Takedown power

aveiro17

Hi, if my fighter got 12++ wrestling and the same for takedown offence, and the guy he is against is 4 wrestling, i got 11 agility and 12 speed too. Would i still be able to take him down if i set the Damage up to maximum? i would like to do a great slam, but i got no standup, because he is only 16. So only option is to take him down, i just want to be sure... so max damage og just set it more towards accuracy?

• 2 months later...

The damage/accuracy slider doesnt affect anything to do with takedowns..

Go nuts! :)

Really? I have heard from multiple top managers that it does in fact effect takedowns.

• Upvote 1

Really? I have heard from multiple top managers that it does in fact effect takedowns.

This would be fuckin news to me! Also, if that is the case its a bad idea surely?

My theory is that the tko slam comes randomly and probably has more to do with your wrestling primaries and secondaires being much greater than your opponents defences or if your opponent is injured or he is really underweight for the class he fights in (ie, 225cm-135 lbs would be prone to it) <-- i did one have a fighter with this build and it happened to him at least once.

• Upvote 1

I've had a wrestler i've used high damage takedowns with who would shoot in and land in side control most times, so i do believe it is a factor.

The bell rings for round one and we are underway!
http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/takedown.gif
Fabbri shoots in for a takedown from distance. He catches Kreve napping and manages to drive through into side control!

From the Tycoon World Grappling Championship wiki

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Tycoon_World_Grappling_Championships

• Damage vs Accuracy (Active - will determine force of takedown)

Always trust a unicorn apparently :D

I've been playing this game for years and this is the first that i have ever heard of this. I'm gonna have to try it out and see for myself.

My theory is that the tko slam comes randomly and probably has more to do with your wrestling primaries and secondaires being much greater than your opponents defences or if your opponent is injured or he is really underweight for the class he fights in (ie, 225cm-135 lbs would be prone to it) <-- i did one have a fighter with this build and it happened to him at least once.

I think this is what i think.. Wasn't aware damage had much to do with takedowns.

Higher Damage absolutely does increase the chance of Slams, what isn't 100% known is how much does this actually effect the landing rate of the TD attempts or positions you end up in on TD's. Not sure anyone but mike knows for sure, but common sense would tell you it has too.

And so Duphus has spoken. I figured this was always the case, but good to get confirmation.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33733&hl=slam&do=findComment&comment=406975

Higher damage on the feet will result in slam takedowns. I can't remember if they are more reckless or not. I don't think so. It's one of those things; you could have plenty more sliders than we do but you gotta draw the line somewhere.

According to Mike Tycoon.

• Upvote 3