Bellator Releases Lightweight Champ Will Brooks

PBR

Any chance you think he makes a big splash in UFC? -- I think he has a good shot at it

I see him in the top ten-fifteen range. I dont really think he has any dynamic traits that will allow him to become a top contender. He's a good athlete and well rounded, but doesnt have much power and I dont think he is dominant in any one facet of the game. Too many monsters in the UFC LW division for him to get into title contention.

I see him kind of as a younger Ben Henderson, he has a lot of skills and think he will do well if he comes to the UFC, I can see him beating most guys in the top 10 right now. I can see him being very competitive and making a run with the right few first fights. If he can avoid Khabib..

I know he didn't really get along with Coker, but to release him is stupid. Seems like they just want to give Chandler the title again without getting whooped.

Hopefully he comes to the UFC and not WSOF or One FC, he will be a good addition to the lightweight division. Maybe finally get to see him vs Alvarez

MVP is a beast and they are building him up properly. 3 more fights & I bet you he beats Koreshkov.

How do you know he is a beast? Who has he fought? I could beat up the opponents he has had. Guy is 10-0 and still fighting new comers who are coming of the loss in Bellator. I understand Bellator is a bit of a joke when Kimbo and Josh are the main event on their card but still he could do better than that.

• Downvote 1

MVP's next fight is a big test for him. I was huge on MVP since his debut in UCMMA but it has been hard to be a big fan with his constant injuries.

With that submission, he held the sub until the ref stopped him (thats when you should, not when the guy taps) and before the fight the guy was screaming at MVP "look at me!". So that was MVP basically saying "I see you now".

• Upvote 1

MVP's next fight is a big test for him. I was huge on MVP since his debut in UCMMA but it has been hard to be a big fan with his constant injuries.

With that submission, he held the sub until the ref stopped him (thats when you should, not when the guy taps) and before the fight the guy was screaming at MVP "look at me!". So that was MVP basically saying "I see you now".

You are saying if some one is tapping out and you know you will damage his leg you don't let it go and laugh in his face when clearly he is in pain just because referee is little bit to slow to slop the fight is okay?

• Downvote 1

You are saying if some one is tapping out and you know you will damage his leg you don't let it go and laugh in his face when clearly he is in pain just because referee is little bit to slow to slop the fight is okay?

It's a new enough rule so I get why you might not understand it. After the very recent fight between Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock at UFC 1, fighters have held onto their submissions until the referee prompts them to let go.

Increasingly convinced Bellator worked better when they had Rebney and not Coker running the show.

I never liked the tournament system that Rebney had, champions would sit out too long or they would have to fight some other guy in the mean time and risk losing but I agree Coker is still way worse. Coker seems more interesting in attracting eyeballs, no matter how he needs to do it instead of putting on real competitive events. He's more content with keeping Kimbo instead of a really talented fighter like Will Brooks. I'm happy for him though, I think he can be top 10 maybe even top 5.

• Upvote 1

It's a new enough rule so I get why you might not understand it. After the very recent fight between Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock at UFC 1, fighters have held onto their submissions until the referee prompts them to let go.

You are a fighter and you should not try to damage others carrier just because referee is not doing his job correctly. There has been 100 of examples when fighter call fight off themselves when ref is late to stop the fight and that's called good sportsmanship where this guy is complete asshole for doing what he did. I can tell that you have never even stepped a foot on the matt because there is no way in the anyone would support that behavior.

• Downvote 1

I never liked the tournament system that Rebney had, champions would sit out too long or they would have to fight some other guy in the mean time and risk losing but I agree Coker is still way worse. Coker seems more interesting in attracting eyeballs, no matter how he needs to do it instead of putting on real competitive events. He's more content with keeping Kimbo instead of a really talented fighter like Will Brooks. I'm happy for him though, I think he can be top 10 maybe even top 5.

I think it would've worked ok with far more tournaments; as it was with the seasons it didn't produce enough challengers but if they'd upped the number and increased their roster size to be large enough they would have been better.

You are a fighter and you should not try to damage others carrier just because referee is not doing his job correctly. There has been 100 of examples when fighter call fight off themselves when ref is late to stop the fight and that's called good sportsmanship where this guy is complete asshole for doing what he did. I can tell that you have never even stepped a foot on the matt because there is no way in the anyone would support that behavior.

He let it go pretty much when he tapped. Plus the guy he fought is a convicted criminal, so i'm glad he's hurt.

Source: http://www.hickoryrecord.com/news/conover-area-police-search-for-habitual-criminal/article_ccc31aa7-814a-5f7c-8525-5bcd251e2ee3.html

He let it go pretty much when he tapped. Plus the guy he fought is a convicted criminal, so i'm glad he's hurt.

Source: http://www.hickoryrecord.com/news/conover-area-police-search-for-habitual-criminal/article_ccc31aa7-814a-5f7c-8525-5bcd251e2ee3.html

When he tapped? Are you sure? What about like when he tapped 6 times and Page started to laugh in his face?

So by your logic Burkman had to strangle Fitch to death as far as I understand.

http://www.craziestsportsfights.com/watch-michael-venom-page-pulls-off-bizarre-submission-to-move-at-bellator/

• Downvote 1

Since Coker came in, I hear a lot of negativity about Rebney. I didn't see it though. While I didn't like the tournament structure cause I was really struggling to keep track of which fighter was which and stuff for a while (wasn't as big into MMA as now to be fair), I loved the product Rebney had. Things like Fight Master were great and Rebney was really focused on creating his own product. Guys like Alvarez, Chandler, Warren etc. were the draws. They didn't need to promote Ben Henderson to the moon.

I was excited about the idea of Coker taking over because Strikeforce was legitimate competition for UFC, but Coker has just proved that it was right place right time. Guys like Brook, legitimate potetially top 10 or even above fighters in the world, want to leave because Bellator is focusing on promoting, Kimbo, Royce Gracie and Ken Shamrock. It's ridiculous.

Bellator actually booked Alex Reid for their next show. Now, that's not as bad as putting Alex Vs Badarse Barrett on PPV (lmfao Dave O'Donnell) but Alex Reid in 2016 should NOT be in the number 2 promotion on the planet.

I really hope BAMMA and Cage Warriors are able to get some cash behind them. BAMMA has been making some big moves and results aside (DQ city) they just had their biggest event to date. Cage Warriors is back and immediately scored a Fight Pass deal, but CWFC has a ridiculously positive image with fighters all across Europe and places like Iraq and UAE so they have the potential for great expansion too. Bellator, RIZIN and WSOF are complete jokes now. Legacy and RFA are great orgs. ONE FC is fairly solid although they don't have a great amount of talent. Victory is a really interesting org with it's square cage, love seeing fighters "trapped in the corner".

• Upvote 1

Bellator's starting to build their fighters like boxing does, get them to 15 or 20-0 by fighting cans.. Back on topic, I wouldn't be surprised if Brooks was a top 5er in the UFC.

The UFC has been doing that with younger guys in deeper divisions for ages, just a product of the sport becoming more widespread and professional.