Rehab Fighting Championship ~ 280k ~ Official Thread

Leland

I get a neg vote for stating that there is an issue. Its being discussed. Should I give no updates at all?

We need to keep hold of our 270+ fighters. I dont think the org will survive if we just put on 280 fights. 280 should be the entry level skill and if fighters improve and stick with us, they move up the rankings and will obviously improve into the 270s themselves and into contention for the titles. I look at it this way, if there were no orgs that took on 280 fighters, the fighters would have to fight in QFC for a good while to get to a level where they can compete in an org. Just cos there are 270k fighters here, doesnt mean 280k fighters are going to be matched against them. Matchmaking can still be kept fair, pitching fighters against each other based on their skill. Obvioiusly, the better fighters here will be in the late 270s, and will more likely be the champs and top contenders. Fighters in the 280s will still have a platform outside of the QFC to earn better money and as stated above, stick with RFC, improve, and move up the rankings. The skill level between fighters in the high 270s is not that different to fighters in the low 280s anyway.

• Downvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14418513005014.jpg

Marc "Le Marteau" Charbonnier (281257)

"Man, RFC's gone radio silent. What's the news, fellas? You guys are usually super active and vocal ..."

Apparently, some people dont like people being super active and vocal and let it be known. Also, people are now voting down posts in this forum a lot more and it seems to be for no reason.

Just cos there are 270k fighters here, doesnt mean 280k fighters are going to be matched against them.

My 280k was supposed to fight the guy for the belt. I would be fine with it if the fighter has a good hype or something but the way I see it he's just building the hype around the 280k guys. But eh good luck mates I hope you guys the best and I hope to fight here more

My 280k was supposed to fight the guy for the belt. I would be fine with it if the fighter has a good hype or something but the way I see it he's just building the hype around the 280k guys. But eh good luck mates I hope you guys the best and I hope to fight here more

Its a tough one. Its a bit awkward at the moment with the belts up for grabs. I dunno, I think maybe we should agree a cut off point for fighters before they have to leave the org. Say for instance, when fighters hit 279000 or below, they have to leave the org and/or vacate the belt. Otherwise, a fighter could win the belt while hes at 28100 and hit the high 270s before hes defended the belt. Would that work for people?

• Upvote 1

There are 280k guys getting created every day still, so I think you guys just need to focus on signing/building a few of the divisions and, unfortunately, cut anyone who's below the 280k limit out. It sucks, but they could still create new guys and stay competitive. It's only fair to the managers who signed up for a 280k org. Otherwise, you'll have to rebrand and you may lose some good managers ...

I'm not sure why you are getting downvoted on the forums, but it appears it's because you made an enemy out there. Not sure what happened, but I see no reason to stay less vocal on the forums. A lot of managers appreciate the activity but don't always upvote. I think the org emails are what bug some people, but even those I don't mind, to be honest.

• Upvote 1

You guys can still sign 270k if you want imo but please let them fight each other and dont let them fight for belts where they can be mixed up with 280k boys. Sign them to fill the org but keep them on their own corner and dont mix them with 280k.

I also loved the activity this org shown in its earlier days and it is the one that attracted me most here. I love the write ups and the overall activity. I promise tho if that get back I will not be a casual lurker anymore and I wil upvote you guys just so you wont get downvoted

• Upvote 1

Cutting all the guys under the 280 limit seems a little bit extreme to me.

I say keep the ones who miss the target by a few digits, as you can see in other ID restricted orgs (yes I have two guys, one with 279693 ID and one with 279898 ID), because otherwise if they get in a 270 ID org they would get mauled.

So maybe cut the ones under 279500 or something like that, just my opinion.

There are plenty of 279 ID guys that are already doing well in 270k orgs, so I don't think that's a good point. I have a guy fighting for a title at Budo Rei, for instance.

And where are these other examples of guys fighting outside of the ID range in other orgs? I'm sure it happens, but I haven't seen it ...

It's a 280k org, so I don't think cutting guys who do not qualify is a bit harsh. Plain and simple. The shallow 135 division will lose a guy, but if they want to keep him around, then they should change the ID requirements. Otherwise, they should be shooting out contracts to every 280k 135 guy out there.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Well, as I said before, it's just my (biased probably) opinion.

Of course if the RFC staff decide for a strict 280k ID limit, matching 279k ID fighters against each other and not giving them the chance to fight for the title seems unfair to me. In this case, I say free them all from their contracts immediately and let them fight for other orgs.

• Upvote 1

Cutting all the guys under the 280 limit seems a little bit extreme to me.

I say keep the ones who miss the target by a few digits, as you can see in other ID restricted orgs (yes I have two guys, one with 279693 ID and one with 279898 ID), because otherwise if they get in a 270 ID org they would get mauled.

So maybe cut the ones under 279500 or something like that, just my opinion.

Thats exactly what I mean, you described it way better than I did tho. LOL

There are plenty of 279 ID guys that are already doing well in 270k orgs, so I don't think that's a good point. I have a guy fighting for a title at Budo Rei, for instance.

And where are these other examples of guys fighting outside of the ID range in other orgs? I'm sure it happens, but I haven't seen it ...

It's a 280k org, so I don't think cutting guys who do not qualify is a bit harsh. Plain and simple. The shallow 135 division will lose a guy, but if they want to keep him around, then they should change the ID requirements. Otherwise, they should be shooting out contracts to every 280k 135 guy out there.

What if a fighter won the belt while he was at 280k but by the time he came to defend the belt he was at say 279900 or thereabouts and he had 2 fights left on his contract. Should he be cut do you think. I think this type of situation will be a big problem going forward.

• Downvote 6

What if a fighter won the belt while he was at 280k but by the time he came to defend the belt he was at say 279900 or thereabouts and he had 2 fights left on his contract. Should he be cut do you think. I think this type of situation will be a big problem going forward.

Fighter Id's do not go down over time.

• Upvote 3

Doesn't work like that. You guys are either 280k+ or you're not, cut the fighters below the ID limit or stop claiming to be 280k+, simple really.

• Upvote 3