shots anyways good point.

Can't wait to see if and when this fight happens.

The fight won't happen as Cruz will be injured again and if it happens, TJ will win easily. I wasn't impressed as much as most people with Cruz his last win.

Easily though?

Hard to take that as fact..bold statement

Cruz/Mizugaki was one of the single most impressive performances I've seen in my life. I have no idea how that didn't blow everyone who watched it out of the water.

With that being said I think TJ is a nightmare matchup for Cruz. Good TDD, good ability to scramble back to his feet, can probably hang with him footwork wise and has the kicking game to really limit Cruz' movement.

• Upvote 1

Cruz/Mizugaki was one of the single most impressive performances I've seen in my life. I have no idea how that didn't blow everyone who watched it out of the water.

With that being said I think TJ is a nightmare matchup for Cruz. Good TDD, good ability to scramble back to his feet, can probably hang with him footwork wise and has the kicking game to really limit Cruz' movement.

People always underestimate Mizugaki I guess. Mizugaki is a solid top 10 who is tough as nail and skilled standing and on the ground. Also considering Cruz' finishing ability and intention in his past fights it is a huge surprise that Cruz finished the fight that quick.

I believe TJ would be a toughest test in Cruz' career. Like what you said. Cruz would be forced to stand and trade with TJ, who dominated Barao on the feet twice. Lets dont forget Cruz got dropped several times by Faber.

People always underestimate Mizugaki I guess. Mizugaki is a solid top 10 who is tough as nail and skilled standing and on the ground. Also considering Cruz' finishing ability and intention in his past fights it is a huge surprise that Cruz finished the fight that quick.

I believe TJ would be a toughest test in Cruz' career. Like what you said. Cruz would be forced to stand and trade with TJ, who dominated Barao on the feet twice. Lets dont forget Cruz got dropped several times by Faber.

I truly believe still to this day Faber won that fight.

I thought Cruz looked way heavier on top which allowed him to get some real leverage into his ground strikes for once. In his earlier fights his top game have been a non factor iirc. He took down MM a bunch of times (including a badass suplex) but he couldn't keep him down for example. Still, that fight was fucking insane. Jesus Christ I still can't believe he flattened Mizugaki like that.

• Upvote 1

Mizaguki isn't exactly a top notch fighter, but no one has ever run through him like Cruz did. I was highly impressed with his comeback victory, i was worried his movement would be hindered but with the fight being only 40 seconds we didnt get to see too much of it, but the bits we did see he looked good. No one just crushes Mizaguki like he did, when he comes back it will be very interesting to see if he can stay healthy and challenge TJ, that fight will be insane. I'd still like to see Barao vs Cruz as well

• Upvote 1

I just rewatched the Cruz vs Mizaguki fight. He looked good, but not that amazing. His movement is awkward and that's not bad at all, but he is off balance a lot of the time and if he would get caught then, he would be in big trouble. TJ seems like a far better fighter at this point and wouldn't have much trouble getting past Cruz I think. I am not a huge fan of Cruz, but I think it sucks for the sport that he is injured that much and I wish him a healthy new career. I have had some injuries in sports in the past as well and it sucks when you are trying to give it your all. I hope to see him back and healthy soon, but Barao and TJ would have little trouble with him.

Mizaguki isn't exactly a top notch fighter, but no one has ever run through him like Cruz did. I was highly impressed with his comeback victory, i was worried his movement would be hindered but with the fight being only 40 seconds we didnt get to see too much of it, but the bits we did see he looked good. No one just crushes Mizaguki like he did, when he comes back it will be very interesting to see if he can stay healthy and challenge TJ, that fight will be insane. I'd still like to see Barao vs Cruz as well

Cruz vs Barao is the fight I want as well, that would be a barn burner.. Hopefully Barao can figure his shit out, and he's not totally spent already.

I just rewatched the Cruz vs Mizaguki fight. He looked good, but not that amazing. His movement is awkward and that's not bad at all, but he is off balance a lot of the time and if he would get caught then, he would be in big trouble. TJ seems like a far better fighter at this point and wouldn't have much trouble getting past Cruz I think. I am not a huge fan of Cruz, but I think it sucks for the sport that he is injured that much and I wish him a healthy new career. I have had some injuries in sports in the past as well and it sucks when you are trying to give it your all. I hope to see him back and healthy soon, but Barao and TJ would have little trouble with him.

Cruz is always off balance. That's why he has trouble putting people away and that's why Faber kept dropping him. What was impressive was how his top game looked compared to earlier fights.

145 would be the smartest move for Barao.. He is amazing but either his body is shot from competition, or just 135 is too much on his body and performance.. Hope 145 can bring back his true Championship potential, but he'd never want to go close to the title if Aldo had it.

Yeah you need to rewatch that bro.

Okay okay I watched it..

You could easily give Faber rounds 1, 2 and 4, they were extremely close rounds.

I see how you scored it 50-45. Cruz took 2 rounds handily and IMO Faber could have taken it for sure.. Close than I remember though I'll give you that, I was sure Faber was robbed.

I am going to re re watch it again, it was a great fight.. The crowd roar when Faber got that knockdown in the first was deafening

Okay okay I watched it..

You could easily give Faber rounds 1, 2 and 4, they were extremely close rounds.

I see how you scored it 50-45. Cruz took 2 rounds handily and IMO Faber could have taken it for sure.. Close than I remember though I'll give you that, I was sure Faber was robbed.

I am going to re re watch it again, it was a great fight.. The crowd roar when Faber got that knockdown in the first was deafening

Actually I need to rewatch it too lol maybe I was biased.

Edit: I cant find any videos of this fight?

• 1 month later...

In no particular order: Mir knocking out Nog, Mir breaking Nog's arm, Dillashaw winning title from Barao, Dillashaw TKO'ing Barao on the rematch, Brock Lesnar's arm triangle submission of Carwin after getting beat up the first round, Royce Gracie's corner throwing in the towel vs Kazushi Sakuraba, Weidman KO'ing Anderson Silva, Randy Couture beating Chuck Liddell mostly with his boxing, Nog submitting Sapp after getting power bombed and otherwise having the holy shit beat out of him, Yoel Romero beating Machida, Matt Hughes submitting GSP by armbar, McGregor beating Mendez, Royce Gracie triangling Dan Severn when no one knew what a triangle choke was, Johnny Hendricks beating GSP (BEFORE the decision was announced).

• Downvote 3