Transitions not increasing despite sparring Wrestling.

Bwang

I know Mike is aware of this but I'm not sure if it's near the top of his to-do list. I think it's a very important mistake to be fixed.

To train transitions you need a coach with Wrestling and BJJ. But there are no gains made in Transitions when Wrestling is sparred.

A common bug bear is the extra points gained in Elbows and Knees due to sparring Muay Thai. I'd definitely appreciate a Transitions boost too.

Sparring Wrestling at the moment gives gains to Takedown Offence and Defense and a smaller amount to Ground and Pound and a smaller amount to Defensive Grappling, but nothing to Transitions. Here's my fighter Johnny Heimlich's Tycoon Assistant data to show it:

http://i60.tinypic.com/2hx7kfd.jpg

Edit: there should be a submission boost as well. And escapes.

• Upvote 1

yeah i need to add this. it was an oversight that it doesnt increase as a secondary from wrestling but i might try and get that sorted today.

I was not aware, I thought wrestling contributed to this quite a bit.

That would be a great addition if it's a small enough change to not cause you too much hastle :)

I haven't really seen much of a problem, one of my guys has 19 Transition classes with 0 sessions in both Wrestling and BJJ sparring and has Respectable+. I haven't tested his learning speed but I guess it's alright.

that's a reasonable learning speed. but my point was from the other way round - only sparring wrestling should boost the relevant secondaries, which is transitions and subs and escapes (as well as the ones it does do: def grap, tkds and tkd def).

• Upvote 1