Judging fights

dvjmw

Whole Fight vs. Round by Round  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which judging system do you prefer?

• Whole fight
    • Round by round
  2. 2. Which judging system, do you think is more fair?

• Whole fight
    • Round by Round

I have been playing this game for a couple years now and, think if I'm not mistaken all of my fights have been judged Round by Round (10 point must) system. When I was looking over the Island tournaments, I saw that the fights were judged whole fight.

What is the difference?

I understand that tha judging Round by round someone will earn 10 points and their opponent will earn 10 or fewer points.

But what does it mean to judge the whole fight? As a manager do you need to switch up your approach or tactics for winning the fight in a whole fight judging system vs Round by Round (10 point must) system? Do you need a different mind set?

And this brings me to my Poll question:

Whole Fight just means they judge the whole fight on who they believe won.

To give an example on the difference. In the 10 Point Must system, Fighter A barely wins Rounds 1 and 2, while Fighter B absolutely dominates Round 3 but not enough to get a 10-8. The judges would score that fight 29-28 for Fighter A to win. In a Whole Fight judging system however, Fighter B may win the fight as he was keeping close in the first two rounds before jumping way ahead in the 3rd round.

• Upvote 1

Whole Fight just means they judge the whole fight on who they believe won.

To give an example on the difference. In the 10 Point Must system, Fighter A barely wins Rounds 1 and 2, while Fighter B absolutely dominates Round 3 but not enough to get a 10-8. The judges would score that fight 29-28 for Fighter A to win. In a Whole Fight judging system however, Fighter B may win the fight as he was keeping close in the first two rounds before jumping way ahead in the 3rd round.

Thanks Grant! Does this change how you would set your tactics/sliders?

Does whole fight scoring eliminate draws? If not, why does the Island use that judging system?

Not really seen that many Whole Fight judging fights in the game, but I would imagine draws are eliminated with Whole Fight.

Just as an example also of Whole Fight vs 10 Point Must - http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=52912&p=769618

Mickey thinks he won the fight and was robbed, but he doesn't understand how Whole Fight works and figured since the commentator said he won 2 rounds that he would win it, despite the fact his opponent overall was better in the bout.

• Upvote 1

I find that with Round by Round scoring it is more common for undeserving fighters to steal fights with split/majority decisions.

I have not had many fights scored with whole fight judging but would love to experiment with it more/find out more about it.

The only thing I do not like about Round by Round is seeing the end fight results and your fighter outstruck the other fighter yet still lost. These kind of things really piss me off sometimes because the commentary usually leads you to believe your fighter is winning in that situation!

Ive had a couple of dodgy decisions in whole fight scoring. One was pretty clear that I won, even the announcers said only incompetent judges would score the fight for my oppo and yet, they did!

Announcers aren't really decisive in Whole Fight judging since their end fight comment (I think Fighter XXX has won this) is based on the 10 point must system of Round scoring rather than actual Whole Fight

• Upvote 1