Rehab Fighting Championship ~ 280k ~ Official Thread

Leland

Rehab Fighting Championship

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af281/Keith_Leatherwood/RFCLogo_zpsb2m4hili.png

RFC Opened September 18th, 2015. This organization is open to all 280k+ fighters.

This is the official thread for RFC.

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af281/Keith_Leatherwood/Poster1_zpsbgurtac3.jpg

Rehab 1 Event Review

Rehab 1, the first event of RFC was a statement to the MMA world that RFC is here to stay.

The fight night started with booze, hot women and talented new fighters showcasing what they have in their arsenal and why they believe they could be the next #1 contender.

Fight 1 – 170 lbs - Hall vs Schmuckatelli

The night started off with a solid contest between two young fighters looking for their first RFC Win.

Hall, starting the fight setting a pace to stand up and slug, was overrun by Shmuckatelli and his clinch work.

Shmuch absolutely dominated the fight with Muay Tai, landing an astounding 32 strikes via clinch.

Hall missed on all attempts in the clinch. This fight wasn't as close as originally projected and with a fight rating of 51%, it was placed on the card where it should have been, first fight of the night.

Fight 2 – 170 lbs - Arngrimurson Vs Niaz

Second fight of the night. Simply put, Arngrimurson dominated early and finished quick.

Putting Niaz in the clinch, Arngrimurson beat him down and forced a cut 30 seconds into round 1.

He continued pounding away and 1:46 seconds into round 1, he put Niaz on the cage and landed a "heavy handed" uppercut that knocked him out cold. 63%, but a solid KO for Arngrimurson.

Fight 3 – 170 lbs - Rooney Vs Gracie

Fight 3, our submission of the night. Rooney set the pace, with a clinch into a takedown, but couldnt do anything with it. Gracie landing a few strikes on the ground, trying all the submission advantages he can, finally after 4 tries, Gracie digs in a solid RNC and Rooney taps. Rating of 46%, Gracie wasn't out there to just entertain, he wanted a submission and he got one.

Fight 4 – 205 lbs - Butten Vs Charbonnier

Charbonnier wasted absolutely no time in his debut in the RFC. Taking Butten down in the first few seconds, He continued advancing position and striking Butten down with some GnP. Butten trying to defend the strikes, got caught sleeping on Charbonnier's solid BJJ and slapped a hard armbar that would end the fight in an astounding 1:56 in the first round. Fight rating: 46%. Well done by Char.

Fight 5 – 185 lbs - Salamanca vs Armstrong

Our KO of the night comes from Salamanca. The fight started off in an all out brawl. Both fighters swinging away, knocking each other around. Salamanca landed an uppercut that sent Armstrong down, Salamanca, instead of finishing, tells the referee to stand Armstrong up, these guys wanted to throw blows all night. Unfortunately for Armstrong, cut and rocked, Gets to his feet just to be Hooked in the Jaw twice for the KO. Rating: 100%. An amazing fight.

Fight 6 – 170 lbs - Purha Vs Howard

Purha, came out tonight with a mission... to GnP his way to victory, and thats what he did. Althought, Howard credited with the Takedown, Purha ended the fight with his stellar GnP. Landing 11 ground strikes, the Ref had to enforce stoppage, Howard couldnt take another hit. Rating: 37%

Fight 7 – 265+ Lbs - Pointdexter Vs Bates

These giants of the octagon put on an amazing performance tonight. Going back and forth all night, Bates got the best of Pointdexter late in the 3rd round which was sure to favor Bates in decision. Bates wanted to finish, and he did. Pointdexter was too tired after a measley 5 for 19 in takedowns, while Bates landed a flurry of strikes and got the KO. Rating: 100%

Fight 8 – 135 lbs - Ruby vs Shimura

Ruby vs Shimura was a premier fight for Rehab 1. Shimura with the slight edge in talent and training, couldn't fend away the countless number of sub attempts ruby brought out tonight. Shimura worked the ground game well, pounding away at Ruby, but in the end, Ruby finished off Shimura with a stellar Armbar. Rating: 45%

Co-Main Event205 lbs - Crane vs Gates

To start the fight, Gates grabs Crane into a clinch. Unfortunately for gates, Crane was the better Muay Tai fighter tonight. Landing 5 of 9 in the clinch, crane brutalized gates with striked to the head. Leading to stoppage, crane landed a flurry of uppercuts, rocking Gates and finishing the fight. Rating: 50%

Main Event – 185 lbs - Goku Vs Spencer

Our main event was just that. Fight of the night. Two, evenly matched fighters combining a record of 6-0 went at it in the octagon. This fight honestly could have went either way. Goku, trying for a takedown, eventually found one. Spencer however, escapes and back to the feet they go. Once standing, Spencer began his relentless Boxing with 2 head punches 2 body shots and a combo that would finish the fight. KO, 35 seconds into round 1. Rating: 100%

It was an amazing first night for Rehab. Showcasing the talent they have just weeks after opening. All fighters gave their hearts to the octagon and some fell short. This is only the beginning of these young fighters careers and I know personally that there is much more to come in the RFC. Thanks for joining me, This is Leland Leatherwood. RFC out.

If you enjoy write-ups like this, please by all means, create a 280k fighter, or sign one you may have. We plan on making these write-ups often. Expect a Preview and Review write-up for each event, along with other write-ups like rankings etc. RFC needs more fighters and I hope you see that we will be a serious Organization. We work hard to provide a fun and interactive organization for all who take part. Thank you for reading and enjoy whats to come!

• Upvote 4

First: You guys are doing great!

Second: Can you guys start using normal dating norms like normal people, you know. Also, you're in Amsterdam and so place the month in the middle, will you? (DD-MM-YY) ;)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1444162233Poster2.jpg

With RFCs second event only 3 days away, some of the fighters and their managers gathered at the Amsterdam Micro Arena for the pre fight Q&A session. After the success of the first event, with only 1 fight going to the judges, the fighters on this card have a hard act to follow. Lets head over to the arena now with your host, Kenny Florence..

Kenny – Good evening fight fans, thanks for coming, and big thanks to all the fighters and managers who are here tonight. We got 2 undefeated guys with 2 (T)KOs each in the 155lb division kicking the card off so my first question is to you, Dan Down To Party. Your opponent, Madara Uchiha isn’t here tonight but how do you see the fight going?

DDTP – Well Kenny, Madara seems to be a pretty good young fighter, like myself. He goes about it a bit different and seems to take himself a bit too seriously -- if we're being honest. I know he's going to try and take me down and I don't have a wrestling background, but I don't see him ragdolling me like that. I think it's likely going to be me showing off a few new tricks and ultimately getting a pretty quick finish.

Kenny – You seem pretty confident, if the fight goes your way, what next?

DDTP – Well Kenny , then, I'll probably crush about 10 Heinekens and head on down to the Red Light district for a little night out on the town. Basically, a typical week. Fight, drink, party.

Kenny – Niiiice. Maybe we could hook up. Somebodys 0s definitely gonna go in violent fashion if you ask me fight fans. Next up in the heavyweight division, 2 guys were expecting big things from here in the RFC, we got JJ Jardine going up against American Slasher. Seeing though JJ couldn’t attend tonight, Slasher, we’ll come straight to you. You’re on a 2 fight win streak, 2 (T)KOs no less, you seemed to have problems with your opponents takedowns in your last fight. What do you think of JJ and whats your gameplan going into this fight?

Yona Grawitsky - Jj jardine is a well rounded fighter. A true test for any up and coming heavyweight. However he will be no match for the heart power and all round striking of American slasher. This fight is only ending one way. Jj seeing stars. American slasher will show why he is the top of rehabs heavyweights.

Kenny – Errrmmm. Who are you?

Yona – Im Slashers manager.

Kenny – Ok, but the question was to Slasher. Slasher, You’re on a 2 fight win streak, 2 (T)KOs no less, you seemed to have problems with your opponents takedowns in your last fight. What do you think of JJ and whats your gameplan going into this fight?

Blank stare from Slasher and a long silence

Kenny – Oooook then, moving on. We got Diomar Dirksz here tonight, Diomar, you got 2 fighters on the card. One of them your Brother, Osrick is taking on Audris Makisig at 170lb. This is a classic striker vs grappler contest, your brother being the grappler. I was impressed with his grappling in his last fight, whats your take on your opponent and how do you plan to counter his excellent boxing?

Diomar - I think Audris Maskisig wil be a very tough opponent to be honest. He is a great boxer and adept at the ground game. But im looking forward to the fight but i am convinced that my lil brother will know what to do, We will keep it on the ground since that is our field of expertise but that doesnt mean that our standing game is weak either.

Osrick Dirksz - I think that Audris will make a mistake by going in to a clutch and then I will take him down and perform a Submission.

Kenny – Audris, they seem pretty confident in Osricks ground game. How are you going to deal with that?

Audris Makisig - Well, I think he got a good takedown offense and ground game. Finishing his debut fight in 51 seconds in the first round by sub. It's gonna be a battle in the ground if I can't knocked him out.

Kenny - Well, you don’t sound too confident my friend but all fights start on the feet. Diomar, you also got Dennis Maltepe taking on Kris Feeder in the 205lb division. Freeber looked good in his last fight with a good clinch game. How do you see that fight playing out?

Diomar - Kris Feeber is probably one of the toughest opponent Dennis could get in this early stage and both their styles resemble each other where both of them are Great strikers and both of them good at wrestling. This fight could go either way but i think that Dennis wil stay cool and counter a punch and knock him out but Dennis should not underestimate his opponent. A win over Kris would be a big achievement for him.

Kenny – That’s a fight im looking forward to. Closing out the prelims, we got 2 145 pounders who got off to winning starts in their MMA debuts. Raivo Kull takes on Aziz Rahili with…………

Raivo Kull interupts

Raivo Kull - Speaking of Rahali, I think he must be respected even though he has not yet wins under his belt. Upcoming fight is going to be tough because of high muay thai and good mat skills.

Kenny – Erm, Ok brother??????? Kicking off the main card we got 2 up and coming youngsters, Tyrone Spong v Rafael Luis Mendoza Ramos……whoa, that’s a mouthful. Rafa, what do you think of Tyrone?

RLMR - Well with Tyrone being an 18 yr old rookie it's tough to say what kind of fight we will be getting. Really the only info we have in him is that he can box. So I'm expecting him to try to stand with me and I don't see that ending too well for Tyrone.

Tyrone Spong – What!!!! You’re too small for this division and I will pick you apart on the feet with ease and I will clown you round after round until you break and drop. I can't see how you’re gonna beat me but I’ll give you credit, you’re a decent striker just to small to hang with us middleweights and I will show you on the 16th who the baddest man is in that cage come fight night.

Kenny – Whoa!!!! Tough words there, confidence, or youthful exuberance? I guess we’ll find out come fight night. Thats one to watch fight fans. Moving on to the heavyweights, we got 2 great boxers, Axyl Hawke taking on Spartacus Salonius. Axyl coming off a TKO victory and Spartacus, a decision loss. Axyl doesn’t speak English so lets ask his manager what he thinks of this fight.

Mikhail Kamarov (Axyls manager) - Axel doesn't think much of Spartacus. He's had an easy, relaxed fight camp. He sees the fight ending with a devastating KO of Spartacus.

Kenny – Over to you Spartacus.

Spartacus Salonius - So, Axyl Hawke is a very worthy opponent for me, he's well rounded and he can take a shot. But I think he matches up pretty well with me and, when it's all said and done, I'll be the first to put a blemish on his record.

Axyl Hawke – I do speak English!!!

Kenny - Too late Axyl, we gotta move on. Next up, 2 rookies in the Bantamweight division, Piotr Janicki takes on Kono Notaku. First up, Piotr, give us your thoughts on the fight my friend.

Piotr Janicki - I'm not too sure what to expect from him, he's a striker first and foremost and a bit older than me so I expect him to bring some kicks being a MT fighter. But like myself, a debutant so we're both going to have to adapt and see what happens on the night. I am sure on my gameplan for the fight so we'll have to see what happens.

Kenny – Kono?

Kono Notaku - It's hard to judge any fighter who has never fought, but my coaches say he is wrestling based. I'm not sure if that means he's going to clinch me, ground and pound, or go for submissions. I highly respect all of my opponents, so I feel properly prepared for wherever it goes. I feel I can outwork him, sub him, or pick him apart standing. It's really up to him.

Kenny – You hear that Piotr? Its up to you how you lose. Nice. John Doo takes on Kimo Rahili next in the co main event. Neither of the fighters could make it tonight but Johns manager, Kyson Dale is here. Kyson, how do you think think the fight will go and how does John feel about the fight?

Kyson Dale - I feel as if this will be a good challenge for my fighter, as he has a good stand up game but not as strong as his opponent.
John said he is looking forward to the challenge, he has been working extra hard in his training sessions, purely to improve his stand up and clinch work, he is looking to finish quickly if the opportunity arises early on.
He said " I want to show everyone I can stand and bang with the big guys, I'm not just a one trick wonder.

Kenny – A one trick wonder eh. OK fight fans, moving on to our main event we got what should be a good stand up war. At 185lbs, former boxer, Dre Driver makes his MMA debut against 8 fight veteran, Vigo Halk. Dre, how do you feel about being thrown in at the deep end against an experienced guy like Halk?

Dre Driver - What can you say about Vigo that hasn't already been said? Wait, has anything been said? The guy is 22 years old and has 8 fights. That's about the extent of the positives. He fancies himself a Muay Thai fighter, but I'd be shocked if he wanted to stand and bang with me. He's going to take a lot of punishment to even try to get to the clinch. And once there, I'm not sure he's strong enough to even keep me there at all. He's got a little bit of wrestling, but hopefully he understands that crowd wants to see us stand and trade and I'll put my boxing up against his Muay Thai any day of the week. It'll be a great first fight for me, to get my "sea legs".

Kenny – I like your confidence brother. Vigo, how do you feel about being put in there with a rookie? It may seem to some you’re being put in there to lose to this kid. You’ve had 8 fights……..6 losses……..and on a 5 fight skid!!!!! Man, that’s a shitty record.

Vigo Halk kicks over the table and storms out of the room!!!!

Kenny – Well that seems like a good way to close the session fight fans. Big thanks to all of you for coming and big thanks to the fighters and managers who showed up too. We’ll see you all at RFC 2 on the 16th here at the Amsterdam Micro Arena.

• Upvote 2

Noticed a couple fighters in my one fighter's division (135) who are 278k fighters. I understand you probably need help filling the division, but it would've been nice if you said something earlier, as I deleted a good 279k fighter to create a 280k fighter from scratch to abide by your rules

Noticed a couple fighters in my one fighter's division (135) who are 278k fighters. I understand you probably need help filling the division, but it would've been nice if you said something earlier, as I deleted a good 279k fighter to create a 280k fighter from scratch to abide by your rules

I'm sorry about that. It was never my intention to bring anyone below 280k, Some divisions were extremely low on fighters. Hope you arent too upset about it. Your 280k fighter will be just as stellar I'm sure though!

I'm sorry about that. It was never my intention to bring anyone below 280k, Some divisions were extremely low on fighters. Hope you arent too upset about it. Your 280k fighter will be just as stellar I'm sure though!

Nah, the division's pretty even still. I'm not particularly upset about that, just more disappointed that I dropped a good 17 yo for this guy to be 280k, just to see 278k guys in the division.

No worries, you guys are doing a good job overall

Carlos Rodriquez (1-0) fighting in the 145 division

"After I have destroyed Barthez Dalembert I want to fight for the vacant belt, I am the best in the division without a doubt. Nobody wants to fight me after this fight because Im going to show you how terrifying I am!"

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1444162233Poster2.jpg

EVENT REVIEW

After the success of the first event, RFCs second event had a lot to live up to and boy, did it do just that. Fans at the sold out Amsterdam Micro Arena and those watching on live TV were treated to another great night of fights. Heres how the night went down..

Fight 1 - Dre Driver vs Vigo Halk - 185lb

After storming out of the pre-fight Q&A, unhappy with his opponents remarks, Vigo Halk had even less to be happy about come fight night. The fight played out exactly as Dre Driver said it would, with Halk looking to get into the clinch and work from there and Driver using his superior boxing to pepper Halks head with jabs and uppercuts. At the one minute fifty mark of round one, Driver buckled Halk with a nice left hook to the temple. Sensing an early finish, Driver let loose with a flurry of punches to Halks head and at the two minute mark..BOOM, a Liddell-esque overhand right dropped Halk to the mat. Driver wasted no time in pouncing on a dazed and defenceless Halk and rained down a barrage of punches to Halks face. The referee had seen enough and pulled an ecstatic Driver off waving an end to the fight just after two minutes. After an impressive debut, the future looks bright for Dre Driver, but with Halk now on a six fight skid, his future looks anything but bright.

Result - Dre Driver- W- (T)KO

Fight 2 Kimo Rihali vs John Doo 145lb

Both these fighters have a solid Muay Thai game so we were expecting a pretty decent stand up affair. What we got for practically the entire fight was John Doo shooting in for takedowns and Kimo Rihali stuffing or shaking them off with ease. When Doo did get the fight to the ground just after the minute mark, it was Rihali attempting submissions with a half hearted guillotine attempt followed a half hearted triangle. With both fighters lack of skills on the matt apparent, it was Rihali who attemted to clinch and work his Muay Thai. The second round started the same as the first with Doo failing in three takedown attempts within the first minute. Rihali tried to keep the fight at distance, Doo responded by throwing a few wild punches before again, shooting in for more takedowns which Rihali continued to avoid. Other than a nice uppercut from Rihali, and a leg kick from Doo, the rest of the second round was spent with both fighters trying, and failing to take the other down. Both fighters appeared pretty gassed going into the third round and after Rihali scored a takedown early on, it was Doo who tried to work a triangle before the referee put them back on their feet. With the fans booing, and both fighters doggedly sticking to ineffective gameplans, the fight ended and we went to the judges for a decision.

Result Kimo Rihali- W - Unanimous Decision 29-28, 29-28, 29-28.

Fight 3 Kono Notaku vs Piotr Janicki 135lb.

Both fighters came out guns blazing but it was Notaku landing early on with crunching body and leg kicks. Using his superior footwork, Notaku managed to avoid Janickis punches and thirty seconds into the first, landed a head kick which wobbled Janicki and opened a gaping cut on the side of Janickis head. Janicki quickly recovered but Notaku went straight back to work chopping at his legs and body. Just after two minutes, Janicki worked into the clinch, throwing solid elbows and body shots. A beautifully timed elbow grazed Notakus eyebrow, opening a nasty gash. The rest of the round was spent in the clinch with both guys displaying some excellent muay thai skills. Notakus earlier work to Janickis legs and body probably got him the nod in the first. Notaku went back to work on Janickis body and legs in the second until Janicki moved back into the clinch. After defending most of the elbows thrown at him, Notaku broke the clinch and again, set about working the legs and body of Janicki. Janicki quickly realized he was no match for Notaku on the outside and with his legs and ribs heavily bruised after yet more chopping kicks, he tied Notaku back up in the clinch. Working some solid elbows and punches, he kept Notaku there until the rounds end but on limping back to his corner, it was clear his lead leg was giving out. With the crowd on their feet, the fighters came out for the third. Janicki tried to hide the pain he was in by throwing punches, but unable to sit down on his led leg, Notaku easily avoided them. Notaku peppered Janicki with inside and outside leg kicks and realizing he was in trouble, Janicki quickly looked again for the clinch. Sensing a finish, Notaku quickly broke free and landed a thudding kick to Janickis ribs. Janicki refused to buckle and again, tied Notaku up against the cage. Both fighters continued to land some nice elbows in the clinch and the fight stayed there till the round ended. With the crowd screaming, you could barely hear the buzzer at the end of the round. Hugging in the centre of the Octagon, both fighters, bloodied and bruised, knew they had been in a war. We went to the judges for a decision.

Result Kono Notaku – W - Unanimous Decision 30-27, 30-27, 30-27.

Fight 4 Axyl Hawke vs Spartacus Salonius 265lb

An excellent first round saw two game opponents trading shots in the centre of the octagon. However, working behind his jab, it was Axyl Hawke who dominated. Using his superior footwork and some beautiful feints, he kept Salonius at range with his jab and moved in and out of range, connecting with some well-timed hooks and uppercuts. Just under three minutes in, Hawke countered a wild uppercut from Salonius with a stiff right, leaving him with a nasty looking cut above his eye. With the crowd going wild, both fighters displayed some excellent boxing skills. With both fighters respecting the others skills, the second round started a bit more slowly. Weaving his way inside, Hawke landed a sweet uppercut followed by a crunching kick to Salonius ribs which clearly took the wind out of him. Visibly slowing, Salonius gamely chased down his opponent but countering a looping right hand, Hawke landed a stiff jab which sent Salonius reeling back across the cage. Seeing his opponent in trouble, Hawke rushed in with a beautifully placed overhand right followed by an uppercut which left Spartacus Salonius out cold. With two wins out of two in his MMA career, Axyl Hawke put the rest of the heavyweights at RFC on notice with some crisp boxing and killer instinct. Salonius however, is now on a two fight skid.

Result - Axyl Hawke - W - (T)KO

Fight 5 Tyrone pong vs Rafael Luis Mendoza Ramos 185lb

Threatening to clown his opponent in the pre-fight Q&A, and refusing to touch gloves with his opponent, Tyrone Spong set about doing just that right from the bell. Throughout the whole fight, Spong used his height and reach advantage to keep Ramos at bay with some crisp boxing and the occasional leg kick. Tying Ramos up almost at will, Spong used his superior clinchwork to frustrate and rough up his opponent. Sensing early on that Spong didnt have the power to put him away, Ramos seemed content to take a couple of shots to get in the pocket where he could negate Spongs height and reach. However, every time he managed to get there, Spong tied him up and went to work in the clinch. With neither fighter interested in taking the fight to the ground, fans were treated to an awesome fight fought totally on the feet. With the crowd cheering them on, both fighters continued to trade shots but again, it was Spongs height and reach, and some nifty footwork that kept Ramos on the outside where Spong could pick him apart. There were spells in the fight where Ramos let Spong know he couldnt sleep on him, landing a few good shots of his own. Toward the end of the fight, sensing he needed to finish, Ramos stepped it up a gear. He gamely chased Spong down but Spong, knowing he was up on the scorecards, kept out of range of Ramos punches while letting flurrys of his own off. At the final bell, with the crowd on their feet Spong leapt onto the cage, beating his chest. Ramos, well beaten, walked back to his corner barely able to see out of a swollen left eye. At only 18 years of age, as Spong grows and packs on a bit of muscle, if he can learn to sit down a little more on his punches, hell be a handful for anyone at 185. Ramos meanwhile, may want to consider a drop in weight class.

Result Tyrone Spong W Unamimous Decision 30-27, 30-27, 30-27.

Fight 6 Raivo Kull vs Aziz Rahali 145lb

With Rahali looking to get the fight to the matt right from the off, Raivo Kull used some good takedown defence to keep the fight standing. Establishing his range early on, Kull dominated Rihali on the feet, countering his strikes with some crisp boxing. Rihali was the more aggressive of the two but whenever he did manage to land shots of his own, Kull closed the distance and set about working in the clinch. Some nicely timed short uppercuts and body shots seemed to knock the wind out of Rahali and Kull was content work in the clinch for the rest of the round. The second round was pretty much the same as the first. Realizing he couldnt match Kull on the feet or in the clinch, Rihali continued to look for takedowns, with no success. With Rihali breathing heavy and slowing, Kull bobbed and weaving in and out of range landing some nice shots to Rihalis head. He then set about taking Rihalis ability to shoot for takedowns buy chopping at his legs with kicks and working some nice knees to the body while in the clinch. With his game plan in tatters, a dejected looking Rihali went into the third way behind on the scorecards. Rather than look for a way to finish the fight, he attempted yet more half hearted takedowns and when he did eventually manage to get the fight to the ground, Kull got straight back to his feet. Sensing he was well ahead on the scorecards, Kull took his foot of the gas and was content to clinch with Rihali and do just enough for the referee not to split them. Rihali seemed content with this too until, with twenty seconds of the fight left when he picked up the pace with a few flurries of his own. It was way too little way too late. The final bell went and with a completely dominant performance from Raivo Kull, we went to the judges for a decision.

Result Raivo Kull W Unanimous Decision 30-25, 30-25, 30-25.

Fight 7 Audris Makisig vs Osrick Dirksz 170lb

After a 51 second submission victory in his MMA debut, Osrick Dirksz was brimming with confidence going into this fight and planned on using his far superior Jiu-Jitsu to finish Audris Makisig. Makisig, on the other hand had other plans. Makisig threw a leg kick right off the first bell which Dirksz caught easily. He dragged Makisig to the mat and immediately tried for a leg lock. Realizing he didnt have it he let go but Makisig was busy working off his back looking for his own submissions. For the next minute we were treated to a jiu-jitsu masterclass from Osrick Dirksz. With some beautiful passes and transitioning, Dirksz looked to finish the fight early. Makisig defended a kimura and managed to sweep Dirksz only to find himself in a guillotine. He pulled his head out only for Dirksz to slap on another guillotine with his other arm. Makisig broke free again and landed a thumping right hand that echoed around the arena. He followed that with some lovely hammerfists and just for a second, Dirksz seemed a little dazed. Still looking for submissions, Dirksz took another flurry of shots to the head and pulled Makisig into his guard. Undeterred, Makisig pounded away at Dirkszbody and head. Dirksz managed to grab a hold of Makisig left arm and shot his hips up for an armbar but wise to this, Makisig pulled out. Makisig now had Dirksz in an awkward position against the cage working some ground n pound. Dirksz, by now breathing really heavy tried to grab Makisigright arm only for Makisig to drop a huge left elbow into his face. Stunned, Dirksz went looking for another guillotine, Makisig, wise to this stood up and holding Dirkszankles. Throwing dirksz legs aside, Makisig dived in and connected with a huge left which bounced Dirksz head off the canvas and after unloading with a barrage of punches and elbows, the referee had seen enough and pulled Makisig off leaving Dirksz reaching up and grappling with the referees legs. An awesome display from both fighters. Osrick Dirksz had nothing but praise for his opponent in his post fight speech, saying he was a great opponent and wishing him all the best in his career.

Result Audris Makisig W (T)KO

Fight 8 Dennis Maltepe vs Kris Freeber 205lb

Dennis Maltepe wasted no time in dragging Kris Freeber to the floor and going for an early finish in this fight. Landing in Freebers guard, Maltepe worked some nice ground n pound before dropping back looking for a heel hook. Deciding against it, he jumped right back into Freebers guard and landed some more nice punches and hammerfists. Realizing he wsnt doing much damage, Maltepe stood up beckoning Freeber to get up. Freeber got to his feet but Maltepe shot straight back in with a double and landed in side control. With Freebers arm trapped behind his back, Maltepe slammed a couple of big right hands into his temple. With Freeber struggling to escape, Maltepe softened him up with a couple more shots to the head and transitioned into an Americana before Freeber even knew what was happening. Trying to escape, Freeber dug himself in deeper and with Maltepe cranking his arm more, Freeber let out a scream and tapped just under the four minute mark. A beautiful submission which earned Dennis Maltepe SUBMISSION OF THE NIGHT!!!

Result Dennis Maltepe W Submission (Americana).

Fight 9 Co Main Event American Slasher vs JJ Jardine 265lb.

What an awesome 18 seconds of action we got from these two fighters. No sooner had the referee said fight, these guys rushed to the centre of the octagon where immediately, Slasher landed a beautiful right hook to Jardines chin. Undeterred, Jardine, responded with nice straight left. Jardine threw a couple of shots to the body and shot in for a takedown. Just as he did, Slasher jumped up and landed a flying knee right on the button which put Jardine flat on his back. Before the referee had a chance to react, Slasher jumped in landing some vicious punches to an already unconscious Jardines face. After being dragged off, Slasher ran over to RFC owner, Leland Leatherwood, telling him hes the best heavyweight in the division. After the referee announced him as the winner, Slasher grebbed the mic and began telling everybody how awesome he was and how he was going to clean out the division. Moving onto 3 victories, all by (T)KO, in his first 3 fights, love him or hate him, he just put the rest of RFCs heavyweights on notice. American Slasher also picked up (T)KO OF THE NIGHT for his troubles!

Result American Slasher W (T)KO

Fight 10 Main Event Madara Uchiha vs Dan Down To Party 155lb.

With DDTP predicting a wrestle heavy approach from Uchiha and a quick finish from himself, he wasnt too far off. With Uchiha going for the takedown almost straight away, DDTP sprawled to avoid it and tried to keep the distance and work his jab. Knowing he couldnt stand and trade with DDTP, Uchiha tied him up in the clinch, got he underhooks and threw DDTP to the floor where he could control the fight and use his ground n pound. DDTP, sensing he was outmatched on the floor was happy to defend and avoid damage, waiting till an opportunity to get back to the feet arose. DDTP managed to sweep Uchiha two minutes in but couldnt do anything with it, it was Uchiha in fact who went for an armbar before reversing and sitting in DDTPs guard. Again, DDTP was happy to defend until he was able to sweep Uchiha again. Toward the end of round one, DDTP managed to mount Uchiha but the bell went before he could unload anything. Right off the bell in round two, DDTP landed a nice left jab and a crunching right to Uchihas body which clearly stunned him. He tried taking DDTP down a couple of times but the earlier body shot seemed to take the wind out of his sails. A straight left to Uchihas chin, followed by an overhand right and a left cross to the temple rocked Uchiha. Seeming to lose his senses for a second, Uchihas dropped his hands, DDTP seen his opening and landed a perfectly placed left to Uchihas temple which sent him staggering to the floor. The referee, having seen enough jumped in and waved the fight off on the 45 second mark. Uchiha jumped to his feet protesting the early stoppage but if you ask me, he wasnt coming back from that. With Uchiha suffering his first loss, DDTP moves onto 3 0 with 3 (T)KO stoppages. The fighters were awarded FIGHT OF THE NIGHT for their efforts.

Result Dan Down To Party W (T)KO

And thats it for the RFC 2 Day Of Reckoning event review folks. With another successful event in the books, we hope to see you at RFC 3 A Fighters Scorn on 23/10/2015 at Paddy OMallys bar here in Amsterdam. Check back here for the event preview in the coming days.

• Upvote 1

http://ladda-upp.se/files/2015/b168944.jpg

EVENT PREVIEW

With two events now in the books, RFC rolls into the sold out Paddy OMalleys bar with RFC 3 A Fighters Scorn on 23/10/2015. As weve come to expect, a great night of fights is on the cards.

Fight 1 Muranda Kibawa vs Michael Fisher 185lbs

Although primarily a boxer, Kibawa has shown in previous fights that hes not afraid to take the fight to the ground. However, after finishing his first two opponents, Kibawa didnt really have an answer for his last opponents clinch game and lost a lopsided decision. With Michael Fisher having far superior muay thai skills, expect him to look to tie Kibawa up and rough him up inside the clinch. In his last outing, things looked to be going OK for Fisher until the fight hit the ground. Once there, he seemed pretty clueless and was overwhelmed by his opponents ground n pound, eventually being submitted with just one second to go in the second round. Expect Muranda Kibawa to be the aggressor, looking to use his boxing to set up takedowns and submit Fisher. Unless Fisher is able to keep the fight on the feet, either out of Kibawas range or in the clinch. I can see him being on the end of a Kibawa submission. With both fighters coming off losses, both are need of a W to get them back on track.

Fight 2 Terry McCann vs Paul Hunt 205lbs

McCann looked pretty impressive in his first outing, transitioning between clinches and takedowns and eventually submitting his opponent. More of the same in his second fight but with a tougher opponent, he gassed badly in the second round and was submitted himself early in he third. With Hunt making his MMA debut, its hard to know what to expect from him but if he can tire McCann out and drag him into the latter stages of the fight, who knows? Otherwise, look for McCann to grind his opponent down early and look for a submission.

Fight 3 Kim Toresson vs Martin Robinson 185lbs

Both fighters seem pretty evenly matched on paper but with Toresson making his MMA debut, its going to be a tough night for him. Robinson is now two fights into his career and with both fights going to the judges, we know he can go the distance. Although at 1 1, Robinson was unlucky not to get the nod in his last fight, losing a close decision. Not the most exciting fighter to watch, Robinsons wrestle/clinch heavy approach is taxing, and effective none the less. If Toresson lets Robinson, or the occasion overwhelm him, hes in for a long night. His best hope will be to use what striking skills he has and keep Robinson on the outside.

Fight 4 Jani Lathinen vs Ike Yasuoka 170lbs

Former muay thai fighter Jani Lathinen makes his MMA debut against former boxer and KO artist, Ike Yasuoka. Those who know Lathinen from his muay thai days will know he possesses a fantastic arsenal of strikes but will he be able to adapt them to MMA and also, has he worked enough on the other aspects of the gam to be able to hang in there? The jurys still out on whether or not Yasuoka has developed the other aspects of his MMA game as in his MMA debut, he needed only to use his excellent boxing to counter everything his opponent threw at him. Although Yasuoka blasted away the granite chinned Muffin Muncher in just over a minute in his debut, Muncher did manage to score a few leg kicks early on. If Yasuoka is unable to find his range, and keep out of Lathinens, expect Lathinen to chop away at his legs and ribs with his shins, with the occasional rapier like head kick thrown in. Yasuokas best bet is to use his footwork get in and out of the pocket and make use of his superior boxing. This will be no easy task though as once there, Lathinen will try to tie him up in the clinch and work his knees and elbows. This one really could go either way and with little chance of either fighter wanting to take the fight to the floor, we should be in for an awesome fight fought on the feet.

Fight 5 Fazasi Oyashiro vs Rick Van Buuren 205lbs

A typical striker vs grappler contest. With Fazasi holding a purple belt in Jiu-Jitsu, and very little in the way of striking skills, expect him to try to drag Van Buuren to the floor and work for submissions. Van Buuren on the other hand has a solid, well rounded striking game with very limited grappling skill (As was shown when he was submitted in little over a minute at the recent TWGC 7 event in London). I would usually say Fazasi would get the fight to the floor and make quick work of Van Buuren but after seeing his MMA debut, Im not so sure. Far superior to his opponent on the floor, Fazasi was unable to take him down and after being dropped twice in the first minute, he was taken down, beaten up and picked back up and slammed into unconsciousness. He was however, facing an opponent 75lb heavier than him. Still, unless Van Buuren can land something big early on, Fazasi should pick up a quick submission and get his career back on track.

Fight 6 Vidak Korenko vs Erling Koch 265lbs

With both fighters being strikers and neither possessing any real ground skills. Its pretty safe to assume this fight will be played out on the feet. Koch is making his MMA debut so we have little information by which to judge him. What we do know from his amateur boxing days is he knows how to throw a punch. Korenko has (apparently) got the finest muay thai in the world (according to his manager/brother, Viktor Korenko). This is a hard one to call but if Koch can, or has, developed a game plan which involves taking Korenko down, chances are he will get the W. Korenko (269lb) will walk into the cage on fight night with a 30lb plus weight advantage which, if used properly, could stifle and wear his opponent down but in his MMA debut, he was taken down, beaten up then submitted by a guy weighing just 155lbs!!!

Fight 7 DJ Bate vs Markku Haapasolo 135lbs

18 year old DJ Bate is making his pro MMA debut on the 23rd after an unbeaten, 12 fight amateur career. If he can make the transition from amateur to pro, and adapt his stunning muay thai to fighting with no pads or gloves on, we can expect great things from him. His opponent, Markku Haapsolo, also 18, had an equally impressive amateur career, losing only once in 10 fights with 9 (T)KOs. Haapsolo made his pro debut in the recent QFC 551 tournament, falling way short against a decent wrestler. He was taken down and pounded out after just 1m 26 seconds of the first round. The outcome shouldnt be the same this time out as Bate mostly relies on his muay thai but if both these young kids are going to make it in the pro game, theyre going to have to work on their grappling because as we know, in modern MMA, you can be the best striker in the world but if you dont know wrestling or jiu-jitsu, you’re going to get taken down, pounded out or submitted.

Fight 8 Derek Flood vs Murha Puro 155lbs

Derek Flood is a massive favourite going into this fight. Riding high after an 18 second (T)KO in his MMA debut, Flood should come away with the W. Puro, making his MMA debut does have the skills to trouble Flood on the feet, A muay thai practitioner since he was 8, Marho Puro has a good arsenal of strikes as he showed in the open workouts. Whether he can take those strikes into the fight remains to be seen. The difference in this fight is Floods boxing and his purple belt in jiu-jitsu. While flood is able to match Puro on the feet, Puro is no match for Flood on the ground. Expect Flood to dictate where this fight takes place and if he feels he cant beat Puro on the feet, he should have no problem in taking him down and submitting him.

Fight 9 Co Main Event Kyson Dale vs Peter Lake 205lbs

With both fighter pretty evenly matched on paper, this should be a fairly close fight. Kyson Dale goes into the fight 1-1, losing his last fight, Peter Lake is 2-0, though many feel he lost his last fight, the judges gave him the nod. Although seemingly overmatched in his first fight, Peter Lake employed a wrestle heavy game plan to frustrate and shutdown his opponent, who was riding a 3 fight win streak. Lake attempted a whopping 21 takedowns yet landed only 4 strikes on the ground, choosing to play it safe and basically, lay and pray. The same could be said when he got into the clinch. Once there, he chose to stall, throwing no strikes at all. He was booed by the crowd through out the fight but squeaked through for a split decision win. Although using the same tactics in his second fight, he was a little more active when he got the fight to the floor or in the clinch, attempting some ground n pound and even a couple of submissions. His opponent however, was way more active as when the fight got into the clinch or hit the floor, it was him instigating the exchanges while also attempting his own submissions. Although outworked, the judges felt Lake had done enough to get the decision to the dismay of the crowd who again, booed throughout. Although Kyson Dale likes to clinch, he is far more active than Lake when he gets there. In his debut, Dale used his punches to close the distance and get into the clinch. Once there, he used some beautiful knees and elbows to open up 2 nasty cuts either side of his opponents head. Just after a minute into the second round, Dale landed a thunderous uppercut that sent his opponents eyes to the back of his head, showing he has KO power. Rather than play it safe, Dale called for tougher opponents from then on and was duly matched up with Filip Hrgovic, a submission specialist riding a 4 fight win streak. It was too much too soon for Dale and the gap in skills was apparent from the outset. He was duly submitted just 3 minutes into the first. Although coming off a loss, Leland Leatherwood had seen enough of Dale to bring him into RFC. After a loss, fighting someone like Lake is the last thing you need. His stalling, lay and pray style frustrates and makes fighters hesitant to engage for fear of being taken down and laid on. Kyson Dale seemed upbeat about his chances though. Hes confident he will outwork Lake in the clinch or on the ground. When it was put to Lake that his style was boring, he replied angrily To all you pussies out there, this is what I do, and if you can’t stop me, Ill do it to you too. Expect more of the same from Lake, I cant see it working against Dale though. He has the ability to match Lake wrestling/clinch work and as weve not really seen how Lake reacts to being hit, I have a feeling he won’t like it and will look for a way out. Rather than engage, I think Lake will be happy to try to counter anything Dale comes at him with, be it takedown attempts or strikes. If Dale catches him though, its lights out for Lake.

Fight 10 Main Event Wade Wilson vs Marcus Pereira 265lbs.

The nights main event sees 275lb, 225cm man mountain, Wade Wilson taking on 303lb (yes, 303lb!) judoka, Marcus Pereira. With standout performances in RFC 2, American Slasher and Axyl Hawke have established themselves as contenders for the inaugural RFC heavyweight strap. Both these guys are going to have to produce something special in order to put themselves in the mix. In his last fight, Wade Wilson showed some nice jiu-jitsu skills in his fight with Chen Lang. With both fighters slapping submission attempts on the other throughout the first round, it was Lang who turned it on in the second round. After failing in a guillotine attempt from mount, Lang pounded on Wilson, who was unable to escape, until the referee was forced to step in to save him from further punishment. Pereira on the other hand, needed only 14 seconds to submit 300lb wrecking machine, Thanasis Konstantoulakis. Taking Konstantoulakis down with ease in the opening seconds, using his weight and superior jiu-jitsu, Pereira transitioned to side control and slapped on a beautiful kimura. Konstantoulakis, seemed unfazed and using brute strength, tried to power out. Pereira was having none of it though and shifted his hips slightly and cranked Konstantoulakis arm so hard, he screamed in agony, tapping furiously on Pereiras back. The fact Wilson had problems escaping from under a much smaller opponent last time out doesnt bode well going into this fight. Pereira will make himself as heavy as possible on the night and use his weight to smother Wilson and submit him. The only hope Wilson really has in this fight is to avoid Pereiras takedowns, keep the fight on the feet and chip away him in the hope he will tire chasing him down. Thats not going to be as easy as it sounds though as for a big guy, Pereiras surprisingly agile and explosive. Hell look to get a hold of Wilson early on and take him down where its almost guaranteed hell smother and submit him which if you ask me, is the more likely outcome.

RFC 3 has all the ingredients to be an awesome event. If youre not going to the event, be sure to tune in at 6pm on 23/10/2015 on Box Sports 1.

• Upvote 3

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14455269265934.gif

Angelo "Dr. Madd Vibe" Moore

They tried to make me go to Rehab - I said "YES, YES, YES!" . . . but I'm bringing my weed mutha phuckas! Dr. Madd Vibe is here, bringing the hyper-historic linkology to the badlands of Amsterdam. I'll blow your minds with my mindful flow, and then knock your heads off with my fists, yo!

Victim #1 will be Michael Bizping on 11/7. Don't miss it, it might be quick!

• Upvote 1