WWE

kenlow73

Don't worry ROH is going to be replacing TNA soon (at least on American tv networks) and if you actually enjoy the wrestling aspect of Pro wrestling watch WWE's NXT. Definitely worth watching a few times. Loaded with talent that can actually wrestle (with the exception of a few) and storylines are replaced with rivalries that last no longer than two months.

People give said "few" too hard a wrap. Yeah sure, Roman Reigns and Baron Dorbin aren't indie guys, but yesterday I watched a match between BT Gunn and Bad Bones that would pale in comparison to anyone from NXT. So yeah, anyone "signed" I'm a fan of.

I hope ROH replaces TNA cause I have a crazy background. I watched WWE from whenever Brutus Barber Beefcake was going until 2003. When I moved. I picked up again in 2008. I didnt know TNA was on Bravo in the UK and being an MMA fan, I watched The Fight Network. ROH was on a lot, and I was memorised by Punk Vs Samoa Joe. I watched "some" of ROH since but really I'd love ROH to get a bit of spotlight cause any company that can say "Right, these tag champs, lets make both contenders" have their eye on the ball..

I'm watching a different series with a former NXT wrestler, Big Brother. Austin on this season was Judas in NXT and one of the people to complain about Bill DeMott publicly.

People give said "few" too hard a wrap. Yeah sure, Roman Reigns and Baron Dorbin aren't indie guys, but yesterday I watched a match between BT Gunn and Bad Bones that would pale in comparison to anyone from NXT. So yeah, anyone "signed" I'm a fan of.

I have no doubt. I know most of the NXT roster has wrestled at ROH at one point or another and only proves that WWE clearly doesn't have the best "wrestlers" in the world.

Nothing is going to change in the WWE philosophy until Vince either retires and hands full control to Triple H (who is giving most of the "independent" guys a chance) or he dies. Vince is in his own head about what he thinks the fans want and hasn't been right for about 10 years. Ziggler, Cesaro, Kevin Owens (or Steen which ever you prefer), Wyatt, Harper, hell even Cody Rhodes/Stardust are guys fans want to get behind that Vince buries because they don't fit "his type".

Sorry for taking this way off topic, but I think the Benoit thing has been explained over and over that it is easily the worst thing in Pro Wrestling history ever since it happened. It will be very hard for anything to ever become worse then what he did to innocent people, let alone his family members.

I like John Cena's role to be honest. Remember when Daniel Bryan beat him clean? That felt HUGE. By making him always win, they have that little gap where wrestlers look special if they beat him fair. The only things I disagreed with are burying Kane on his return, burying Brock Lesnar on his return and beating The Rock just one year later.

Cody Rhodes imo should get an amazing comeback and instantly be important. He should come back and win the US Title, one which his dad and Goldust has won before in NWA and WCW, and then make it mean something. He can lose it in a big match with lots of people, and then get pushed to the title as a face.

The thing fans dont get though is that the likes of Cesaro just arent good enough to get that push. Cesaro's a cool guy and a tremendous wrestler but he doesnt have the appeal to carry a company forward. Harper's the same.

The thing fans dont get though is that the likes of Cesaro just arent good enough to get that push. Cesaro's a cool guy and a tremendous wrestler but he doesnt have the appeal to carry a company forward. Harper's the same.

The problem with Cesaro is while he has the in-ring ability, his mic skills and gimmick, or lack of, hold him back from being a top guy. Harper on the other hand could be a guy that doesn't have to say a lot, but be an intimidating guy similar to how Kane was when he debuted. All of that being said, unless Cesaro and Harper get someone to do the mic work for them, they will continue to be a mid-card guys.

The problem with Cesaro is while he has the in-ring ability, his mic skills and gimmick, or lack of, hold him back from being a top guy. Harper on the other hand could be a guy that doesn't have to say a lot, but be an intimidating guy similar to how Kane was when he debuted. All of that being said, unless Cesaro and Harper get someone to do the mic work for them, they will continue to be a mid-card guys.

Why did Cesaro's run w/ Heyman end so quickly? I thought that was exactly what he needed tbh was a mouthpiece

Why did Cesaro's run w/ Heyman end so quickly? I thought that was exactly what he needed tbh was a mouthpiece

The big problem with that was Cesaro just started to get the crowd behind him and then boom he's a Heyman guy. Then Lesnar made his return and he was buried behind him as Heyman was put solely behind Lesnar.

Heyman's not a ticket to the moon. Ask Axel and Ryback as well. Cesaro started to get over as a tag team guy, they made him singles, then realized he didn't really have a future in singles. I think he's the perfect tag team wrestler.

Harper is a big guy and solid in the ring but I don't think he could be as scary as Kane. Kane had everything. Is said to be the safest wrestler all time, looks ridiculously intimidating in his first attire and he is probably the funniest wrestler of all time.

The problem with putting Cesaro with Heyman is they had no real back story. Heyman with Lesnar works, because everyone knows they have history, the same as it was with CM Punk. That's why you could see Heyman with either guy and not question it. But having a new client in Cesaro, and seeing Heyman with someone he hasn't had previous with didn't make sense.

He is a pure wrestler, and putting him with another pure wrestler type in Tyson Kidd was perfect, especially as their styles played off each other perfectly. It is a shame that Kidd suffered that horrific injury, but hopefully Cesaro can show he has what it takes to be a main event guy.

I do think Harper needs a bit of character transformation to have a singles run, but for now, having him affiliated with Bray Wyatt suits him particularly given how over they were.

and I agree with Clydebankblitz/QueensProperty, Kane is definitely one of the best of all time. He quite literally had everything. A great backstory, solid in ring work, he could cut a promo, and caused almost no injuries throughout his career to others. His style was also such that he performed well in a tag team, and as a singles competitor. A lot like The Undertaker though, his work didn't really result in as many world title runs as he deserved. I'm still hoping we have one more Masked Kane run before he retires.

None of us feel bad for him, he did what he did and he is facing the backlash for it. Majority of the comments are about WWE's reaction to it, not about what is happening to Hulk personally. Odds are, he will face this kind of treatment from the WWE for the next couple of years before they drop it.

He is a pure wrestler, and putting him with another pure wrestler type in Tyson Kidd was perfect, especially as their styles played off each other perfectly. It is a shame that Kidd suffered that horrific injury, but hopefully Cesaro can show he has what it takes to be a main event guy.

I haven't had a chance to watch Cesaro and Kidd together. I've heard good things, so hopefully it works out.

Tag team division as a whole has come a long way over the last few years. The last 4-5 years it felt like it was the same 2-3 teams facing each other for the titles, but now it seem like there are a number of teams that could be pushed at any time.

Uso's - When which ever one is hurt returns, will clearly never be serious singles competitors since breaking up twins is hard.

New Day - Gimmick needs a touch up. Still wish they had brought back the Nation of Domination.

Lucha Dragons - Luchador style is always entertaining and I'm sure they will be multiple time champs because they are kid friendly.

Goldust & Stardust - I know they're on again off again, but they work well and I could see another run to honor their dad.

Prime Time Players - Titus looked completely directionless when Young was out with injuries, this is much better.

Los Matadores - A mix of luchador and traditional wrestling is nice, won't be pushed, but you have to have the in between guys.

Harper & Rowan - This team really needs to be put back together when Rowan returns otherwise these two are going nowhere.

Ascension - Talk about a team that had it all in NXT and has quite panned out in the big leagues, need a non-road warriors gimmick.

Sandow & Axel - Assuming they are still together after the Hogan issue, these two could actually be entertaining instead of a joke.

Cesaro & Kidd - Two legit wrestlers that have the ability to be loved and hated at the same time.

Waiting in the wings in NXT..............

Vaudevillains - Give them a little more time together and these two could turn into a solid team that fans will enjoy.

Colin Cassady & Enzo Amore - These two will be the tag team version Santino with the mic, but with more in-ring talent.

Zack Ryder & Mojo Rawley - If they stay together this could be a team loaded with tons of energy and crowd excitement.

Blake & Murphy - Probably won't make the big time without a gimmick, but nice in-ring work.

Another team to look out for is Jason Jordan and Chad Gable. Only had one match on TV but from reports on house shows, they have great chemistry and both have a wrestling background. Could be the new version of "The World's Greatest Tag Team" (Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin)

Great crowd excitement from Mojo Rawley? He'll get booed out of the arena if he ever debuts.

I'd like to see more NXT guys come up as tag teams. Neville's doing pretty bad on the main roster because without clear cut storylines for him, WWE fans don't really care about his in ring abilities. Tag teams are easily to get involved and can allow the members to develop more fluidly without a lot of attention on them.

I'm LOVING Lucha Underground for the first 6 episodes. Can you imagine WWE having a great storyline between John Morrison and Ezekiel Jackson? Great work by them all. Plus, they can really make the masks work without it looking cheesy and stupid.

Another team to look out for is Jason Jordan and Chad Gable. Only had one match on TV but from reports on house shows, they have great chemistry and both have a wrestling background. Could be the new version of "The World's Greatest Tag Team" (Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin)

Haven't caught up on NXT yet where they have teamed up (getting close because of all the backstage scenes with the two), but both are natural athletes, so wouldn't surprise me to see those two make it eventually.

Great crowd excitement from Mojo Rawley? He'll get booed out of the arena if he ever debuts.

I'd like to see more NXT guys come up as tag teams. Neville's doing pretty bad on the main roster because without clear cut storylines for him, WWE fans don't really care about his in ring abilities. Tag teams are easily to get involved and can allow the members to develop more fluidly without a lot of attention on them.

I'm LOVING Lucha Underground for the first 6 episodes. Can you imagine WWE having a great storyline between John Morrison and Ezekiel Jackson? Great work by them all. Plus, they can really make the masks work without it looking cheesy and stupid.

If Rawley and Ryder stay together they will be a hit with the kids, so yes, his energy will bring excitement. Didn't say his in-ring work would, but you know Vince always looks for that cheap pop from the crowd (and kids on Smackdown).

Neville is running into the same problem as Ascension and they are called up, but not given any sort of storyline so the end up buried. Plus his mic work isn't exactly the greatest, so tag team is really where he needs to be. Although, he could have a decent thing going with the Bo Dallas feud as those two know each other very well from their days in NXT.

I am a little disappointed that the only way I can get Lucha Underground where I live is in Spanish. Unless it happens to be on Hulu. I completely agree with the masks.

All I've really seen of Sandow and Axel is the Superpowers rip off and if they're still doing that, it's over because WWE is killing Axelmania because of the Hogan thing.

Yeah there is fuck all chance of Axel keeping that gimmick following this. Knock on effect means Sandow will be dropping his Macho Man gimmick too.

Speaking of which, Sandow was one of the most over wrestlers they had following his run with The Miz, he is another guy that seems to have disappeared