North Korea & Propaganda

Wally

So we've all seen those documentaries about how awful and backward North Korea is, and we've all been fed scary news items for many years about how they are hungry for war with the rest of the world and especially the US. It's looks a pretty bleak place. Morbid fascination has led me to watch all the documentaries on the place I could find. Well, I stumbled on a documentary that really changed my opinion and I want to urge anyone whos interested to go and watch it. It's called "The Propaganda Game" and it's on netflix (at least here in the UK anyway).

This documentary is completed opposite to anything I've ever seen or heard about NK, it shows the people as extremely happy, welcoming, proud, a million times more free than we've been led to believe. Their system is alien yes: they work for the state, they all get a free home (they can't choose where), free food & clothes, there's no money as such... yes these are all odd to us. But these people look extremely happy. It shows the NK government and people as wanting to be a part of the world, but they can't because the US and UK (among others) have destroyed them via propaganda.

It completely changed my mind, I feel incredibly sorry for them and will never believe anything our governments say about them again. Go check out The Propaganda Game, it's mental how different NK is!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

There is also a documentary made by a New Zealand couple (husband and wife) that travel across north korea as tourists, they ran across it on bike.

It looked like a perfectly normal asian country, people were generally genuinely happy. (i mean they were not forced to smile and offer local food facing a platoon of Red Guards)

If i can give my personal opinion, honestly , some asian countries are even more dangerous to go than North Korea, like Thailand for example.

But then again history repeat itself, dont fell in the trap of propaganda, both the West and North Korea do it, with the difference that North Korea do it in self defence , since she have a whole system against her.

And just because a obese Majin Bu with a weird haircut ruel them, doesnt mean they are all stupid gloomy and retards like him, just like Donald Trump and Hilalry Clinton doesnt represent the american population.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

wow guys you really defending dinning north korea???Just google map it what it looks like it night .There no lighting electricity what so ever . Countless storys of famine .Maybe a select few get housing and stuff those that live in the capital but the rest of the place is hell .If it was not for china it would have totally collapse long ago.The south korea have a vested interested in keeping the status queue and so does most everybody else .It going to cost trillions to get north Korea up to code and they do not what a flux of refuges flooding over if the regimes collapse .

http://cdn.citylab.com/media/img/citylab/legacy/2012/12/18/north%20korea%20satellite%20nasa%20lights%20OLD.JPG

• Upvote 4

wow guys you really defending dinning north korea???Just google map it what it looks like it night .There no lighting electricity what so ever . Countless storys of famine .Maybe a select few get housing and stuff those that live in the capital but the rest of the place is hell .If it was not for china it would have totally collapse long ago.The south korea have a vested interested in keeping the status queue and so does most everybody else .It going to cost trillions to get north Korea up to code and they do not what a flux of refuges flooding over if the regimes collapse .

http://cdn.citylab.com/media/img/citylab/legacy/2012/12/18/north%20korea%20satellite%20nasa%20lights%20OLD.JPG

Yep. Fucking dark ages there.

Totally normal nothing to see here. We are just energy conscious.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What makes you sure that what you saw in that documentary is true?

Just watch it, and I promise you'll at least question what you've already seen. Trust me, I watch about 8 hours of politics related stuff a day (work from home) - my eyes are open generally.

All other Korea docs I've seen have been made by one of Rupert Murdochs companies, so likely to have a similar vein. The Propaganda game doesn't show any empty places, its shows thousands of happy people walking about... children playing in parks, families walking about, lovers kissing. The doc maker isn't shapperoned like all the other documentary makers, he's given a free reign to approach anyone and ask anything. When he asks a few people about some of the things we're led to believe, they genuinely look surprised and hurt that we're being told such things about them.

The trouble with the west (I'm from the UK), the average person believes that other countries have propaganda and we don't

Somehow I'm reminded of the "EVERYTHING IS FINE" type Soviet propaganda...

You can make virtually anywhere look good if you stick to the right places. In short TS, I think you're very easily led.

You can also make anywhere look bad. You just have to see it from all sides and decide for yourself. :)

• Downvote 1

The documentary made by the New Zealand couple is even better, because it is just the point of view of 2 random tourists, they are not journalist freelancers or whatever shit they call themselves these days " citizen journalists".

It is very raw ad they mostly speak with regular people, also i fail to understand why not being lighted up Las Vegas means living in the Dark Ages and in a gloomy place, the "more the merrier" mentality of us living in the West is going to kill this Planet sooner rather than later.

• Downvote 2

Because all documentaries are true, DUH!

I still have a lot of soviet "documentaries" about the west. Did you know that Americans never landed on the moon? They staged it.

The documentary made by the New Zealand couple is even better, because it is just the point of view of 2 random tourists, they are not journalist freelancers or whatever shit they call themselves these days " citizen journalists".

It is very raw ad they mostly speak with regular people, also i fail to understand why not being lighted up Las Vegas means living in the Dark Ages and in a gloomy place, the "more the merrier" mentality of us living in the West is going to kill this Planet sooner rather than later.

God I hope you are a troll and don't represent the general majority of Italians. I spent a week in Italy and nobody espoused this shit you scream.

I will just say this. Increased luminosity in urban AND rural settings decreases crime, prostitution, rape and murder. If you don't understand that, then I don't know what the hell to say. You really think it is OK for any modern, population dense society to not have constant power and light? That is fucking nuts. Look at the problems in Africa and India if you don't think that power is a big deal. Or look to the west and how people in housing projects routinely put out the lights so they can do their dirt.

PS. Who is to say that the "people" that were interviewed weren't only speaking party line and/or placed there by people who are tracking the exact movements of the New Zealand couple? I can frame any documentary any way I want if the "people" are actors, or planted. Look at "reality" television. It looks really real right?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I will just say this. Increased luminosity in urban AND rural settings decreases crime, prostitution, rape and murder.

In the United States maybe, we dont have these kind of problems because of some electricity, i am pretty sure North Korea have much less problems with prostitution murder and crime than your USA #1 country, my dear minuteman.

Oh but wait, you are the same nutter that think McCain was used as a counselor in the filming of Rambo, get out of here Troll.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

In the United States maybe, we dont have these kind of problems because of some electricity, i am pretty sure North Korea have much less problems with prostitution murder and crime than your USA #1 country, my dear minuteman.

Oh but wait, you are the same nutter that think McCain was used as a counselor in the filming of Rambo, get out of here Troll.

K buddy. What I said is true. Twist it any way you like. Light is safety. North Korea has none. Why don't you move from you "not sovereign" country and go kick it with the North Koreans. At least we won't have to listen to you babble on the Internet. Because you need energy and stuff for that.

• Upvote 1

I watched a documentary on Italians, showed they were a bunch of Nazi loving war losing morons who are obnoxious shits... looks like its true.

• Upvote 5