Leg reach

NoNoNo

Sadly they havent added this stat to all fighter I would love to see who has the biggest leg reach in UFC and how that effects fighters performance.

Stefan Struve flat out lmao

• Upvote 1

"Guys, you have to understand. I've rolled with this guy and his legs are unbelievable. I mean like nylon wearing, sexyama, turn me into a store bought food eater legs! HE IS THE NEXT JON JONES!!!! LEGS! LEGS! KICK! TAEKWONDO! JIU JITSU! LEGS OF A GOD!! SO LONG I ALMOST SWITCHED SIDES!!!"

Oh sorry I went full Rogan. (I love Joe, but he loves his kickies)

Who gives a shit about leg reach? Reach is overrated except in a few instances. Mr. Jones being the most exceptional fighter using length (punches, kicks, elbows, knees) that we've seen. Reach and kick length are relatively small factors for most fighters. If you have long legs but they don't retract fast, get ready to get dumped on your head. If you have short legs and you go for body/head, good luck with that unless they are bent over from exhaustion. If you don't know how to close the gap, all of the above doesn't matter because you will get smacked up by a longer fighter. If you know they are long, that long fighter is probably going to get pummeled in clinch or grounded, or will be weak in exchanges/get punished on their long joints. There are too many factors, and length just isn't the end all be all people make it out to be. It is important in Boxing, but this is MMA: where Cormier can dominate HW and then lose at LHW, all while haveing less size and reach of a lot of 185ers. Reach is great to assess, but most fighters don't use it right. Its almost like KO Power in a way; effective, underutilized and neutralized by a good gameplan.

• Downvote 1

http://cdn2.cagepotato.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/tumblr_mwitbfRuCi1si9idzo4_500.jpg

I agree with this post.

I want hand size, toenail lenght and boob size next!

On a more serious note, I find all these stats irrelevant not only because they're so partial with information but mostly because of the measuring standards involved. How many times have you seen the guy with the higher height value being so much shorter than his opponent? The only physical stats I would be interested would be weight values at the weigh in and just before stepping in the cage.

More info is good I guess... Dunno where they are measuring this to though... Foot to "inner thigh"?

Torrelio is right in a lot of instances unfortunately - the measuring leaves a lot to be desired on too many occasions.

Yeah, it reminds me of this:

http://i.imgur.com/7GpnBop.png