McGregor vs Diaz: Who was surprised?

On top of that, i would say McGregor should change team and gym, did you heard the coach at the end of the first round????? thats also a lot of inexperience on the side of the coach, thats inadmissible, you are fighting fucking Nate Diaz, an experienced brawler, damnit, you arent knocking out midgets anymore...get a grip on yourself and be serious for once...lol,a lot of blame on the team and the coach, but he his a loyal man, and he will stick with that average gym and sparring partners, in my opinion he is wasted talent there, like Gustaffson, he should also change team.

Except if you actually listen to the corner audio you would hear Cavanagh telling him to stop loading up on the left hand and attack the legs/body more - which is exactly what Conor should have been doing.

There is an argument to be made that Conor could do with better sparring partners but blaming this on Cavanagh? Nah, it's Conor's fault for not following the advice his coach was giving him.

it is Kavanagh fault too, he should have known what does it mean to fight at 170lbs, being a fucking professional MMA coach since 2001, keep the hate negative points coming, feed me.

Oh right so now it's his coaches fault for letting him fight at that weight class?

:rolleyes:

Your tune changes faster than a jukebox... truth of the matter is the second someone shows you contradictory evidence you'll find something else to blame, anything but Conor himself. Anyone with a rational mind can see he lost that fight of his own accord, even Conor said as much at the press conference - shame some of his fans can't seem to recognise that and seem more concerned with coming up with excuses than recognising what Diaz accomplished here.

I heard his coach say "you're doing great, it's just another opponent." After the first, but I obviously didn't hear the whole discussion between Conor and his coach.

Yeah I heard that as well but interpreted as more of a boosting confidence thing.

I certainly think it's a far cry from a Tarverdyan-Rousey situation: it was clear Ronda was not "doing great champ" whereas McGregor had done enough to win the first round but needed to make adjustments. Cavanagh gets a lot of shit but more often than not it's the fighter not following the advice the corner gives them - I recall something similar in the Artem fight as well, with Cavanagh giving him solid advice only for Artem to completely ignore it.

Now as for training partners, yes I do think he needs a step up from Gunni/Lobov in order to take it to the next level - whether that involves leaving the gym or not I don't know, but I would have thought he's making enough money to afford to fly some people in.

I dont know if its true but this is what I did read today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/499lti/mcgregors_corner_advice/

If this is truly what Kavanagh said, then Conor fucked up for real, thats what happen when you have $$ signs in your forehead lol.

Well, i did hear Kavanagh sayng " you are doing great" while McGregor almost needed an oxygen breather lmao, whatever, he need to change gym, like Gustaffson, wasted talent.

Well he doesnt need to change the gym the gym. His is fine he just need to do something similar for example Khabib is doing. He should train 4-5 months a year in different gym an top quality gym in US. He should join something like AKA or WJ and he would learn a lot from that, Not that their coaches are much better but seriously like Nate said he needs better and different sparring partners.

Said from day one, this was going to be bad for Conor. Theres people who were saying he should fight Lawler for the WW strap!!!!! Conor would grt himself seriously hurt if that happened. Im a McGregor fan by the way but it seems to me he started to believe his own hype a bit too much.

Yeah man, i insulted him every time he tried those spinnign retarded kicks, i was like "wtf Conor stop that shit and start to fight serious" , he did missed a lot of kicks early, that also had a cost oon his cardio, also his high intensity swings per secodns costed a lot of cardio to him, he should fight as he does, as a counter striker, i think he greatly underestimated Nate Diaz, and greatly overestimated his physicals, i think his lack of experience in 170lbs also played a big role in fucking up the gameplan, Nate Diaz choke was served on a gold plate anyway, nothing to do with ground skills, McGregor as he was gassed out and getting ground and pounded, rolled to the right serving his neck to Diaz in a gold plate really.

I thought that too, it seemed he was looking for a way out. Look at how he left his arm up when Diaz got on top.

One thing I think many are missing is that while Nate was taking way more damage in the 1st, Conor was eating counters. A lot of counters. Rewatch the fight and watch Nate roll when hit and then short counter. It looks sloppy but I guarantee that 1st round was hard on Conor not just because he threw too hard. He ate shots. Ali used to do the same exact thing.

Ever been in a fight where you hit someone with your best shot and it doesn't seem to slow them down at all? That's a scary place to be. Couple that with getting hit back.. Panic mode just like Conor said.

One thing I think many are missing is that while Nate was taking way more damage in the 1st, Conor was eating counters. A lot of counters. Rewatch the fight and watch Nate roll when hit and then short counter. It looks sloppy but I guarantee that 1st round was hard on Conor not just because he threw too hard. He ate shots. Ali used to do the same exact thing.

Ever been in a fight where you hit someone with your best shot and it doesn't seem to slow them down at all? That's a scary place to be. Couple that with getting hit back.. Panic mode just like Conor said.

If the chin shots doesnt work....work on theyr legs :) McGregor threw an handful of good kicks on Nate's junctures the first round, he should have kept doing it in the 2nd and rest a bit, once Nate Diaz footwork went to toilet full of shit levels, he should have started to swing with him.

Again, McGregor geatly overestimated hismelf, thinking he could KO Diaz, what a great mistake.ì, he wasnt fighting midgets anymore, he should have known it.

But i think in the featherweight he can keep going, he can KO all of them with ease, i dont see anybody to have a chance against him, other than Frankie Edgar pounding him on the ground.

If the chin shots doesnt work....work on theyr legs :) McGregor threw an handful of good kicks on Nate's junctures the first round, he should have kept doing it in the 2nd and rest a bit, once Nate Diaz footwork went to toilet full of shit levels, he should have started to swing with him.

Again, McGregor geatly overestimated hismelf, thinking he could KO Diaz, what a great mistake.ì, he wasnt fighting midgets anymore, he should have known it.

But i think in the featherweight he can keep going, he can KO all of them with ease, i dont see anybody to have a chance against him, other than Frankie Edgar pounding him on the ground.

I think Conor and Dana have avoided the fight with Edgar because if theres anyone in that division who could weather the McGregor pressure and still come out with the W, its Frankie. Even at the post fight presser, Conor seemed more interested in the Aldo rematch than the Edgar fight, even though hes been dismissive of Aldo. Hed gain a lot more credibility if he took the Edgar fight if you ask me. He took a chance, went up in weight, got beat, comes back down and beats one of the most tough and durable fighters in the UFC. Looks good yes? Or, he comes back down and beats a guy he KO'd with his 1st shot. Imagine he took the Aldo rematch and lost!!! The wheels will have well and truly come off the hype train if that happens. His next move is a big one and I think the Edgar fight will soloidify his position in the FW division if he wins, and also be the least damaging if he loses.

• 4 weeks later...

Edgar is a far better fighter than Conor he just is and Edgar has a hell of a chin i thought edgar beat aldo he won rd 3 4 and 5 i thought aldo won rd 1 and 2

Edgar has better footwork than conor does every talks about connor's footwork but there are 5 or 6 guys in the ufc with better than him

watch any edgar fight any of them you will notice that any time frankie gets hit he comes back with 3 punches in return Conor wont be able to stop his takedowns

frankie can take conor down and sub him and frankie wont gas