Takedown and power

aveiro17

No, not in this game. If you spam the takedown or if your opponent knows its coming chances are you will not get it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No, not in this game. If you spam the takedown or if your opponent knows its coming chances are you will not get it.

how? if he got 1, even if he know im gonna take him down, im going to do it anyways? just like a white belt who know know the sweet is coming, but the brown belt De la riva him, because yeah... he is a brown belt??

the sliders dont work like that. if you go 100 % damage, means you'll go charging in like a mad bull without really aiming for the fighter to take him down.

So i guess, its like your fighter runs in a direction, and have to hope the opponent is in that direction. if he is in that direction, he'll be taken down no doubt.

I can smell the salt dripping from your fingers.

People who say "THIS will certainly happen and this won't happen in this game" are generalizing the game too much. It's fight by fight, some days a grappler a get a takedown and some days they won't be able to get it and will be knocked out. Fight by fight.

going 100% damage on takedowns will increase your damage of the takedown and you will slam them to the floor and increase the likelihood of you getting a KO (slam) - fact

We don't know yet, if 100% accuracy means the takedown you get is any easier than 100% damage but it will do less damage. I can only assume the compensation for less damage is a better chance of a takedown but I can't be certain as I haven't seen any evidence to support that assumption.

I would say go for it. While you're still early in the game, why not fuck around with the sliders for a little while when the fight isn't all that important, you might not get another chance to do it.

You SHOULD get the takedown to my calculations, but nothing is certain.

• Upvote 3

Salty I be. I have never got a slam, ever. I have created many wrestles and focused on the ground game for years and have never got a slam let alone a slam knock out.

Now I do know it happens but not by trying to do it. Seems very random to me.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

People who say "THIS will certainly happen and this won't happen in this game" are generalizing the game too much. It's fight by fight, some days a grappler a get a takedown and some days they won't be able to get it and will be knocked out. Fight by fight.

going 100% damage on takedowns will increase your damage of the takedown and you will slam them to the floor and increase the likelihood of you getting a KO (slam) - fact

We don't know yet, if 100% accuracy means the takedown you get is any easier than 100% damage but it will do less damage. I can only assume the compensation for less damage is a better chance of a takedown but I can't be certain as I haven't seen any evidence to support that assumption.

I would say go for it. While you're still early in the game, why not fuck around with the sliders for a little while when the fight isn't all that important, you might not get another chance to do it.

It seems to me as you guys are trying to turn this thread into something its not. The poor kid obviously needs help based on his two post. Lets focus on that.

So it is like if i go 50/50% damage, he only use 6 out of 12(wonderful) in wrestling?

I would advise you to read the slider manual on this game because this game doesn't work the way you seem to think it does.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Salty I be. I have never got a slam, ever. I have created many wrestles and focused on the ground game for years and have never got a slam let alone a slam knock out.

From my "bro sicene with sliders" you only get a ko by slam i going very high damage.Your more then likely get a better position when you get the take down if you go more damage then accuracy but it is harder to get get the take-down .If you go to accurate you more likely to land in his guard and half guard .I generally to go more damage then accuracy with ground guys to try and get that good position if i do get the take-down .With the ref stand ups being so bad you might as well not get the take-down if you land in the guard because it will be stood up quick

• Upvote 3

From my "bro sicene with sliders" you only get a ko by slam i going very high damage.Your more then likely get a better position when you get the take down if you go more damage then accuracy but it is harder to get get the take-down .If you go to accurate you more likely to land in his guard and half guard .I generally to go more damage then accuracy with ground guys to try and get that good position if i do get the take-down .With the ref stand ups being so bad you might as well not get the take-down if you land in the guard because it will be stood up quick

Thanks, it was a brosceince answer like that i needed. I have been reading, that more power makes the guy use more power momentum to drive through and end up in ex. Side control (Y)
  • Upvote 2

It seems to me as you guys are trying to turn this thread into something its not. The poor kid obviously needs help based on his two post. Lets focus on that.

I would advise you to read the slider manual on this game because this game doesn't work the way you seem to think it does.

I dont know why you see me as a new kid i have been in this game in a while tho. What i meant with 50/50 and only half Skill was ironic, that i dont think the guy will run around blindly and "lost all of his Skill" just because of higher damage. :)

Do you know how much the damage/accuracy affect the chance of getting the takedown? Like its much esier to hit with a jab If it is loose with not that much power, but in the takedown scenario you should have the power to drive through the takedown, and maybe the sprawl too?

The fight in on the Island for my wrestler there, so i dont want to take risks, but as im facing a blue belt like me. I thought If i could use my wrestling as an advantage against his not existing wrestling, to land him hard, and work from there.

The fight in on the Island for my wrestler there, so i dont want to take risks, but as im facing a blue belt like me. I thought If i could use my wrestling as an advantage against his not existing wrestling, to land him hard, and work from there.

If you gave him 110 clinchwork (which is what you should always do for any creation or some asshat will come and clinch rape you) is take him in the clinch and rape him(ironic I know).

I dont know why you see me as a new kid i have been in this game in a while tho. What i meant with 50/50 and only half Skill was ironic, that i dont think the guy will run around blindly and "lost all of his Skill" just because of higher damage. :)

I apologize then as I misunderstood what you were saying. But I would imagine that going 100% power would lessen your ability to get a takedown. If a elite boxer chooses to go with absolute power over accuracy, then his punches will be slower and easier to dodge and counter in real life. In this game though, I don't know. You might be on to something. If I go 100% power, I still have my speed and agility skill, so imagine that I would still get off some shots. Has anybody tested this?

I apologize then as I misunderstood what you were saying. But I would imagine that going 100% power would lessen your ability to get a takedown. If a elite boxer chooses to go with absolute power over accuracy, then his punches will be slower and easier to dodge and counter in real life. In this game though, I don't know. You might be on to something. If I go 100% power, I still have my speed and agility skill, so imagine that I would still get off some shots. Has anybody tested this?

Yeah you might be right, becuase i see a difference in punching and shooting for the takedown, as in punches speed kills, but when you shoot for that takedown and drive it through, you need some kind of power right? and not just the accuracy, Hard to take one down, with no power, i think? :)

Yeah you might be right, becuase i see a difference in punching and shooting for the takedown, as in punches speed kills, but when you shoot for that takedown and drive it through, you need some kind of power right? and not just the accuracy, Hard to take one down, with no power, i think? :)

I was going to get into specific takedowns that use little to no power, but I decided it would take too long to type up. Instead, think of the power slider in this game as trying to pick someone up to slam them compared to simply being satisfied getting their butt on the ground. Shooting from outside in the center of the cage compared to running them up against the cage and grinding them down in the hopes you might scoop them up. A suplex or Cormier's famous single leg tossing them over his head compared to GSP driving in and straight to guard.

• Upvote 1

I was going to get into specific takedowns that use little to no power, but I decided it would take too long to type up. Instead, think of the power slider in this game as trying to pick someone up to slam them compared to simply being satisfied getting their butt on the ground. Shooting from outside in the center of the cage compared to running them up against the cage and grinding them down in the hopes you might scoop them up. A suplex or Cormier's famous single leg tossing them over his head compared to GSP driving in and straight to guard.

Have you some kind of tested this in any way? it makes sense to me too, but Mike just made this game hard to figure out, so we have to play on our own bro science :) Could be nice if any have done some test, about takedowns vs damage/accuracy aspect of the game..