UFC hates Dustin Poirier!

BlakePhoenix

Dustin gets opportunities ya know and they are giving him another opportunity by giving him Joseph Duffy ....this will test his skill for another time against a talented fighter

And they're letting him main event it...I don't think that's hate lmao

Dustin is much more scary at Lightweight. Much more power now, and I would like to go with Joe, but I think he's getting knocked out, possibly Round 1. Dustin is a veteran, while Joe had two UFC fights against undercard fighters. Well, most of you will start saying that McGregor fought only undercard guys before Dustin too, but that was fucking McGregor!! You shouldn't underestimate Poirier just for that fight, he's even better at Lightweight in my eyes, is much more experienced, and that zombie type movement of Joe really looks cool for me when he's against undercard fighters, but it's Poirier's fight all over.

P.S. Look at poiriers last two fights at since his return to Lightweight - one of them is a 1st round KO against Carlos Diego Ferreira (now 11-2) and other was 1st round TKO against Yancy Medeiros (now 11-3).

You make it sound like he lost the fight with McGregor, moved up in weight and was given Duffy right away. He lost vs McGregor, won 2 fights getting Performance of the Night for both and is now the main event. He's bouncing back and it's a good business move to give him Duffy, he has some talk behind him since he beat McGregor in the past so a win here for either man will do wonders for them.

You make it sound like he lost the fight with McGregor, moved up in weight and was given Duffy right away. He lost vs McGregor, won 2 fights getting Performance of the Night for both and is now the main event. He's bouncing back and it's a good business move to give him Duffy, he has some talk behind him since he beat McGregor in the past so a win here for either man will do wonders for them.

And, for typical fans that like MMA math this will be like:

McGregor defeated Poirier

Duffy defeated McGregor

Poirier defeated Duffy - that must mean he's ready for McGregor again!

And the casuals will make Poirier interesting again!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Poirier is on top of the world, both Poirier and Duffy are doing alright but need something to really push them forward - that's how I see this fight, both fighters need each others name to help establish themselves in the division where I'd expect the winner to start getting the chance to see some top fights.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Poirier is on top of the world, both Poirier and Duffy are doing alright but need something to really push them forward - that's how I see this fight, both fighters need each others name to help establish themselves in the division where I'd expect the winner to start getting the chance to see some top fights.

100% agreed. Let's not forget they both dominated those scrubs. This fight is just a step up in competition for both

Why are you guys doubting Dustin here?

Joseph Duffy's looked really good...against Jake Lindsey and Ivan Jorge.

I'd say Carlos Diego Ferreira and Yancy Medeiros are a decent bump up from Lindsey and Jorge, and to add to that I'd say Poirier looked more impressive in those fights than Duffy has in his.

I'm gonna be rooting for Joseph Duffy, as I pretty much root for anyone that came from Cage Warriors. I was wanting to go to this card but my bro pulled out at the last minute (not in a gay way, and I mean actual brother not douche american gym bro).

Poirier is easily the favourite for me though. Duffy will have to show us another level, which he very well might, where as Poirier has a chance of winning and showing us nothing new.

• Upvote 2

I'd say Carlos Diego Ferreira and Yancy Medeiros are a decent bump up from Lindsey and Jorge, and to add to that I'd say Poirier looked more impressive in those fights than Duffy has in his.

I'm gonna be rooting for Joseph Duffy, as I pretty much root for anyone that came from Cage Warriors. I was wanting to go to this card but my bro pulled out at the last minute (not in a gay way, and I mean actual brother not douche american gym bro).

Poirier is easily the favourite for me though. Duffy will have to show us another level, which he very well might, where as Poirier has a chance of winning and showing us nothing new.

This. +1.

Carlos Diego Ferreira and Yancy Medeiros are not bums.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This. +1.

Carlos Diego Ferreira and Yancy Medeiros are not bums.

Yancy Medeiros: 2-3 (1NC) inside the UFC.

Carlos Diego: 2-2 inside the UFC.

Smells like bums.

duffy has fought bums as well.

• Downvote 2

Carlos Diego loses to Beneil Dariush and Porier so he is a bum? Get outta here he beat Ramsey Nijem and is 11-2.

Yancy has always had tons of potential he just doesn't seem to show it. Khabilov loss was by fluke injury, then he beat Yves and had weed in his system so they took the W away, we all know he won. He beat Proctor and undefeated before that Damon Jackson.

You guys are haters, they are not bums.

Put on a paid of gloves and go in there, actually fight, then call them a bum I dare you.

A loss or two in the best org in the world doesn't make you a bum.

• Upvote 3

Carlos Diego loses to Beneil Dariush and Porier so he is a bum? Get outta here he beat Ramsey Nijem and is 11-2.

Yancy has always had tons of potential he just doesn't seem to show it. Khabilov loss was by fluke injury, then he beat Yves and had weed in his system so they took the W away, we all know he won. He beat Proctor and undefeated before that Damon Jackson.

You guys are haters, they are not bums.

Put on a paid of gloves and go in there, actually fight, then call them a bum I dare you.

A loss or two in the best org in the world doesn't make you a bum.

So by your logic Bob Sapp is one of the best fighters out there right? He fought mirko cro cop and lost by an injury so it doesn't count.

• Downvote 2

So by your logic Bob Sapp is one of the best fighters out there right? He fought mirko cro cop and lost by an injury so it doesn't count.

Yes, I'm really saying Bob Sapp who holds a record a guy who is 11-18 is one of the best fighters out there, you got me...You are truly a moron Shiftas..

I didn't say Yancy and Carlos were two of the best in the world.. dumbass..

And Cro Cop actually beat Bob Sapp fairly if you watched the fight... He broke his orbital bone with a punch, thats not a fluke injury, Cro Cop KO'd him and Bob Sapp cried.

You need to re-evaluate and think about your words before you post them.. That fight was also K-1, not MMA smarty pants.

• Upvote 3

Wait, so Carlos Diego beat Ramsey Nijem and he is legit ??? I don't think he is a bum by any means but lets face it, he's not great. He seriously needs to adjust his game if he wants to be taken seriously.

As for Yancy, he's shown a well rounded game but every time he has had to fight decent top 15 competition he has failed, most times miserably.

Duffy vs Poirier is a solid main event for a fight night card. Duffy may not have a huge name as of yet but he's looked solid, it will be interesting to see if he can repeat those results against a really good fighter such as Poirier

Wait, so Carlos Diego beat Ramsey Nijem and he is legit ??? I don't think he is a bum by any means but lets face it, he's not great. He seriously needs to adjust his game if he wants to be taken seriously.

As for Yancy, he's shown a well rounded game but every time he has had to fight decent top 15 competition he has failed, most times miserably.

Duffy vs Poirier is a solid main event for a fight night card. Duffy may not have a huge name as of yet but he's looked solid, it will be interesting to see if he can repeat those results against a really good fighter such as Poirier

Again, did not say once that Yancy and Carlos Diego were top tier.. But to call them bums or cans or whatever is disrespectful and tasteless.

• Upvote 2

I've got tickets to go see the event! Cost quite a bit, €100 per ticket.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1