Tycoons Ultimate Fighter - Brainstorming thead

Many TUF replicas have come... Many TUF replicas have failed.... But none have been ran by myself.

Tycoons Ultimate Fighter

(credit to Jake for making the original thread and passing the idea onto me because I told him I had better ideas and he's a really nice guy who took the criticism well and you should all check out his org)

So while his idea was a creation tournament, I thought that loses the appeal to TUF right away. So here is my original idea, that with your added thoughts. We can make this really fucking awesome and like TUF. Capeesh?

First of all, we need to set an ID limit so we have an even playing field. I thought 280k since it's a nice inbetween from 270k and 290k.

Then we need to establish some ground rules, while there is some exceptions. Most TUF fighters have a fair record of fights. So I think every participant must have at least 5 fights before entering. MMA, KT and TWGC all count to that 5. What the record is doesn't matter.

Not as importantly as the first two, but now we need a weight class or 2. The benefits of 1 weight class is a bigger overall tournament, and a bigger prize pool. But there is a risk we don't fill the whole 16. In that case we make 2 seperate brackets for 2 different weightclasses as this regularly happens in TUF. Of course the prize pot would be halved. If we only have 1 division I'm open to ideas, but if we have 2 divisions we should definitely have a 155 division and therefore the next division should be 185/205/265 with me preferring 205 so people can move up and down weight easier. Which brings me to my next point, it's a regular theme fighting in TUF in your wrong weight class. So this won't be any different. Obviously you can't come in overweight but I will allow people to fight lighter than the weight category suggests. What I will add is a touch of honour, don't purposefully lose weight, but if your guy is a whole weight class under, I won't be shaming you in the forums and feel free to sign up.

That is my idea so far, it needs refining and if you see any problems then please let me know, if you have any improvements, again. Let me know. I will be taking control of this though so it doesn't get out of hand like many tournament discussions so if I totally disregard your opinion I apologize in advance but you know, everybody is a little bias and I take everybodys opinion with a pinch of salt.

What I need help with?

Well, first of all I need an org willing to help out and hold the fighters and tourney. I will compensate you for your time and any hype hits.

And this final idea. On TUF it's a seperate fight weekly, I like that idea. I don't want everybody fighting at once it takes away from the fighters picks and that tension. But at the same time I don't want to be waiting a week, maybe we will have to, but then it will be very long. Ideally I want a fight to happen twice a week, I know this isn't ideal to orgs. So if anybody has a better idea then let me know but as I said, I will compensate for the org helping out.

Other than that, get hyped about this. Put your names forward if you're interested and be reasonable and thoughtful with your opinions.

Also, just to add because I always forget something. We will have 2 head coaches, who both will have 3 assistant coaches. Their purpose will be to help out with training and gameplans, lending a hand. As with happens with TUF the fighters can refuse this help totally and go on their own accord, but two brains are better than one. Especially as I hope the headcoach will be experienced. The headcoach can go as far or as little our their way as possible, ideally they will be helping with gyms and flights, but there is no expectation.

• Upvote 6

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14046526106802.jpg

James "Sully" McGuiness (237725)

(Participant of The Island Season 2. Former MMA and KT Fighter.

Owner of Sully's Bar & Grill - Official Merch partner of St Pete Fighting Championships)

Hello everyone!!!

Sounds like an interesting concept. If this happens i would like to be involved

Fastest Finish via sub - $25k

Fastest Finish via (T)KO - $25k (excluding cuts)

Until next time,

Train hard :training2:

Fight hard :boxing:

Play hard :drunk:

And of course,

Stay Classy

:shades:

• Upvote 3

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14046526106802.jpg

James "Sully" McGuiness (237725)

(Participant of The Island Season 2. Former MMA and KT Fighter.

Owner of Sully's Bar & Grill - Official Merch partner of St Pete Fighting Championships)

Hello everyone!!!

Sounds like an interesting concept. If this happens i would like to be involved

Fastest Finish via sub - $25k

Fastest Finish via (T)KO - $25k (excluding cuts)

Until next time,

Train hard :training2:

Fight hard :boxing:

Play hard :drunk:

And of course,

Stay Classy

:shades:

Thanks Sully!

How this tournament will run is basically.

1. We sort out all the details

2. We run sign ups. We'll see how many we sign up. Less than 16 we will do fight ins to make 8. Less than 32 we will do the same to make 16.

3. Coaches pick teams

4. Coach who got second pick, gets to choose first fight.

5. Coach of the winning fighter picks the next fight, so on and so forth

6. Once everybody has fought I will talk to the coaches about the semis matchups and will make the best matchups we will use a randomizer incase I have to emergency enter a fighter of mine.

7. Continue fighting until we have Tycoons Ultimate Fighter

Other things:

We will make this story based with a build up of both fighters for every matchup.

I am willing to spend 1 million in prizes, and a further 250k to the org running the tourney.

I guess my "suggestion" was so bad it deserved a down rating? Just fucking man up and tell me it sucked, don't hide behind a fucking down rating.

It was only a "SUGGESTION"

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Wanted to make one suggestion. Could you find fighters and managers to join privately? It would make it more like ultimate fighter.

Nobody would know what kind of opponents is joining. Yes it could be hard work, but it could be more intresting. This is just my opinion and suggestion. Ofcourse those coaches should be known.

Hope you understand what i mean, ain't that good write these ideas down.

• Upvote 3

Wanted to make one suggestion. Could you find fighters and managers to join privately? It would make it more like ultimate fighter.

Nobody would know what kind of opponents is joining. Yes it could be hard work, but it could be more intresting. This is just my opinion and suggestion. Ofcourse those coaches should be known.

Hope you understand what i mean, ain't that good write these ideas down.

I like this idea and will try to sort something out to make it private