Apparently I live in my parents basement now?

Qrash

I run a New York org. I emailed one of my fighters about a recent fight that was classic sub spamming. Entire fight, not a single punch. It was just takedown and then sub attempt after sub attempt. Anyway, I was not an a-hole about it and was polite. It was all worth it because the responses I got from this guy are making my day. Here they are:

Sub Spamming? Are you serious?

My fighter is a submission fighter...if you don't want to reward that, then release him, fella.

Sub spamming....you have been on here way too long.

Give him the fight or [redacted] walks...

Do you get me, sweetheart?

Dear Bo Jangles,

Just let him sit then, Bo Jangles. Your methods are unsound and your fight organization is weak. When you respond, don't type to loud. I understand that the walls are thin in your parents basement and you will be upsetting daddy. You wouldn't want him to spank you again, Bo Jangles, do you.

I suggest you let him fight for the title or else. He will then win the title and leave your organization as a champion, cheezy ass belt in hand. Your fighters suck and so do you.

www.youtube.com/watch

Now go eat your cheesy poofs you fat bastard.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hilarious. I don't think you should complain about managers subspamming though. It's a valid tactic.

I agree royce gracie was a "sub spammer" and he dominated UFC when it started, but I do think you should teach these rude people a lesson, If i were you I'd search for a powerful KO fighter and ask him for a 2 fight contract have him destroy both of these two and then let them go.

Seriously, everyone needs to stop complaining about sub spamming. It's a tactic that has a place in the game.

My theory is that people get so upset about it simply because the words "Sub Attempt" appear in big and red on the screen. If "KO Punch" was used the same way, people would complain that people were KO spamming everytime they set punches to high damage.

Seriously, everyone needs to stop complaining about sub spamming. It's a tactic that has a place in the game.

My theory is that people get so upset about it simply because the words "Sub Attempt" appear in big and red on the screen. If "KO Punch" was used the same way, people would complain that people were KO spamming everytime they set punches to high damage.

First, I wish I had a fighter in NY, I'd jump in line to bean a sub spammer. I've never had a problem beating them, the better part of my wins are over Takedown Spammers.

Now, Dreaded, Sub spamming/TD Spamming would be valid if the attempts took valid amounts of energy from the fighter trying them. They Don't right now. Mike has said they don't work properly. Maybe people should stop complaining about it, cause it is being worked on, but I garauntee you once it's working correctly, and guys start gassing themselves out 2 min's into the first round, it won't be as widely exploited. THEN it will have a place in the game as a valid tactic. It takes a LOT of energy to drive through and genuinely attempt to finish a takedown. Especially at upwards of 30-40 a match. Likewise with submissions. I can't count how many times I've heard Rogan say something along the lines of, he needs to be careful with the subs, he doesn't want to over-exert himself too early in the match.

First, I wish I had a fighter in NY, I'd jump in line to bean a sub spammer. I've never had a problem beating them, the better part of my wins are over Takedown Spammers.

Now, Dreaded, Sub spamming/TD Spamming would be valid if the attempts took valid amounts of energy from the fighter trying them. They Don't right now. Mike has said they don't work properly. Maybe people should stop complaining about it, cause it is being worked on, but I garauntee you once it's working correctly, and guys start gassing themselves out 2 min's into the first round, it won't be as widely exploited. THEN it will have a place in the game as a valid tactic. It takes a LOT of energy to drive through and genuinely attempt to finish a takedown. Especially at upwards of 30-40 a match. Likewise with submissions. I can't count how many times I've heard Rogan say something along the lines of, he needs to be careful with the subs, he doesn't want to over-exert himself too early in the match.

this is all that needs to be said on the matter. it states the problem AND the solution.

Has Mike said what exactly is the effect of gassing out during a fight? I've seen that happen and the fighters seem to truck along like normal.

yeah, it's not at all uncommon to see someone gas out like 2 minutes into the first round, and then fight another 23 minutes without any noticeable effects.

Ill take it from his reply you threatened to let his fighter sit and rot without fighting? ill be avoiding your org then.

I'll admit I did tell him that was an option, but only because he didn't seem to think I had any chance but to let him fight for the title. I wouldn't do that. I would rather release a fighter that I don't like and get him off my roster. I would never keep a guy on for 30 days just for the hell of it to be an a-hole. Here was my original message to him:

Bo from CoV here. I know you won, but that was some serious sub spamming in the match tonight. I don't want to be an a-hole but I'm not sure I want to give a title shot to Brown because then I'm rewarding sub spamming. I'm not saying it's your fault or anything, sometimes fighters just go against your gameplan. Any idea what happened? Did you have the sub slider all the way up?

I'll admit I did tell him that was an option, but only because he didn't seem to think I had any chance but to let him fight for the title. I wouldn't do that. I would rather release a fighter that I don't like and get him off my roster. I would never keep a guy on for 30 days just for the hell of it to be an a-hole. Here was my original message to him:

It's really none of your business what tactics fighters employ. If you don't like jitz fighters don't sign them. Sign only stand up fighters and have an org with only kickboxing matches if that's what you prefer. Do you really think Dana tells Damien Maia before a match make sure you mix it up on your feet to keep it more interesting or berate him after a fight for only trying to win by submission? Sounds to me like you want to follow in the footsteps of Shaw and EliteXC paying guys under the table to stand up with Kimbo.

No kidding. People will stop setting their sliders this way if it doesn't work. Until then, people need to realize we are playing a game where some tactics work better than others. We are all playing within the confines of the simulation, therefore, nobody can complain about another fighters tactics.

The people complaining about this sound like Tito complaining that Machida is a pussy because he fought to his strengths instead of just standing there and letting himself get hit.

http://www.cagepotato.com/node?page=2

It's really none of your business what tactics fighters employ. If you don't like jitz fighters don't sign them. Sign only stand up fighters and have an org with only kickboxing matches if that's what you prefer. Do you really think Dana tells Damien Maia before a match make sure you mix it up on your feet to keep it more interesting or berate him after a fight for only trying to win by submission? Sounds to me like you want to follow in the footsteps of Shaw and EliteXC paying guys under the table to stand up with Kimbo.

on the flipside of this tho...it's HIS ORG...HE'S BOSS...bottom line, what he says, goes...that's it. he can sit anyone for whatever reason. he can release anyone for any reason. and so what, some dude like you or 14 other guys that look like you don't like it. he'll just get someone else. and while you go around spreading the word that he sucks as an owner (hypothetical, don't get pissy), he could completely change his ways and run it more the way you would want it run and you're just assed out cuz he won't re-sign you.

i'm all for the fighters and whatnot but damn man...the boss is the boss. he ain't gotta have a sense of humor.

If I ran an org and someone sent me messages like that i'd release him and let someone else handle him. I am trying to work out this 'or else' threat, he goes on to say he will take the title and then walk with it but you are not putting him in a title match so how exactly will he be doing that?

People take games like this way too serious sometimes, if my fighter gets a shot at a title I am happy, if he is 5-0 and still not fighting for the title then I would just keep on accepting and winning until he does get his shot

i thought what he said was jokes but im actully on brown's side he is a submission artist not a stand up fighter his stragey is to get you to the ground and submit you i dont see anything wrong with that then u message him telling him not spam he gets a little rid saying to jut release him then same thing i would say then u say nah im not gonna release for being a dick im gonna keep u for thirty days and not use u thats when he really got pissed u caused all of this just release him and let him go on with his life theirs no point in keeping him if your not gonna use him

i thought what he said was jokes but im actully on brown's side he is a submission artist not a stand up fighter his stragey is to get you to the ground and submit you i dont see anything wrong with that then u message him telling him not spam he gets a little rid saying to jut release him then same thing i would say then u say nah im not gonna release for being a dick im gonna keep u for thirty days and not use u thats when he really got pissed u caused all of this just release him and let him go on with his life theirs no point in keeping him if your not gonna use him

First off I never said who the fighter was. And I dont mind submission fighters, but all I was doing was trying to get more information on the situation. He could have answered back "I'm sorry you're not a fan of sub spamming but that is the way I want my fighter to fight. If you don't agree with my tactics perhaps we can work something out."

But instead the kneejerk reaction was to insult me and assume I think he's the worst person on earth. The fighter in question was released almost immediately by the way, I had no plans on letting someone rot on the sidelines.

First off I never said who the fighter was. And I dont mind submission fighters, but all I was doing was trying to get more information on the situation. He could have answered back "I'm sorry you're not a fan of sub spamming but that is the way I want my fighter to fight. If you don't agree with my tactics perhaps we can work something out."

But instead the kneejerk reaction was to insult me and assume I think he's the worst person on earth. The fighter in question was released almost immediately by the way, I had no plans on letting someone rot on the sidelines.

ok well to be fair that was his exact reply i mean yea he may have ben a little rude about it but he said im a submission artist and thats what i do if u dont like it release me then he called u a name so u said maybe ill just have you sit there and what do u mean by perhaps we could work something out thats jokes y the hell would he change his tactics just because you dont like them he gets results and im sure he wont be changeing them for you or anyone else for that matter