New Gym Opened in Hilo

Pumph

Seeing only 1 public gym open, and it being majorly overcrowded, a new gym (Island Warriors) has been opened. 7 Elite coaches have been hired, and more will be added as the gym starts to fill up. Granted, the $1000 per week is more more than the other Hilo gym, but you will not be sharing your training sessions with 10-15 other fighters, and your fighters might actually learn something.

A sparring schedule will soon follow, but first, we need gym members.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for joining.

For some reason, the messages I'm typing into the chatbox and gym messages are not showing up, so I'm posting it here on the forums.

I will continue to hire more coaches each week as the gym continues to grow. I am bringing on another double-elite coach to handle striking defense, since those classes are already overcrowded, and another elite conditioning coach for general classes. I may add other coaches as well. If not this week, then next. I will make these hires after Thursday so I don't get hit with double wages.

Even if the gym gets crowded, I will make sure that the classes don't, by keep adding coaches, and also establishing sparring sessions. I would like you all to try and honor the following system, where more advanced fighters can benefit from high-level sparring, and lower-level fighters can benefit from sparring with others like them, while not diluting the sparring for the higher-level fighters. Don't be "THAT guy", who ruins it for everyone else. "THAT guy", will be kicked out of the gym if he can't comply.

Monday AM: Boxing (1-3 Stars), Muay Thai (3-5 Stars)

Monday PM: Wrestling (1-3 Stars), BJJ (3-5 Stars)

Tuesday AM: Boxing (3-5 Stars), Muay Thai (1-3 Stars)

Tuesday PM: Wrestling (3-5 Stars), BJJ (1-3 Stars)

Wednesday AM: Muay Thai (3-5 Stars), Boxing (1-3 Stars)

Wednesday PM: BJJ (3-5 Stars), (Wrestling 1-3 Stars)

Thursday AM: Muay Thai (1-3 Stars), Boxing (3-5 Stars)

Thursday PM: BJJ (1-3 Stars), Wrestling (3-5 Stars)

Friday AM: Leave Open for individuals to pair off and set up their own sparring

Friday PM: Leave Open for individuals to pair off and set up their own sparring

Saturday AM: Boxing (3-5 Stars), Muay Thai (1-3 Stars), Wrestling (3-5 Stars), BJJ (1-3 Stars)

Saturday PM: Boxing (1-3 Stars), Muay Thai (3-5 Stars), Wrestling (1-3 Stars), BJJ (3-5 Stars)

Please honor this so every member can get the most out of their training.

No matter your fighter's skill levels, there are at least 3 sparring sessions set up each week for him to spar each discipline.

Make sure to click the "vending" checkbox for your training. I just partnered with a nutrition company, and will have 155Q energy boost products in there 3 days from now. I was looking for someone with 160Q, but they're all committed to other gyms. This company promises to have 160Q in the near future. In the meantime, get the most out of your training by picking up something from the vending machine.

I value your feedback. Please feel free to mail me with questions, concerns, and suggestions.

• Upvote 1