Hockey

Hello everyone . Today I fought a new 18 year old fighter of mine, I was happy to see he popped granite chin, I wasn't so excited when he tapped to strikes in under 10 seconds. Is this indicative of a weak heart, or some extreme punching power on my opponents side ? He popped granite chin too, which is obviously above ko power in the hierarchy . My guy seems to have good confidence but was injured for 6 freaking days after a 9 second fight . Thinking I'll cut him. Any suggestions?

He got knocked out because he has no striking. Sit on him and train for a while and he could be a very good fighter.

Will do. I wanted to spam takedown but I was told not to, I trust my mentor in regards to sliders.

How do you feel about the 6 day injury? Seems like quite a lot, especially for such a quick fight. I haven't seen an injury that long in any of my guys.

Will do. I wanted to spam takedown but I was told not to, I trust my mentor in regards to sliders.

How do you feel about the 6 day injury? Seems like quite a lot, especially for such a quick fight. I haven't seen an injury that long in any of my guys.

6 days is meh. Max you can get is 16 days and I have seen people get more injuries (Than 6 days) from shorter fights. The main thing injuries affect is the ability to fight a lot in a short space of time and eventually the amount of points your fighter will actually have when he is at his limit. Overall when just starting, nothing you should worry about at all.

• Upvote 1

I agree with GBK16.

It's ok to have a pure grappler, but a very basic level of striking defense and boxing/muay thai is needed, otherwise you'll be knocked out very quickly. I also imagine that your guy also had a very low value in Agility, while judging from the other guy primaries (which distributed points quite evenly) I expect he also had more balanced physicals.

While your point distribution is usually better and to be preferred, a fighter like yours still needs a bit of polishing through training before being able to fight. If you'll repeat the fight with the same guy in a couple of month you will destroy him, but in the extremely short term you were not able to stand and fight.

I suggest to train him and give him some more chances before cutting him, a granite chin is never to be underestimated, especially for a grappler

• 2 weeks later...