Hey guys

Lockdown

People told me that flights would be auto-booked for me and I could cancel them to 'teleport' but I left it till a couple hours before one of my fights and this did not happen so I just flew myself 1st class all the same, I'm fairly sure I'm doing this wrong somehow but I was worried I would NC a fight otherwise.

People told me that flights would be auto-booked for me and I could cancel them to 'teleport' but I left it till a couple hours before one of my fights and this did not happen so I just flew myself 1st class all the same, I'm fairly sure I'm doing this wrong somehow but I was worried I would NC a fight otherwise.

Yeah, cause people too dumb to understand exactly how it works(I have tried explaining it to 10+ people), so everyone tells them it "teleports" your fighter. Truth is, it doesn't teleport your fighter, it doesn't move him anywhere. Basically, before calculating a fight the game makes check if fighter location = event location, if the result is TRUE then it continues to calculating the fight, if the result is FALSE, then it scores the fight as no contest. I don't remember what exactly happened before, there were some problems with server load etc., so as a result Mike turned off the location no contest, meaning the game would skip the location check at the beginning of every fight. It doesn't matter where your fighter at, he will fight anywhere.

• Downvote 2

This is something Mike should have properly explained to everyone. It's not that people are 'stupid', its just something that is broken that hasnt been properly explained to them outside of forum rumours.

I still fly out the week of my fights to support the local gyms and free up my own coaches. Makes me feel more connected to the community of the Tycoon world

• Upvote 2

This is something Mike should have properly explained to everyone. It's not that people are 'stupid', its just something that is broken that hasnt been properly explained to them outside of forum rumours.

I still fly out the week of my fights to support the local gyms and free up my own coaches. Makes me feel more connected to the community of the Tycoon world

He sent a mass mail to everyone. I can understand new users not getting it but everyone registered by the time of the change was informed. Dont wanna be an ass, but the problem is lack of will to read and comprehend. 5 posts above i have explained that it is not a bug, it is not an error, it is just switched off to help people not miss a fight because LA fights start one hour earlier than before - 5 pm local time to avoid server load and fights not starting. And you come here and say that it is broken and people werent informed.

Edit: Yes, i also think there should be an info on the spoiler page for new users, but they are the only ones affected by the lack of explanation since everyone else was informed by Mike.

• Downvote 2

He sent a mass mail to everyone. I can understand new users not getting it but everyone registered by the time of the change was informed. Dont wanna be an ass, but the problem is lack of will to read and comprehend. 5 posts above i have explained that it is not a bug, it is not an error, it is just switched off to help people not miss a fight because LA fights start one hour earlier than before - 5 pm local time to avoid server load and fights not starting. And you come here and say that it is broken and people werent informed.

Edit: Yes, i also think there should be an info on the spoiler page for new users, but they are the only ones affected by the lack of explanation since everyone else was informed by Mike.

The email system is very temporary, and like you said, anyone who came to the site after the email will NO idea what is happening. I no longer have the email and I dont remember it being very informative. Emails get lost very quickly when you receive a ton of them. It also didnt mention having to cancel auto flights. Or maybe it does, but you know what? I cant read it or reference it anymore because the email system sucks.

How is it not a bug? The Los Angeles fights were not happening because of the server. This has been a problem for many months. Mike has given no update and still has no idea how to fix the problem. Sure, the location thing isnt a bug, but its only there to temporarily help fix a huge problem.

But you're right. It's not broken. It's just a bunch of people with reading and comprehension problems. Fuck new users trying to get into the game for the first time.

• Upvote 2

The whole cancelling Auto Flights and getting to your fight and back instantly with no energy loss is actually an error. It was happening well before Mike turned off auto flights and tbh I have seen no change in how things have been working since Mike turned off locations. This has been happening since Mike removed NC's I believe and was a result of it and Mike didnt actually know until it was brought to his attention some months ago. Personally, I would have a section at the top of the spoiler page pinned highlighting any current issues going on and update it over time adding in current issues and removing the resolved ones.

• Upvote 3