Write here if your current best fighter is an island fighter...

My #1 fighter is Fernardu Palmier and he's also #1 in the island.

My #4 fighter is also an island guy.

I conclude that I'm not very good at the main part of the game ;)

and a fighter from the previous island season was also my #1 guy

Edited by Torrelio

I think The Island is great for giving good managers a chance to shine. In the main game, not everyone can get the best training and not everyone has been around for years to culture a long-term project. I think being Island Number One is an equivelent, but different, honour to being Number One in the main game. Some vets would say that Island fighting is all about build exploits and not about sliders - But they would say that wouldn't they? Personally, I love to do well on The Island (when I can) and I respect anyone else that does.

• Upvote 2

Not my highest ranked fighter, but my guy Sephiroth Jenova is one of the fighters I care more about when reading his fights. It is sort of about your build when you start up, as some builds can dominate others, but imo, it definitely comes down to who has the best hiddens and who can get into the best gyms early.

• Upvote 1

You should all keep your fighters this season and stop being dicks who are gonna release everyone :D

Palmier will join Pedro Lazaro in the Bahamas so don't even think you'll be able to pick that one up ?

Also, I think a lot of people downplay the strategy part of the island. In comparison, I think I make more adjustments fight to fight on the sliders of my island guys than on my main game ones.

• Upvote 1

I think the thing that's so good about The Island is that it's all on you. You can't blame anything but your own fighter development and training.

I'm not picking any of them this time. Too many fighters in too many divisions as it is. MAYBE I'll pick up a WW or FW. I'm hoping the guys in the org scoop up plenty of em though. So much talent going to the Bahamas at the end of this season.

I think the thing that's so good about The Island is that it's all on you. You can't blame anything but your own fighter development and training.

I'm not picking any of them this time. Too many fighters in too many divisions as it is. MAYBE I'll pick up a WW or FW. I'm hoping the guys in the org scoop up plenty of em though. So much talent going to the Bahamas at the end of this season.

You mean so much hype and pop you could use going to the Bahamas? :D

I don't even know what I am gonna do with my guy. Most likely going to retire him after this season, but will have to see how he does for the rest of the season.

Not a current Island fighter, but Darth Vader is from last season and he is my "top fighter"

I hear that Darth Mauler guy is pretty good too tho.

You mean so much hype and pop you could use going to the Bahamas? :D

I don't even know what I am gonna do with my guy. Most likely going to retire him after this season, but will have to see how he does for the rest of the season.

I get abuse about that all the time but I'll use non-Island SPI Helsinki as an example.

SPI: Torquil Bram (6-1) - 218

HG: Calixtro Guerrero (6-2) - 157

HG: Marcos De Los Santos (6-2) - 148

Bram would be our 11th highest hyped/popped heavyweight with 7 fights, yet the average above him is around 19 fights.

SPI: Aku Saari (9-1) [Not champ] - 296

HG: Alejandro Vaseuez (8-1) - 136

Saari would be our 6th highest hyped/popped light heavyweight with 9 fights, yet the average above him is 25 fights.

SPI: Irbek Alborov (7-1) - 262

HG: Bill The Kid (8-0) - 215

HG: Tadeusz Cymanski (6-1) - 56

HG: Adam Hofman (6-1) - 44

Alborov would be our 4th highest hyped/popped middleweight with 8 fights, yet the average above him is 19 fights.

I've missed out other examples like their lower weight classes not having highly hyped guys, or Vitaly Karelin I guess could have been compared to their HW champ and Karelin has more, but the point I'm trying to make is HG isn't just some Island ratings machine. These guys in SPI Helsinki are getting much more hyped than our guys with muuuuuuuch less fights. That's of course down to their match making and they've done a cracking job of doing it, but I keep hearing this "HG is only blah blah cause of The Island". SPI Helsinki just have less numbers of highly hyped guys as us, but their guys also have like 10 fights total where as ours have like 25-30 in a lot of cases. Aku Saari has more hype than Serge Ibaka (21-3), former AFL and HG champion with 8 title defences to his name, BJ Arnold (17-4) and I could name loads more but I reckon the point was made :D.

If I can get 11th highest hyped with Bram, who lost a recent fight and only has 6 wins to his name, never once fighting an Island guy, I don't think other people are at a huge disadvantage to us at this stage. Most of this stuff is about putting the right fighters against the right opponents so that if one loses a lot of hype, the other gains it. Just don't like being always tagged as an "advantaged" org when there are literally 4 ages of fighters we can even sign, 25-29.

• Upvote 2

I think my Island fighter Julius Jackson will end up being my best fighter. I made him when I first started the game and didn't understand anything about the Island. He was 18 and got thrown to the wolves, but he pops like crazy and is starting to be ask skilled as the 25/26 year olds.

Well not my best but my second best fighter atm is a former Island Season 1 fighter - "Lucky" Liam O'Connor. He's next in line for a Troid Middleweight title shot.

For an ex-Island 25 year old fighter, I think he's had a pretty successful career but I doubt there's many fights left for him before he'll have to hang up his gloves.

My guy Arthur Shopenhauer would be my best (highest ranked) fighter if not for unlucky sub breaking his 9-win streak (that pissed me off, it aches to see really long winning streak break). My currently best (highest ranked) fighter is last Island season's Torrelio's fighter picked up by me from FAs (thanks Torelio ^^).

My guy Arthur Shopenhauer would be my best (highest ranked) fighter if not for unlucky sub breaking his 9-win streak (that pissed me off, it aches to see really long winning streak break). My currently best (highest ranked) fighter is last Island season's Torrelio's fighter picked up by me from FAs (thanks Torelio ^^).

You're welcome. Glad to see you're having success with Offley.

I have the #1 LW and #9 LHW on the Island and I'll be the first to admit that its more build and matchup specific than the regular game. The first month or two its about impossible to slider your way past a straight subspammer or clinchraper unless you are built specifically for it.

I have the #1 LW and #9 LHW on the Island and I'll be the first to admit that its more build and matchup specific than the regular game. The first month or two its about impossible to slider your way past a straight subspammer or clinchraper unless you are built specifically for it.

If Dahl wins, you'll get two #1 on the island. Good luck with your fight.

If Dahl wins, you'll get two #1 on the island. Good luck with your fight.

Definitely didnt go exactly as planned, but I still got the win. When i knocked him down and realized I forgot to set Dahl to follow to the ground I got pissed at myself.

So that's 2 top 10 Island fighters and the #1 LW and #1 LHW. I came up with a great build and got lucky with both of them getting good chins.