Bankruptcy

WhisperingDeath

Hi all I am a fairly new user who despite all of the warnings started a fight org. I read all of the warnings but ultimately running an org was what I wanted to do in this game and there wasn't a whole lot to be learned without doing it. I spoke with several other org owners trying to glean info and asking/offering to help with their org, mostly to no avail. The mistake I made, partially at someone's recommendation, was to sign to many fighters too soon and probably at too steep of a contract. Although many of them were in the 300/300/300 range which is what I seemed to be getting for my newly made fighters. I spent too much money here and not enough in advertising and after my first event I was left with about $2000.00 and could not put on a second show and so make more money. After looking for partnerships and investors in the hopes of bringing in cash flow I closed the company and am right now $46,000 in debt and expecting to go out bankrupt soon. I enjoyed the work of running an org and look forward to trying again with an improved business model but probably not for a while. I am running a gym, Spartan Pankration, right now trying to gain some working knowledge of that should I decide to do that later. I was wanting to do a specialty gym focusing providing excellent GnP instruction for a reasonable price so that whether you wanted to have a fighter who was primarily a GnPer or whether you just wanted to train it for your upcoming fight you would be able to do it efficiently and cost effectively.

At any rate with bankruptcy looming I have a few questions. Is there a way to avoid losing your fighters? Could I re-up my VIP before losing it? If not, I read that you keep three fighters and I have purchased an extra slot would I be able to keep four then? What is the process for choosing what fighters you keep because there are a few fighters I am really interested in keeping. I think that may be all of my concerns, maybe.

:poster_stupid:

Lucky Jones

Hi. Sorry that you've run into problems. Yes, you can keep all your fighters. When the VIP expires automatically, you get a screen to re-up you VIP and keep all your fighters, or carry on as basic and pick which fighters to keep (and if you did that, it would let you pick who to keep, including your extra slot).

Hi. Sorry that you've run into problems. Yes, you can keep all your fighters. When the VIP expires automatically, you get a screen to re-up you VIP and keep all your fighters, or carry on as basic and pick which fighters to keep (and if you did that, it would let you pick who to keep, including your extra slot).

Thanks so much!! I effin love you man.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks so much!! I effin love you man.

this guy is a perfect example of why the game should not be made easier. the fact that its hard makes it fun and exciting. im sure he'll come back stronger and more determined and play smarter and harder, not get mad and quit playing. the high stakes are the thrill

its like a rubix cube, if it wer easy to work then it would be no drive to work it, but its damn near impossible. but yet it is possible, and thats how it creates such an addiction.

im so fearfull that this game is gonna just be made easier and easier until the competitiveness is gone along with all the excitement

I'd kind of like to see the option of buying products from yourself. I don't see why not. Gym/Org owners can sign their own fighters. But if I want my fighters to display my shirts, I have to "gift" it or sponsor it.
. True manny

i have a question before i re-up my vip. it runs out in about 10 days

if i get 1 year vip and my company goes bankrupt (which it might) will i lose my entire year or will i just lose that particular 3 months?

and if it is just the 3 months that you lose, would that be all that would have to be repurchased if i wanted to make another attempt at running a company. or exactly how does it work it you have a full year vip.

A. Yes, you'd lose the year

B. when you re-purchase VIP, for any length, you can make another attempt to run a company.

that just doesnt sound right? are you sure? i hate to buy 3 months a 3rd time. i know that im gonna play this game for awhile, i'd like to just go ahead and get the full years worth while i have the funds

It's set up to just scrap whatever VIP you have, irrespective of the time you have left. If you buy 1 year and your company gets into trouble, just give me a shout and we can sort something out.

alright that sounds good. hopefully, we wont have to sort anything out.

• 2 months later...

i came onto this forum ready to add a reply about how i thought it is unfair.if my business (nutrition company) keeps goin the way it is i will bankrupt. even though i have been doing lots of marketing such as sending out advertising which i spend about 5-6 hours a week doing. also i wanted to renew my vip but was worried about losing the money. and i didnt realise you got the option to renew my vip (which i will definately be doing). But after reading all of the posts i agree with the way it is now. one question though, if i go bankrupt what time frame will i have to renew my membership so i dont lose all my fighters?

• 3 weeks later...
yeah the fact of losing VIP is a downer. maybe just lose the business and penalize future business. but losing VIP and fighters is horrible.

It is perfectly acceptable. You can't start a company without reading warning after warning about the penalties for failure. Plan your business well and you don't have to worry about losing your VIP or fighters. Like the business page says, just because you start a business it doesn't mean it will be successful. Rush in blind folded and accept the consequences.

• 2 months later...

I have two suggestions: A modest one and a more extensive one.

1) The modest one: Right now to make the loan repayments it will look first to your company and then to your personal wealth in the game. I'd say that if that doesn't make the loan repayment, it should then look to your fighters' money (it would take equally from all fighters to the extent possible). At times, that might prevent bankruptcy.

I know that's unrealistic: If I'm a manager in real life and start a company and it's going bankrupt, those I manage won't bail me out.

But it works out in the game: We all want our fighters to have money, so it's a real punishment, and sometimes it would allow the loan to be repaid when otherwise VIP would be lost.

2) More extensively: Refinancing, sort of in the opposite manner of paying off a loan early. If you've made at least two months of payments on the loan successfully (to stop a quick hit cheater), after that you can refinance the loan. This adds 5% more interest on the outstanding principal, but you get to pay the rest of the loan off only half as fast.

I'd go further and make the base interest 5% and then it goes to 10% if you have to refinance, but if the base interest is 10% then it would go to 15% on outstanding principal. That makes it a desperation move, but your payments are almost cut in half at that point, again allowing people to avoid losing VIP.

After reading a lot (but admittedly not all) of this thread, I can't help but wonder why bankruptcy can't allow someone to remain VIP.

After reading Mike's original reasoning as to how someone could create an uber elite gym/clothing/nutrition to treat their own fighters I have to scratch my head and say... "Why can't you simply say that a VIP manager who goes bankrupt has to forfeit their company AND the fighters that fight for them (automatically sacked, perhaps even deleted to prevent someone else from picking up these "tainted" fighters), but they maintain the right to have 10 fighters and create a company (only after paying off their debt)?" Then someone who has paid for VIP can keep the tools (like scouting) and the extra VIP fighter slots, but they still face an in game financial and hype penalty.

*shrugs*

• 1 month later...

I have an idea that hasn't been brought up.

The problem here is that it's too easy to get a loan. Just like in the real world, when it's too easy to get a loan, you end up having too many people default.

My solution would be remove the ability to auto get a loan from the game, and make all business owners either bankroll their own company or get loans from other managers. If they default, the loan giver takes over the company since the company itself is the collateral. Individual lenders can adjust their own interest rates and risk tolerance.

VIP status is harsh I mean you're basically pissing away your own REAL money on a virtual simulation. Maybe a 1 freebie rule where you get off scott free ONCE and only one. I mean people make mistakes, accidentally press the hire button.

I admit I tried hiring a coach that was good in all aspects once he lasted a week, then I accidently hired a coach that was worthless in everything.

As for your fighters in your own gym, why not have a limit on how many fighters are in your gym?

• 2 months later...

This is my proposal:

- company sold,

- bank balance set to 0,00,

- manager's cut halved for a lenght of time (5% instead 10%).

- inihbition to run another company for six months.

This is a common measure in other sports like soccer in europe, where you get radiated only for major crimes (like buying matches), but you can be inihbited for a lenght of time and receive an economic sanction. I think it could work, it is hard measure, but not as hard as losing the vip status with no second chance

What you think?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok here is my problem. I think there should also be a govanor of sales. I bought a company with 75 fighters and all the titles had owners. He said that he was going to move to another location. I bought the company but not before he cut all the title holders and over 3\4 of the fighters and left me with a org I though I was buying with Cred and a fan base then I have to strip the title wich shoots the pop and cred down. I can understand but a govanor would be nice.

Whats up with getting a loan from the game 2 if you get a second loan and you have paid the other one back in full your payments should be smaller not more obviously your paying it back in time so why would the payment go up.

just a few thoughts

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

How about just having it chop a month off VIP?

That way it's an even penalty across the board for all VIPs (so a guy with a years VIP loses as much as a guy with 3 months) -- could even have it persist so if a guy loses a month off VIP with 3 days left his 27 days of non-VIP still need to be paid off if he goes VIP again or something.

• 1 month later...

I know this is a old thread and people may not even read this but I have an idea. What if a somebody makes a company and it goes bankrupt ,they lose all their money and possesions,their fighters maybe lose a part or maybe all their money and possessions, the managers loses some hype and they lose their top fighter. Also they cant start another company till they get new VIP.

Them and their fighter losing money and possessions would make sense because in real life the bank would take all their assets. Also if somebody made the company to just give their fights free stuff they would lose all of that anyways. So it would make creating those companies just to give their fighters free stuff pointless.

The manager losing hype i just thought of because if you made a company that tank you probably wouldn't be that popular after. I really don't know what hype does so im not sure if thats really a punishment or not.

The losing their top fighter would be more of a punishment more then anything. But if I was a fighter and my manger had a company tank and went broke I would probably leave them.

Then the not starting a new company would be because if you had a company go broke the banks not gonna give you a loan again anyways. I don't think it should be forever though because it is just a game and people do make mistakes. If they can never make a company again it would deter people who made a honest mistake from buying VIP again.

These changes would stop mike from having to deal with figuring out which people made mistakes and which people were trying to abuse the system. I dont know anything about coding and stuff but it sounds like it wouldn't need any manual control to make the consequences happen. Also now by making a company or organization all you would risk is losing in game items not your actual money. It might actually increase VIP purchases.