Officially the worst manager ever

JB90

Looking for some help and advice. My record is shit. I'm shit at sliders . I've got around 4 fighters who are actually good . I'm thinking just clearing roster and starting again ?

I have a lot of 18 year olds start training then I got the urge to make them fight m they lose as they come up against a 25yr old ten I lose intest in that fighter .

I always struggle with game plans.

If anyone has any time I could help me out would be great .

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You could start by posting the fights that you are most disappointed with and, if you still have them, the sliders you used.

Waiting for that, common errors I've seen in unexperienced managers are:

- excessive aggressiveness (fighter gasses out and exposes too much),

- extreme countering especially with weaker fighter (your fighter doesn't take the initiative and is not good enough to connect with his counterattacks)

- not reading well enough how the absolute sliders work, e.g. takedowns: they are very fatiguing... when I desperately want to take the fighter to the ground I set takedowns to 10%, I'd recommend an higher value only if you are against a crappy wrestler. And most of the time 10% is probably already too much <--- MY HUMBLE OPINION

- being predictable: if you have a wonderful boxer and go 100% head punch you'll do well at the beginning, but if the opponent is decent on his standup you'll progressively lose effectiveness. Much better to throw in some rare moves to make you less predictable, even if your fighter is not that good.

- weak physicals: many times i saw fighter that seemed to have level 5-10 physicals.... too low! For a 18 fighter a Respectable technique may be enough to star fighting, but physicals are much easier and faster to train: never, never start a fight with less than wonderful cardio and strenght and decent physicals overall... otherwise your fighter will gas out and will be dominated easily

• Upvote 2

I started training in my fighters at physicals then I read somewhere that if I train my secondaries the physicals will also improve ????

When I have a bjj fighter I pretty much have takedown at around 70 % always get stuffed

When Im against a bjj fighter I predict my opponant to take me down and pretty much I get taken down stright away . All my fighters pretty much at least 10 in takedown defense

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I started training in my fighters at physicals then I read somewhere that if I train my secondaries the physicals will also improve ????

Very slightly. you shouldnt plan for it though, think of it as a bonus. Sparring will also ever-so-slightly improve some of your secondaries and physicals

When I have a bjj fighter I pretty much have takedown at around 70 % always get stuffed

70% is way too high. The only time I would do this is with a pure grappler against a guy with terrible wrestling and TDD

When Im against a bjj fighter I predict my opponant to take me down and pretty much I get taken down stright away . All my fighters pretty much at least 10 in takedown defense

The only time I ever predict things is if I'm confident that I know exactly the percentages of each thing he's going to do. Sometimes its easy because you notice the guy spams TDs or Clinches, or has a predictable striking setup (Almost all straight punches)

Even if your opponent ALWAYS goes for TDs, predicting it doesnt mean shit if his wrestling, TDs and physicals are better than yours

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Thanks . I'll make a few adjustments and see if it works

So if I'm against a stand up fighter and looking to take him down , I should set my slider to around 80% stay standing ??

It's hard to give you a hard-lined answer since you're estimating your opponents skills, and since your skills will also fluctuate from fighter to fighter.

I've set TDs at 100% before, but thats because I was confident I would take him down within 2 takedowns and I was also afraid of getting knocked out early. I wouldnt normally do this, however, since its zaps your energy.

For me, 20% is a high mark in a competitive match, but everyone kind of has their own preference. You should also think about pulling guard if your wrestling is bad, but avoid this if you're facing a clinch striker

• Upvote 1

70% is for sure way too high, it's okay only against a crappy wrestler.

Maybe I was exaggerating when I said at most 10%, after all I was thinking about well-developed fighters.

A slightly higher percentage (15-20%) can be ok sometimes... it really depends on many things: too many failed takedowns (and with too many i mean 4-5 per round) will gas you out, making things more difficult. But staying on foot against an extremely superior striker will doom you very soon: which is the lower risk?

Also never forget the clinch when you are considering takedowns:

you have to become less predictable... so how can you increase the number of takedowns... without shooting for takedowns? clinch!

Attempting to clinch is less fatiguing, so you can have an higher percentage on the clinch slider. And from clinch you can try to take your opponent down or to pull guard (which is slightly easier but dangerous against Ground and Pound).

That also means that if you want to stay on foot.. you must stay away from the clinch!

And never remember that setting sliders is not a perfect science, every body has his own preferences

• Upvote 1

At low level fighters, I can even accept 100% takedown attempts as a good setting. Imagine you have a great boxer with low wrestle + bjj and your fighter is the exact opposite. You have no chance at stand-up, it will be a lost no matter KO or decision.. So then I think it's best to go aggressive stand-up with 100% takedowns, you will have much better chances to win, especially if you are good on conditioning.

• Upvote 1

I was about to post a similar thread.

I just can't get a good roll of the dice.

My best fighter who is not bad smart wise and training has only a good chin.

Rest suck

I'm not as picky choosing guys. I'll take fast learners who are determined, or intelligent. It'll probably hurt me down the road, but I've had success with a few of these guys

James Adams and Cory McDonnell were both "Determined"

I'm not as picky choosing guys. I'll take fast learners who are determined, or intelligent. It'll probably hurt me down the road, but I've had success with a few of these guys

James Adams and Cory McDonnell were both "Determined"

You can make determine work at the lower weights but at the heavy weights the lack of a chin and power does then in .Intelligent they just suck.As soon as you come against a guy with good hiddens your goosed.For instant your fighter james adams quote " knockout today if he connects clean with James Adams's chin".He winning now but when he goes against top opposition he going to get smoked .I would sack personally he never going to come close to being a top fighter.In the long run truth me your better off focusing on granite/solid chin and ko power fighters

Guys, you can't really think to manage only top-tier fighters. It will take a lot of time and luck to get a dozen of fighters with wonderful hiddens.

Your goal is not being "the best figher in the world", your goal is to be "the best manager in the world", which means managing bot top, good and mediocre fighters. Just because one of your guys is simply "good" it doesn't mean you have to sack him immediately... you'll still get money, hype and experience with the fight engine with him: have him fight and build hype until you find appropriate and progressively prune your roster of the less successfull one. Over time you'll get a very good roster overall ;)

• Upvote 3