Skills on the ground question

Mooncutter

The escape skill is for standing back up. After the first "escape" attempt after a takedown, does this skill help with standing back up with all the following attempts?

Transition is for advancing position on the ground. If on the bottom for example, does this skill go against the opponents defensive grappling, or his transition skill?

The escape skill is for standing back up. After the first "escape" attempt after a takedown, does this skill help with standing back up with all the following attempts?

Transition is for advancing position on the ground. If on the bottom for example, does this skill go against the opponents defensive grappling, or his transition skill?

Defensive grappling also help for transitions, but only when you are countering them, not when you are attempting them.

Anyway, high transitions also help to fend off enemy transitions.

Honestly, i dont know what would work better for an escapists, i think transitions should be in the mix as you want to get in a better position for the escape, you need to stay on bottom position and which kind of position i mean, if you are in mount, it will be more easy to escape compared to an half gurad position as the other opponent will hold you down with his feet and legs , and hope that the other guy doesnt have an high aggro/control slider in his gameplan, or he will keep you down even if you are on bottom position.

Anyway take whatever i said with a pinch of salt, any manager have a different opinion regarding the various aspects of the game, i would listen more to the experienced managers though :-)

• Upvote 1

What they said above. One thing I have noticed a lot of managers saying is the Escape skill seems to be over powered (or perhaps more important in some situations while on the ground). Having recently built someone new (a striker with decent defense on the ground) his first fight out he completely outclassed a wrestler/bjj fighter almost solely based on my strength, escape, and defense grappling. He'd take me down, I'd power right back up, strike some for a bit, he'd eventually take me back down and just like the Chumba Woomba song I got right back up again :)

Flexibility plays a part in it as well I believe since you need it to be effective with submissions

• Upvote 1

What they said above. One thing I have noticed a lot of managers saying is the Escape skill seems to be over powered (or perhaps more important in some situations while on the ground). Having recently built someone new (a striker with decent defense on the ground) his first fight out he completely outclassed a wrestler/bjj fighter almost solely based on my strength, escape, and defense grappling. He'd take me down, I'd power right back up, strike some for a bit, he'd eventually take me back down and just like the Chumba Woomba song I got right back up again :)

Flexibility plays a part in it as well I believe since you need it to be effective with submissions

Were you rocking a high transition value on that sprawl and brawler, or no?