Jon Jones Screwed Up Again

Madness

After his last vehicular rampage they took his license and put him on probation. He was just busted for driving anyways and is due in court Weds. Some reason I can't copy the link on this computer, but it was on MMAJunkie. Is it physically impossible for him to just keep his head down and stay out of trouble?

• Upvote 1

I just read the stupidest sherdog article on this, basically saying because he got 3 days community service it's no big deal.

This guy needs some jail time, even 2 weeks in the slammer, and I bet he will smarten the F up, he's breaking the law over and over and keeps doing it because he can get away with anything he wants, it's a joke. I don't care if it's something "small" like driving without a license...... He was taken off the road FOR A REASON, he is dangerous to others in a vehicle.

Hope he clears his shit up and comes back to MMA full force ready, because the dude is an amazing fighter and should be allowed to make a living, but he needs some consequences like the rest of us

• Upvote 3

yea the boy will never learn -- also screwed up they keep letting him off somewhat -- not sure where he was but here in texas driving on suspended license is automatic ride to jail no if's and's or but's -- not to mention the no registration or insurance -- if would of been any of us normal people it would of been a violation of probation for sure

• Upvote 2

His license isn't suspended(from what ive read anyway) and he didnt break his probation, the guy is allowed to drive but it was routine stop and he's charged with failing to provide proper documentation.

He got 3 days cummunity service because it barely means jack shit. Im going to go against the popular opinion here. The problem isn't him driving, it was him doing coke and then driving.

P.S. he's still rich as fuck so I have no idea why he even drives himself around anymore.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

He did not simply leave it at home. He has no license. He got off light on a technicality, because his probation papers did not have the box for driving without a license specifically checked as a probation violation. When you are high on coke, slam into a pregnant woman, and run from the cops while leaving your pot in the car they tend to take your license away. Especially when it is a second offense. http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-jon-jones-cited-for-driving-without-a-license-insurance-or-registration-020816

"UFC light heavyweight champion Jon "Bones" Jones is due back in court this week on a traffic violation after he was recently cited for driving without a license, proof of insurance or registration."

"Jones has been stopped previously for driving on a suspended license in 2011 and in 2012 he plead guilty to a DWI charge after he crashed his 2012 Bentley into a telephone pole in his home state of New York. Jones eventually reached a plea agreement in that case to avoid any jail time."

"According to Kayla Anderson, who is the public information officer from the Second Judicial District Attorney's office, there was no special circumstances placed on Jones with his probation regarding driving without a license.

That being said, Anderson confirms that all defendants on probation are generally required to avoid violating laws of any kind."

• Upvote 1

After his last vehicular rampage they took his license and put him on probation. He was just busted for driving anyways and is due in court Weds. Some reason I can't copy the link on this computer, but it was on MMAJunkie. Is it physically impossible for him to just keep his head down and stay out of trouble?

This guy taking too many drugs, ped and others.

• Upvote 1

He did not simply leave it at home. He has no license. He got off light on a technicality, because his probation papers did not have the box for driving without a license specifically checked as a probation violation. When you are high on coke, slam into a pregnant woman, and run from the cops while leaving your pot in the car they tend to take your license away. Especially when it is a second offense. http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/ufc-jon-jones-cited-for-driving-without-a-license-insurance-or-registration-020816

"UFC light heavyweight champion Jon "Bones" Jones is due back in court this week on a traffic violation after he was recently cited for driving without a license, proof of insurance or registration."

"Jones has been stopped previously for driving on a suspended license in 2011 and in 2012 he plead guilty to a DWI charge after he crashed his 2012 Bentley into a telephone pole in his home state of New York. Jones eventually reached a plea agreement in that case to avoid any jail time."

"According to Kayla Anderson, who is the public information officer from the Second Judicial District Attorney's office, there was no special circumstances placed on Jones with his probation regarding driving without a license.

That being said, Anderson confirms that all defendants on probation are generally required to avoid violating laws of any kind."

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/rep-jon-jones-was-speeding-is-fully-licensed-and-insured

Denise White, CEO of Jones’ PR and crisis management firm, EAG Sports, initially told MMAjunkie the fighter was pulled over for speeding, but later clarified she “misspoke” and said she didn’t know why he was pulled over.

“He will be in traffic court on Wednesday like everyone else that gets a ticket,“ White said. “He is fully licensed and insured.”

https://twitter.com/DeniseWhite_EAG/status/696795663678320640

I trust the DA's office spokesperson more than Denise White, CEO of Jones PR and crisis management firm.

The first rule of PR is never blatantly lie, of course she is going to lay out the information so it paints him the best way she can but if the above was outright false information he should fire her since that's going to go even further towards burning his image. Second I don't believe you understand what the message I'm getting is, yes he was 100% charged for driving without a license but what people are misunderstanding is that doesn't mean he has no drivers license, it means he was driving without his license on his person and that's why this isn't the huge case you think it should be and it's only a slap on the wrist. I might be misunderstanding because the laws are different by location but I know where I'm from it's an offense to drive without having your license on your person so if I leave my wallet at home(with my valid drivers license in it) and get pulled over I can be fined for driving without a license.

In legal terms I would notice a difference between "driving without a license" vs "driving on a suspended license"(in 2011 and in 2012) and of course this explaining his punishment from the hit and run:

In April 2015, Jones was arrested after a hit-and-run accident left a pregnant driver in another vehicle injured while the former light heavyweight champion fled the scene. Jones was suspended by the UFC and stripped of his title as a result of the altercation.

Finally in October, Jones plead guilty in an agreement with the state, where he was sentenced to 18 months of probation as well as community service for causing the hit-and-run accident."

What I'm not seeing that would make all the difference is a line that clearly states his license was suspended.

• Upvote 1

Yup, not suspended license, just failed to provide the actual license upon being pulled over. Not a big deal, just a fine where I'm from.

People here love to get upset when someone they dont like makes any kind of mistake. Lots of sandy vaginas in any thread that mentions Jones here.