CM Punk rated 85 out of 100 in new UFC video game...

mersh

You know you're butthurt when you're told that things have been changed and you're STILL moaning about the "beta".

I'm not complaining much, I don't know much about Beta at all I just saw some friends playing it, having Gunnar lower than CM in anything is a disgrace.

I think the other thing people need to keep in mind is, is that this is a video game, not a simulator. It's meant to be fun. Who would want to be Bruce Lee or CM Punk if it was accurate and they sucked to play with? They're trying to sell a game to a younger fanbase, not trying to make an accurate re-creation of the UFC.

One of the funnest things about the old EA Sports MMA game was being Bob Sapp and going ape shit on guys like Fedor. It was fun, but not necessarily realistic. Should the skills be accurate? Yeah, to a degree, but at the end of the day it's a console video game meant to make money.

Would an MMA Tycoon-style game be fun with the UFC licensing? Hell yeah, but this isn't it

• Upvote 1

I think the other thing people need to keep in mind is, is that this is a video game, not a simulator. It's meant to be fun. Who would want to be Bruce Lee or CM Punk if it was accurate and they sucked to play with? They're trying to sell a game to a younger fanbase, not trying to make an accurate re-creation of the UFC.

One of the funnest things about the old EA Sports MMA game was being Bob Sapp and going ape shit on guys like Fedor. It was fun, but not necessarily realistic. Should the skills be accurate? Yeah, to a degree, but at the end of the day it's a console video game meant to make money.

Would an MMA Tycoon-style game be fun with the UFC licensing? Hell yeah, but this isn't it

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Unless you're playing on easy or against total shit player, usually Sapp would get rocked and ktfo in that matchup, regardless of your skill level.

CM Punk is signed to the UFC roster. CM Punk isn't in the same class as Bruce Lee or Mike Tyson. Why do people keep mentioning Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson when bringing up CM Punk? CM Punk IS a UFC fighter (well, he's signed, and he's suppose to fight... so we'll see) and he's not a legend of fighting or MMA. Hell, I think calling him a legend in wrestling is excessive. He certainly is no Dwayne Johnson or Steve Austin. Hell, he's not even a Big Sexy Kevin Nash.

Unless you're playing on easy or against total shit player, usually Sapp would get rocked and ktfo in that matchup, regardless of your skill level.

CM Punk is signed to the UFC roster. CM Punk isn't in the same class as Bruce Lee or Mike Tyson. Why do people keep mentioning Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson when bringing up CM Punk? CM Punk IS a UFC fighter (well, he's signed, and he's suppose to fight... so we'll see) and he's not a legend of fighting or MMA. Hell, I think calling him a legend in wrestling is excessive. He certainly is no Dwayne Johnson or Steve Austin. Hell, he's not even a Big Sexy Kevin Nash.

Nope. Definitely don't play sports games on easy. Donkey Kong the computer all day long on medium difficulty. Everyone can get ktfo on that game, let's be honest.

Because Mike Tyson has never sprawled once in his life. He'd need James Toney vs Couture ratings on the ground and that wouldnt be fun for anyone. The similarities between all three of those guys is not one of them will have fought in the UFC at the game's release.

I stopped watching wrestling before he came into the WWE, so I can't really comment there. Those three guys definitely had more of an impact on my youth, that's for sure.

Yeah on the hardest difficulty you could complete EA MMA with anyone in like 10 seconds of each fight just donkey kong swinging.

Ironically, in Undisputed 3 I used to watch some fights (before I got WMMA3 D) and Sapp was easily one of the best fighters in the game.

CM Punk is easily a bigger pro wrestler than Kevin Nash ever was, CM Punk's right up there. I'm actually not a fan. I think his promos were more about being allowed to say stuff than saying it well, and his in ring work was really overrated, but he was definitely one of the biggest guys of all time in his 2011 run till the end.