Highland Island Sabotage Fiasco

kentalomu

As an outsider who opened Sully's and then partnered with both Island orgs throughout the season i just want to say something.

It absolutely sucks this shit happened first with KT and with Island now. Shit happened and while i chose to stick with Highland orgs there are a lot of people who dont necessarily visit the forums so have no idea what happened. For all they know both Highland orgs just fucked up in the season.

Now i am not affiliated with the orgs but Sullys has been promoting the fuck out of both orgs and since i got 155q i had been using pretty much all my profits to send sponsorships to the fighters fighting. Bravo's may be happy his little tantrum screwed the org but all it did was inconvenience us for a week.

While it sucks that people didnt re-sign, i am inclined to think they are under no obligation. As an outsider looking in i gotta say that both Highland orgs have had shit happen and as a new fighter with no connection to Highland i probably wouldnt want to sign back after all this drama. Calling them scum is a bit far fetched i think. A lot of people stayed loyal but there is only a short season on The Island and some people want to stay as active as possible. If i didnt put in so much effort helping out with Sullys i gotta be honest and say the fact this happened to both Highland orgs doesnt help the brand.

But Mike is rebuilding HI and i am there till the end. It was a shitty move. Lets just move on and make the bst of a shitty situation

PS: Shop at Sullys ;)

• Upvote 2

If someone is pissed off at Highland over this and left...joining Island Combat is a bit ironic. If just feels like the guys were completely ungrateful that the only reason their fighters had a place to compete is because they got picked up by Mike. He's even running KT orgs at the hype and expense of HI just so those guys have a place to compete. Now guys just leave without a word at a time when they know some absolute bullshit when down at the expense and time of the org owner, ungrateful that they didn't have to QFC for the final 2 months.

If someone had asked to leave, completely different story. I'd release anyone from an org if they gave me a shout. But in this situation, if we're pretending this is all in kayfabe...the fighters were under contract. In real life Dana White cannae go "Btw lads you're all free. I ripped up the contracts cause Lorenzo called me an arsehole". So aye, it's just telling to me the kind of lads who take advantage of a situation like that.

But in kayfabe they can.

Too many people were given access. As much as i hate to say this, both Highland orgs were pretty disogranized from the beginning and people were given power that didnt need it. Ownership and power changed hands so many times on both orgs and in the end Bravo Bravo was given access which means he had contract power. In a dick move he used power to rip up the contracts which he did.

Most re-signed. Some didnt.

Shitty thing to happen? I agree with that but they were free agents and were under no obligation to re-sign.

I know it sucks to see this happen to your brand on The Island. But shit happened and i just feel it isnt fair to call someone scum because their fighter got sacked with no explanation. In a perfect world all contracts would br restored and glory to Highland. But it isnt and next week we can make the best of the last few weeks.

• Upvote 2

If someone is pissed off at Highland over this and left...joining Island Combat is a bit ironic. If just feels like the guys were completely ungrateful that the only reason their fighters had a place to compete is because they got picked up by Mike. He's even running KT orgs at the hype and expense of HI just so those guys have a place to compete. Now guys just leave without a word at a time when they know some absolute bullshit when down at the expense and time of the org owner, ungrateful that they didn't have to QFC for the final 2 months.

If someone had asked to leave, completely different story. I'd release anyone from an org if they gave me a shout. But in this situation, if we're pretending this is all in kayfabe...the fighters were under contract. In real life Dana White cannae go "Btw lads you're all free. I ripped up the contracts cause Lorenzo called me an arsehole". So aye, it's just telling to me the kind of lads who take advantage of a situation like that.

If a person in the position to rip up the contracts such as Dana (i assume he has the power) and decides to release everyone from their contract then there is fuck all Frank and Lorenzo can do about it (other than sue the living shit out of Dana). That is what has happened here, or at least that is what I gather from the numerous threads etc.

Right on to my next point, if I got released from my contract by an org because someone has had a falling out and been a cbomb, then I would under no circumstances ever sign with that org again. Why wouldn't I resign? Because who the fuck snaps at someone while they can still fuck over your org? You release that cbomb from his contract then call him all the cbombs under the sun. Now, the guy in question said he had no clue that John was with the org, that makes it worse. He clearly wasn't paying attention and John might actually have a grievance with the matchmaking to which he should have declined the fight (instead of acting like a proper cbomb). So who is to say that the matchmaking was great? Perhaps some people have had better experiences than others? If people are signing elsewhere then they clearly have a motive to do that and you calling them scum isn't helping the matter.

You said yourself, you have guys offering to fight on 1,1,1 contracts, you need to understand that not everyone has a decent bankroll and some people count the thousands of tycoon dollars they get and on the Island where there are a decent number of new players on it and people who have no clue what is going on, its fairly easy to see how an active recruiter could have taking advantage of the situation and started signing other fighters. One man's shitty day is another man's good day, I can understand why you are pissed but you are not doing yourself any favours in this thread.

• Upvote 1

It's not like Highland Island is getting hit by it. It's a very few number of people who signed elsewhere and really there's no way this will impact HI's standing or anything. It's not my hard work going to waste and it won't effect anything Highland related, so I don't really have a bias or interest outside of thinking it's a wanker move.

I don't get why Mike keeps getting mentioned here. Mike took over Highland Island less than a month ago and it's his first time running an org. Bravo, and the others, were already on the staff then. Mike's not gonna just join and kick every cnt out that he doesn't even know (especially someone like John who had multiple big level HI fighters). Mike wouldn't have had any clue that Bravo had any privileges as an org owner. Why would he check it?

All I'm saying is, I reckon it's a dick move to understand the situation here and then use it against the org (especially when that org saved your fighter from QFC obscurity). If these guys saw JJ make another org and threw someone a message saying "Aye, I loved IFC and now JJ had a new org. Is it alright if I jump over there after my next fight?", that's completely normal. I also get it if like Dinooo said, a couple of newer guys just saw the fighter cut message and didn't hit the forums or find out the information. But these guys knew what went on, they know it had nothing to do with the guy that was booking them fights and thanking them for helping the org hit #11...and they still took the first opportunity to leave. As you said Dinooo...not everyone has a lot of money on The Island. So taking your signing bonus and leaving the org like this is a shit move.

You guys are all using the same words as me. "It's easy to see how an active recruiter could have taken advantage of the situation", "shitty thing to happen", "a PM from the managers would be nice". You are all just using long definitions to explain your words where as I'm happy enough to call someone a dick and draw a line under it.

The fact that JJ was asking me if I liked the name for Island Combat, saying the Highland Island event was great, asking if he could be a part of Highland Island and help bring it back to the top after John Bravo......and then the next day he creates an org with the sole purpose of taking advantage of the shit John pulled...I think I've no issue with considering him a dick as a result.

EDIT: Walls of text. I type fast so don't envision me sitting here for 3 hours writing a hate speech haha.

As I said to JJ, HI isn't losing out at all really here. Just a bit of work on Mike's plate but nothing majorly costly. HI doesn't lose out on IC picking up a couple of fighters. So it's not a bitter thing of HI getting fucked over...I just reckon it's a dick move to do.

Regardless of what happened, it's in the past now. Can't change the stuff Bravo pulled; all we can do is be educated about working with him in the future. There are plenty of people that don't give a crap and will work with him, but that's their problem. I, personally, will never promote one of his fighters in my write-ups as is my prerogative to do.

It's a shitty, completely suckass situation. HI will just have to pick up the pieces and move on to the best of their ability... the only grudge that should be held is against Bravo in this instance. I doubt JJ is trying to be a POS with his actions, and obviously some people appreciated the opportunity he gave them, so just roll with it and keep being awesome. That's all you can do in this situation. Getting mad and calling people this obnoxiously repeated "cbomb" isn't going to make people go "Oh, damn, he's right! I need to leave this org and sign with HI!"

As my elderly southern, slightly racist, very old fashioned grandmother often stated in her rocking chair when I was a kid... it is what it is.

...Although she did also tell me that the bible should overwrite the American constitution, so you kind of have to take her advice with a grain of salt.

• Upvote 3

I disagree. When Epicity Productions merged into Troid, we had the 2 biggest fighters in EP sign to other orgs (Mellow Mood and Bobby Shamrock). I don't consider them moving elsewhere a dick move, they have the option of being part of the merger or not. It would be a dick move of me to expect them to be a part of the merger whether they liked it or not.

On your case, a PM from the managers who didn't resign would be nice, but they were free to field offers from different orgs.

In short... the game is the game.

I don't really have anything much against the guys who wouldn't re-sign with me. I mean, there are about 3 of the managers who I'm annoyed at for various reasons, and I do think that if I was in their position I would've come straight back to HI. But hey, if they want to join an org where they won't get as high level opponents or as much money in the bank then that's on them - they lose out more than I do in most cases as far as I can see, it was their decision to make and I won't hold any grudges over it. Just as long they realise that it wasn't a good decision they made lol.

And for the record J did contact me when it all happened and he initially asked if he could rebuild the org for me. He also said that he felt like he should make up for what happened earlier in the season. As it is he didn't take very many fighters that I wanted anyway. I don't really care about what he did.

Highland Island is on track to rebuild successfully. I just want to host an event every single day!

• Upvote 1

kentalomu, on 01 Jun 2016 - 11:39 PM, said:

I don't really have anything much against the guys who wouldn't re-sign with me. I mean, there are about 3 of the managers who I'm annoyed at for various reasons, and I do think that if I was in their position I would've come straight back to HI. But hey, if they want to join an org where they won't get as high level opponents or as much money in the bank then that's on them - they lose out more than I do in most cases as far as I can see, it was their decision to make and I won't hold any grudges over it. Just as long they realise that it wasn't a good decision they made lol.

And for the record J did contact me when it all happened and he initially asked if he could rebuild the org for me. He also said that he felt like he should make up for what happened earlier in the season. As it is he didn't take very many fighters that I wanted anyway. I don't really care about what he did.

Highland Island is on track to rebuild successfully. I just want to host an event every single day!

"J did contact me when it all happened and he initially asked if he could rebuild the org for me. "

Yes sir i did and i would have 100% done that but

you told me you wanted to do that yourself and i fully understand that.

"He also said that he felt like he should make up for what happened earlier in the season"

That is why i open the org i can't realy make up for my part in how bad the season has been

but i thought the least i could do is come back and finish the season with everybody

since some of my actions made it the cluster fuck that it has been

so that is why my org is on the island not to win best org or anything like that

just to give fighters who want to fight another place they can do so

there is only so many events that 2 orgs can give in 4 weeks

so with 3 orgs you get a few more events

thats it.

• Upvote 1

If someone tried to fuck over an org I was signed to and cut my fighter, despite the owner of that org doing nothing but positive shit for my fighters...I wouldn't leave them at the first opportunity I could get, knowing it's if anything backing the dickhead who fucked the org over in the first place. That's a scummy move. Not as scummy as making an org for the sole purpose of signing said fighters, but still scummy.

"knowing it's if anything backing the dickhead who fucked the org over in the first place."

funny you say the fighters signing in another org is backing the guy who fucked highland island and i am scummy for opening my org

but you have no problem at all with a guy from highland network signing all of that same guys fighters to his org is that not backing him ?

or does that just go for fighters that sign in my org ?

• Downvote 1

"knowing it's if anything backing the dickhead who fucked the org over in the first place."

funny you say the fighters signing in another org is backing the guy who fucked highland island and i am scummy for opening my org

but you have no problem at all with a guy from highland network signing all of that same guys fighters to his org is that not backing him ?

or does that just go for fighters that sign in my org ?

jj this topic is in the past and dead. quit trying to start more shit

• Upvote 2

jj this topic is in the past and dead. quit trying to start more shit

its just funny to me that you signed all of Bravos fighters and he is the guy who cut all of highland islands fighters and events and your not scum too?

just me for opening a org and the others for signing to my org

but hey lets sign all of the fighters of the guy who just wrecked my alliance mates org thats fine lol

• Downvote 1

its just funny to me that you signed all of Bravos fighters and he is the guy who cut all of highland islands fighters and events and your not scum too?

just me for opening a org and the others for signing to my org

but hey lets sign all of the fighters of the guy who just wrecked my alliance mates org thats fine lol

yes i signed bravo's guys. the had good hype and there was no way highland island was going to resign them. Michael didn't care. I guess you are just butthurt that his guys signed with me and not you, and thats why you keep trying to start shit out of nothing

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

yes i signed bravo's guys. the had good hype and there was no way highland island was going to resign them. Michael didn't care. I guess you are just butthurt that his guys signed with me and not you, and thats why you keep trying to start shit out of nothing

lol

you already had those fighters signed before i open my org

so i am not but hurt at all i just thought callem alling some manager scum because they sign to my org and how he said

them signing with my org was backing bravo some how ?

"knowing it's if anything backing the dickhead who fucked the org over in the first place. That's a scummy move."

but signing his fighters are ok and that is some how not backing the the dickhead who fucked the org over in the first place?

• Downvote 2

lol

you already had those fighters signed before i open my org

so i am not but hurt at all i just thought callem alling some manager scum because they sign to my org and how he said

them signing with my org was backing bravo some how ?

"knowing it's if anything backing the dickhead who fucked the org over in the first place. That's a scummy move."

but signing his fighters are ok and that is some how not backing the the dickhead who fucked the org over in the first place?

once again. quit trying to start shit, thats all you're doing

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1