Managers releasing fighters under contract

sabaton

Why would it be unfair if the dude is being released into FA? How in the world could that possibly be unfair?

If the fighter spent it, fine. I'm talking about if they still have funds. If the fighter doesn't, take it from the manager. If that puts him in the red, then maybe he should honor his contracts?

Why would it be unfair if the dude is being released into FA? How in the world could that possibly be unfair?

If the fighter spent it, fine. I'm talking about if they still have funds. If the fighter doesn't, take it from the manager. If that puts him in the red, then maybe he should honor his contracts?

ÅMEN! Those mofos have to learn not to mess with org owners!

For someone who has seemingly unlimited resources, bitching about $200 signing on fee is retarded.

yeah, but for someone who is struggling to stay out of debt, it's not retarded. It is very annoying when it happens in the beginning of your fight org...

hasnt happened to me yet, but if it was to it would hurt me big time in my org. they has to be some kind of penalty for releasing your fighter while under contract.

Agreed!

To be fair if the manager would at least send a message to the org owner telling them what's up instead of just cutting them.

Then if this rule was in affect the org owner would have the option to drop them

Another option would be to have the manager of the released fighter be the ORG. That way the fighter could still finish out the contract.

Could not get his contract renegotiated, because if that were the case, then the org owner could potentially have an unlimited number of fighters as his own, and I know Mike doesn't want that. But if the org owner could control the guy while he's contracted, that might work. Then he just becomes an FA once the contract expires and the org owner would have to FA claim him like anyone else if he wanted to keep him around.

This option would certainly need a LOT more coding though :)

I say cry me a river, its not like orgs don't make anuff money. When orgs make more then all the other companies do in a single event I don't think they should complain about money.

I say cry me a river, its not like orgs don't make anuff money. When orgs make more then all the other companies do in a single event I don't think they should complain about money.

What makes you everyones accountant? You shouldn't be concerned about the dollar amounts orgs make, that has nothing to do with this post nor is it any of your business what someones finances are. The fact is for a new struggling org this is very tough to deal with... the money, the hassle, everything. I say if you enter a fighter into a contract you cannot release him until he has met the obligations of his contract.

how about maybe making that a contract option. Like exclusive was spose to be, but where as owners can offer contracts with a no-release clause or something.

I think thats a good solution

Hype hit is good, paying back the signing bonus not at all. What if the organization payed a signing bonus of 20,000 for 5 fights and the fighter has already fought 4 times? This way it's even advantageous for the organizations to have managers releasing their fighters under contract. That shouldn't be possible.

Hype hit is good, paying back the signing bonus not at all. What if the organization payed a signing bonus of 20,000 for 5 fights and the fighter has already fought 4 times? This way it's even advantageous for the organizations to have managers releasing their fighters under contract. That shouldn't be possible.

No, that's a simple solution

20,000 divided by 5. He'd have to pay back 4000.

Also, I know that Mike was, or is, setting it up so that if a champ leaves an org who's hype is under 100, they don't get a hype hit.

This could be done the same way. Orgs with less than 100 hype get the money back. Orgs over 100 probably have tons of cash and can afford the hit easy. Even though it still sucks.

I say that if a fighter is released and become a free agent with fights on his contract, make him automatically say yes to any fight offers until his contract runs out or until another manager gets him

I say that if a fighter is released and become a free agent with fights on his contract, make him automatically say yes to any fight offers until his contract runs out or until another manager gets him

I second this idea. I got hit with 6 of them just this last week and this would really help take the pain out of it.