UFC HW Title Picture

BlakePhoenix

Obviously most of us feel that Velasquez getting an immediate rematch vs Werdum is B.S.

What do you want to see instead?

Personally, I think Dos Santos and Arlovski should fight each other and the winner gets Werdum. My reasoning is that Dos & Arlovski are the 2 highest ranked fighters that have previously beaten Werdum's ass.

Honestly, I think that if Alistair Overeem came in with good conditioning and a Greg Jackson game plan that Overeem would beat Werdum again too. That doesn't mean I think Reem deserves the shot yet, but it would be fun to watch.

Don't sit on Mir... If he beats Arlovski he is in the hunt. You have someone with one of the best ground games who has improved his striking and effectively using the power he has, very dangerous fighter. This Arlovski fight is intriguing.

Yeah, Mir is definatly on the rise after the short amount of time it took him to end his last fight.

• Upvote 2

I say Arlovski or JDS should have been next for sure.

BUT.....JDS, the Arlovski/Mir winner(either one), Overeem, Rothwell/Stipe winner(either one) can get a Title shot at the winner of Werdum/Cain next.

Hunt/Bigfoot will produce fireworks and potentially put one of them back in the slight edge of the title picture.

I'm not agree with that where fighter coming from loss get title shot. Now we have Cain who is former champ but better will be if he can get other fight and then with win or two get another title shot. Other fighter must too much wait for title shot but other can too easy get

Completley agreed,but I really like Ptrek25's idea.

Just give Roy Nelson a title shot....at least he would FIGHT for the godamn title

does he actually fight now? Back in TUF he used to just lay on guys and suffucate them with his gut

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

This conversation shows how shallow the HW division actually is. Like a circle jerk on a small island these guys have all fought each other too many times. 40+ year old Fedor with ringrust and years of retirement would decimate half the HW division and stands a fighting chance with the rest.

does he actually fight now? Back in TUF he used to just lay on guys and suffucate them with his gut

You're a moron. Please don't base your "MMA Knowledge" off of TUF. Dig a little deeper buddy.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I think it's that most athletic big guys that could make it in MMA go into the sports where they can make more money, American Football etc.

The HW division has always been a really weak division in the UFC, sure it's had some really memorable champions but imo it will always be a select few who dominate at the top of the HW division whilst the rest are typical HW's who gas within 1 round if they can't land a haymaker.

Theres probably 200-300 guys in the NFL who are far superior athletically to Cain/Stipe/Browne (probably the best three athletes at HW) and would fight at HW had they pursued an MMA career. There is just too much money for these guys in the NFL where even the last guy on an NFL roster is making around 400k a year. With how the Reebok deal has cut the pay of the bottom of the UFC roster I dont think it will ever change.

I would expect that HW will probably always be dominated by Russians and Brazillians along with the occasional American Collegiate wrestler.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Theres probably 200-300 guys in the NFL who are far superior athletically to Cain/Stipe/Browne (probably the best three athletes at HW) and would fight at HW had they pursued an MMA career. There is just too much money for these guys in the NFL where even the last guy on an NFL roster is making around 400k a year. With how the Reebok deal has cut the pay of the bottom of the UFC roster I dont think it will ever change.

I would expect that HW will probably always be dominated by Russians and Brazillians along with the occasional American Collegiate wrestler.

No one is arguing that. LHW would be dominated in a similar fashion. Possibly MW too when you consider Defensive Backs, Running Backs, and Wide Receivers.

Superior athletically with the juice on, with ufc politics against drugs zero nfc players would pass ufc test. Mma and nfl don't need the same kind of athtlticity anyway.

• Upvote 1

Superior athletically with the juice on, with ufc politics against drugs zero nfc players would pass ufc test. Mma and nfl don't need the same kind of athtlticity anyway.

Before the UFC made the last change in its drug policy it was common knowledge that the majority of fighters were using some sort of PED (steroids, TRT, etc..). I dont know the specifics of each's policy, but I imagine that the UFC is just now getting to the same level of PED testing as the NFL, which is actually pretty strict (except in the offseason, but they still do randoms then).

Your second comment makes absolutely no sense. Great athletes are great athletes in any sport. The size, speed and strength combination that gets a guy an NFL contract would directly translate over to MMA. I can name more than a few fighters who have advanced very far in the UFC just on the basis of superior athleticism who arent technically skilled fighters at all.

Before the UFC made the last change in its drug policy it was common knowledge that the majority of fighters were using some sort of PED (steroids, TRT, etc..). I dont know the specifics of each's policy, but I imagine that the UFC is just now getting to the same level of PED testing as the NFL, which is actually pretty strict (except in the offseason, but they still do randoms then).

Your second comment makes absolutely no sense. Great athletes are great athletes in any sport. The size, speed and strength combination that gets a guy an NFL contract would directly translate over to MMA. I can name more than a few fighters who have advanced very far in the UFC just on the basis of superior athleticism who arent technically skilled fighters at all.

Exactly. Some people are just naturally gifted athletes and can use those god-given characteristics in many sports. A guy that has insane speed, flex, agility etc can do a ton of sports at high level if he can master the skills as well. Great athletes pick up new sports a lot faster than normal guy.

1) NFL testing policy is to punish athlete that use drugs at their will, 100% of NFL players use drugs. Teenager in good club already use drugs these guys at 15yo catch a bar with 300lbs on it on the bench press after their teamate droped it from 1 meter uper them and that's only one of their exercice when they go to the gym. If you think they can do this naturally ur just retarded.

2) You probably never did any sport like american football, I made boxing and rugby, I did international rugby tourney when I was a teenager, later on I did muay thai and lot of boxing, even with huge cardio from boxing I could move fast on a ring but when I tried back rugby I was way slower. You just don't move the same way at all.

I can name more fighter than you with shit athleticism (like nfl athleticism) who still managed to move far in combat sports.

Sure some guy who had 25yo and 10 years of steroid use can do well in lot of sports with this ped advantage.

1) NFL testing policy is to punish athlete that use drugs at their will, 100% of NFL players use drugs. Teenager in good club already use drugs these guys at 15yo catch a bar with 300lbs on it on the bench press after their teamate droped it from 1 meter uper them and that's only one of their exercice when they go to the gym. If you think they can do this naturally ur just retarded.

2) You probably never did any sport like american football, I made boxing and rugby, I did international rugby tourney when I was a teenager, later on I did muay thai and lot of boxing, even with huge cardio from boxing I could move fast on a ring but when I tried back rugby I was way slower. You just don't move the same way at all.

I can name more fighter than you with shit athleticism (like nfl athleticism) who still managed to move far in combat sports.

Sure some guy who had 25yo and 10 years of steroid use can do well in lot of sports with this ped advantage.

lol

Nice troll attempt. +1