Free Agent List

With this topic I understand what you mean master and agree I've been in the same boat as you before. It's just while I had the chance to bolster my roster I would be stupid in not doin that while I had the chance. This subject has come up a lot of times but it's never sorted.

I don't blame you for being greedy to be honest - and I also want Wales to do well

BOOM! Nice pickups, though...

This is the reason why high ranked managers should get dropped to the bottom when they pick up a fighter. It gives a more even playing field for newish people to shoot for a lucky star and pay attention the the free agent list. It would also make it harder for people to grab/release fighters with money (not in this case, but in general). I'm all for getting new people into the game with decent fighters. Let's not let rank dictate always? There should be a reward for rank of course, maybe 15 days until they can pick up a new fighter at their natural ranking after picking one up? Or just limit fighter pickups to 1 every 7-14 days?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

BOOM! Nice pickups, though...

This is the reason why high ranked managers should get dropped to the bottom when they pick up a fighter. It gives a more even playing field for newish people to shoot for a lucky star and pay attention the the free agent list. It would also make it harder for people to grab/release fighters with money (not in this case, but in general). I'm all for getting new people into the game with decent fighters. Let's not let rank dictate always? There should be a reward for rank of course, maybe 15 days until they can pick up a new fighter at their natural ranking after picking one up? Or just limit fighter pickups to 1 every 7-14 days?

with this idea though you could 3nd up with noob with top fighters, noob who run the risk of destroying hard earned fighter records or who leave the game and end up having top guys trapped on unused rosters. Doing it through rank means top fighters go to top managers and it protects there legacy in a way, I'm barely in the top 1000 and I'm making my own way in the game, if I ever make it to the top 10 or even close then FAs may come into my roster as it would take years to make new guys, i fully applaud Scott, wolf, grant and st pierre for picking up dinos guys because they can use them to their full ability

Rocket makes a valid point.

I've seen quite a few guys who seem to create an account, make a shit fighter, put in a for FA and never log in again.

Scott, Wolf , Grant etc are only doing what Dinooo did himself, spot talent and exploit it to maximum potential.

Lol Grant might struggle !!

• Upvote 3

Good move by scott if you ask me.

Cant tell me if any of you was at the top of the rankings and you had spaces on you're roster you would not do the same.

Maybe the system is flawed but i guarantee that as it stands most people would do the same

• Upvote 1

Cant tell me if any of you was at the top of the rankings and you had spaces on you're roster you would not do the same.

Maybe the system is flawed but i guarantee that as it stands most people would do the same

i certainly would but then i dont have many morals lol

Rocket makes a valid point.

I've seen quite a few guys who seem to create an account, make a shit fighter, put in a for FA and never log in again.

Scott, Wolf , Grant etc are only doing what Dinooo did himself, spot talent and exploit it to maximum potential.

Lol Grant might struggle !!

with this idea though you could 3nd up with noob with top fighters, noob who run the risk of destroying hard earned fighter records or who leave the game and end up having top guys trapped on unused rosters. Doing it through rank means top fighters go to top managers and it protects there legacy in a way, I'm barely in the top 1000 and I'm making my own way in the game, if I ever make it to the top 10 or even close then FAs may come into my roster as it would take years to make new guys, i fully applaud Scott, wolf, grant and st pierre for picking up dinos guys because they can use them to their full ability

No, I don't think so. The system I'm proposing wouldn't allow for new managers to get top tier guys unless there was a ton available. There aren't that many top tier FA picks to be had. Say someone quits (top 20 managers) and drops 20 great, hand picked fighters. There are at least 20 managers in the top 50 that would like to pick up at least one, and for sure in the top 100.

I agree that his move was a very smart way for an established manager to get a new stable. I'm not mad about that at all, just highlighting what is wrong with the system.

The idea that people are going to pick up top 100 p4pers for free and never log in again just isn't going to happen. There are enough active managers that would fight over these fighters. If it reset to natural rank every 15 days, it wouldn't matter anyway because usually the top managers will still get the strongest picks. It would just let some trickle down of fighters occur to middling managers that don't have their 2nd stable or whatever. I know picking up a FA that was in EVO made me take the game a whole different direction because I had some old dude in a top org fighting good managers. It was a wake up and smell the roses moment. I had a few others as well. I still will in the future.

• Upvote 2

probably isn't a bad idea actually, top managers can still utilise their rank, but block snatch ups would be prevented, and top/active managers would still pick up the fighters while the high rank boys wait for their re-set, thus orgs aren't screwed with fighters going to inactive noobs signing on once.

No, I don't think so. The system I'm proposing wouldn't allow for new managers to get top tier guys unless there was a ton available. There aren't that many top tier FA picks to be had. Say someone quits (top 20 managers) and drops 20 great, hand picked fighters. There are at least 20 managers in the top 50 that would like to pick up at least one, and for sure in the top 100.

I agree that his move was a very smart way for an established manager to get a new stable. I'm not mad about that at all, just highlighting what is wrong with the system.

The idea that people are going to pick up top 100 p4pers for free and never log in again just isn't going to happen. There are enough active managers that would fight over these fighters. If it reset to natural rank every 15 days, it wouldn't matter anyway because usually the top managers will still get the strongest picks. It would just let some trickle down of fighters occur to middling managers that don't have their 2nd stable or whatever. I know picking up a FA that was in EVO made me take the game a whole different direction because I had some old dude in a top org fighting good managers. It was a wake up and smell the roses moment. I had a few others as well. I still will in the future.

This guy is absolutely spot on. Mike - take note :)

So I don't blame Scott, what he did is totally in line with how the system is now set-up.

I do think the system should be revised so that once you pick-up one fighter for the day, you move to the END of the rankings list for that day. So when a top manager like Dean drops his whole roster all at once, it should trickle down as 1 fighter per manager for claims. They would still get gobbled up by all top 50 ranked managers, but at least in a more even and fair way I think.

This would necessitate a better FA claims ranking system for pick-ups as was earlier mentioned. So some strategy into how you ranked the fighters from Dinoos roster would become crucial to who you claimed. So it ends up more like a fighter draft, so Scott would have had the #2 pick, instead of the #2 through #10 picks.

This is probably more work for Mike than is reasonable for a somewhat rare occurrence. But I'd still like to see it done.

Yes, no one blames Scott, he is Welsh and still my friend.

I became friends with Dinooo, he is Scottish, and I overcame that prejudice too.

I dislike the Yorkshire accent immensely, but I have learned to accept these people.

The point is, if I can change, we can all change, including the FA system.

• Upvote 2

I think everyone wanted to pick up some of Dino's fighters lol, looks like Scott got them all apart from 1 (who I got :D)

Actually I didn't want any fighters from him. My fighters may not be the best, but at least I'm proud that I create and get them to a decent level. All of my created guys are near the top of their division based on their id, and most of them haven;t a dominant pop up like granite chin or Ko power. I will always prefer to create and raise a fighter rather than take one of the fa (ocasionaly you have to do that 2) :)

On the other hand I agree that FA needs to be changed, let's say 1 pick/day and maybe other picks if no1 wants the fighters (that should be fair)

In all seriousness, you should only be able to pick up one free agent per day.

No. It's always been this way. Not really that big of an issue. Just people butt-hurt because they didn't get fighters they really wanted.

If anything, should work like the NBA draft lottery. % of landing FA based on rank.

if you guys really wanted fighters that bad, should of lied about getting a Free Agent Credit on spin & win like Bjorn and saying the game glitched you out of it.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

No. It's always been this way. Not really that big of an issue. Just people butt-hurt because they didn't get fighters they really wanted.

If anything, should work like the NBA draft lottery. % of landing FA based on rank.

if you guys really wanted fighters that bad, should of lied about getting a Free Agent Credit on spin & win like Bjorn and saying the game glitched you out of it.

Bjorn did this? What's the evidence?

Just to poke holes in something (your mum)...

If you could only pick up 1 a day, what if there were two fighters released at the same time and someone you wanted retired cause you could only pick up one.

I would suggest you are moved to the end of the list after you pick up a fighter, so you could still conceivably claim 2 (or more) fighters in a day if nobody else in the game wants them.

• Upvote 1