MMATycoon and New People

toejam98

So it's been awhile since I've posted anything but I've been observing the forms and one thing I notice in this game, and really not just this game but any game out there is how the community treats the "abnormal" new people who sign up.

There's usually 3 groups of people who sign up.

1. The people who read all the WIKIS, read all the guides, and spend hours clawing and trying to eat up any piece of information to the learn the game as fast as possible. These are usually the people who join the community and pass without any troubles and very quickly, they make a lot of friends and have easy transitions into the game.

2. The "Khaled" type. (Taken from the guy spamming post and accounts I saw in a previous thread)

So this is the kind of guy/gal who joins with no knowledge of anything. Instead of really attempting to fit in kinda just takes there own odd approach to anything. They break rules either because they don't know the rules or because they don't care because they are not invested into the game yet. They tend to piss off and annoy a lot of people.... Everyone laughs at them in the forms and mocks them and wishes for there ban....Usually poor English and grammar tends to add on to the ridicule... and so on.

3. The person who falls in the middle - of 1 and 2. Usually transition into the game pretty well, may have some issues piss a couple people off along the way but mostly come in unscaved. They may become a huge part of the community or disappear pretty quick into the night only.

So if we go in depth on these types of members.

Type 1: For the most part will stick around for awhile, they are already interested determined to be successful and to be a part. Lets say they are 90% going to stick around the game for a period of time

Type 2: Some will become more interested and stick around some will fall off... Lets say 50% stick around for a period of time

Type 3: Pretty much no chance they stick around. Either they get banned or made fun of, no one wants to help them and they are interested enough to learn on their own. 10% stick around.....

SO.... Basically the point of this topic is that we obviously all want MMATycoon to grow right? Which type do we see the largest amount of people joining. Usually the Type 2... Then Type 3... and then the type you see the least amount joining is Type 1. Rarely do you have someone who fits into that type 1 category join.. It does happen but not often, and even when it does happen its a 90% success rate they stick around. (Totally made up number but it shows the point I'm trying to make) Basically we don't have to put effort in to get them to stick around.

If we want Tycoon to grow, besides advertising..... Proper behavior towards new people on the forms is important. Type 2 may come in as the "HEEL" as an example, but they are not all bad people just often clueless. Instead of mocking them laughing at them and working towards a ban as fast as possible I think that if we make an effort to talk to them positively and help them then that number can go way up from 10% and they can actually be good members to the community and not just the first impression they gave off and quickly leave.

And also the type 3 people... Those are the people who make up most of the new members, but only 50% (again totally made up number prolly less) will stick around. If we are able to notice these new members that fit into this category, and try to show them how great MMATycoon really is then yet again I think the active member base can grow rapidly.

If members look out for the better of the game, put aside there judgements, put aside there egos and try to help each and every new member understand just what this game is about and how great it is, I have no doubt it will grow fast!

But it starts with our actions, especially here on the forms!

Just an observation. Good day all!

• Upvote 3

So it's been awhile since I've posted anything but I've been observing the forms and one thing I notice in this game, and really not just this game but any game out there is how the community treats the "abnormal" new people who sign up.

There's usually 3 groups of people who sign up.

1. The people who read all the WIKIS, read all the guides, and spend hours clawing and trying to eat up any piece of information to the learn the game as fast as possible. These are usually the people who join the community and pass without any troubles and very quickly, they make a lot of friends and have easy transitions into the game.

2. The "Khaled" type. (Taken from the guy spamming post and accounts I saw in a previous thread)

So this is the kind of guy/gal who joins with no knowledge of anything. Instead of really attempting to fit in kinda just takes there own odd approach to anything. They break rules either because they don't know the rules or because they don't care because they are not invested into the game yet. They tend to piss off and annoy a lot of people.... Everyone laughs at them in the forms and mocks them and wishes for there ban....Usually poor English and grammar tends to add on to the ridicule... and so on.

3. The person who falls in the middle - of 1 and 2. Usually transition into the game pretty well, may have some issues piss a couple people off along the way but mostly come in unscaved. They may become a huge part of the community or disappear pretty quick into the night only.

So if we go in depth on these types of members.

Type 1: For the most part will stick around for awhile, they are already interested determined to be successful and to be a part. Lets say they are 90% going to stick around the game for a period of time

Type 2: Some will become more interested and stick around some will fall off... Lets say 50% stick around for a period of time

Type 3: Pretty much no chance they stick around. Either they get banned or made fun of, no one wants to help them and they are interested enough to learn on their own. 10% stick around.....

SO.... Basically the point of this topic is that we obviously all want MMATycoon to grow right? Which type do we see the largest amount of people joining. Usually the Type 2... Then Type 3... and then the type you see the least amount joining is Type 1. Rarely do you have someone who fits into that type 1 category join.. It does happen but not often, and even when it does happen its a 90% success rate they stick around. (Totally made up number but it shows the point I'm trying to make) Basically we don't have to put effort in to get them to stick around.

If we want Tycoon to grow, besides advertising..... Proper behavior towards new people on the forms is important. Type 2 may come in as the "HEEL" as an example, but they are not all bad people just often clueless. Instead of mocking them laughing at them and working towards a ban as fast as possible I think that if we make an effort to talk to them positively and help them then that number can go way up from 10% and they can actually be good members to the community and not just the first impression they gave off and quickly leave.

And also the type 3 people... Those are the people who make up most of the new members, but only 50% (again totally made up number prolly less) will stick around. If we are able to notice these new members that fit into this category, and try to show them how great MMATycoon really is then yet again I think the active member base can grow rapidly.

If members look out for the better of the game, put aside there judgements, put aside there egos and try to help each and every new member understand just what this game is about and how great it is, I have no doubt it will grow fast!

But it starts with our actions, especially here on the forms!

Just an observation. Good day all!

I would say i was number 2 or 3

From what i have seen over the years most of the people that get given shit on here deserve what they get as they are acting like idiots, assholes or just plain trolling. On the other hand though it does annoy me when a bunch of people give another player shit over their spelling when it is their second language or something stupid like that that has nothing to do with the game.

I remember when i signed up 100 years ago everyone in chat gave me shit for naming my guys after real fighters and starting an org on my first day playing. Instead of arguing back with them, spamming the forums or starting to troll everyone when i was in the wrong i fixed my mistake of naming my guys after real fighters and asked them for help with my org, which they did. So in the end i learned from my mistakes and made a lot of friends in chat instead of carrying on like a tool like a lot of people on here do when they are in the wrong.

• Upvote 2

What bowties? nooooo hahaha.

Cus I agree that they deserve it but when you join a brand new game you know nothing about sometimes people just act like an idiot because they don't realize how great the game is or what it takes to be part of the community.

Other times they actually arn't trying to be as they come off as, but usually if you don't follow a certain protocol members tend to give you shit. Just like they gave you shit, sure you corrected your mistakes but not everyone is ike that some would just quit. And they might be someone that wouldnt quit if we just helped them instead of mocked.

Its not an MMATycoon problem, every game in the world is like that towards new people. Not even just games, jobs... anything... But doesn't mean we can't work towards being more welcoming. (Not saying mmatycoon isnt welcoming for the most part is and people work very hard to make it helpful)

But for the active users, we want it to grow. More actiivity is positivity for everyone. So we should try to grab every member possible even if they deserve to be treated like shit. If they are new we should try to get their attention and keep them around

There's definitely a clique within the Tycoon community but it doesn't take much to be accepted. Just show interest in a non spammy way. I've asked so many questions to so many people on here. No one has told me to fuck off yet. I even asked one guy right after he beat me what his fighter's physicals were because I couldn't understand why I got knocked out in 12 seconds. Wish I had taken note of all these people that have helped me. So just show interest. And not in the GIVE ME A CONTRACT way SPONSOR MY FIGHTER NOW way.

• Upvote 1

Yes haha but how do you tell someone that before they've ever played? Sure we can tell each other that and say this is the best way to approach things but a new person doesnt know that.

We shouldnt be saying "If they want to be part they should try" we should try to make them apart! because WE want the game to grow! Some people will of course be impossible.

Yeah i get what you are saying. Chat use to be raging with users all day every day but people use to say it was way too negative in their if you weren't on the "in" and over time it has turned into a place no one goes really. Although a lot of older members that use to visit chat have left i would say all the negativity people use to talk about had a lot to do with it.

I guess i agree with you on the new guys, i may of been bunching them in with the guys that have been here a little and have been told but continue to do the same in my last post.

I like the ones who are inbetween are 1 and a 3. We already know thats not 2 because 3 is inbetween 1 and 2, so 4 is between 1 and 3 and a 4 is the type to get a mentor and make 4 forum posts a week.

But whats even better than a 4 is a 5. Now a 5 is inbetween a 4 and a 1, but still isn't a 3. A 5 is the kinda guy when the planets are aligned to go onto chat onto the first day and buy vip within the first 5 days.

Now a 6, well. Let me tell you about a 6.