162lbs to small for Lightweight?

Still pretty green to the game and I have a guy I am working on for a 155er. Wondering at 162lbs natural weight, if he will be "too small" and get bullied around? Read a few spots that people like to have their fighters 7-8 lbs over their division. Just curious what people think.

He should be fine mate. I made most of my fighters when I was new to the game and built 155lbs fighters at 155lbs and so on, and haven't had any issues. You can always by weight gain or loss to change your weight if you like.

I know of a lot of people who make guys from 8 - 12 LBs over the fighting weight..

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Cutting_weight

States that if you have perfect conditioning and at 100% energy you can be at 171LB and still make the 155 weight class. But to me thats a ton of weight to cut. If you already made the guy at 162 their are tons of places to grab some weight gain products. Should help out.

He should be fine mate. I made most of my fighters when I was new to the game and built 155lbs fighters at 155lbs and so on, and haven't had any issues. You can always by weight gain or loss to change your weight if you like.

yeah i did the same thing with most of my guys, and made it so they either A: wouldn't have to cut any weight, or B: would only have to cut like 2-3 pounds. this was before i knew that cutting weight has zero effect on the fight (for now).

whenever my 170lb welterweight loses his next fight (he's 5-2, with one loss being a title fight) i may have him start fighting at 155. he can already cut to 158.4, so with a bit more conditioning work and having him lose 1 or 2 pounds i can have him ready to fight at 155 pretty quickly.

My guy Peter Kylstra weights 220, and on full power can cut too 202.5

Does anyone has exprience with weight loss suplement, cause it works a lot, I'm wondering if i can get this beat down to 185

I had a 167 pound fighter (could cut to ~152) that I wanted in the -145 class and used MMAmputation Weight Loss Program from MMA's Best Nutrition.

I used it for 19 days and now my guy can cut to 144.8. So it takes quite some time to drop the weight but you can still do it :)

I had a 167 pound fighter (could cut to ~152) that I wanted in the -145 class and used MMAmputation Weight Loss Program from MMA's Best Nutrition.

I used it for 19 days and now my guy can cut to 144.8. So it takes quite some time to drop the weight but you can still do it :)

Awsome, I'll do this as soon as his current contract finnishes, it has no use to lose so much weight while still being contracted too the lhw devision