Battle Of The Scrubs - Rory Daly vs GBK16

GBK16

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will emerge as the true "King of the Scrubs"?

BATTLE OF THE SCRUBS

The term “Once in a Lifetime” is thrown about often to describe events that break any form of mediocrity in the status quo. People celebrate or build up events now, that would have been backpage news a few short years ago.

Unfortunately, anything of newsworthiness has yet to be announced, but until then, you lot can put up with the billed “Battle of the Scrubs”.

Rory Daly has been the self-proclaimed, and publicly accepted, “King of the Scrubs” for many years, dating back to when he first burst onto the MMA scene. His claim to be “the gatekeeper that divides the good managers and the bad managers” will be challenged however, by one man.

Grant Brophy has languished in mediocrity for his MMA management career, hitting a career high of 70th, before hanging around the 200 mark. While he has shown success in org management, his Fighter management leaves something to be desired, making him the perfect opponent to show Rory is now longer the man who separates the good and the bad.

Grant threw down the challenge to Rory recently, in a thread where the decline of the forums was a viewpoint, and Rory duly accepted the challenge. Now a hosting org has been found, a date has been decided, and 6 matchups have been organised to take place.

On a soon to be organised event, in the newly made St Pete Fighting Championships, these two stalwarts of the mid level MMA scene will collide to decide the one true “King of the Scrubs”. We sent our man on the streets to St Pete Fighting Championships owner Ken Enlow to get a word from him on the upcoming bout.

R: Good evening Mr Enlow, can you give us your thoughts on the GBK vs Rory Daly matchup?

KE: Here’s my thought, fuck you

Riveting stuff as ever from the well presented Kenneth Enlow. The matchups both men have agreed on are as follows.

Heavyweight

Robert Baratheon vs Arnie Armstrong

Heavyweight

Bob Brophy vs Monte Zuma

Lightweight

Dog The Multi Hunter vs Rudy Van Daly

Lightweight

Davie Brophy vs Mac Donalds

Light Heavyweight

O Shea Jackson vs Kaino Heikkinen

Light Heavyweight

John Brophy vs Tuco Salamanca

The agreed date for the bouts is April 14th, as Rory would like to have the battle occur before he goes off on holiday where he can flaunt his stuff in a sailor outfit while sipping on a bright pink cocktail with a paper umbrella, as he is well known to do.

Grant Brophy recently released a statement regarding the bout.

“It’s the same shit that’s been going on for the last 2 years nearly now. No break in the monotony, only we are losing more and more managers. We lost JBomb and KRad in the past year, and i’ll be damned if I am letting that sanitation working shit stain Rory Daly get away without someone claiming his King of the Scrubs title! He’s assembled a good camp around him yeah, but he still clings to that title and refuses to do well. As soon as I relieve him of that title, he can be free to do whatever the hell he wants. This ain’t about me hating the guy, this is a mercy mission of freeing him from himself. But shit, if I can insult him while I do it, even fucking better. Fair play to the cbomb, he stepped up to the mark, now I am gonna beat the shit out of him, and then he can clean it up after.

I put the news through to my guys about the potential fights, and I have to say Robert Baratheon was looking forward to completing a hattrick against him. He already smashed that Monte Zuma can, and now Bob gets to do it too. He beat Arnie with ease last time too, only for Rory to throw some bullshit in the air about “not booking his flight”. Now, Bob was a teammate of Zuma when he was with a different manager, but that ain’t gonna stop him knocking his lights out. Dog was looking for a challenge soon anyway. He walked through that GONY tournament with ease, so now it’s only right he smashes the organiser too, while taking on one of the other undefeated guys from it. The others were just happy to be getting a fight, so they are looking forward to tearing Rory’s fighters a new one.

This ain’t gonna be a battle of epic proportions, that would be outside our comfort zone, but I am happy to make it a one sided beatdown that ends with Rory crying into his cocktails”

So there you have it ladies and gentlemen. Mark it down in your diaries, circle it on your calendars, and set your alarms for the morning of the fights, because Rory Daly vs Grant Brophy guarantees to make you say “That was alright”.

tumblr_inline_no94w87gwv1rxkvla_500.gif

• Upvote 11

I think it's gonna be a close too but I think Rory's form of late should carry him through. Looking forward to the battle though. Good luck guys.

Where did this sanitation/toilet cleaner rumor come from!? I work with swimming pools dammit! I started off a young handsome pool boy now I'm managing them :thumbup:

My statement will be coming soon.

I think it's gonna be a close too but I think Rory's form of late should carry him through. Looking forward to the battle though. Good luck guys.

Rory has no form.

3-3

or 0-0-6 in the ultimate scrub finish ever.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1457593515bos.png

This is the on-going blog of Hans Dherty (Dutch MMA journalist) you are reading and yet again I am on a plane to Dubai to see veteran manager and longtime friend, Rory Daly.

News has rung out throughout the fight world that 2 of MMA’s most outspoken managers will be putting some of their fighters forward to battle it out, live on global television. No, it is not pay per view so viewer numbers are predicted to go through the roof! So far 6 fighters from each camp have been matched up, some veterans and some prospects and we even have a big grudge match in the mix too.

I was met at the airport by possibly the biggest Can to come out of the Daly camp – Christian LeBaron, brother of rising star in the Templeton camp Rocco LeBaron. It was just like the time I came to do the interview for the Rory vs KRAD camp rivalry. LeBaron was once again dressed in a butlers outfit waiting to greet me with the matt black phantom behind him, looking sad and roughed up as usual.

LeBaron: Bonjour Monsieur Dherty, it is une pleasure to see you again.

Dherty: Likewise Christian, likewise.

I remembered trying to converse with LeBaron last time, which turned out to be rather painful on the ears so I plugged in my headphones during the car journey and before I knew it I was at the pier, where I was to meet Daly.

The pier was full of multi-million dollar yachts owned by sheiks, Arabian princes, Mentor, Steel Penn and then at last I came across Daly’s boat which had Gatekeeper’ printed in quirky letters across the back of it.

http://s12.postimg.org/lcj413rkd/yacht.png

As I was about to step foot on the boat I heard loud noises coming from the top deck and saw two familiar faces. It was Dean Sutherland and Ruphus Duphus. They quickly walked past me trying to cover their faces and that was the last I saw of them. I had to know more….

Daly: Hans bloody Dherty! We meet again at last! Welcome aboard… LeBaron fix him a drink you useless French Fuck!

http://s14.postimg.org/6iad7edj5/leo2.png

(LeBaron obliges frantically)

Dherty: Thank you for taking the time to see me, always a pleasure. (I said hesitantly, as the last time I saw him I woke up on a mountain of cocaine and no memory of the previous night’s antics).

Daly: I take it you saw Dumb and Dumber on your way in? (he said pointing his glass in the direction of Dean and Duphus).

Dherty: Yes I did, what’s the story there!?

Daly: Those idiots came all the way here to offer me riches if I agreed to let Grant win the event. I mean, take a look around guys! Does it look like I need money?! (Daly and his crew laugh momentarily) They begged me. They said their precious new alliance, which is called ‘Qlimax’ by the way… (Again they laugh frantically)… needs to improve their record and they had zero confidence in their boy Grant to deliver. Can’t blame them, but it is a sad state of affairs to be quite honest.

Dherty: Fucking LOL mate, I gotta say that is embarrassing.

Daly: So, of course I told these two washed up bums to get out of my face and return to doing a terrible job of coaching your bunch of nobodies back at Qlimax. And then you know what I said?

Dherty: What..?

Daly: I’ll tell you what! I looked down on them and said sorry fella’s, I guess this trip was an… Anti-Qlimax. POW, head shot!

(Daly and his crew again laughed for perhaps too long. I got the feeling that many of his crew were forcing their laughter as I was).

http://s16.postimg.org/3mxyt86k5/leo1.png

Dherty: Truly hilarious. Truly… Anyway let’s talk about the event. How did this come about?

Daly: Simple. I’m the money maker – he sees the way I am living….all my assets…all the ass! And of course just like KRad did, he wants some for himself. Just another bum on the wrong side of ‘the gatekeepers’ gate.

Dherty: I like that, has a ring to it! Speaking of your nickname ‘the gatekeeper’ or the ‘king of the scrubs’ does it bother you? And now we hear Grant trying to claim those nicknames for himself… What are your thoughts on that?

Daly: No it does not bother me, I gave myself those names, look at me now. I’ve got fat stacks and a lavish lifestyle. He is still living in his mother’s basement. He is trying to hijack my global status because he wants to be me. He is just a try hard scrub.

Dherty: How do you see this event going?

Daly: Much like the last rivalry event but probably even more dominant. Of course he has Robert Baratheon who has beaten two of my guys, one of which he will be re-matching, Armstrong. Armstrong was in a dark time then and I stupidly forgot to get him on a private jet because I was busy with my pool empire. I’m not just a MMA tycoon – I’m all sorts. Anyway, ye Arnie will bounce back – he has taken some time off and trained hard. He is ready.

Dherty: He has had some cheap digs at you in his press conference, what’s your take on that?

Daly: Press conference? That idiot scribbled some garbage on his diary, somewhere between the ‘how to get laid’ and ‘how to be like Rory’ section I would guess. His insults don’t even twitch a nerve. Let the kid try and market himself and hype up the event. I am just sitting back and enjoying life. I don’t need to hype anything I’m involved in... Everyone already knows. My ‘diary’ is the global media not some jizz stained Star treck themed diary.

Dherty: Strong words as usual. So how about…

Daly: Oh come on Hans, that’s enough talk about business let’s get down to what you really came here for! I’ve got the lads from Cage Cartel and a whole bunch of thirsty wenches comin over any minute…. LeBaron where the fuck are those drinks!!!

The sun came down just as the music turned up and yet another Daly party is about to begin. Wish me luck!

giphy.gif

• Upvote 8