MMA Tycoon $1m Chess Grandmaster Tournament

GBK16

Tournament  

9 members have voted

1. 1. How much time does each player start with?

• 3 minutes
    • 5 minutes
    • 8 minutes
    • 10 minutes
    • 15 minutes
  2. 2. Time Increments (Time added to each player's stash for each move they make)

• 0 seconds
    • 1 seconds
    • 3 seconds
    • 5 seconds
    • 10 seconds

THE MMA TYCOON $1m CHESS GRANDMASTER TOURNAMENT!

With a few of us recently playing games of chess against each other online, we figured a fun idea would be to run a Chess Tournament for MMA Tycoon players who would be interested. We use this site to play http://en.lichess.org/ as it is fast and easy to start a game and to spectate also. After talking to Wolf, we're throwing up a prize for the winner of the tournament also.

The winner of the tournament will receive $1 MILLION tycoon dollars, as well as a Custom Trophy we are hoping to have done soon enough.

Entry into this is FREE, so it's an easy chance for someone to have a bit of fun in the community, and to possibly earn a big prize. I'll have a chat with Mike to see if he would be willing to chuck a VIP prize at it also since I know he has done similar things in the past.

Post below if you are interested in joining, and we will have a deadline of this Friday, the 25th at 6pm GMT to sign up to it.

PARTICIPANTS

1. Grant Brophy (GBK16)

2. Mr Wolf (Wolf)

3. Donald Canmore (YerMaw)

4. Mark O'Sullivan (markyosullivan)

5. Randy Richards (RichyRandy)

6. Lock Down (Lockdown)

7. Justin Paul (ToeJam98)

8. Mega Jug (HometownHero)

9. The Impaler (Impaler)

10. Dale McCann (mccann123)

11. J.J Tycooner (Tycooner)

12. The Philosopher (Philosopher)

13. Mickey Hart (itakebrides)

14. Ken Enlow (Kenlow73)

15. Torrelio Sacana (Torrelio)

16. Ryan Epicity (KingEpicity)

17. Harry Bagofdonuts (HarryB)

• Upvote 2

Since when did people on here play chess? I made a thread asking if anyone on here played chess and nobody actually said yes

I'll play for sure. What are peoples ratings? I only play on chess.com

didnt saw it. but then again chess on inet sucks :P

give me a board and mind games, thats my strong suit.

Since when did people on here play chess? I made a thread asking if anyone on here played chess and nobody actually said yes

I did. Then I got jumped on.

Anybody actually have a rating for online chess?

I stream chess regularly, twitch.tv/rockstar189

Will this tournament be like, 1, 2 or 3 days per move or live games with time limit? Need more details.

I don't think many of us actually play proper like. We have been using http://en.lichess.org/ this website. Quick + simple without having to sign up.

I think it's best if whoever is drawn together find an agreed upon time to have a game (within a certain time period so the tournament can move on) when they are both free, no time limits though imo.

I don't think many of us actually play proper like. We have been using http://en.lichess.org/ this website. Quick + simple without having to sign up.

I think it's best if whoever is drawn together find an agreed upon time to have a game (within a certain time period so the tournament can move on) when they are both free, no time limits though imo.

I think you need a time limit like 10 min each person .That way the games will move along and 10 min is way more time then need to finish a game. 5 min would be ideal .To prevent cheating i suggest 3 min each person

I also play semi regularly on chess.com ;)

There was a tournament a long time ago and a sequel which fizzled.

Anyway, sign me up.

I think you need a time limit like 10 min each person .That way the games will move along and 10 min is way more time then need to finish a game. 5 min would be ideal .To prevent cheating i suggest 3 min each person

I agree with this...actually with 10 min, cheating is already a big possibility. I favour 5 mins games too. ( just make it best of 5 matches or even best of 7 or 9 - could be whatever the players agree to with the minimum being 5)

just checked the lichess.org and it's a pretty clean, simple and fast chess place. Good to know. I guess I won't be going back to chess.com anymore ;)

Edited by Torrelio