McGregor vs Diaz: Who was surprised?

Nate for sure hurt conor nate won the fight by sub but jiu-jitsu had nothing to do with nates win it was his boxing

Yeah he did a 1-2 on his face, that was pretty good boxing, Conor stumbled a bit there, but he was not rocked, it was more like " wtf shit, im not gonna win him by pure standup striking".

Still a good fight, and i still think McGregor fought better by a significative margin, sosad that he gassed out that quickly, until the choke happeend, it was pretty much a win by a split decisions, if the match kept that way.

Yeah he did a 1-2 on his face, that was pretty good boxing, Conor stumbled a bit there, but he was not rocked, it was more like " wtf shit, im not gonna win him by pure standup striking".

Still a good fight, and i still think McGregor fought better by a significative margin, sosad that he gassed out that quickly, until the choke happeend, it was pretty much a win by a split decisions, if the match kept that way.

Completely delusional:

1) He was definitely rocked. You can tell if you watch his legs: they start to go. On top of that you can also see his eyes roll up into the sockets at some point during that exchange.

2) "pretty much a win by a split decision if the match kept that way" say WHAAAT?? Are you crazy? McGregor was gone, he was a dead man walking at that point - if he had stayed on his feet ten seconds longer I guarantee he would have been knocked out. He gambled on the takedown and got submitted: there's also an argument to be made that he just wanted out of the fight at that point: a) the quickness of the tap and b ) how easily he gives up his back (if you look back at the replay he actually tries to give up his back earlier but Nate keeps him in mount).

Completely delusional:

1) He was definitely rocked. You can tell if you watch his legs: they start to go. On top of that you can also see his eyes roll up into the sockets at some point during that exchange.

2) "pretty much a win by a split decision if the match kept that way" say WHAAAT?? Are you crazy? McGregor was gone, he was a dead man walking at that point - if he had stayed on his feet ten seconds longer I guarantee he would have been knocked out. He gambled on the takedown and got submitted: there's also an argument to be made that he just wanted out of the fight at that point: a) the quickness of the tap and b ) how easily he gives up his back (if you look back at the replay he actually tries to give up his back earlier but Nate keeps him in mount).

If he had better cardio he would have won by split decision.

And i keep my opinion that he was no way near close to be rocked, it was just a good excange, one of the two gassed ridicolously quick, it was McGregor, stop with this mystification of Nate Diaz now, which is equally ridicolous.

You would expect that kind of behaviour in a 4th or 5th round though, what a sad day for McGregor, 170lbs definitly not his category.

"hewanted out of f the match" lmao, when you are totally gassed what else you expect somebody to do, other than roll on the floor and get choked to shit, lmao.

The mystification of Nate Diaz and the Shitifcation of McGregor is real, and embarassing, for any REAL fan of the MMA out there.

If he had betetr cardio he would have won by split decision.

And i keep my opinion that he was no way near close to be rocked, it was just a good excange, one of the two gassed ridicolously quick, it was McGregor, stop with this mystification of Nate Diaz now, which is equally ridicolous.

You would expect that kind of behaviour in a 4th or 5th round though, what a sad day for McGregor, 170lbs definitly not his category.

"hewanted out of f the match" lmao, when you are totally gassed what else you expect somebody to do, other than roll on the floor and get choked to shit, lmao.

The mystification of Nate Diaz and the Shitifcation of McGregor is real, and embarassing, for any REAL fan of the MMA out there.

If had better cardio?? He went headhunting against a Diaz, of course he was going to gas out - he went in with a bad gameplan and paid for it. The key to beating the Diaz brothers is to wear them down: they have flaws and if you can be patient enough to exploit them you can win, but if you go guns blazing trying to find the knockout it's going to backfire.

As for the 'mystification/shitification' - right back at ya, you appear to mystifying Conor (who make no mistake is a great fighter but went into this fight with a terrible gameplan) and completely shitting on Diaz's accomplishments in this fight. Give respect where respect is due, and if that fight didn't earn Diaz your respect I don't know what will.

The key to win Diaz is to win by a decision, landing more accurate punches without swinging with him, and thats what Mcgregor should have done, fuck it, you are not knocking out midgets , like Nate Diaz repeatedly said to him, lol.

I do give respect to Nate Diaz ofcourse, but he really did nothing special, it was just another fight for him, he is a sort of Golem that eat all your punches until you start to keep your arms down and your mouth open, and Nate Diaz start to come back at you, you win either by decision...or by decision with this sort of Golem.

Wasn't surprised at all. Conor is a little guy. Diaz has a 150 pt Granite and been fighting big dudes forever.

209 boom headshot.

Lol this exactly.

And McGregor is like a 15 Agility 15 Speed 1 Strenght with KO Power build, LOL.

Nate Diaz is 2000 conditioning 300 Granite chin type of guy, :/

But yeah, i still look forward for McGregor, he need to adjust for 170lbs, i think he still can do good there, but featherweight is out of questions, he will keep knockin out all the midgets there.

The key to win Diaz is to win by a decision, landing more accurate punches without swinging with him, and thats what Mcgregor should have done, fuck it, you are not knocking out midgets , like Nate Diaz repeatedly said to him, lol.

Right so "if the match kept that way" [your words not mine] you accept that McGregor's gameplan meant there was no way he was going the distance.

I do give respect to Nate Diaz ofcourse, but he really did nothing special, it was just another fight for him, he is a sort of Golem that eat all your punches until you start to keep your arms down and your mouth open, and Nate Diaz start to come back at you, you win either by decision...or by decision with this sort of Golem.

"He did nothing special"

Really? Beating the most hyped fighter of the present day is 'nothing special'?

Right so "if the match kept that way" [your words not mine] you accept that McGregor's gameplan meant there was no way he was going the distance.

"He did nothing special"

Really? Beating the most hyped fighter of the present day is 'nothing special'?

The win is ofcourse special, 2WHAT HE DID INSIDE THE OKTAGON" nothing special really, just another regular fight for him.

Hmm no, it mean that if he had cardio and the match kept how it was going ( McGregor winnign the first and second round) he would probably have won by decision split, losing maybe the third round.

Nate for sure hurt conor nate won the fight by sub but jiu-jitsu had nothing to do with nates win it was his boxing

You could argue that his effective boxing was set up by Conor gassing out, because before Conor was gasping for air with his mouth wide open, he was lighting Nate up.

Hmm no, it mean that if he had cardio and the match kept how it was going ( McGregor winnign the first and second round) he would probably have won by decision split, losing maybe the third round.

If he had the cardio... that's a pretty big 'if'... you can't go headhunting against a taller fighter with a chin and not expect to get gassed out: to me this loss was indicative of a poor gameplan rather than poor cardio.

As for McGregor 'winning the second round', you might want to look up the stats on that: http://www.fightmetric.com/

The fact that you would even claim McGregor was winning that round suggests to me that you are not looking at this fight proportionally: it's clear you are a big McGregor fan and you are letting your emotions cloud your judgement. I like McGregor too but at least I can admit he got outboxed, part of that's down to poor gameplan but trying to downplay what Diaz accomplished here is absolutely ridiculous.

When you start to gas out in the first phase of the second round, you obviously BOTH have bad gameplan AND bad cardio, it is not really too hard to understand, i dont know what is wrong with you guys, you dont even need to be a physician or a MMA sommelier to understand that McGregor cant move like he did in the 145lbs division with 25 goddamn lbs more in his belly.

Taking punches into the head also reduce your cardio, add the fact that he tried to land some looping head kicks was only throwing bombs tried to put pressure on Nate whole round 1 and fight 20lbs heavier than usual results in him having no cardio round 2 after few shots taken.

Remember he is 20lbs heavier than usual your heard doesn't adapt so fast.

When you start to gas out in the first phase of the second round, you obviously BOTH have bad gameplan AND bad cardio, it is not really too hard to understand, i dont know what is wrong with you guys, you dont even need to be a physician or a MMA sommelier to understand that McGregor cant move like he did in the 145lbs division with 25 goddamn lbs more in his belly.

hey mate, the connor- butt- worshiper :D

do u read what u type????

seriously man ... you have no idea about this sport now do u

u r in this Mcgregor balloon and don't think outside of it, even for a second now eh?

btw u claiming that he is just loosing cardio ... then obviously connor isn't the amazing fighter we thought he is right? Ur words about cardio and gassing out directs to that point mate.

• Downvote 2

Given McGregor has never shown signs of 'bad cardio' before (and before you say "that's because most of his fights end in the first round" - look at the Holloway fight) I'm far more inclined to say it's because of strategy, but regardless of whether you chalk it down to bad cardio or bad gameplan it's irrelevant: McGregor was on the brink of getting knocked out, he shot for the takedown got submitted - end of story.

I also like how your story seems to completely change over time, examples:

"i cant pull my hat off to Diaz, he basically did nothing."

"I do give respect to Nate Diaz ofcourse"

"He didnt stumbled for a takedown because he was hurt."

"ofcourse nate diaz punch gonna hurt"

Let me guess, next up you're going to admit (like most rational people) Diaz did actually win the second round.

If he had the cardio... that's a pretty big 'if'... you can't go headhunting against a taller fighter with a chin and not expect to get gassed out: to me this loss was indicative of a poor gameplan rather than poor cardio.

As for McGregor 'winning the second round', you might want to look up the stats on that: http://www.fightmetric.com/

The fact that you would even claim McGregor was winning that round suggests to me that you are not looking at this fight proportionally: it's clear you are a big McGregor fan and you are letting your emotions cloud your judgement. I like McGregor too but at least I can admit he got outboxed, part of that's down to poor gameplan but trying to downplay what Diaz accomplished here is absolutely ridiculous.

mate, that guy has no idea about what was happening .. and he can't just accept that connor lost to Diaz

he says Diaz did nothing :D that summarizes his knowledge and attitude :)

soooo ... hahaaaa

Taking punches into the head also reduce your cardio, add the fact that he tried to land some looping head kicks was only throwing bombs tried to put pressure on Nate whole round 1 and fight 20lbs heavier than usual results in him having no cardio round 2 after few shots taken.

Remember he is 20lbs heavier than usual your heard doesn't adapt so fast.

I'm with this guy.

mate, that guy has no idea about what was happening .. and he can't just accept that connor lost to Diaz

he says Diaz did nothing :D that summarizes his knowledge and attitude :)

soooo ... hahaaaa

I just find it ironic he's talking about "REAL fan(s) of the MMA out there" and "you dont even need to be a scholar of MMA to understand what happened" when it's abundantly obvious he's just trying to downplay McGregor's loss.

I just find it ironic he's talking about "REAL fan(s) of the MMA out there" and "you dont even need to be a scholar of MMA to understand what happened" when it's abundantly obvious he's just trying to downplay McGregor's loss.

yeah ... I mean he is in complete denial ...

half the things he says, he doesn't even know what he is talking about

the next thing he'll be pointing out will be

""how that submission is illegal "" "" or

""" Diaz should not have submitted Connor because Connor was gassed""

""Herb Dean should have given connor some pretty good rest of 10-15 min and then continued the fight """

or some crazy thing like that :D

Anyone else here a big fan of both guys?

Connor and Nate ?

yup .... have followed Nate since his Ultimate fighter days

and I like Connor and how he hypes up fights

• Upvote 2

It was a bad match-up for Conor from the jump. Diaz had more reach, chin and bjj skills and weight than he could possibly prepare for on short notice.

I was surprised when they announced the replacement match-up because it seemed like a fight that Conor could lose and I was unsure why the UFC would want to shoot their superstar in the foot like that. Especially cause I always got the feeling that the UFC management doesn't like the Diaz brothers all that much.