"Under The Umbrella" - The Story of Igor Quincy

davie1903

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14401675127652.jpg

Igor "Under The Umbrella" Quincy (4-4)

Growing up in Helsinki, people might think you live a simple life, that you have no problems in a country that seems so stable from a foreign view. The reality is much different.

For one man, his life until recently was a struggle as he simply fought to survive each day. He knew nothing of a loving home, of having caring parents, or of having things in life fall kindly for him. This man is Igor Quincy.

But before we can get to Igor, we have to take a look back at what led to his circumstances, which brings us to his brother - Ryker Quincy.

Ryker was always an outsider in Helsinki, with his love of heavy metal and motorbikes seeing him fall in with a local gang who called themselves The Nomads based on their movement throughout Europe. He would end up causing trouble in the local area, and his parents were worried that this behaviour would be a bad influence on Igor Quincy, and they couldn’t be more right.

Igor idolised Ryker, with Ryker’s ability to beat people in a fight cause him to push his parent’s for a membership at a local MMA gym, but they refused. This caused the first fractures in Igor’s relationship with his parents, while simultaneously causing them to distance themselves from Ryker’s behaviour.

This came to a head one night when Ryker and a small group from The Nomads raided a bar in Turku, a city to the west of Helsinki in their ongoing feud with a rival gang. Ryker was identified during the raid, and the very next night, the rival gang retaliated by launching petrol bombs at the Quincy house, causing serious damage to the property, but that was the last of the issues. One of the objects was thrown through Ryker’s parent’s window, and the result was severe burns to his mother.

She was immediately rushed to the hospital, with their father by her side. Ryker had already packed his things by the time they got back a few days later, and said he would be leaving. His father never said a word to him, he simply brought his mother to their room.

Ryker turned to Igor, stressing the importance of not getting involved in a gang like he did, and he left. Igor was torn at this point, as he swore revenge on those who caused the damage not just to his mother and the property, but to their family as a whole.

He had taken Ryker’s phone previously and found the text saying the address of the bar that they had raided, and while his parents slept, he hitched a ride with a friend to Turku for what he claimed would be a “crazy night out”. Upon arriving, they located the bar and he told his friend to wait a minute, reaching in his bag and grabbing a canister of petrol and a box of matches. His friend tried to stop him, but Igor knocked him out. Nothing would get in his way, not tonight. He covered the exterior of the building in the petrol, including the gangs bikes which were parked outside, before walking in the entrance and throwing the canister across the room. He lit a match and set fire to the place, before leaving in the car, with his friend knocked out in the backseat.

He got back to the house still early in the morning, but found his dad waiting for him. The smell of petrol was evident, and his dad already knew what had happened, with the fire report coming on the radio just 30 mins prior. He told Igor he had an hour to pack his things, as Ryker was coming to pick him up. Igor tried to plead with his dad, telling him why he did it, but his dad simply shook his head and said he couldn’t deal with what he went through with Ryker..Not again.

Ryker picked up Igor, and took him to his apartment, which was barely big enough for one person, never mind two. Ryker said he could stay on the couch, but they only had two weeks to get the money to stay there. Igor ended up accompanying Ryker to his gang meetings, and they would take part in petty crimes in order to earn enough to keep their heads afloat, but one day that would all change.

The Nomads were planning a big raid on an armoured security van that they believed would contain enough money to make each member incredibly wealthy, at least by their standards. They had 5 men in the operation, Ryker among their numbers, while Igor was left out due to his young age and inexperience with the big level heists. When the time came for the operation, 2 of the gang members bottled it, leaving Ryker and two others. As the van came to a stop at a set of traffic lights, the men moved in, with the other two threatening the driver and his partner with guns, while they forced them to hand the keys over to Ryker to the back. Ryker opened the back, and gasped at the sight. Thousands, if not hundreds of thousands, were in the bank of the van, conveniently in packaging already to be delivered. Ryker grabbed one of the packages and bought it to their getaway vehicle while the others kept the men occupied. As he went back for a second however, he heard a yelp and moved to the front only to find one of his partners out cold on the floor, and the other currently struggling with the driver.

The driver’s partner spotted Ryker, and immediately charged for him, but Ryker was an experienced grappler, and with the man driving him to the floor, locked in a guillotine and choked him out. Finding his other partner still struggling, he ran over and locked the other man in a Rear Naked Choke, rendering him unconscious also. He dragged his partner to his feet, but they could hear the police sirens already, and they immediately made their getaway with the package of cash. As they drove along, they spotted a roadblock up ahead, and before they could realise, they found themselves hitting a spike strip, and their vehicle became useless. Realising he wouldn’t be able to get away with the cash, Ryker ditched his car and his injured partner and ran for his life back to his apartment.

He found Igor back at the apartment, and Igor immediately sensed the disappointment. “We’re fucked” is all Ryker could say, as he slumped into his room, but fate would have something different in store that day.

A knock on the door the following day was met with suspicion from the brothers, with Ryker looking through the peephole to see a man he didn’t recognise. “Is this where I can find Ryker Quincy?” the man said, a foreign accent coming across heavily. “Who’s asking?” Ryker replied, with the man announcing himself as Liam Davidson, an MMA promoter and manager. Ryker was suspicious, but had his interest piqued at MMA.

Liam came in and explained he saw CCTV footage of Ryker the day before choking out two security guards and said he was highly impressed. He offered Ryker the chance to compete in MMA, away from Helsinki, and with guaranteed cash in his pocket. The kicker in the deal however, was Ryker would have to leave Igor in Helsinki, at least for now. With encouragement from Igor, Ryker accepted his offer, but promised he would help Igor to get out of the city also.

Fast forward to four years ago (one year irl) and Ryker was making waves in MMA, maintaining a 5-1 record and capturing the sfc title to become a champion. During this time, he had sent money back to Igor, helping him reach his wish of training in an MMA gym, and Igor was just about ready to make his own debut in MMA, having signed also with Liam Davidson upon the advice of Ryker.

Igor earned his nickname of “Under The Umbrella” when he got picked up by Ryker and Liam, as he was ridiculed for keeping himself out of the rain with a blue and white umbrella. He made his debut on the 30th January 2015 at 18 years of age in an Alliance battle between Vendetta and LOD, who had a colourful history with each other.

Igor made a winning start, defeating his opponent Taylor Barker via Unanimous Decision. He started to get complacent however, with his confidence in his natural abilities seeing him take his next opponent less serious, losing via KO in the first round to Third Fist. From this point, Ryker started to focus more on Igor’s career, which is notable for being when Ryker started to slide in his own MMA career, losing his next 4 fights in a row before retiring.

Igor would be focussed in future however, showing his diversity in his next two fights as he picked up a Submission victory in the first round against Grimmjow Jeagerjaques, before showing his devastating KO power with a Head Kick finish in the first round against BO Sorenson. But he would suffer from complacency again however, losing back to back fights against Daniel Judah and Ulrik Meyer, but he would show resilience as they couldn’t find a way to finish him as he lost via Decision both times.

He would return with a bang however, knocking out another highly rated prospect, O Shea Jackson, via KO in the second round in a fight where he really showed his maturity, surviving O Shea’s early onslaught before launching bombs in the second round to win the fight. The next fight would be a complete change in styles however, as he faced Smash Williams who has only made his debut the fight prior, and with Igor having very little to go on from his opponent, found himself on the receiving end of a Unanimous Decision loss.

Despite this however, the future is very bright for Igor, and he has recently been announced as competing in the next season of the ITFL as part of Team Vendetta, which will see him move from his current weight class of 185 (Middleweight) up to 205 (Light Heavyweight).

Only time will show if Igor will be a future top talent or not, but the ITFL gives him the chance to show off his skills, and if his confidence in himself is as good as his ability, he will be a fighter to watch in the tournament. He will be hoping he can find success in MMA to prove to his parents he is a changed person, and that he has come a long way from the kid who idolised gang related violence and crime.

• Upvote 6

Igor Quincy (4-4)

Getting called gay from a manager in LOD?

Is the requirement not to suck off the top boys daily?

McCann is a fitting name for you anyway as all you have been saying to Mentor since joining LOD is "MMM Cann I have some penis cream, my wife has been getting off with Igor Quincy cause I can't keep it up" which Mentor is right there to pass some off after his latest venture went side wards and ended up selling penis cream to the elderly.

Then onto Erik, he already had that on hand because when you open the Cage Cartel doors the already known gay man Rory Daly hands out these leaflets that let you know what you will get when you join. Lets say it is up close and personal.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Igor Quincy (4-4)

Bhoy oh Bhoy, we have someone complaining about an observation but all I done was observe your name and point out the obvious thing.

Princess? I thought you were only required to speak to Mentor in that tone. Well when your biting the pillow it sounds more like “Pwinwess”. Take win out and that’s what the ITFL will be full of for me.

My hidey hole?

You could say I am pretty unknown but after I come bursting through the ranks the only thing left in the closet will be all that washed up fighters I beat on my way.

Just like that forgotten jumper that stay hanged up and never reappears.

Make sure you see a therapist about that homophobia.

MARK MY WORDS!

• Upvote 1

****Breaking News****

Apparently pictures have surfaced showing a known MMA fighter involved in some sexual activities with another fighter. We can only speculate as too who these fighters are, although there has already been some rumours...

http://i.imgur.com/p5DZeZs.jpg

More updates when we have them.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

****Breaking News****

Apparently pictures have surfaced showing a known MMA fighter involved in some sexual activities with another fighter. We can only speculate as too who these fighters are, although there has already been some rumours...

****Breaking News****

Alright...

I am taking bets now.

How long until this little bitch gets popped for being a multi?

Or maybe you're just a noob cbomb.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

http://robonwriting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/TheNextBigThing_640.jpg

Today is the latest instalment of The Next Big Thing, today we have Igor Quincy who is an up and coming fighter looking to make a name for himself in the large MMA community.

I am Brad Cast and I am joined by Igor Quincy at a state of the art training complex, where Igor is practicing his skills for the latest ITFL tournament.

Brad: I would firstly like to say thank you Igor for coming along. Can you introduce yourself?

Igor Quincy (4-4)

Brad: I would firstly like to say thank you Igor for coming along. Can you introduce yourself?

Quincy: It is an honour to be here, I am Igor Quincy I am currently 4-4 and train out of London. I am known to have big KO power while being able to hold my own on the ground. I have taken time off fighting to train up and compete in the ITFL where I hope to make a name for myself

Brad: You haven’t started you career off well and currently have a 4-4 record. Why should people be taking you seriously?

Quincy: Before I was very naive in thinking that all I had to do was turn up and that certainly wasn’t the case. I have been out of action for a good time and have been working towards getting my all round game to an elite level and that is where I am at now.

Brad: Recently a book from your page was leaked about your upbringing, what do you think of this?

Quincy: I was deeply saddened by what has come out but people were always going to find out. I am just looking to put this behind me and show that my brother Ryker was right to keep faith in me and get me involved in the fighting side of things.

http://newswirengr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/news-generic-background.jpg

We interrupt this interview to bring you the breaking news coming out of Paisley.

It has came to light in the matter of minutes that a middle aged man has been arrested by the police on suspicion of Public wanking.

The man named as Tony McCann was seen, wanking over a picture of the relatively unknown fighter of Igor Quincy. He has been arrested and taken to the nearest police station to be interviewed.

One eye witness said “I just looked to the side, because I heard someone crying and all I saw was a man holding his penis over a photo. He was saying why can’t I have a fighter like that in my roster? What training has he gone through? How do I get someone like that”

The man’s admiration for such a small time fighter has got to be recognised and remember throughout this sentencing.

*****Lets head back to Brad Cast who has Igor Quincy’s live reaction to this news*****

Brad: I know you are in a bit of shock, but what so you think of this story that has just emerged?

Quincy: Well, I can’t say I’m flattered, but it good to see I have made him look at himself and his roster to realise they are nothing compared to me.

The thing in all of this, is that he was quick to speak to me on the internet saying I look gay, well let’s just say the truth has come out and he likes to publicly masturbate over fighters that are too good for his roster.

Brad: On that note, lets make sure he isn’t allowed in public as there are plenty of fighters that are too good for his no good roster.

• Upvote 3

http://1.1.1.1/bmi/www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14401675127652.jpg

Igor Quincy (4-4)

Today is the latest instalment of Next Big Thing, today we have Igor Quincy who is an up and coming fighter looking to make a name for himself in the large UFC community.

I am Brad Cast and I am joined by Igor Quincy at a state of the art training complex, where Igor is practicing his skills for the latest ITFL tournament.

Brad: I would firstly like to say thank you Igor for coming along.

Quincy: It is an honour to be here, I have finished the morning session so I was fine to take a break before lunch to answer any questions you may have.

Brad: You haven’t started you career off well and currently have a 4-4 record. Why should people be taking you seriously?

Quincy: Before I was very naïve in thinking that all I had to do was turn up and that certainly wasn’t the case. I have been out of action for a good time and have been working towards getting my all round game to an elite level and that is where I am at now.

Brad: Recently a book from your page was leaked about your upbringing, what do you think of this?

Quincy: I was deeply saddened by what has come out but people were always going to find out. I am just looking to put this behind me and show that my brother Ryker was right to keep faith in me and get me involved in the fighting side of things.

http://1.1.1.1/bmi/newswirengr.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/news-generic-background.jpg

We interrupt this interview to bring you the breaking news coming out of Paisley.

It has came to light in the matter of minutes that a middle aged man has been arrested by the police on suspicion of Public wanking.

The man named as Tony McCann was seen, wanking over a picture of the relatively unknown fighter of Igor Quincy. He has been arrested and taken to the nearest police station to be interviewed.

One eye witness said “I just looked to the side, because I heard someone crying and all I saw was a man holding his penis over a photo. He was saying why can’t I have a fighter like that in my roster? What training has he gone through? How do I get someone like that”

The man’s admiration for such a small time fighter has got to be recognised and remember throughout this sentencing.

*****Lets head back to Brad Cast who has Igor Quincy’s live reaction to this news*****

Brad: I know you are in a bit of shock, but what so you think of this story that has just emerged?

Quincy: Well, I can’t say I’m flattered, but it good to see I have made him look at himself and his roster to realise they are nothing compared to me.

The thing in all of this, is that he was quick to speak to me on the internet saying I look gay, well let’s just say the truth has come out and he likes to publicly masturbate over fighters that are too good for his roster.

Brad: On that note, lets make sure he isn’t allowed in public as there are plenty of fighters that are too good for his no good roster.

Updates will follow with sentencing

Haha that made me laugh.

Although I resent being called middle aged, now your being mean :(

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1