Primal Combat 280k+

Warpig

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14125840584863.jpg

Shawn "Gravex" McLean (281133)

With my latest victory i bring my career to 5-0 with 5 KO's.

I have come a long way since being the "fat kid" at school, shedding a lot of my baby fat and getting in shape.

Now that i have signed to Primal's Heavyweight Tournament, it is time to get serious to see if i have what it takes against the other top prospects in the world.

I am in the best shape of my life and i am only going to continue to improve. BAM!

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1447844470primal-poster.png

Primal #1

12th December 2015

The Underground, New York

With the sound of drums beating and the city buzzing the lights come on in The Underground in the heart of New York as Primal Combat finally kicks off. One thousand fans are expected to cram into the underground to witness the birth of a new sensation in the 280k landscape and the beginning of some of the most promising young fighters careers in the tycoon world.

Main Event

Marcin Piechocki vs Marcin Hard

The nights main event sees two young Polish born light heavyweights collide in what should be an exiting and aggressive fight. Piechocki is a ground and pound machine, running through his first 5 professional fights with first round finishes, his ability to absorb his opponents shots and come forward for the takedown are a credit to his chin and confidence in his own offence, there's no secret to what Piechocki will be looking to do and if this one hits the mat and the hammerfists start raining down we might be going home early.

Marcin Hard is a more rounded fighter whos only professional fight saw him take his opponent down and grind out a ground and pound victory by the way of decision, despite not having the same stopping power or wrestling pedigree as Piechocki he may still look to employ the same gameplan in the hopes of landing on top on the ground and stiffling his opponents offensive tactics.

Will we see two grapplers look for the takedown all fight, or will Hard look to keep this one on the feet to batter the more skilled wrestler Piechocki?

Prediction: Piechocki via TKO

Co-Main Event

Marko Falconi vs Zlad Masters

Middleweight prospects clash in the co-main event in a fight that sees the Kiwi native, "Falco" square off with the exciting grappling prospect out of the USA Zlad Masters. Falconi, a scarily aggressive boxer who throws combos all fight will be looking to rush forward and blitz his opponent before he can even think about attempting a takedown. Falconis ability to just keep pushing the pace and come forward will be his key to victory in this one, if he tires out and ends up on the mat he may see himself submit to Masters.

American prospect Masters come into this fight with an undefeated record with two submission wins, an improving striker with sharp grappling skills, he will be looking to drag the rampaging Falconi down to the mat to twist his limbs off.

Expect fireworks and a lot of action in this fight, Falconi is a rabid animal inside the cage and Masters is a slick technician, which style will come out on top?

Prediction: Masters via Submission

Featherweight Fight

Deair Shaw vs Brandon Longson

Two 25 year old featherweights get their chance to separate themselves from a deep division in this featured fight, with sprawl and brawl boxer Shaw stepping into the cage with BJJ gun Longson. "Killer" Shaw has all the tools to be a good fighter, with a chin made of granite and huge stopping power in his hands the only way to stop him is to take him down. Growing up in Vegas, "Killer" is no stranger to the fight scene. Currently training out of Hilo with the Gracie Barra camp, this striker could be a force in this division for some time to come.

"The Wizard" Longson, a native to England moved out to Los Angeles looking for a chance to strut his stuff inside the cage, with two submission wins from his three pro fights, he is a dangerous opponent for anyone in the division, despite lacking striking skills his BJJ brown belt can never be discounted as it only takes a short moment for him to coil you up and take a limb. Determination and heart will see Longson hang in there and absorb the strikes of Shaw, if he can hang on long enough he might just get this one to the ground and score the win.

Prediction: Shaw via TKO

More to follow, stay tuned!

• Upvote 2

You plan on a SHW class? I have one I created a couple days ago that may need a home if he turns out to be a keeper (if he ever gets an opponent in his qfc)

I plan on it, yes. However I will have to have a look over the market of free agents to see if there is enough fighters to establish it just yet

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1449141539heavyweight-poster.png

Round one of the heavyweight tournament is set, preview for each tournament fight is being produced as we speak and will be due for release after Primal #1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14292058231498.jpg

Rob Maldonado

That's a crazy ass poster I love it! Super glad being a part of this and starting my Legacy with Primal Combat!

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1449141539heavyweight-poster.png

Primal #2

Heavyweight Tournament Round One

Heavyweights collide for the first time when Primal launches its heavyweight tournament and unleashes an array of future stars for their debut appearances for the organisation. The Underground in New York will be quaking with anticipation for this event and 1000 strong die hard fans are expected to jostle for the best seats in the house to witness the continued rise of the newest sensation in the MMA world.

Main Event

Heavyweight Tournament Bout

Buz Ionel vs James Marley

The nights main event features two highly touted heavyweights in a opening round tournament fight in their quest to capture a large cash prize and the coveted heavyweight title.

Buz "The Nightmare" Ionel, a rising sensation from Romania is one of the highest rated prospects to strap the gloves on for the Primal heavyweight division, coming in at a huge 200cm in height and cutting weight to make the 265 limit there is no doubting the fact that The Nightmare is justified in his nickname. Using size and strength, Buz has dominated his first two professional fights with dirty boxing inside the clinch with neither fight getting past the 2 minute mark. He will be looking to control his opponent in the clinch come fight night and unload with fast heavy shots.

James Marley, originating from England and currently training out Amsterdam is a well rounded prospect who has 5 fights under his belt, with 4 wins, all of which were (T)KO finishes. Much like his opponent, the first thing that stands out about Marley is his sheer size and stature, standing just 3cm shy of Buz Ionel at 197cm he has a 14lb weight advantage over his taller opponent. The extra weight and power may work in his favour as he will be no doubt looking to keep on the outside of Buz and hit him with kicks and punches, he may also take this one to the ground and look for the ground and pound finish, no one but Marley himself knows for sure.

This fight will be a hard one to call, but the more advanced skills and flexibility in gameplan may see Marley come out on top, however if Ionel can get a hold of his opponent and land those shots on the inside it may be all over.

Co-Main Event

Middleweight Bout

Uriah Gastelum vs Rocker Mabok

The nights co-main event pits two middleweight prospects against one another in what should be an action packed fight between contrasting styles. Uriah Gastelum is 3-0 in his career so far coming into his Primal debut, with all 3 wins coming by way of stoppage. Whether it's on the feet or on the ground, Gastelum has the power and skill to finish with strikes, ruthless aggression and power sum Gastelum up, expect Gastelum to look for the takedown rather then trading with the better boxer in Mabok on the feet.

Rocker Mabok will be making his MMA debut at Primal #2, hailing from Cambodia, Rocker is an exciting prospect. A classic sprawl and brawl boxer with a distinguished amateur boxing background Mabok will be looking to avoid being taken down at all costs and if he hits Gastelum clean early his pedigree hands may put it away before the judges can even look at their scorecards.

Shawn McLean vs Courtney Youngs

Shawn McLean, the big hitting Englishman squares off with Courtney Youngs, the untried talent from the UK in another of the nights Heavyweight tournament bouts.

Shawn McLean, arguably the number one seed in this tournament comes into the fight riding a wave of momentum with an impressive 5-0 record, all coming by way of stoppage. A Gorilla Warfare MMA product, his martial arts pedigree can not be denied, utilising his impressive boxing skills and devastating hands, he will be looking to hit his wrestler opponent hard and early to avoid being taken down. Watch out for the highlight reel knockout, Gravex is a bomb ready to go off.

Courtney Youngs enters the fight making his professional MMA debut, the wrestling phenom hailing from the UK will be looking to dodge and weave his way through the dynamite that his opponent will be throwing to try and smother his momentum and put his wrestling game to good use, look out for the ground and pound and clinch skills, he is an unpredictable opponent, only time will tell what Youngs brings to the table, can he accomplish an upset on his way to the second round of the tournament?

Light Heavyweight Bout

Jed Fredo vs Mike Lowery

Two 3-0 light heavyweight prospects clash in an exciting fight guaranteed to deliver action. Jed Fredo is a well rounded fighter who can finish in multiple ways, with submission and TKO victories under his belt already, a true mixed martial artist, look for him to take this one to the mat and try to submit his boxing prodigee opponent.

Mike Lowery, a boxing beast from Miami comes into this fight riding 3 straight victories to kick off his career, a solid chin and genuine finishing power are traits that make any boxer a dangerous opponent, his wrestling skill will be tested in this one and we will see how well he fares against a true mixed martial artist. Can he survive the grappling attempts to land his shots?

Rob Maldonado vs Karl Eriksson

Another of the nights tournament bouts see's two more prospects beat their chest in the cage to determine who continues on through the tournament. Rob Maldonado, an Australian prospect currently training in New York is a dirty boxing wrestler who throws a large magnitude of strikes inside the clinch, utilising his speed and agility being a smaller heavyweight, Maldonado will look to tie up his opponent early to batter him on the inside.

Karl Eriksson, the kickboxing kiwi comes into the fight after a highlight reel professional debut, finishing his last opponent with a flying knee. An absolute kicking machine, Eriksson is a beast in the stand up game and will look to chop his opponent down with kicks before icing him, look for Eriksson to utilise his footwork to avoid the clinch and punish Maldonado on the outside counter.

Jim Angewis vs Gomu Gomu

Jim Angewis enters the tournament hoping to turn his career around, sliding to 0-2 in his pro career, this tournament might just be the thing to drive him upward and motivate him to becoming a better fighter. A well rounded striker, Angewis will look to employ his skills and try to outpunch the more skilled boxer Gomu.

Gomu Gomu, a product of Indonesia will be looking to destroy his opponent early to get back to the training camp for round 2 of the tournament, one of the highest skilled competitors in the tournament, his devotion to training and becoming more skilled are evident, holding a purple belt in BJJ and being an accomplished boxer will see Gomu be a threat to any man, regardless of where the fights ends up.
  • Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14125840584863.jpg

Shawn "Gravex" McLean (281133)

Shout out to my boy "Dangerous" for a successful Primal debut!

But now that I have gotten the amateur fights out of the way, it is time to step it up a notch and fight some real fighters. Even though i am 5-0, i haven't exactly been fighting big names. This tournament will show whether or not i have the skills to get to the top.

Having said that, i made my debut as a 275lbs fat kid. I am leaner, meaner and hungrier than ever before.

(posted in the wrong place previously)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14417187615832.jpg

James Marley (280585)

Good luck to my opponent Buz Ionel tonight. I know that he is part of the up and coming stable belonging to Altair so no doubt it should be a good fight. It will nice to be able to test myself against some of the world's best 280k Heavyweights.

• Upvote 1

(posted in the wrong place previously)

James Marley (280585)

Good luck to my opponent Buz Ionel tonight. I know that he is part of the up and coming stable belonging to Altair so no doubt it should be a good fight. It will nice to be able to test myself against some of the world's best 280k Heavyweights.

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14400318428633.png

Buz "The Nightmare" Ionel

My manager isn't verry confident that I will be the one to break the course of lossing to Stu Mack roster, but I want to prove him wrong and ascend to the top of the fighters in the Darkness gym.

James Marley

I am pleased to be walking away with the victory tonight over such a tough opponent. I've no idea what his chin is made of but I was surprised the lights didn't go out much sooner, he just seemed to soak up the damage and keep on coming. Great fight Buz, I'm sure we will meet again in the near future.

My focus is on to the next round now and on to Gomu Gomu who looks to be a bit of a KO King. Time to find out if he can take a punch as well as he throws them.

• Upvote 1