Execute the judges

embalmer

Wow rough decision man, that is hideous ..

I almost cried today...I won a decision today but it should have easily been a UD for me but somehow it was a SPLIT. If you read the fight, Predator outstrikes and out grapples him in all 3 rounds and somehow the play by play said he won.. Luckily two of the 3 judges saw it my way and had my winning or tying all 3 rounds, thank god.. http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=781344 .. I was stunned to see a split decision..

only mike knows exact numbers, but I'm pretty sure mike made leg kicks zap speed so he likely took away some of the points you used to get for landing them.

Leg kicks used to score about 30% less points then a head punch

I added up the points for the whole fight only counting landed and attempted strikes (no adding for damage) under the old system and it looks like this:

West: 90.9 for landed shots and 67.6 points for attempts and a total striking score of 158.5

Steel: 129.9 for landed shots and 34.9 points for attempts and a total striking score of 164.8

So it was really close without taking damage into it, but if both had similar damage then west will have gotten more points via head shots as most of steels points came from leg kicks which score way less with the same damage.

AGAIN UNDER OLD POINT SYSTEM!!!

• Upvote 2

Remember every shot has a damage points, Since I don't know what damage/KO power was set to on either fighter I did not add in those points but if damage was high you could double those points on landed strikes and if low you could add very little. So damage has a large effect on scoring.

Again scoring has changed since mike listed the scoring and may be completely different so I can't say if my list above is even close to the way it is now

Again this is old system and may be completely wrong now that it was changed but:

3 points for a landed head shot + damage points: This will be between .1 to the max value of the strike that is landed, in this case a head shot is 3

You get 3 points + additional damage points for the strike, so 100% damage with high KO power would likely be the full 3 points bonus on damage = 6 points for the strike. If your guy is a pillow fist even with max damage you probably won't get the full +3. I have no idea how much punching power comes into play on the damage so again only mike would know this.

So lets just say both fighters throwing 50% damage and have same KO power so damage bonus is the same for both fighters, because the leg kicks score less then a head punch the damage bonus is also less

head punch = 3 + 1.5 (half the max 3 points for 50% damage) = 4.5 per shot

leg kicks = 2.1 (strike only) + 1.05 (half of the max of 2.1 points for 50% damage = 3.15 per kick

As you can see you'd have to land many more leg kicks to equal the point of all head punches. You'd have to land 43% more of them to equal the head puncher.

Keep in mind other things like energy consumption and draw are also going on, while you may get more for head punches then say body punches. However the energy you zap from your opponent, will make them miss more and do less moves and allow them to be countered easier. So from a pure scoring total, yes some strikes score more then others but some of the lesser scoring strikes can make you win or dominate a fight by getting an energy advantage and thus take over the fight and out land the opponent.